thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,882 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
sample [m/ee]
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2022 11:44:01 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Subject G seems anxious to please both his old master and his current trainer, radiating a nervous energy as Gavin leads the head scientist past the area they'd cordoned off after his investigation with . The honey has been cleared from the trunk of the tree to relocate the Combee, the area of the dead drop has been secured, and all that's left is a vibrant garden of softly glowing blooms.

"I hear the League is calling them Crystablooms."

He'd already shared the photos and the short video taken by his Rotom while they were back at the lab, and focuses now on procuring proper samples. It feels strange to be wearing a lab coat again, discussing science with his old mentor.

Strange, but kind of nice.

"I also wanted to talk to you about the MAGMA project. You know the gist, I trust?"

close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
sample [m/ee]
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2022 11:53:18 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","prydeimg"]

[attr="class","header"]Mission

[attr="class","setting"]

While and Admin has already picked out a sample, another could never hurt. Especially if one ended up dying from something then this one could easily take it's place. The older man pays little attention to Subject G as they were meant to bond with Gavin not himself. As they draw close the scientist calls out his Trevenant, and telling it to start with loosening the dirt around it. [break][break]

"Yes I recall talking it over with Choi for a bit, though with his passing I had assumed it would be put on pause."

[break][break]
[attr="class","oocnotes"]

+
[break]+ Mission: crystals bloom EE

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"]milky

[newclass=.prydeimg]position:relative; --accent:#a63d6a; --bgimg:url(https://imgur.com/V7aml9U.png);[/newclass]

[newclass=.prydeimg b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg i]color:#fff; [/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; filter:saturate(110%); height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; background-color:#4e1347; background-blend-mode:lighten; [/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .header]text-align:right;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,882 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
sample [m/ee]
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2022 12:02:09 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin's wry smile doesn't disguise the pain in his eyes at the thought of the late . Though he had passed some months ago, the loss of his best friend still troubled him deeply.

"Ah, you of all people should know that death is of little consequence to Rocket's endeavours." The reason for the tightness in Gavin's smile might then be more evident. It wasn't so long ago that Rocket had eagerly devoured their own for the sake of progress. "No, it simply took some time to organize his notes and consult with the relevant individuals."

Gavin steps carefully around the crystablooms until he finds a bare patch of grass where he can kneel down next to one of the growths, admiring its beauty for a moment as he ensures his gloves are properly fitted.

A few Pokemon seem to have the same idea, milling about the patch of blooms, but as of yet none of them are aggressive.

"As we've no further access to a supply of mulch, the current angle won't do. But we've been thinking of other ways to continue the project." He pauses, then clarifies, " and I. If we're to continue, we'd appreciate the backing of a scientist."

Snip. The bloom is deposited into a container, which is then sealed.

"Would you be interested?"

close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
sample [m/ee]
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2022 12:16:36 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

Luckily for Gavin Pryde was looking at the flower to ensure the plant pokemon wouldn't mess it up. Not that he had little faith seeing as if anything is to know how to handle a plant it would be a tree itself. Seeing as he might have show some disappointment in any show of the pain of loss for the old Underboss. [break][break]

"Of course, but often without backing of certain people some projects can't continue, think on what happened to Dr Church," he reminds the other, if he could even recall the doctor that they were under before Pryde finally accepted his promotion. "But glad to see it is continuing," and he does give a seemingly genuine smile, "I'd be honored to aide with it could be fun along side my other projects," he comments as he checks the container. [break][break]

"Speaking of which how is Subject G doing?"

[break][break]

+

[newclass=.prydeimg]position:relative; --accent:#a63d6a; --bgimg:url(https://imgur.com/V7aml9U.png);[/newclass]

[newclass=.prydeimg .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; filter:saturate(110%); height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; background-color:#4e1347; background-blend-mode:lighten; [/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,882 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
sample [m/ee]
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2022 12:26:01 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin does remember Dr. Church; there's little about Kanto he forgets, to his displeasure. He nods.

"Well, Choi is a more reliable man than Church. He left extensive notes on his project and had them forwarded to me in the event of his passing." He doesn't explain how that had led to a Gardevoir showing up at his doorstep with a picnic basket full of contraband; that would lead to more questions than it answered, most like.

It's a relief to get Pryde's backing; he doesn't want to add more onto Lulu's plate when she's already trying to stop the meteor's impact. Besides, biology was less her field of focus, and that's the direction they're hoping to take M.A.G.M.A.

"He seems fine." Gavin finally acknowledges Subject G with a look, and the Riolu who'd been curiously investigating the crystablooms snaps to nervous attention. "Don't touch those."

Subject G does have the decency to look ashamed. Perhaps too much, and it seems to be just as concerned about Pryde's judgement as Gavin's.

"He was the one that smelled the honey and led Jayden and I here."

close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
sample [m/ee]
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2022 12:55:47 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

"Fair enough," though he doesn't blame the woman too much for her failings near the end of his time working with her. Least Choi seemed more competent than he'd give the man credit for as they always came across very weird and not the type he'd associate with willingly. "Have there been any changes to the project that I should be aware of?" [break][break]

He does give a nod before he looks toward the Riolu, "Curious thing isn't it?" he comments before he gives something that could be heard as a hum of approval, "Then it has some use as it is now it seems. Do you feel anything with it?"

[break][break]

+

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,882 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
sample [m/ee]
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2022 13:03:23 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"Now there's the million dollar question." Gavin smirks. "Nothing official of yet, but we're in talks. Talks we'd like you to be a part of, naturally. Mostly it's R&D for biological weaponry. If we can't create new avatars, then we need to find alternative ways of dealing with those of the League." Which is where Pryde came in, being a biology-focused scientist.

"Mm, yes." It reminded him a little of Pryde's son, but he doesn't voice that. "It's too early to have developed much of a bond, unfortunately, and it hasn't done anything of particular note."

Subject G looks upset, if he was reading the Riolu correctly.

"What can you tell me about these flowers so far?"

The one he'd plucked from the stem is a vibrant blue the shade of a tropical ocean. He'd been drawn to it for a particular, sappy reason.

close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
sample [m/ee]
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2022 13:27:20 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

"Sounds like its not too far off from what we were doing back in Kanto then, hopefully results will be better now than they were then," as he knows some subjects while strong never lasted very long. Maybe if there was a power in this flower? Or hey some pokemon were becoming ifected with something right?[break][break]

He gives a nod about the Riolu not thinking it deserved much more on that, "No but eventually you will, I have faith in both of you," he aims slight praise at both of them in some hopes of lighting a fire. How much he meant it though was up in the air. [break][break]

Though all he gives is a shrug on the flower, "I looks pretty? I haven't had it for long enough to make further analysis"

[break][break]

+

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,882 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
sample [m/ee]
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2022 13:32:57 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"It's our hope to learn more about the Pokerus virus."

Oh, to be a scientist in the labs again. Sometimes Gavin misses the rush he used to get from a new discovery... but as he thinks on his time as underboss, he decides it's been worth the sacrifice. Yet for all that he's turned away from science and risen within the ranks of Team Rocket, praise from Raphael Pryde still manages to spark the fires of his ambition. Pryde might be able to notice that familiar gleam in the eyes of the man who'd once been his pupil.

"Oh, we will," he asserts. "Failure isn't an option."

Old words, but with a brighter outlook. Subject G doesn't seem so certain, but the Riolu at least seems gladdened by the praise.

Gavin laughs at the comment. "Well, hopefully you'll be able to give me more than that, soon." He hands Pryde the samples he'd taken. "Keep me updated on whatever you find. I'm particularly interested to know if they're dangerous."

close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
sample [m/ee]
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2022 13:43:54 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

"And hope that the virus is no more dangerous than this flower then," he comments as he takes the specimen. The gleem in the other's eye familiar and good as it seemed to mean he still had some type of hold. Hopefully it would motivate the riolu enough.

[Break][break] "I look forward for things to come then

[break][break]

+

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
sample [m/ee]
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2022 4:15:35 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
(REPEAT)