Pyrite Town, Orre
Heterosexual
Night Club Owner
Executive
Marionette Accardo
Taken
6'00" height
6'00" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
700 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dorian
dorian westcliff
Home Sweet Home (C)
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2022 20:32:54 GMT
dorian westcliff Avatar

Dorian silently waited for Gavin's secretary to call him into the office. Normally, the Mad Dog might have playfully flirted with the woman while waiting. But the revelations he received from regarding what happened to her and caused the man to become silent and somber. Despite this, he kept his composure about him, doing better than he was when he initially received the news.

"Mr. Westcliff, Mr. Merlino is ready to see you now.", the secretary called to the scarred blonde.

"Thank you.", Dorian told the young woman, before stepping into the Underboss' office.

He had quite a lot to talk about. From his assignment in Kanto, to what he found out.

tags:
notes: tl;dr

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,890 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Home Sweet Home (C)
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2022 15:05:07 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Dorian meant news of Kanto, and Kanto meant a marked increase in Gavin's stress levels. There were too many memories associated with the conquered region to untangle in the space of hours or even days.

So when Dorian steps into the office, he's greeted by wisps of cigarette smoke mingled with the dark miasma of Lugia's blessing. Her pressure on the bare, professional space is particularly stifling in accordance with the foul mood of the man behind the desk. A Sylveon curled in Gavin's lap does its best to exude a calming influence, but judging by the underbosses expression, it isn't helping.

"Dorian." Gavin inclines his head. "How is Kanto?"

close tab

played by

Tagger

Mad Dog of Rocket
he/him/his
May 8
Pyrite Town, Orre
Heterosexual
Night Club Owner
Executive
Marionette Accardo
Taken
6'00" height
6'00" height
awards
700 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dorian
dorian westcliff
Home Sweet Home (C)
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2022 15:27:40 GMT
dorian westcliff Avatar

As Dorian stepped into the office, the familiar scent of cigarette smoke assailed his senses. Considering that he himself was not only a smoker, but a pyromaniac, this didn't faze him in the slightest. No, it was the Pressure, the overbearing presence of The Harbinger, and Shadow Lugia, that Dorian took notice to. Still, the veteran Rocket kept a stiff upper lip. He could tell that the Underboss was practically elated to be dealing with this.

Dorian bowed respectfully to the Underboss. "Sir.", he greets him, his tone respectful as his body language. "I'm happy to report that my assignment in Kanto was a success.", he'd begin. "I was able to weed out the group of dissidents attempting to transmit information, before they were able to successfully get their message out.", he'd tell the Underboss. "As for the dissidents themselves, I made sure to quietly disappear them. Though if we wanted to send a message just for the people of Kanto, that can also be arranged.", he continued.

Despite his success in maintaining order, and the narrative, Dorian's expression was clearly troubled.

tags:

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,890 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Home Sweet Home (C)
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2022 19:00:49 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin listens quietly, nodding as if to reinforce success with some kind of positivity. But he's not thinking of dissidents, as Dorian speaks, but of innocents cowering behind an upturned table in Pallet, begging for their lives.

He still sees that building come down around them, in his dreams.

Blinking away the shadows in his gaze, Gavin says at last, "I'm sure Kanto can handle their own propaganda, should they wish it." His concern was of Hoenn, and quashing the flow of information out of the recovering Kanto had been beneficial to Rocket's attempts to scour its image here. "Though..."

He trails off, frowning, as if considering whether he should ask. But, then,

"You look troubled. That's not like you. Is there something else?"

close tab

played by

Tagger

Mad Dog of Rocket
he/him/his
May 8
Pyrite Town, Orre
Heterosexual
Night Club Owner
Executive
Marionette Accardo
Taken
6'00" height
6'00" height
awards
700 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dorian
dorian westcliff
Home Sweet Home (C)
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2022 19:32:07 GMT
dorian westcliff Avatar

"Of course.", he replied to him.

Dorian frowned upon the Underboss pointing out his state. "Sir, I heard about what happened to Master Choi.", he told him, his sadness surfacing in his tone. "Little Eris told me what had happened to him. As you know, me and Master Choi had been close since our time in Kanto. I just wish I could've been there to have his back. I wish I was there to protect Little Eris.", he finally admitted to Gavin. Though he maintained his composure for the most part, Gavin could probably see his hands clenching into tight fists as he spoke.

He didn't know how much spoke of him to Gavin, but Dorian loved that man. Loved him like the brother he never had. And the fact that he wasn't there to back him up in his final moments really stung, that much was clear. Add onto the fact that was blinded in one eye, and Dorian was now a cocktail of self-loathing, misery, and rage.

tags:

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,890 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Home Sweet Home (C)
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2022 9:41:44 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Master Choi?

Gavin arches his brow, but doesn't comment.

His own sadness reflects only in his eyes, in the subtle and brief slump of shoulders before his posture is corrected. Gavin is used to concealing his emotions while conducting Rocket business... but Choi had been his friend, too.

"We were close," he allowed. "I was the first to arrive, and it was already too late."

He remembers the horrible sight of the black crystals consuming what had once been his friend.

"There was nothing you could have done."

close tab

played by

Tagger

Mad Dog of Rocket
he/him/his
May 8
Pyrite Town, Orre
Heterosexual
Night Club Owner
Executive
Marionette Accardo
Taken
6'00" height
6'00" height
awards
700 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dorian
dorian westcliff
Home Sweet Home (C)
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2022 3:21:35 GMT
dorian westcliff Avatar

Dorian took note of his body language. It was expected for Rocket brass to remain stoic, even in the face of tragedy. After all, they were to be rock solid examples to the rank and file grunts. But in the face of such a loss, it was understood. His words had confirmed this.

"Still, even if I couldn't save him, I could've been there to protect Little Eris. At the very least, I might've been able to keep her from losing an eye.", Dorian tells the Underboss. It was clear that there was guilt. It was irrational in nature, but it was something Dorian simply couldn't shake.

"I figure you're going to find the filth responsible for this. If there's anything I can do to help, sir, I will do so, without hesitation.", he'd tell the Underboss, with fire in his eyes.

tags:

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,890 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Home Sweet Home (C)
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2022 10:03:18 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin's lips press into a thin line.

"What do you mean, 'losing an eye'?" The last time he'd seen , she'd had both of them. Granted, it would seem he hasn't seen her in a little while. He hadn't thought much of it until now. Gavin shakes his head. "Whatever that's about, it didn't happen then."

He'd read Eris' medical reports after her stay in the infirmary, and there'd been no mention of damage to an eye, let alone the loss of one. He'd visited her during recovery, as well.

"We know who's responsible," Gavin adds icily. "."

close tab

played by

Tagger

Mad Dog of Rocket
he/him/his
May 8
Pyrite Town, Orre
Heterosexual
Night Club Owner
Executive
Marionette Accardo
Taken
6'00" height
6'00" height
awards
700 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dorian
dorian westcliff
Home Sweet Home (C)
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2022 2:56:50 GMT
dorian westcliff Avatar

"Of course, she told me what happened.", Dorian confessed to him. "She told me how Matias attempted to abduct her, how he killed Chu-e in the process, before you intervened.", he'd begin.

"She told me that she got into a fight with Matias, and that while she nearly killed the man, he managed to take her eye out. Obviously, that came later.", he'd continue.

tags:

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,890 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Home Sweet Home (C)
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2022 18:57:06 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
It hadn't been Gavin alone, but him and all the Rocket Beasts. Still, it hadn't been enough to save his friend. He didn't blame himself in the ways that Dorian and did, but it still saddled him with the weight of grief.

"We'll take more than an eye if we catch him," he growls.

But he's a hard man to catch, being a member of the Elite Four.

"We've not yet cleared out Choi's office," he adds, after an uncomfortable pause. "If there's anything in there you'd like to look after, I can lend you the key. I know you considered him a friend."

close tab

played by

Tagger

Mad Dog of Rocket
he/him/his
May 8
Pyrite Town, Orre
Heterosexual
Night Club Owner
Executive
Marionette Accardo
Taken
6'00" height
6'00" height
awards
700 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dorian
dorian westcliff
Home Sweet Home (C)
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2022 6:26:35 GMT
dorian westcliff Avatar

"Of course.", Dorian replied to the Underboss, fists clenching tightly again. It didn't take a mind reader to determine the vengeful thoughts coursing through the Mad Dog's demented mind.

"If you wouldn't mind, I'd like to take a look around at some point. I don't know if there's anything I could look after that isn't already being looked after, but I just wish for one chance to pay my respects.", Dorian would request.

tags:

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,890 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Home Sweet Home (C)
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2022 18:51:30 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin doesn't know the details of the relationship between the two former Beasts, but he doesn't need them in order to empathize. was important to a lot of people. Allowing his frustration toward Silph to simmer down, the underboss inclines his head.

"Of course. So long as you don't take anything without consent."

He trusts that Dorian won't, of course, but it has to be said.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights