saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,271 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
PORTLAND, MAINE
POSTED ON May 18, 2022 9:56:12 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

"angelo!"[break][break]

his voice booms across the space as he approaches.[break][break]

"it's good to finally meet you. man, after all this time! i hope you know the captain has been hyping you up."[break][break]

not really. in fact, matias can't even remember if has ever mentioned angelo. most likely. we'll blame it on the goldeen memory.[break][break]

and just in case the captain has never mentioned him, matias introduces himself and offers a very firm handshake.[break][break]

"matias silph."

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-virizion"]

[newclass=".sixeyes"]--accent:#5d464e; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
PORTLAND, MAINE
POSTED ON May 18, 2022 11:22:11 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[attr="class","angelocam"]
Matias. Hey.

Same place. Same mission. Different AQUA representative.

And boy, does strike a very different impression than had with the ranger's grim expression and tequila flask. In comparison, the Elite Four's enthusiasm is as booming as his voice.

Sounds like you've been talking to a doppelgänger. Rumour has it there's been a few of those running around lately,” the corner of his lips tug into a wry kind of smile.

They were both familiar with the concept of alternative versions, after all.

Angelo returns the firm handshake with one of his own, before returning his scarred palm back into his jacket pocket. A picture of ease.

Hope you know there's no refunds if the hype doesn't live up to the real deal.” He smiles.

[newclass=.angelocam] [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,271 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
PORTLAND, MAINE
POSTED ON May 19, 2022 2:20:21 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

"sea skyler, you mean? the queen herself? i wish."[break][break]

so he could end her, her minions, and then the rest of sea hoenn. damn, he's starting to think like . is this her influence?[break][break]

"nah. i'm sure the real deal's even better."[break][break]

to emphasize his point, he gives angelo a slap on his shoulder.[break][break]

"i never got a chance to speak with you after the mission."[break][break]

the mission, said as though it had just been another day in the office for matias. not everyone feels the same way, clearly, so he always finds it useful to touch base.[break][break]

"how have you been since then?"

[newclass=".sixeyes blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
PORTLAND, MAINE
POSTED ON May 19, 2022 19:37:02 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
Shoulders are slapped and wry comments are shared, casual behaviour, a mirror contrast of the assignment that awaits just beyond the doors.

Angelo's used to it. He wears his nonchalance like a second skin, blanketing sharp edges. 

Then there's Matias, making small talk at the imaginary water cooler. Does the prospect of fighting invaders from an aquatic world feel as routine as a morning workout now? 

The keen-eyed pilot doesn't ask.

Don't worry about it. I was kind of preoccupied.” What with having his stab wound being looked over and all. Angelo doesn't seem too vengeful though, given he makes light of the situation.

Well, bills don't pay themselves and I've yet to discover a money tree island. So, busy.

With a tilt of his chin, Angelo gestures towards the League building looming ahead. Beneath it, a world they're both familiar with. “I'm going to guess this place has been seeing you a lot lately?

[newclass=.angelocam] [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,271 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
PORTLAND, MAINE
POSTED ON May 20, 2022 3:26:53 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

busy. oh, how matias could relate. but where angelo has been busy tending to his wound and working, matias has been tearing relationships apart and burning bridges and partially blinding a child.[break][break]

so, pretty much on the same wavelength.[break][break]

matias looks up at the league building, nodding.[break][break]

"yep. they've even set up a space for anyone to spend the night should they wish to. i don't think we'll be that here that long today, though."[break][break]

but matias could be proven wrong.[break][break]

"you ready?"[break][break]

the only indication of virizion's presence is through the single MAGICAL LEAF that floats over. a blink of an eye later, and the grass-legendary is striding up beside matias.

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
PORTLAND, MAINE
POSTED ON May 20, 2022 20:04:45 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
Work. Flying. Falling into disturbing, alternative dimensions. Followed promptly by even more work and flying as a result of the troublesome thoughts the former had brought.

That's what constitutes as 'busy', these days.

So, yeah, their schedules are practically the same.

As I'll ever be.” A shoulder is rolled, giving a satisfying pop. It didn't matter whether he felt ready to fight or not, Angelo would tackle it, anyhow.

If he's anything in this world, it's resilient.

As if hearing that they were ready to depart, their small team grows one more with the arrival of the ever elegant grass-legendary. Drifting into view like the leaves on the wind.

Looks like your friend agrees. We shouldn't keep her waiting.” He nods in acknowledgement towards Virizion.

Latios, remaining invisible, is never far behind.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,271 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
PORTLAND, MAINE
POSTED ON May 21, 2022 3:48:14 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

"yeah. she's already ready for a fight."[break][break]

much like matias which may be why the two of them get along so well. whatever events may await them in the future involving a crispy relicanth and a fiery groudon matters little at the moment.[break][break]

for now, a fight awaits them.[break][break]

it's a short walk that feels awfully long before they arrive at the underground chamber. the divide, as young had called it. the space around them is empty, void of life, but the portals ahead of them will soon come to life.[break][break]

"it's almost always a hoard of pokemon along with a few sea people. i've only run into my sea self once."[break][break]

which will it be today?

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
PORTLAND, MAINE
POSTED ON May 21, 2022 22:58:36 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
Angelo appreciates the soft caress of the wind, the kiss of the sunshine, for a beat longer before open skies are replaced by sterile, windowless walls.

Cramped, clinical and confined.

Months away from the oppressive League building had not changed Angelo's opinion of it.

However a job's a job. At least on the other side of the portal awaits the space between, a world that mimics an endless astral plane.

Works for me if we keep that absent streak going. Not sure if I'm feeling a reunion today.” He didn't have 's stun baton with him this time, after all.

Calloused fingertips detach a pokeball from his belt, the capsule enlarging as it's tossed upwards and snatched with a satisfying clap out of the air.

Has there been anything else you've noticed about the Sea people? Anything I should keep in mind?

Basically, how had Matias been handling it so far?

Was he the observant type or the punch first type?

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,271 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
PORTLAND, MAINE
POSTED ON May 22, 2022 14:46:14 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

matias rolls his shoulders, stretching in preparation for what's to come. even if a fistfight may not break out, it never hurts to be prepared.[break][break]

not that he needs the stretching, but still.[break][break]

"they're operating under the orders of their queen which makes them impossible to reason with."[break][break]

unlike angelo's gracefulness, matias cracks open a pokeball, much more brute in his approach as he calls out his zarude.[break][break]

OOO OOO AAAAAAAA![break][break]

"yes, zarude. thanks."[break][break]

the space ahead of them ripple as time and space begin to tear.[break][break]

"here they come."

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
PORTLAND, MAINE
POSTED ON May 22, 2022 17:44:49 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
They're impossible to reason with, claims.

Angelo wonders whether that is completely true. He doubts its as black and white as that.

(Hadn't some of their sea versions expressed resistance, back in their initial meeting?)

But there's little time to argue, with neither Matias nor the soldiers that await them beyond the portal. For the vanguard seem to have been expecting them, aquatic pokemon summonded as soon as their feet splash into shallow waters surrounding the ruins.

Huh. They're eager.

Whipping the pokeball into the air, a serpentine ghost breaks into the astral plane. Floating above, Angelo's Dragapult LOCKS-ON to a pair of approaching Sharpedo and fires.

Do they have sentries posted out here?” He asks, before letting out a directional whistle to Alpha.

DRAGON DARTS whistle with wicked speed, exploding into the sharks when they breach the water surface.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,271 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
PORTLAND, MAINE
POSTED ON May 23, 2022 9:30:06 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

eager is good. it makes it easier to mirror their energy, to match the fire they bring to the fight.[break][break]

"i don't believe so."[break][break]

or at least he hasn't seen them.[break][break]

matias steps forward. the reflective surface of the water disrupts, rippling with each step before he finally stops close to one of the many portals.[break][break]

"JUST SETTING UP CAMP!"[break][break]

an odd way to describe things, that's for sure.[break][break]

while virizion dashes around in a green blur, LEAF BLADE slicing through various aquatic pokemon, zarude leaps beside matias, ready to slap anything that comes out of the portal with its POWER WHIP.[break][break]

but within the thick of the swarm, light bursts, and from it comes a MEGA SWAMPERT that leaps towards angelo.

[attr="class","pokesprite pokemon virizion"][attr="class","pokesprite pokemon zarude"]

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
PORTLAND, MAINE
POSTED ON May 23, 2022 17:55:41 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
Guess their Sea counterparts just had great intuition then, Angelo thinks. And doesn't buy for a second.

Like they'd stepped over a tripwire, portals swirl into existence, stars expanding in the darkness of the space between worlds. Aquatic pokemon flooding through to meet them like a hungry tide.

Convenient.

There's little time to observe the hidden cards however, not when the flow of the battle keeps his toes and mind busy.

Alpha!

Eyes drag towards the Mega Swampert as it launches itself from the water, fist pulled back in a HAMMER ARM. Only for the cross to phase through a ghostly figure, Alpha ALLY SWITCHING with Angelo.

The pilot's feet splash where his Dragapult had been moments prior. Only for a SURF to loom towards their small party next.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,271 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
PORTLAND, MAINE
POSTED ON May 24, 2022 3:42:07 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

"VIRIZION!"[break][break]

the SURF barrels towards them, towering and looking to overpower only to clash against a wall of PROTECT. virizion stands at the forefront, holding back the tidal wave with all she has.[break][break]

zarude uses the opportunity to leap across the distance to throw its HAMMER ARM into the mega swampert. the impact sends it to the ground, water splashing as a result before it rises once again.[break][break]

"tch."[break][break]

another pokeball bursts open, and from it springs a hitmonlee who stands between matias and angelo.[break][break]

"they brought more with them this time."

[attr="class","pokesprite pokemon virizion"][attr="class","pokesprite pokemon zarude"]

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
PORTLAND, MAINE
POSTED ON May 25, 2022 7:24:13 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
Apparently, there's more of them than usual.

I'm honoured to receive such a grand reception.” Angelo dryly comments as his Dragapult shoots a THUNDERBOLT towards an approaching Milotic, keeping it off their backs.

The Mega Swampert is stubborn, it seems. From the water it rises, its tank-like bulk shrugging off the matching Hammer Arm from Zarude.

Taking a note from the Elite Four member's book, Angelo detaches a pokeball from his belt. As fast as its called onto the watery battlefield, the Decidueye has let an arrow fly...

Ghostly tethers constrict around the stocky mud fish pokemon, SPIRIT SHACKLE bounding it in place, troublesome arms pinched to its sides.

Now!” He shouts towards Matias.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,271 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
PORTLAND, MAINE
POSTED ON May 25, 2022 11:26:31 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

"maybe their queen wants you all to herself."[break][break]

as the swampert rises once again, seemingly unbothered by the HAMMER ARM, zarude could not help but take that as an insult. it beats its chest, HOO-HOOing in anger before the SPIRIT SHACKLE whizzes past it.[break][break]

now![break][break]

in a blur of green, virizion's LEAF BLADE cuts across swampert's stumpy legs, bringing it down onto the ground for zarude to finish off with a HAMMER ARM that bonks its head.[break][break]

the water-type slumps, defeated.[break][break]

meanwhile, hitmonlee fends off whatever water-type comes its way with constant HIGH JUMP KICKS. one, however, manages to slip through as it approaches angelo: a slithering eelektross that looks to sink its fangs into the pilot.

[attr="class","pokesprite pokemon virizion"][attr="class","pokesprite pokemon zarude"][attr="class","pokesprite pokemon hitmonlee"]

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
Marvel
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
Emerius, An Animanga Dragon Age Roleplay