Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,351 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Feathered Arrow [M]
POSTED ON May 22, 2022 22:35:36 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Un Duel
[break][break]
[break]
The Fortree Renaissance Faire seemed like a rite of passage in becoming a true member of Hoenn. Numerous patrons of Elisabeth's flower shop had commented on how very much someone like her would enjoy attending, and what the florist suspected they meant was that she seemed the sort of person suited to Renaissance clothes.

Which, admittedly... was not untrue. And the vain part of Elisabeth did enjoy wearing them.

Walking as 'a royal among the peasantry' -- literally, given the heavy costume gown she had chosen -- felt a bit silly. Following by her side like a loyal handmaiden was her Roselia, Primrose, raising her head haughtily at all who dared look upon their entourage. Together they looked like something out of a fairy tale as they enjoyed the festivities.

Drinking mead, listening to mandolin players, and watching jousting was all well and good enough for a pleasant afternoon. However, something far more interesting caught Elisabeth's eye, propped high before the archery mound:

The largest, fluffiest Rowlet plushie she had ever seen.

"Lords, ladies, and good gentles, all!" an announcer shouted. "Who dares fire an arrow to win the heart of this beautiful Rowlet? May the best archer among you take the prize home, and with it, the highest favour of the Fortree Faire!"

Elisabeth could be a relatively demure and unassuming person, most days. Other days, however, her monstrous competitive streak reared its ugly head. The sight of the plushie awakened it in her like a stirred cobra, fangs bared and ready to strike.

"I will try my hand at your little game of archery," the blonde said, and took a bow and arrow in her hands. Sharp eyes coolly assessed her competitors, as if seeking the first sign of weakness among them.

How she pitied the fool that would stand in her way of victory.

[break]
[break]
[break][break]
[break]
[newclass=".elisafont b"]color: #7bb661;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
Feathered Arrow [M]
POSTED ON May 22, 2022 23:13:07 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

On the other hand—

There was a reason why the Renaissance Faire particularly favored Fortree out of all the other cities in this region.

Most of the other places looked too urbanized, however Fortree, yes the very same City in the Trees—had a charm that fit just right with the image of literally being thrown back into the past without looking out of place in the present.

Whispers among the crowd rose up the moment they saw someone—a very familiar someone—approaching, tiny little crown jauntily poised on his head, his outfit betraying the fact that he was, indeed, the unofficial ‘King’ of the city.

(By all technicalities, he sort of was a leader, but not the mayor for Arceus’s sake, what a wish that would be though. Alas.)

“I would,” he countered, having seen this particular Rowlet plushie so many times—but it always eluded him no matter how many times.

“I would challenge the fair lady here.”

Even if he knew jack shit about archery. Hoo boy. He knew something about jousting, but that wasn’t the game right now!

Despite that fact, he was here to ‘fake it ‘till he made it’!

And with that he picked up the offered bow, looking down at the selection of arrows made available.

a new challenger appeared! outfit for reference

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,351 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Feathered Arrow [M]
POSTED ON May 23, 2022 3:20:22 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Un Duel
[break][break]
[break]
Like some sort of evil queen sneering at the prince that dared to rescue the princess locked in her tower, Elisabeth flashed a wicked grin at . "Well, well, well. You too seek the Rowlet? Best of luck, then, good sir."

It was clear from the whoops and cheers of the gathering crowd that he was the favorite to win, making her by default, the villainess. Elisabeth hardly minded that role, for it was the one she embodied at night as a member of Rocket.

For admittedly much more nefarious reasons than winning a plushie at a faire, but that was not important right now.

With solemn poise, Elisabeth notched a green-feathered arrow, her attention focused solely upon the centre of the distant target. Raised as a Kalosian noblewoman, she had fleeting experience in archery -- for hunting was a popular pursuit among the upper classes, particularly in her late husband's family. Bortiforte had been a frighteningly excellent marksman.

Granted, Elisabeth didn't particularly excel in archery herself, but she had some familiarity with the sport. Which was more than she supposed most present could say about the lost art form.

"What are the rules?" the florist asked with a regal air, as if demanding a court reply to her whims. "How many arrows are we allowed?"

"Why, three tries, Lady!" the announcer said, sweating somewhat at the heated competition this lighthearted event had inspired. Indeed, no one dared come between and in their duel for the honour of the Rowlet, so palpable was the tension in the air between them. "Outer rings are worth less, and as you proceed towards the centre, you receive more points, with a bullseye being a perfect 100. Whoever scores the highest with their three arrows wins!"

"Sounds fair enough," Elisabeth conceded. Her Roselia dutifully held her quiver of arrows as the blonde narrowed her gaze on the target, then let loose an arrow whizzing through the air. "Ladies first, then."

_q5hs3fU

[break]
[break]
[break][break]
[break]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
Feathered Arrow [M]
POSTED ON May 23, 2022 13:00:16 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Three tries—the classic number when it came to games such as these.

Noticeably he was already out of his element here, seeing as the lady knew a thing or two herself about archery. The way she held the bow, the way the arrow was loaded—

And all he had to go on was a certain ‘Eye of the Hawk’ that he’d seen in those action superhero movies he watched when he wasn’t too busy…

Okay, fake it ‘till you make it, fake it ‘till you make it! he thought as he plucked a yellow-fletched arrow and loaded it in the bow.

Was he holding it right? He sure hoped so.

Squinting at the target, he then let the arrow fly.

hO209pBn

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,351 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Feathered Arrow [M]
POSTED ON May 23, 2022 18:45:25 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Un Duel
[break][break]
[break]
Curses. Had the sun gotten in her eyes? She knew she should have worn a hat today, commitment to the costume be damned.

Elisabeth glared daggers at her opponent, whose yellow-notched arrow fluttered closer to the bullseye than her green, to the rapturous applause of the bystanders.

"An excellent first showing," she said politely, though the compliment dripped with obvious bitterness. Beginner's luck. Of course. Why wouldn't it be?

Readjusting her stance as she prepared herself, Elisabeth extended a hand, and her Roselia elegantly supplied her with another arrow to fire. Closing her eyes as she attempted to calm and steady herself, the blonde pulled back the string of the bow and imagined its trajectory.

"Let's see if it flies swift and true."

The string was released, and the arrow soared forward with frightening speed.

MRADcIw|

[break]
[break]
[break][break]
[break]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
Feathered Arrow [M]
POSTED ON May 25, 2022 5:24:56 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“You have more expertise with wielding the bow and arrow than I, fair lady,” he returned the remark—was the sun getting into his eyes as well?

He squinted, and was surprised to see that his own BS’ing of the ‘Eye of the Hawk’ had actually worked—so far.

Maybe there was such thing as ‘good luck’ that existed, after all.

Either way…

Another yellow-fletched feather plucked, loaded, and let loose towards the target.

Little did he realize that the way he was pulling the string taut was going to end in a disaster on the next round…

d78GiCif

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,351 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Feathered Arrow [M]
POSTED ON May 25, 2022 5:45:08 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Un Duel
[break][break]
[break]
Oof, zero for two. This did not bode well, it did not bode well at all.

Elisabeth liked to imagine herself the embodiment of grace in the face of adversity. There were many instances of her life, in fact, that would justify such a claim as a fair and valid one.

The spirit of competition, however, was not one of them.

"Are you certain this is your first time with a bow and arrow?" the blonde asked, the disbelief and suspicion in the question both readily apparent. "Or are you merely downplaying your abilities to lull me into a false sense of security?"

It was an accusation born out of poor sportsmanship, nothing more and nothing less.

Truly, Elisabeth needed extraordinary luck to achieve her goal at this stage of her venture. Her last two rounds were hardly enough to equal the strength of her opponent's first placement.

Dared she hope for a bullseye? Or at this point was it foolish to try? Was it perhaps better to simply resign and let the better man win?

Of course not.

"Here goes nothing," Elisabeth whispered under her breath, and her last arrow made its mark on the distant target.

0xYRYv6T

[break]
[break]
[break][break]
[break]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
Feathered Arrow [M]
POSTED ON May 25, 2022 19:48:24 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

At her words, he kept silent—the Rowlet plushie was… it felt like the damned round, spherical object was mocking him.

With its round, smug face…

As he pulled the yellow-fletched arrow from the selection and loaded the bow, he didn’t realize he was pulling on the string with such force that—

SNAP!

The wood, that he didn’t know had been stretched too much, finally gave way and the bow broke.

The damned thing broke in his hands!

“Well, that’s quite the quandary,” he remarked quietly, gesturing at the broken bow in his hands. “Do I get a replacement bow for my third shot?”

And then he realized that he hadn’t answered her question.

“Allow me to share that I only watch and observe what others are doing, before applying myself to what they have been doing,” he shared.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,351 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Feathered Arrow [M]
POSTED ON May 25, 2022 19:55:28 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Un Duel
[break][break]
[break]
"So you are nothing but a mimic?" The cheek and the gall of this interloper.

When the bow snapped in Alexei's hands, a cruel sort of satisfaction settled in Elisabeth's bones as she cackled in victory. "Well, well. That is your third shot, sir. I fear that means your final round is zero, and the Rowlet is thus mine."

Her Roselia likewise puffed up her chest, her petals blushing a haughty pink as she mimicked her mistress's sneer.

It was possible the costumes had gone a little bit too much to both of their heads.

Just as the announcer made to lift the Rowlet plushie from the pedestal, however, jeers rang out from the audience. Countless bystanders began to chant, one by one: "Give the champion of Fortree a bow for his third arrow!"

Goodness, they really, really wanted a local to win that damn owl. Not some uppity Petalburg florist.

There was only one thing left for Elisabeth to do, given the circumstances. The haughty demeanor in her expression softened as a deep, reluctant sigh left her lips. For all her posturing, she knew in her heart she was being a bit over-the-top.

Maybe she had too much mead earlier.

"...Very well. Give him my bow, then." She extended the makeshift weapon to her opponent with a small smile, accompanied by a teasing threat, "Although if you miss the target this time, I'm claiming my prize."

[break]
[break]
[break][break]
[break]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
Feathered Arrow [M]
POSTED ON May 26, 2022 17:45:21 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Was he going to walk away from this iteration of the Ren Faire again without the Rowlet plushie? How many times had he left the Faire empty-handed…

This was the only attraction left where he hadn’t managed to win the prize.

(Because he was one persistent motherfucker!)

“Why, thank you,” he said with the matching bow before taking the bow and hefting it for a few seconds—it wasn’t like the one he held earlier, this one definitely had a better weight than the other.

Reaching for the last yellow-fletched arrow, he then slung it, before taking a deep breath and aiming.

However, for some strange reason, his arrow—completely missed the target.

“Well, regardless of the result—” he hummed as he turned to face his opponent.

“Congratulations to you.”

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,351 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Feathered Arrow [M]
POSTED ON May 26, 2022 22:18:34 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Un Duel
[break][break]
[break]
The plush Rowlet was removed from the pedestal, the shocked expressions of all the onlookers making for a solemn interlude as the announcer handed Elisabeth the rotund bird.

The high of competition had ebbed, and with it, a hollow victory was left in its wake.

Elisabeth examined the pretty plush Rowlet, pinching its cheeks before glancing back up to with a frown. He had already seemed resigned to his loss, defeated but with a grace that she had herself lacked in the throes of battle.

Primrose stared up at her in astonishment as Elisabeth crossed to where he stood, the Roselia flailing as she realised too late what her mistress planned to do.

Concede.

"You were a worthy opponent," Elisabeth said, and this time, the admission possessed an inherent sincerity. "It was a pleasure to compete against you. I had promised to take the Rowlet from you, but... I do not know if I have the heart to, given the circumstances."

Her role as the villain, at least in this iteration, was at an end.

"My name is Elisabeth. When I am not masquerading as an evil queen intent on thieving Rowlets from upstanding kings of foreign nations, I am a florist in Petalburg," she said, a lilac-scented card slipped between the Rowlet's wing as she handed Alexei her business information. It peeked out, roses visible in its corner.

"Should you wish to receive flowers to celebrate your victory, or send some of condolence to anyone you might have defeated in an embarrassing public manner, I would be happy to meet you for business."

She offered him a somewhat devious smile, saying at last, "Or if you ever want archery lessons, perhaps, we could arrange something in my gardens."

[break]
[break]
[break][break]
[break]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
Feathered Arrow [M]
POSTED ON May 27, 2022 0:29:00 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

First of all, he was a gentleman.

Especially when the lady in question was one who had earned his respect.

(Not unlike someone who had broken his trust, but we don’t talk about Bruno.)

Once the ‘show’ had ended, he then tipped off the mini-crown perched on his forehead—towards Miss Elisabeth in acknowledgement.

“And I—while I am not dressed like a prince who goes around sampling everything that the Faire has to offer, you may know me as the Fortree Gym Leader, Alexei,” he began once he’d rebalanced the crown and given another bow before taking… the Rowlet.

But damn, he had a feeling the other wanted it so bad—however, there was something brewing in the back of his head as he accepted the perfectly spherical, fluffy object Pokémon plush toy as his prize, even if he’d fucked up his last arrow shot.

“I would—really appreciate that, I know I’m doing the archery thing all wrong—been watching too many movies so I just copy from there,” he admitted with an embarrassed chuckle as he found something in the inner pocket of his coat and giving her one of the Sanctuary’s calling cards as well.

“The Gym grounds is also within the Fortree Rescue and Treatment Sanctuary—the aviary and reservation center out towards the eastern side of the city, of which I am the owner,” he added.

“Should you find any injured Pokémon of the avian—or not-so-avian variety, or if you want to come down and witness migrating Pokémon in their natural habitat, then you’re also free to come in for a visit.”

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,782 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Feathered Arrow [M]
POSTED ON May 28, 2022 3:55:02 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: