Chairman Húxiān
He/Him/His
October 29
Fuchsia City, Kanto
Homosexual
Pharmaceutial CEO
5 height
5 height
"Past performance does not guarantee future results," you will whisper to the rising moon.
awards
46 posts
part of
TAG WITH @tianyu
Húxiān Tianyu
Efflorescing Quartz
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2022 3:25:57 GMT
Húxiān Tianyu Avatar

His face shaded beneath the crimson canopy of his umbrella, the myriad little Dustox charms wreathing it catching the light to glitter in tinctures of anaemic jade, Tianyu carries upon his free arm a single basket. Easy to spot amidst the greenery of its backdrop, he pauses before a patch of glittering foliage, a soft hum reverberating from his chest as he contemplates the crystalline petals of the flowers.

At his side strides a Ninetales vixen, her nose snuffing with disinterest at one of the crystal-like blossoms that sprouts from the patch. Giving a little huff, Daji looks up to her partner with an air of expectation, a sharp bark of reprimand given when Tianyu does not immediately carry out his purpose for coming here.

Chuckling softly, Tianyu inclines his head to Daji and amends contritely, "Yes, I apologise tai tai." With that spoken he kneels, his umbrella propped haphazardly upon his shoulder as he places the basket on the ground before himself. Reaching out, his slender fingers snap off a single flower from the mass to place in his basket, with more crystal-petal specimens soon following.

+ Mission: Crystals in Bloom
+

close tab

played by

McFuzzled

Dr. Driscoll
He/Him
October 24
Castelia City
Homosexual
Scientist
Grunt
20 height
20 height
Little crises help you relish the calm.
awards
82 posts
part of
TAG WITH @henrydriscoll
Henry Driscoll
Efflorescing Quartz
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2022 4:36:16 GMT
Henry Driscoll Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","complanet"]

[attr="class","complanet-color"]

[attr="class","complanet-grad"]

[attr="class","complanet-img"]

[attr="class","complanet-img-1"]

[attr="class","complanet-shadow"]

[attr="class","complanet-top"]

LITTLE CRISES HELP YOU RELISH THE CALM

[attr="class","complanet-post"]

An inquisitive chirp scales up through two octaves from nearby, followed almost immediately by an exasperated huff. "Yes, but why?"
[break][break]
Henry, absorbed in his work, crouches near the edge of a spray of crystalline buds that have by all accounts burst up from the ground of their own accord. About his shoulders, a small Baltoy twirls with barely-contained energy, evidently the source of the strange chimes before. In one hand, the scientist holds a small black box with a silver point jutting sharply from one end - a jeweler's implement, one used to nominally test the density of stones.
[break][break]
He carefully cradles a cerulean-hued bloom in one long-fingered hand, pressing the implement to the spherical bud at its core and frowning as the device flashes a green light and offers a small beep in assent. "These test like -diamonds-, Ambrose. How the devil were they able to grow petals?"
[break][break]
So caught up in his analysis is he that he is unlikely to notice any approaching source of interruption. Ambrose, however, has other ideas, and upon catching sight of the other man and his Ninetales, the Baltoy offers another wavering chirp, causing Henry's head to snap around in irritation. "Ambrose!" he snaps sharply. "Now wh- ah," he trails off, catching sight of Tianyu and rising to his feet with a quiet grunt of exertion.
[break][break]
"Pardon," he recovers smoothly, canting his head to one side curiously. "I rather didn't expect company this far out."

[attr="class","complanet-bot"]

Tagged:
Notes: CRYSTALS IN BLOOM

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Rajdhani:400,700,800]

[googlefont=Hind:400,700]

[newclass=.complanet]width:365px;border:solid 10px #444444;text-align:justify;border-radius:5px;box-shadow:0px 0px 15px rgba(22,22,22,.2);margin:20px 0px 5px 0px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-color]background-color:#999999;border-radius:3px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-grad]border-radius:3px;background:linear-gradient(to bottom,rgba(5,5,5,.65),rgba(5,5,5,1));padding:25px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-img]margin:5px 0px -15px 0px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-img-1]margin:0px auto;height:100px;width:100px;padding:5px;border:solid 20px #999999;background-color:#444444;border-radius:100%;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-img-1 img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(85%);[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-top]color:#eeeeee;text-align:center;letter-spacing:1.25px;background-color:#999999;border-radius:3px 3px 0px 0px;padding:15px;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-post]color:#eeeeee;background-color:#444444;padding:30px;font:10.25px Hind;letter-spacing:.25px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-post i]color:#777777;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-post b]color:#5f9474;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-bot]color:#eeeeee;text-align:center;letter-spacing:1.25px;background-color:#999999;border-radius:0px 0px 3px 3px;padding:10px;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-bot a]display:inline-block;background-color:rgba(33,33,33,.1);padding:5px;border-radius:2px;color:#eeeeee!important;font-style:none!important;text-decoration:none;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-shadow]border-radius:3px;box-shadow:0px 0px 5px rgba(22,22,22,.05);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Laika Boss

Chairman Húxiān
He/Him/His
October 29
Fuchsia City, Kanto
Homosexual
Pharmaceutial CEO
5 height
5 height
"Past performance does not guarantee future results," you will whisper to the rising moon.
awards
46 posts
part of
TAG WITH @tianyu
Húxiān Tianyu
Efflorescing Quartz
POSTED ON May 7, 2022 2:55:06 GMT
Húxiān Tianyu Avatar

Tianyu pauses at the sound of another's voice, his hand poised to snap another flower's stem before his fingers withdraw and he instead stands. He turns in the direction of Henry, the basket settled comfortably on one arm while his umbrella is shifted to ensure his face is covered from the sun.

"Neither did I." Offering a measured smile, Tianyu bows subtly at the waist before he introduces himself with, "Chairman Húxiān Tianyu of Fennekin Pharmaceuticals. And you are?" Tianyu quirks an eyebrow as he observes Henry patiently, his gaze shifting to the nearby Baltoy with mild curiosity.

Meanwhile, Daji the Ninetales huffs out a gout of flame in the direction of the Baltoy, her hackles raising while an imperious look overcomes her sharp features. The clicking of Tianyu's tongue draws Daji's attention, her sharp bark resulting in a hum of amusement from the man.

"My apologies," he continues. "And this is Daji."

+

close tab

played by

McFuzzled

Dr. Driscoll
He/Him
October 24
Castelia City
Homosexual
Scientist
Grunt
20 height
20 height
awards
82 posts
part of
TAG WITH @henrydriscoll
Henry Driscoll
Efflorescing Quartz
POSTED ON May 25, 2022 3:16:10 GMT
Henry Driscoll Avatar
[nospaces]

Henry lifts a finger to slide his spectacles up the bridge of his nose slightly, round lenses glinting in the light. "Fennekin Pharmaceuticals, did you say? A pleasure to meet you, Chairman Húxiān. I must confess myself unaware that your enterprise had expanded operations in Hoenn, but I seem to recall a significant amount of growth in...Kanto, was it? Despite that unfortunate business."
[break][break]
His smile grows brittle for an instant, a touch sharp around the edges, before his expression softens into placid neutrality once more, offering a self-deprecating smile and straightening his jacket carelessly.
[break][break]
"Henry Driscoll, at your service," he introduces, mirroring Tianyu's bow. "A pokémon physiologist by trade, I'm afraid, though certain side projects do tend to distract me," he quips drily, gesturing to the crystalline blooms.
[break][break]
At the jet of flame, Ambrose twirls up and away with an agitated series of chirps, prompting Henry to wave him down with a sharp motion of his hand. The Baltoy complies reluctantly, featureless eyes regarding the Ninetales for a long moment before he executes a perfect Rapid Spin, eliciting a sound not unlike a rude raspberry.
[break][break]
"That is -quite- enough of that," Henry addresses his pokémon sharply, causing Ambrose to settle reluctantly into hovering by his shoulder. "This is Ambrose. I would note that he is typically much more well-behaved, if it wouldn't make a liar out of me," he offers ruefully, a wry grin tugging at one corner of his mouth. "A pleasure to meet you both."

Tagged:

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.complanet]width:365px;border:solid 10px #444444;text-align:justify;border-radius:5px;box-shadow:0px 0px 15px rgba(22,22,22,.2);margin:20px 0px 5px 0px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-color]background-color:#999999;border-radius:3px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-grad]border-radius:3px;background:linear-gradient(to bottom,rgba(5,5,5,.65),rgba(5,5,5,1));padding:25px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-img-1]margin:0px auto;height:100px;width:100px;padding:5px;border:solid 20px #999999;background-color:#444444;border-radius:100%;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-img-1 img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(85%);[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-top]color:#eeeeee;text-align:center;letter-spacing:1.25px;background-color:#999999;border-radius:3px 3px 0px 0px;padding:15px;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-post]color:#eeeeee;background-color:#444444;padding:30px;font:10.25px Hind;letter-spacing:.25px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-bot]color:#eeeeee;text-align:center;letter-spacing:1.25px;background-color:#999999;border-radius:0px 0px 3px 3px;padding:10px;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-bot a]display:inline-block;background-color:rgba(33,33,33,.1);padding:5px;border-radius:2px;color:#eeeeee!important;font-style:none!important;text-decoration:none;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-shadow]border-radius:3px;box-shadow:0px 0px 5px rgba(22,22,22,.05);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Laika Boss

Chairman Húxiān
He/Him/His
October 29
Fuchsia City, Kanto
Homosexual
Pharmaceutial CEO
5 height
5 height
awards
46 posts
part of
TAG WITH @tianyu
Húxiān Tianyu
Efflorescing Quartz
POSTED ON May 27, 2022 0:35:03 GMT
Húxiān Tianyu Avatar

Tianyu blinks once, slowly, as he observes Henry, a vague surprise evident at the man's knowledge of his family's company, though more so at the accurate pronunciation of his surname. "Kanto," he agrees pleasantly, his smile sharp. "Unfortunate business indeed. We were luckily able to move a good deal of our operations to Johto before the serious fighting took hold."

The name that is supplied, however, is decidedly a surprise. "Henry Driscoll." He repeats, "Henry Driscoll of Unova? Biokinesis and inorganic pokemon?" His head cants sharply to the side as he searches the younger man's face, delight blossoming as Tianyu grows more and more certain of his identification. "I've read your papers. I hadn't a clue you were living in Hoenn."

"Is someone funding you again?"

The conversation is interrupted by the squabbling between Daji and Ambrose. Heaving a soft sigh, Tianyu turns his palm out, to which the Ninetales saunters over to rest her cheek against. "Tai tai," he murmurs in a lowly exasperated, if somewhat scolding tone reserved for an unruly elder. Daji gives a little haughty sniff in return, a wisp of smoke curling from between her lips before it is gone.

+

close tab

played by

McFuzzled

Dr. Driscoll
He/Him
October 24
Castelia City
Homosexual
Scientist
Grunt
20 height
20 height
awards
82 posts
part of
TAG WITH @henrydriscoll
Henry Driscoll
Efflorescing Quartz
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2022 2:26:09 GMT
Henry Driscoll Avatar
[nospaces]

Upon hearing his own fields of research being presented to him in recognition, Henry's eyes widen slightly, pausing fully mid-thought. It certainly isn't the norm for him to be rattled, but he has to admit that he hadn't expected the other man to so thoroughly connect him to his occupation merely by hearing his name.
[break][break]
As the squabble between the two pokémon intensifies, Henry makes a sharp gesture of censure, causing Ambrose to twirl obediently - if sullenly - through the air, migrating to just behind his other shoulder, further from Daji. Disguising - or, at least, hopefully disguising - his surprise by adjusting his glasses, he offers a wry smile at Tianyu's question.
[break][break]
"Oh, yes," he muses, straightening his shoulders, "It really is remarkable where the work can take you, when opportunity presents itself." He blinks, then laughs, gesturing to the other man with a shrug. "Though as you're here as well, I suppose I'm not suggesting anything you don't already realize."
[break][break]
He gives a half-turn, gesturing to the thatch of crystalline blooms he'd originally been examining, nodding at the selfsame basket Tianyu carries. "An interested party requested an analysis of this particular phenomenon. While I must admit it is not typically my forte, per se, there are enough similarities that lead me to conclude they simply shouldn't -be-."
[break][break]
He pauses, regarding the other man curiously. "And you?" he inquires blithely. "Gathering samples for analysis I can certainly understand, though I would imagine you've others to do that sort of thing for you," he quips wryly.

Tagged:

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.complanet]width:500px;border:solid 10px #444444;text-align:justify;border-radius:5px;box-shadow:0px 0px 15px rgba(22,22,22,.2);margin:20px 0px 5px 0px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-post]color:#eeeeee;background-color:#444444;padding:30px;font:12px Hind;letter-spacing:.25px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-bot]color:#eeeeee;text-align:center;letter-spacing:1.25px;background-color:#999999;border-radius:0px 0px 3px 3px;padding:10px;font:10px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-bot a]display:inline-block;background-color:rgba(33,33,33,.1);padding:5px;border-radius:2px;color:#eeeeee!important;font-style:none!important;text-decoration:none;font:10px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Laika Boss

Chairman Húxiān
He/Him/His
October 29
Fuchsia City, Kanto
Homosexual
Pharmaceutial CEO
5 height
5 height
awards
46 posts
part of
TAG WITH @tianyu
Húxiān Tianyu
Efflorescing Quartz
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2022 4:15:51 GMT
Húxiān Tianyu Avatar

A coy smile is offered to Henry in response, Tianyu's hooded eyes sparkling with mirth. "Of course," he drawls in turn. It was, indeed, odd how people found themselves flung to the far corners of regions. Then again, opportunities were rarely as ripe as they are at present in Hoenn.

"Oh, yes," he then muses more to himself than his companion. Tianyu turns to look at the indicated foliage. Glinting and bright in the afternoon light, the flowers are a wonder of nature without a doubt. Well, certainly not natural but fascinating nonetheless.

Tianyu chuckles softly at Henry's continued observation, his head nodding faintly from beneath the shadowed canopy of his umbrella. "You're quite right," he agrees. "And I do have a wonderful brace of botanists in my employ, but, well..." The man's rich baritone trails off as in thought, his lips pursing for a moment before he speaks again. "I do prefer a more personal touch when collecting for my own research."

He casts a glance askance to Henry, his head tilting faintly to the side as he muses, "Are you familiar with Traditional Kantonese medicine?" Not waiting for the younger man to confirm or deny his question, he continues easily, "I believe this," here he motions to the flowers, "may contain similar properties to..." Tianyu's voice trails off for a bare moment, his brow furrowing as he murmurs, "Hong hua" and then, seeming to remember the correct translation, "Safflower - it's excellent for the blood."

"I like to see plants in person. It gives a better idea of their innate qualities."

With that spoken Tianyu once more kneels and snaps off one of the crystalline flowers just below its head. As he places its glistening petals into his basket he muses, "How long are your services presently contracted for?"

+

close tab

played by

McFuzzled

Dr. Driscoll
He/Him
October 24
Castelia City
Homosexual
Scientist
Grunt
20 height
20 height
awards
82 posts
part of
TAG WITH @henrydriscoll
Henry Driscoll
Efflorescing Quartz
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2022 14:19:37 GMT
Henry Driscoll Avatar
[nospaces]

Henry nods in assent, a wry curve at the corner of his mouth betraying his good humor at the situation. Certainly if anyone can understand preferring to investigate something oneself rather than delegating it to minions, he can.
[break][break]
"Ah, no," Henry confesses in response to Tianyu's next inquiry - never an answer he likes to give when it comes to knowledge of any particular sort. "Only in passing, I fear - my experience tends to involve compounds that are significantly less pronounceable," he chuckles wryly. The hypothesis has his brow furrowing in consternation, however.
[break][break]
"Truly? They appear to be as closely related to a gemstone as I've ever been able to determine. Yet you suppose they maintain some type of phytological properties as well? How absolutely confounding," he quips cheerily, though his eyes are hooded, calculating - curiouser and curiouser, as it were.
[break][break]
He practically shakes himself free from his focus on the mystery of the crystalline blooms, breaking into another rueful grin at Tianyu's query. "I must confess I'm something of a freelancer at the moment - the project may change from week to week, but I should say I have a compelling motivation to remain in the region for a few years, I should think." He slides his glasses up the bridge of his nose, casting the other man a glance filled with dark humor. "One never knows what the future may bring, and all that nonsense."

Tagged:

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.complanet]width:500px;border:solid 10px #444444;text-align:justify;border-radius:5px;box-shadow:0px 0px 15px rgba(22,22,22,.2);margin:20px 0px 5px 0px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-post]color:#eeeeee;background-color:#444444;padding:30px;font:12px Hind;letter-spacing:.25px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-bot]color:#eeeeee;text-align:center;letter-spacing:1.25px;background-color:#999999;border-radius:0px 0px 3px 3px;padding:10px;font:10px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-bot a]display:inline-block;background-color:rgba(33,33,33,.1);padding:5px;border-radius:2px;color:#eeeeee!important;font-style:none!important;text-decoration:none;font:10px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Laika Boss

Chairman Húxiān
He/Him/His
October 29
Fuchsia City, Kanto
Homosexual
Pharmaceutial CEO
5 height
5 height
awards
46 posts
part of
TAG WITH @tianyu
Húxiān Tianyu
Efflorescing Quartz
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2022 1:59:31 GMT
Húxiān Tianyu Avatar

Tianyu chuckles softly at Henry's confession, his scarlet eyes bright when he glances up to the yet-standing man. His head tipping to the flowerbed before them, he instructs patiently, "You are not incorrect. However, look here. When we crush the organic matter, fluid - water - is spilt. It is drawing water from the environment, growing, and the buds are quite similar to newly blossomed safflowers." As he speaks, Tianyu delicately lifts the head of one of those fragile, new blossoms, its properties seeming more organic than the nearby crystalline flowers which sprout around it; with deft fingers he snaps the stem and crushes its end before he stands, smearing his fingertips with water and plant mass with the action. The mangled flower is offered to Henry for examination.

As he awaits Henry to take the sample, Tianyu states, rather than offers, "Work for Fennekin. I can supply you stability, funding and laboratory space, so long as you publish twice a year." A coy smile devoid of kindness touches the elder man's lips as he quips, "Preferably something to do with medicine, but our departments are flexible."

His eyebrow quirking, the upper half of his face cast in shadow from the umbrella he balances on his shoulder, Tianyu drawls in a warm baritone, "Think about it, Mister Driscoll."

+

close tab

played by

McFuzzled

Dr. Driscoll
He/Him
October 24
Castelia City
Homosexual
Scientist
Grunt
20 height
20 height
awards
82 posts
part of
TAG WITH @henrydriscoll
Henry Driscoll
Efflorescing Quartz
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2022 3:52:52 GMT
Henry Driscoll Avatar
[nospaces]

Fascinated, Henry accepts the crushed bloom with a furrowed brow, frowning at it as though it had managed to offend him personally in some way. So focused is he in identifying the fragile crystalline shell from the organic matter underneath that he doesn't process Tianyu's next statement immediately, only glancing up to the other man after he's finished speaking. When his brain manages to catch up to his body, his jaw drops.
[break][break]
That never happens. He prides himself on his ability to react to the unexpected with the same dispassionate precision he employs in every other aspect of his life. Clearly, it hasn't availed him here.
[break][break]
Collecting himself, he blinks incredulously at Tianyu. "I beg your pardon? You do realize-" he bites off the sentence before it can continue, some primordial part of his brain unwilling to allow him to euthanize this particular gift horse. Instead, he meets Tianyu's amused unflappability with a grudgingly thin smile of his own, exhaling a soft laugh. "That is a remarkably generous offer in remarkably unusual circumstances. I will certainly consider it," he offers, tucking the crushed flower into a specimen bag before stowing both it and his meter in his satchel.
[break][break]
The strange stare-off is broken by a trilling Ambrose, spinning rapidly in the air as he floats over to Henry, agitated. "Confound it, already?" Henry all but growls in frustration, forgetting himself. He glances from Tianyu to the Baltoy, at length offering a bow to the chairman. "Forgive the abrupt departure, but it appears we've a time-sensitive matter to attend to. I look forward to speaking with you at greater length upon our next meeting."
[break][break]
Straightening, he turns and shoots a scowl at Ambrose once his back is to the other man, following the Baltoy as it meanders up the trail toward the main road. Fennekin Pharmaceuticals? Not strictly his forte, and he couldn't quite guess at what Tianyu thinks he's playing at, but at the same time, he can certainly think of worse things.

Tagged:

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,989 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Efflorescing Quartz
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2022 6:47:44 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: