forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
recall
POSTED ON May 18, 2022 22:24:38 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]

a knock at his door drives his attention upwards and away from the laptop in-front of him. two familiars faces push through the doorway, following the instructions of an unseen hand. he recognizes them only through their work, and at passing glances. this would be the first time meeting them both.
[break]
[break]
"good afternoon," he says firmly, pushing himself to rise and stand. "you have my apologies for summoning you here on such short notice, but, i felt it prudent all of us meet for the first time." he extends his only hand out towards them in greeting.
[break]
[break]
the sky-blue dress t-shirt he wore was bundled in a way that his stump wasn't immediately visible, but beneath the thin fabric, a compression like sleeve could be seen covering it.
[break]
[break]

"dr. morales. ms. livy. we have business to discuss."
[attr="class","notes"] | [break]

[attr="class","wizzcredit"]

[newclass=".gabe"] --accent:#b75d5d; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gabe"]margin:0 auto;width:470px;line-height:15px;margin-top:-20px;margin-bottom:50px; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px;letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe blockquote b"] color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; } .gabe blockquote i { color:var(--accent); } .gabe blockquote u { letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe .wizzcredit"]float:right;margin-top:25px;margin-right:-40px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:5px;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;padding:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe .notes"] margin:25px 30px -15px 30px; text-align:center; padding-top:10px; border-top:1px solid #222; font:11px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
recall
POSTED ON May 19, 2022 3:09:20 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

One second you're at home, finishing up another dungeon with your guildmates, and the next you're standing in front of the notorious councilman, -- a typical occurrence when you're the lead reporter for one of the fastest-growing broadcasting networks in the region. Or, at least, that's what Penelope told herself as she quickly slapped on a face of light makeup and threw on her work attire.
[break][break]
When she first met up with , she would've given her a simple smile and wave, tied together with a polite "good afternoon."
[break][break]
Entering the room with confidence, Penelope took to Eva's back right, allowing her the spotlight while she took note from afar. She only reached forward after the scientist did, giving the councilman a solid shake before retracting back into her corner, arms forciably kept to her side. "Pleasure to meet you, councilman Black."
[break][break]
At the mention of business, a glint shone in her eye.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] + [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
recall
POSTED ON May 21, 2022 6:56:58 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[newclass=.icon]display: inline-block[/newclass][newclass=.icon img]width: inherit; height: inherit; max-width: inherit; max-height: inherit; min-width: inherit; min-height: inherit; border-radius: inherit;[/newclass][nospaces]
[attr="class","evaa"]
[attr="class","pkmnBar"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

Eva was honestly surprised to hear from the office of Councilman Black. Since her appointment to Head Professor, not once has a Councilman ever been interested in anything she did. Naturally, Eva assumed the meeting would focus on her research and the progress she’s made in securing a future for Hoenn as they know it. Unbeknownst to her, it would take a different, but welcoming turn.

[break][break]

Upon seeing Penelope, Eva would return the smile with one of her own, bright and genuine as always, “Good to see you again, Penelope!” it hadn’t been too long since the reporter visited her lab. Since then, a lot had happened, evident by the numerous, healing scars raked across her visible skin. They’re painful reminders of the her unfortunate encounter with Rocket: Death by a thousand cuts.

[break][break]

Her toxic positivity still shines through, and when greeted by the Councilman she enthusiastically shakes his hand, “Really nice to see you again too!” she had briefly met him during the adventure to Sea!Hoenn. And just like the one other council member she had the pleasure of meeting with once, Gabe was straight to business. No surprise there.

[break][break]

“Alright,” she lowers herself into a seat, “Let’s get right to it then.”

[attr="class","ooc"]

+ &

[newclass=".evaa"]--accent:#a9d39d; --speech:#a9d39d;[/newclass]

[newclass=".evaa"]width:500px; margin:0px auto; background:#111; padding-bottom:10px; border:1px solid #232323; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .top"]height:350px; background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/q1Q4tR4/image.png); background-size:cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main"]font:12px 'Roboto'; color:#fff; text-align:justify; padding:25px 30px 30px 30px; border:1px solid var(--accent); margin:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main::first-line"]color:var(--accent); font:italic 12px/13px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main b"]color:var(--speech); font:bold 12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main i"]color:var(--speech);[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .pkmnBar"]background:#111111; text-align:center; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); padding-bottom:10px; border-bottom:1px solid #848484;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .pkmnBar img"]filter:grayscale(100%); width:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .pkmnBar img:hover"]filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .ooc"]background:#171717; border-top:1px solid var(--accent); margin-top:20px; padding:20px; font:9px 'Roboto Mono';[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Montserrat|Roboto+Mono|Poppins]
close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
recall
POSTED ON May 23, 2022 17:32:38 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
"i see no introductions are necessary." the women, while not intimately so, are familiar enough with one another that it warrants a clear moving on. he appreciates that.
[Break][break]
" reports have come across my desk-" or through the ears of his 'listeners'"-of your recent... encounters with members of team rocket." that was of course putting it lightly.
[Break][break]
"with league sentiment falling to all-time lows, rocket propaganda spreading like a disease, and with the looming threat of this meteor - it's clear that what we've been doing isn't working."
[Break][break]
gabriel leans forward into his chair and one of the two still forms on either side of him stirs. a pyroar, male judging by the mane, looks up at lazily. he yawns with a curled tongue, sharp canines flashing. it just as aloofly lays it's head back down on his paws.
[Break][break]
"information is far more important than people give it credit for. so-" his heavy gaze remains on eva, "-if both parties are willing, i ask from you, doctor, to recount the events of both of your attacks to ms. livy and myself, and-" his attention shifts just as pointedly onto penelope next, "-ms. livy i would like you to publish these details - with minor changes, of course - it in your next article."
[Break][break]
satisfied, he leans back, eyes flicking between the two as he reads their initial reactions.

[newclass=".gabe"]margin:0 auto;width:470px;line-height:15px;margin-top:-20px;margin-bottom:50px; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px;letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe blockquote b"] color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; } .gabe blockquote i { color:var(--accent); } .gabe blockquote u { letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe .wizzcredit"]float:right;margin-top:25px;margin-right:-40px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:5px;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;padding:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe .notes"] margin:25px 30px -15px 30px; text-align:center; padding-top:10px; border-top:1px solid #222; font:11px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
recall
POSTED ON May 26, 2022 2:29:45 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

The sharp stares of the councilmen brought shivers down Penelope's spine. She didn't show this, of course -- too many years in the field had hardened her enough to externally withstand more than those at HNN ( AKA barney) ever gave her credit for. Though, she'd be lying if she didn't give some of the credit to Eva's warm exterior. Scar-ridden and wounded, the woman was as jovial as when they had first met.
[break][break]
"HBS would be more than glad to report on this," She nodded. The 'slight changes' part did worry her a tad, but she just assumed it had to deal with confidentiality and personal details. Something that didn't compliment the broadcasting studio's raw style of reporting, though, exceptions could always be made.
[break][break]
From here on out, she'd no longer act as a participant in the conversation, but rather, as an omniscient narrator whose purpose lies in telling the truth behind this story. It was she did best.

[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
recall
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2022 19:45:08 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[newclass=.icon]display: inline-block[/newclass][newclass=.icon img]width: inherit; height: inherit; max-width: inherit; max-height: inherit; min-width: inherit; min-height: inherit; border-radius: inherit;[/newclass][nospaces]
[attr="class","evaa"]
[attr="class","pkmnBar"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

Just as expected, he got right into it. No ‘how are you doing? Feel well? Have any fun adventures recently?’

[break][break]

Her pinks lips pulled into frown. She had tried to keep quiet, fly under the radar. She hadn’t told many of her ‘encounters’, as he put it. Wonder how he found out? Naïve to the world of politics, Eva wouldn’t realize it’s quite simple. The Head Professor showing up at a hospital covered in cuts and bruises wasn’t something that would stay quiet.

[break][break]

Eva was well aware that the public sentiment towards The League was strained. They provided lack luster solutions to impressive problems. The public had every right to be skeptical. After all, what have they been able to do to ease their mind while a meteor barrels towards them? Nothing.

[break][break]

Eva can’t help but feel partially to blame. She’s supposed to have answers, but she doesn’t.

[break][break]

What she didn’t realize was sentiment towards Rocket strengthening. Did they not learn their lesson from Kanto? Slateport? Sootopolis?

[break][break]

The professor is silent for quite some time, a stoic gaze moved from the councilman towards the edge of the desk, deep in thought. One made her look like a fool, the other a victim. Both of which she didn’t want to be labeled as, especially to the public. To people that were meant to rely on her for strength answers, and consistency. Other aspects of the stories involved , and certain things she’d like to keep out of the public eye.

[break][break]

Ultimately, it’s the impact this story will have on the public’s perception of Rocket that convinced to her consider it. However, Eva doesn’t have PR training, is this the right move? Whatever she does will impact Matias. Hesitating, she rose from her seat to slip her phone out of her pocket, “Yeah . . . I’ll tell you. I just need to make a quick call . . .” Matias would know if this is the right move. Her eyes pan apologetically between them before she got up to momentarily leave the room.

[attr="class","ooc"]

+ &

[newclass=".evaa"]width:500px; margin:0px auto; background:#111; padding-bottom:10px; border:1px solid #232323; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .top"]height:350px; background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/q1Q4tR4/image.png); background-size:cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main"]font:12px 'Roboto'; color:#fff; text-align:justify; padding:25px 30px 30px 30px; border:1px solid var(--accent); margin:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main::first-line"]color:var(--accent); font:italic 12px/13px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main b"]color:var(--speech); font:bold 12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .pkmnBar"]background:#111111; text-align:center; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); padding-bottom:10px; border-bottom:1px solid #848484;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .pkmnBar img:hover"]filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .ooc"]background:#171717; border-top:1px solid var(--accent); margin-top:20px; padding:20px; font:9px 'Roboto Mono';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
recall
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2022 0:37:07 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
what he asks for isn't easy — putting eva on a pedestal of which to talk about her trauma, and while he doesn't think of eva as a victim, many who read this will. so, when she needs to take a moment of consideration, he closes his eyes and nods once.
[break][break]
after she's gone from the room, he sits there quietly staring after her and onto the door.
[break][break]
"i cannot emphasize the trust i have placed in you, ms. livy." his gaze falls on her then, the edges narrowing slightly. "it's important to me that you understand the implications of that."

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
recall
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2022 2:45:58 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Blinking, Penelope carefully observed the head scientist as she crawled back into a corner. It made sense-- agreeing to a press release without prior knowledge of it would be rookie mistake for someone as high up as she, so when Dr. Morales resided back to the door, Penelope simply nodded and offered a friendly hand raise for good luck.
[break][break]

When the door clicked close, the weight of the room fell back onto her shoulders, pressuring her to gaze back into the pyroar's eyes.
[break][break]

"Of course, councilman."
[break][break]

Wrecking relations with public figures wasn't on her to-do list for that night, so while she'd love nothing more than to shit on the league, she would have to hold herself back for this occasion. That, and she liked too much.
[break][break]

Now, back to staring.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
recall
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2022 4:54:48 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","evaa"]
[attr="class","pkmnBar"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

It’s a quick conversation. Eva could have predicted what his advice (and preference) would be. The intricate details of her stories have some parts she’d rather not share – so she won’t.

[break][break]

With a small smile, she steps back into the room, lifting some of the tension, “Thanks, sorry about that,” she takes the few steps back over to her seat and tucks the phone away again, “I guess I should – um – start at the beginning?”

[break][break]

It would be a clumsier interview than her previously encounter with Ms. Livy when she actually talked about subjects that excited her. This, on the other hand, made her fairly uncomfortable. If it helped counter Rocket propaganda, she’s willing to make the sacrifice.

[break][break]

“The first was nothing too unusual – just a Rocket thug being a Rocket thug. I was called requesting medical assistance, so I only had my medical corps with me, and was ambushed. He roughed me up a bit then let me go. I don’t know why – power move maybe?” she shrugs her shoulders and glances between them. She knows why, but she’s not going to share that.

[break][break]

“The most recent one was . . . different,” her demeanor shifts from something nonchalant to something darker. Resentment, maybe? Regret? Hate? It’s rare for Eva to dip into such negativity, “I’ve run into this guy a few times. I’ve never seen his face. He wears this like . . . wolf mask thing,” she makes a strange motion around her head for emphasis.

[break][break]

“Anyway, we’ve fought before, many times. Usually over the smaller white trees that popped up around Hoenn. Anyway, he showed up in Petalburg Woods when I was on a hike. He was very different this time . . . More aggressive. He just – attacked me. And –“ she pauses because that fear returns. It starts as a tickle in her throat. She swallows it back and turns a gaze towards the slumbering Pyroar, “He was stronger, much stronger, and ruthless too. He knew exactly what to do to isolate me. He had Xerneas at his side . . . and the Legendary had granted him its powers. He’s become the avatar of life, but reeks of death,” It didn’t make sense to her. Why would Xerneas choose such a monster?

[attr="class","ooc"]

+ &

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
recall
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2022 5:06:02 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
while pervew to the main points, many of the smaller details are new to him — their previous encounters, for instance, and the confirmation of a new rocket avatar. this masked figure (), whoever they might be, was a new threat to be dealt with.
[break][break]
at least it gave him something to shift his attention too.
[break][break]
other than his presence, he's quiet. gabriel leans into the back of his chair, the thumb of his one good arm moving absent-mindedly against the leather of his armrest.
[break][break]
when she finishes, he looks to to gauge her reaciton.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
recall
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2022 13:22:52 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

When Eva returned, Penelope had already gotten out and prepared her two pieces of equipment. She first placed the tape record onto of the desk between three of them, clicking the device to life, then she moved to pull out her small note pad, flipping all the way to the middle of the pad.
[break][break]
The head scientist's recount started out relatively tame-- as a public league figure, it wasn't uncommon to be targeted by the occasional criminal or two. Especially when it came to rocket. That organization seemed more like a dick measuring contest between killers than an actual group looking to sought out change.
[break][break]
"wears this wolf mask thing..."
[break][break]
Pausing, the journalist heartbeat flared up and her eyes grew an inch too wide. Was this about him? Again? It took a second for her to return to her notes, and another for them to come out legible.
[break][break]
From there, the story only soured, as Dr. Morales went off to describing the worst of the situation: the rocket's avatarship. With Xerneas. It was an ironic spat on the face.
[break][break]
"..."
[break][break]
Part of her wanted to chime in and give her spin on this tale, but she knew that'd contradict the role she already self-assigned herself. The one of the narrator. The one who didn't reshape the direction of the story. That is, until the councilman turned to gauge her reaction.
[break][break]
"..."
[break][break]
It was foolish to think she'd be able to keep quiet about this.
[break][break]
"The wolf mask rocket," She echoed out, her brows furrowed in thought, "He was responsible for the fire at Littleroot back in November, too."
[break][break]
Hesitant, she reached into her pocket and pulled out a small plastic baggy. Inside was a charred-up piece of blackened wood. "Found this in Petalburg woods yesterday. I thought it might be part of his mask, but I'm not completely sure yet."
[break][break]
She had found it after hours' worth of investigation. It was brutal, but hopefully it'd open some room for discovery. "I went out to the area after hearing reports of a skirmish between and an unknown rocket assailant. So far, that's all I've been able to find."
[break][break]

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
recall
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2022 20:20:16 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","evaa"]
[attr="class","pkmnBar"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

It seems Penelope is more familiar with the masked Rocket than Eva had expected. When she chimes in, Eva focuses her attention on the reporter. Leave it to Ms. Livy to already be on the case!

[break][break]

The fire in Littelroot did jog a memory. However, she had not been keeping up with the latest gossip and was unaware her assailant () had anything to do with it. She knew about Matias’s encounter with him, of course. Her boyfriend’ triumph had no doubt put a larger target on her back despite their many meetings before he engaged with the Elite Four member.

[break][break]

If allowed, Eva reaches for the plastic baggy to inspect the charred wood, “It’s hard to tell from the damage but . . . maybe,” she offers it back to Penelope unless Gabriel wants to take a look, “I can confirm Matias had an encounter with the same person, it was not long before I fought him. It was in Petalburg Woods as well,” she shifts I her chair nervously, hopefully that was ok to divulge, “He has a penchant for causing chaos it seems. I would consider him a high priority target, dangerous and volatile. Use extreme caution. . . and be careful, Penny.”

[attr="class","ooc"]

+ &

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
recall
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2022 22:26:49 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
slow and purposed he reaches out to grab the plastic bag in 's grip. his eyes give it a once over, then another, as speaks.
[break][break]
when they both finish...
[break][break]
"i'm inclined to believe you, ms. livy, but a charred piece of wood is hardly proof." he sets it down on the table, "do you require assistance in investigating this?"
[break][break]
turning to eva he addresses her. "dr. morales, the league has failed you. accept my apologies on behalf of them. should you wish it we can have a bodyguard on your person at all times, and 's as well." something told him she would be hard pressed to take it, but he offers anyway.
[break][break]
"i'll speak my mind here, but, i believe this 'wolf' figure is a rising threat. i'm... working on my end to discover their identity with no luck, and i think it'll behoove the league to bring this figure into light. with your help, i believe we can."

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
recall
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2022 2:07:42 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

They were both right, in different ways.
[break][break]
"I will," She assured the scientist. There was no telling what dangers would come from snooping around, but as it stood, Penelope wasn't the type to let the possibility of trouble sway her direction. If it did, she'd have to reconsider her career path majorly.
[break][break]
When Gabe spoke again, Penelope's eyes flicked back to his, eager to hear what the man had to say.
[break][break]
Unfortunately, it wasn't as insightful as she had hoped it would be. But that was her fault for granting the league a crumb of expectations. She swallowed down the urge to fire back about how it obviously didn't act as any solidified proof and how it was better than the piles of nonexistent results the local PD have turned up. Instead, her lips only quirked up into a cordial smile befitting that of a journalist.
[break][break]
"In the form of protection, maybe." A guard could help, given the volatility of this masked man. Anything beyond that felt like a waste of resources. Especially since she wouldn't be able to trust any aipom they'd send her way.
[break][break]
Unlike the first sleuth of political garbage, the tail end of the councilman's speech lit a smudge of hope in her heart. Glancing back at Eva, the reporter nodded, "I agree. HBS will cooperate in whatever way we can to bring his identity to the light."
[break][break]
As long as they're the first to report on it.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
recall
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2022 18:15:21 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","evaa"]
[attr="class","pkmnBar"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

Penelope seemed like a capable and independent woman, but Eva did worry for her investigating the masked man. Of course, this isn’t Penelope’s rodeo. As an investigative reporter, Eva expects she has put herself in some sketchy situations. She must be a great battler!

[break][break]

“Oh, thank you, but . . . I feel the muscle could be used elsewhere,” like defending our universe from the provoked attacks of Sea!Hoenn. The idea of Matias accepting a body guard makes her laugh lightly, “I’ll pass that along to him but I doubt he’d feel the need,” might even be offended actually. Maybe she won’t tell him.

[break][break]

In addition, Eva shakes her head, “I don’t blame The League, Councilman. There will always be darkness where there is light,” Shadows are a natural part of light’s existence, “Plus, if I don’t have enemies that means I’m not doing something right,” she smirks, a light joke attempting to lift the mood. Plus, she’s no stranger to Rocket aggression. She got plenty of that after the war in Kanto.

[break][break]

Gabriel seemed to agree that the masked man is a rising threat, especially now that he is dangerously armed with the powers of Xerneas at his side, ”I recommend speaking with Matias. He seemed to fair ok in a fight against him and Xerneas both. I’ll definitely be adding more poison-types to my team knowing the legendary has his back now,” speaking of which, she still needed to train with .

[break][break]

“Is there anything else I can do for you, Councilman?” she turns to glance at the reporter, “Anything to elaborate on?”

[attr="class","ooc"]

+ &