awards
5,054 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
pomoshch' [s][c]
POSTED ON May 2, 2022 20:14:34 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

It was about time he addressed the Copperajah in the room.

About how all the other Rufflets (and some of the other non-shiny Braviary) were skirting around this one particular Braviary of his he’d encountered in those strange space-time distortions.

Thankfully, he was pointed in the direction of one of the League’s Head Scientists who was looking into the strange phenomenon regarding transformed Pokémon after traversing into the strange distortions, or whatever they were called—

At least he wasn’t doing anything the day he decided to pay the other a visit. Honestly, he was at a loss on how to get this—the changed Braviary to socialize with all the other avians, because they were giving the changed avian a really wide berth it wasn’t funny anymore.

Now the question was, where was she? He twiddled his thumbs as he waited for the other to show up.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
pomoshch' [s][c]
POSTED ON May 4, 2022 17:28:32 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 “Wa- Whoa! Incoming!” Eva elected to take the fairly new flyer Dolly out for a little spin on her way to meet with Alexei. The freshly evolved Pidgeot needed the flight practice and needed to get use to carrying a passenger. The Kantonian pokemon had been doing ok – until the landing.

Dolly shrilling happily, angling downward towards the Braviary and their trainer at a much too steep angle. The velocity had Eva’s blonde hair whipping wildly behind her. A white-knuckle grip threatened to pull the feather right out of her, “Dolly, slow down!”

The avian doesn’t until they nearly crash land safely away from Alexei. It’s an abrupt, rough landing but luckily Eva is nimble enough to keep her balance and jump off as the Pidgeot settled on the ground, “Yeah, yeah, we’ll work on it,” she tossed a berry towards Dolly who nimbly caught it mid-air.

“Hey Alexei!” she greeted with a bright smile. She lowered her flight goggles to hang loosely around her neck, “How’s it going?”

[attr="class","milkcredit"]MILKY
[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,054 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
pomoshch' [s][c]
POSTED ON May 5, 2022 3:05:35 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Things were looking quiet, at least until—

They were not so quiet as there was a blur coming at high, almost breakneck speed and he had to blink in time to see that there was a Pidgeot coming in at an extremely steep angle!

“Whoa!” he shouted as he craned his body away (despite the safe landing some distance away) because for a few moments there the Pidgeot almost did a belly landing—and very nearly sent their rider flying as well. Thank goodness the passenger was athletic enough to score a safer landing on the ground!

“First time out?” he said her way, tilting his head in the Pidgeot’s direction. “The angle was way too steep, but that’s always a thing for first-timers. Had some problems with him, too,” he said as he tilted his head towards the blue-plumed Brviary, who gave him the stink-eye and let out a squawk before plucking at some of his loose feathers.

“What, Kyouya, it’s true! You almost sent me flying too the first time we flew around!” he exclaimed, unable to hold back a fit of laughter as the blue Braviary gave Alexei the most pointed eye-roll he could muster, before continuing to pluck at some stray feathers.

“Things have been… crazy,” he admitted, then tilting his head in the direction of the other Braviary—the one he was test-riding at the time he’d flown through the distortion.

“Do you know anything about this? I’m at a loss,” he explained.

“And that’s coming from this region’s number one bird father!” he added with another fit of laughter as he indicated the not-quite-a-Braviary who, for some reason was really quiet unlike his other companion.

“People mentioned you were the go-to for this kind of phenomenon…”

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
pomoshch' [s][c]
POSTED ON May 10, 2022 4:23:51 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Unfortunately, it’s not the first time out. With a heavy sigh she shrugs her shoulders, “Eh, she’s just a . . . slow learner,” or just impossibly thick headed.

The Braviary didn’t seem amused by Alexei’s admittance. It made the doctor smile and shake her head, “We all start somewhere!”

It doesn’t take long for the odd Braviary to catch her attention. Eva’s gaze is locked on the dark colored bird with the white crown of feathers. She studies the new avian in awe, stepping to the side of inspect it from another angle.

“Crazy is an understatement,” she grins at Alexei, knowing all to well just how crazy things have been for the lot of them and Hoenn as a whole, “Did you catch him in a distortion? Was it more like a forme change or evolution?” she’s still trying to make sense of all this craziness. There didn’t seem to be a pattern to any of it.

[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,054 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
pomoshch' [s][c]
POSTED ON May 21, 2022 6:59:18 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“I was actually flying through somewhere when the distortion just—happened out of nowhere,” he recounted.

“And see, the thing is, I was travelling on him,” he continued as the quiet Braviary plucked at some feathers before shuffling around and quieting down once again the moment the avian realized that they were being watched.

“I could swear I was flying on a normal Braviary when then distortion caught me off-guard,” he went on, pulling out a red feather he’d remembered that had flown off as the wind buffeted them through the distortion and handing it to her.

“Here, you can take the feather, if you need it for some of your scientific things,” he added a few moments later.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
pomoshch' [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2022 1:27:06 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Flying through a distortion? Alexei sounded like . Although, it didn’t’ sound like Alexei’s was on purpose.

“Wow! So he changed right under you?” her voice brims with excitement, “Did you . . . feel anything?” She’s not quite sure what he would feel but any description of a change in energies may help. She had spoken with others that confirmed people actually aging in the distortions.

Eva looks at the feather with fascination. She gently takes the feather from Alexei’s fingers and rolls it between hers, “This is a traditional Braviary’s feather right?” her gaze glances over to the variant, no red feathers to be seen.

“Do you think he’d let me take some samples?” with an innocent smile, she points towards the foreign Braviary.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,054 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
pomoshch' [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2022 21:34:03 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Yeah, pretty much that’s what happened,” he nodded.

“Even if the rest of the League is warning people to stay away from them when they appear… I want to know more about these. Because what would happen if one of them appeared in Fortree? I wouldn’t want to send everyone running away in a panic!” he added with a chuckle.

“If there was one thing I noticed, it was the wings—the wings changed from the standard red to the whiter-colored feathers that you see right there. If it’s like a physical change, well—the wingspan got definitely longer and larger, for one.”

At the remark about the feather, he nodded.

“Yep, that’s the usual coloration—if you want another sample for comparison,” he trailed off, and this was where Kyouya gave him a squinting look, “…I can get you one from him, too.”

The blue-plumed Braviary made a face his way, however since he’d asked so nicely (well, as nicely as he would anyway) the avian shuffled around, before finally plucking a blue-colored feather and handing it to him to take.

“Thanks, Kyou,” he added as he held the blue feather out as well.

The other avian was still quiet, however he’d approached and gave the strange Braviary a chin scratch.

“Come on, you can come take whatever samples you need,” he invited her over.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
pomoshch' [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2022 4:43:13 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Eva shared Alexei’s sentiment. She too sought to learn as much as she could about these Distortions. It was part of her charge as a head professor to do so. Knowledge led to better understanding which meant better protection for the Hoenn people and their fragile universe.

“I know what you mean,” she sighed, stepping closer when offered. She extended a hand slowly as to not startle the raptor. With a gentle touch, she stroked his plumage, “That’s why I’m collecting samples from the new forms of pokemon – I’m trying to see from when and where they come from. It may lead to some better understanding of what is going on,” and how she could possibly stop it.

The balance is Hoenn is off, and something is interfering. Balance must be restored.

With a quick, mostly painless motion, she plucks a white feather off the alternate Braviary, twirling the stalk of it between her feathers. Eva tucks it safely away with the others, “Have you noticed any changes in behavior or moves? Like a change in typing?” That seemed to be a recurring theme in the new variations she ahd come across.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,054 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
pomoshch' [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2022 17:26:15 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Good thing I decided to find you then,” he replied with a nod—his own hand rubbing the back of the strangely-colored Braviary to distract the avian while she plucked one of the white feathers tipped with black at the base.

Definitely nothing like the other, sassier avian who was plucking at some bent blue feathers before squawking. What was going on with these two?

“I know some other people sought you out regarding this strange phenomenon, and I’m sorry if I added onto your workload with my own unusual Pokémon, but it is how it is,” he apologized a few moments afterward.

As for any changes…?

“Well… since I am very familiar with the native moves that Braviary from Unova know… I’m pretty certain that Twister doesn’t exist. Very sure, because if it did, Kyouya over here would have it in his own arsenal.”

An affirmative squawk from the blue-plumed avian, before he continued.

“And then… there’s something else… how in the hell does a Braviary know Psychic-type moves? There was one I noticed… definitely nothing like a standard Wing Attack that’s common to the Unovan kind.”

He pondered how this was going to be done—

“Do you want a demonstration?” he inquired her way.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
pomoshch' [s][c]
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2022 0:31:54 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Eva is quick to pluck while Alexei distracts, safely tucking the feather away with the others for evaluation later, “Well, I’m always here to help,” Eva confirms with a small smile and a nod.

Upon his apology, she shakes her head over and over again until he stops, “No, no, no, no need to apologize! This is the kinda stuff I live for! Without a good sample size, the data are weak. This helps a lot, I promise, Alexei,” hopefully that could help put his mind at ease a bit.

With a snap of her fingers, Eva summons her trust RotomPhone to her side. The sentient device beep and hums to life, shooting out of her pocket and settling at eye level, “Take notes please,” she whispers as Alexei begins recounting the differences that he has noted in the new Braviary.

“A demonstration would be great! Do you mind if I record it?” she motions to the device, “There have been quite a few new attacks we’ve been able to document . . . it’s all quite exciting!”

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,054 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
pomoshch' [s][c]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2022 19:41:13 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Anything to help you out,” he nodded.

“The more we can find out about these—changes, the better, honestly.”

While the blue-plumed avian was busy plucking at another annoying spot under one of his wings, the other Braviary spread his wings—

“And hilariously, or ironically, I don’t know how you’d put it—even this new subspecies? I don’t know what to exactly call it—this new Braviary ‘offshoot’, as you may, is also a male-only species. I’d know if there were female Rufflet—but that’s an impossibility because the Rufflet line are exclusively male as far as I know and am aware of.”

He knew this, because all of the Rufflets he’d been finding (and some Braviary as well) were all decidedly, 100% male. Nothing was going to change that.

Looking over at the other avian, he nodded.

“Can you?”

With a singular flapping of the broader, white-feathered wings, the other avian then demonstrated the—it may have bore some similarities to Wing Attack, but fact of the matter was that—

“You see that?” he pointed out, watching as the attack was thrown skyward. There was some kind of rainbow-like energy surrounding the avian’s wings before the attack was released.

“Normally, Wing Attack, when used by Flying-types, involves them spreading their wings wide and closing the distance before attempting to strike their targets with their full extended wingspan. This… what you saw just now—there was something that looked like a Psychic… or something similar to Psychic? I don’t know.”

And just for good measure, the gray-feathered avian also demonstrated Twister, which in and on itself was impossible for the normal, familiar Braviary-line to know of (or even be able to use at all).

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
pomoshch' [s][c]
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2022 1:32:09 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 The RotomPhone angled itself perfectly to record the Braviary. The modified WING ATTACK it dispelled did look similar . . . but very different to the flying-type attack they are used to seeing.

“Wow!” Eva smiled, admiring the rainbow energy that dispelled with the gust of wind, “I see what you mean!” the RotomPhone floated in front of her and she pressed rewind on the screen. With a few taps, she watched the attack in slow motion and took another look at the Braviary.

“I think you’re right, it does have psychic-like energy, doesn’t it?” She points a finger towards the bird’s crown, “The energy kinda matches the plumage above the eyes, doesn’t it?”

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,054 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
pomoshch' [s][c]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2022 19:09:29 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

He walked over to where she’d recorded the strange—the unknown attack he didn’t yet know the name of (Esper Wing), and only when she pointed out the color of the energy that was released alongside the attack did he realize that—

“Now that you mention it, yeah, it does look the same!” he exclaimed, blinking as he looked over to where the white-plumed avian was now plucking at some stray feathers close to a wing joint after watching the replayed video on the other’s Rotom Phone.

“Can you—can you do that again, only slower this time?” he asked the avian, and while the shiny Braviary was rearing to go, the second Braviary looked up from the self-grooming and nodded quietly.

Unlike the hot-headed shiny Braviary, this one seemed—to be more—pliable? Calm? Was that even a thing with Braviary?!

Another execution of Esper Wing happened, only this time much slower than earlier, and this time the burst of Psychic-type energy was more visible.

“There… there it is,” he pointed out.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
pomoshch' [s][c]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2022 21:09:36 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Even slower, it is more obvious. The Psychic energy bursts from the bird in a slow build, “Yes, I see it too!” she assures Alexei, reaching over to give him a clap on the back, “I think we just discovered a new attack! . . . Or one that’s been forgotten for hundreds of years,” Eva is sure to save the two videos before tucking the Rotom Phone back into her pocket.

She’s sure the last statement would warrant a question from the Gym Leader, so she doesn’t wait to explain, “While doing my research I’ve noticed some similarities that overlap with history. I don’t know if you’ve had the time to read my article on the alternate Electrode but, it proved these distortions are ‘occurring’ in the past, suggesting these are extinct well . . . now extant variations of our modern species,” She smiles, always enjoying the feeling of discovery, “I have a lot more history to dive into,” she has yet to discover where these variations originate from.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,054 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
pomoshch' [s][c]
POSTED ON Sept 22, 2022 14:13:00 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Wait.

Wait, wait, wait a second, what?

“I’ve seen the article on the Electrode, I’ve known those have always been Electric-type Pokémon, but… how could it be a Grass-type?” he commented, brow furrowed.

“And then there’s this Braviary I have that… I guess, is kind of what, a Psychic-type I think? I know that the normal variation of Braviary are part-Normal and then Flying, so this is unusual in and on itself…”

He then lapsed into silence for a few moments as well.

“When you said ‘forgotten’, is it more like ‘lost to history’ because the information wasn’t recorded or something, right??” he mused out loud.

The moment she’d mentioned that the strange—distortions—the blips that would manifest at completely random locations—

“How can a space like that have a… a disturbance that causes it to appear like it came from the past, as you put it?”

Oh, this was definitely a handful and a half!

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights