snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,123 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
tension
POSTED ON May 30, 2022 21:51:03 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]of all the days this could have happened... why did it have to be today?

she wears a scowl as she stalks through the pristine hallways of league headquarters. it's a rare sight, even, to see the head scientist out of her lab this early into the work day. of course, she'd still be in there if the damn dittos didn't escape.

behind her, the heavy footsteps of her golurk echo.

and the presence of the ghastly behemoth usually deters people from bothering her, especially when in such a foul mood, but it's hard to prevent her from rounding a corner and colliding with another.

the force knocks her off her path, off her feet and onto her tailbone on the floor. she yelps before a single curse escapes.

"fuck."

her eyes dart, then, to find the person she ran into. she expects to see a council member, her science sister , or even the commissioner herself. she doesn't, however, expect to find luka hovering over her. the woman's face is familiar for different reasons and it's the very reason why surprise bleeds into irritation and finally, into neutrality.

double-d ditto

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
she looks like, if you bit her, honey and milk would flow from her
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
tension
POSTED ON May 31, 2022 2:50:34 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

She hasn't heard from in several days.[break][break]
It's not rare for stretches of time to pass without conversation, but unusual for him to ignore so many calls. Luka feels, lately, as though a wall has grown between them, fields of flowers sprouting in the cracks between their fingertips.[break][break]

He's not at home, and if he's at the headquarters, she hasn't been able to find him. A soft countenance is unusually hardened with worry; it settles into the crease of her brow, the corners of her mouth. It doesn't suit her.[break][break]

So wrapped in her own head as she is, she's hardly watching her own steps. When they collide, it's with as much surprise on her end. A soft yelp echoes in the hallway as Luka stumbles backwards, caught only by sheer luck and the frantic windmilling of arms. Poor Illeana is not so lucky.[break][break]

In stark contrast, her expression brightens when it lands on the other woman. Ignorance eliminates any awkwardness on her end. Luka smiles, and her knees bend, a manicured hand gracefully extended.[break][break]
"Sorry! I wasn't paying attention." Sheepish laugher hangs in the air. "That was quite the tumble! Let me help you up."

[break][break]
[break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","name"]luka chêne

[attr="class","subtxt"]I don't know anything with certainty,[break]
But the sight of the stars makes me dream

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Roboto+Mono|Montserrat|Robot+Mono|Poppins]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,123 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
tension
POSTED ON May 31, 2022 3:03:42 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]the offered hand is stared at, as if illeana cannot fathom why it's even for her. she... does know who she is, right? the uncomfortable similarity of the princely fashion they share -- sorry, shared? she knows luka from appearances but perhaps the knowledge is not shared among all parties.

her golurk's soft rumble behind her echoes enough for her to come to whatever sense still clings stubbornly in her mind. and after the clearing of her throat, the hand is taken.

she hauls herself up with a little too much force and quickly drops luka's hand as if it's made of acid. and with an awkwardness, she busies herself with brushing off whatever dirt could remain on her butt.

"sorry, my fault," she murmurs. it's soft, uncertain, just barely managing to get out of her throat even with force. "i, uh, got a bit too distracted looking for something."

and with that, she steps back. her golurk steps to allow her room to retreat... just as one of those damn dittos crawls around the corner at the end of the hall. she catches it mid-movement and scowls. how are blobs so goddamn fast?

double-d ditto

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
tension
POSTED ON May 31, 2022 8:22:28 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

Of course she knows Illeana Reyes. Luka's impression is that of someone beautiful, polished, intelligent. Even now, frustrated and run ragged, she's just as lovely as Luka remembers.[break][break]

But the other woman's history with her boyfriend is one he hadn't deigned to tell her. Perhaps it seems a bit callous, then, that she sticks around even as tension clouds the air between them. She's not dissuaded even when being brushed off, attributing Illeana's mood to whatever it is that she'd lost.[break][break]

"Do you need any help?" Her voice lilts with the same gentle sweetness as her smile and an earnest desire to help. Luka inserts herself so easily where she doesn't belong, a round pog fitting into a square hole. It's a metaphor well suited to her relationship with as well, perhaps.[break][break] "I've got some time to spare and— oh!"[break][break]

An emerald gaze follows scarlet and spots the fleeing Ditto. But before she can act, it scurries around a corner and out of sight. A moment later comes the sound of hooves against polished tile.[break][break]

"Is, um. W-was that it?"[break][break]

A flick of her wrist releases a pink Lopunny, lithe limbs perfect for chasing after elusive prey. "Bonbon is like, super fast! I bet we can catch it in no time."

[break][break]
[break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,123 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
tension
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2022 1:03:49 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]her cheeks flush with an odd tinged embarrassment. it's not quite right, as if it's existing in an angry fluster more than anything.

and she's not quite sure where it comes from: the dittos escaping from her lab or that she can't even catch a damn blob without help from someone she would rather avoid.

well, it's not that she wants to avoid luka because of herself. that's not right, not in the way she means. there's a bitter sense of regret and jealousy, what ifs and what could have beens crumbled beneath pretty pink beauty and a kindness she couldn't even hope of having.

as the ditto escapes, transforming into something with hooves to high tail it away and luka offers all of her help and resources... illeana sees something in the too bright fluorescent lights overhead. the allure, the appeal, the reasons why is so infatuated with the woman.

and god, it bothers her to no end in the worst, most hideous of ways.

"okay," she mumbles softly. there's little she can say to deter luka from helping, anyway. besides, strength in numbers, right? "there's, uh, four or five, i think, that got out." and they couldn't have gotten that far... she hopes.

double-d ditto

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
tension
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2022 1:57:24 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
The thought that she might be the object of someone's jealousy is so absurd that it never crosses her mind, not even for a moment. Luka doesn't see anything in her that might be envied, no traits worth coveting. If only she could see herself the way that others do, rather than being trapped within the myopic lens of her own pitiful self-perception.[break][break]

It's sad how people so kind and lovely hate themselves.[break][break]

"Four or five? Gosh, that's a lot..."[break][break]

More than she feels she can handle on her own, but luckily Illeana is on the case. The other woman probably has far more experience with these Pokemon, and Luka easily defers to superior judgement. "But I'm sure we can handle it! What's the best way to capture them, do you think?"[break][break]

Privately, she wishes she was cleverer. She wants to offer more than sentiment— teamwork makes the dream work can only get one so far. Though she wracks her brain for answers Luka comes up embarrassingly empty, chewing on her bottom lip as her fingers twist into the hem of her skirt.[break][break]

Luckily, she doesn't have to think that hard about it. For a moment later a Liepard races past them, it's face smooth and blank as a peeled potato. Luka startles, but her Lopunny reacts with laser-focused precision. In an instant she's sprinting towards the cat and manages to grab it around the middle, sending the pair crashing to the ground in an ungainly heap.[break][break]

It's not an easy capture. After a moment of writhing around the ditto transforms back and attempts to squeeze out of Bonbon's grip. It's like trying to hold water, and despite her best efforts the sentient blob starts to ooze out of the rabbit's arms.

[break][break]
[break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,123 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
tension
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2022 2:47:10 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]"yeah," she murmurs. it really is a lot of dittos to lose... "they're only really used for analysis purposes but the league has a lot of them." perhaps in case an experiment goes wrong? she's not quite certain of the necessary number herself but they're helpful for comparisons in her field of work.

luka asks a good question, truthfully. what is the best way to capture them?

she hums through the thought process, levels of annoyance slowly eased away by the cogs of thinking. eventually, a soft answer escapes, "maybe holding them down long enough to get them back into their pokeballs? they're slippery, though."

it's awfully hard to get a good grip on their slimy blob form... as luka's lopunny quickly learns.

the darting liepard is tackled over in a heap of purple and pink fur. and as it quickly dissolves back into blob form, the grip on its body is slipping away. illeana yanks another pokeball from her belt and with a soft flash of light, a being settles at her side. the large owl ruffles its feathers out slightly, stifling a yawn.

"spirit shackle," she commands. "make sure the ditto doesn't escape, please."

robin hoot, her aptly named decidueye, lets out a soft hooting sound before shadows stretch toward the ditto trying to escape luka's lopunny. spirit shackle pins its shadow into place with relative ease. and as the ditto wiggles around for freedom, illeana begins to pull an empty pokeball out.

double-d ditto

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
tension
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2022 3:22:44 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
"Woah..."[break][break]
Illeana's mind is just as sharp as Bonbon's reflexes, and Luka can't help but gape in mild awe as she takes charge of the situation with calculated precision. The spirit shackle binds ditto easily, and the little thing is helpless as Illeana advances with the ball. One down, four(?) to go![break][break]

"Okay! I think I get it!" Soft palms curl into determined fists, and she beams over at her unwitting companion.

"Let's go! I'm sure the others can't be far..."[break][break]

Except they can be. Several minutes of searching come up entirely fruitless, and that same awkward silence has settled around the pair. Luka fills the air with cheerful, vapid small talk, though it's largely ineffective. She's not sure how to connect with the other woman, and not for lack of trying. If this bothers her, it doesn't show on her face. But the desperate need to be liked and approved of settles uncomfortably under her skin, like a splinter.[break][break]

Finally, their luck changes when Bonbon spots an amorphous blob slinking underneath a desk. She pounces, just like before, only this time she has backup in the form of Luka's Comfey.[break][break]

"Okay! Umm...vine whip, if you please! T-try not to squeeze it too hard..." Vines are not quite as effective as grabbing a ditto directly by the soul, but Mille Feuille does her best. The wriggling ditto attempts to transform to escape— first into a Pidgey, then a Mareep, then into Luka herself.[break][break]

There's nothing quite as unsettling as seeing yourself with a child's doodle for a face. All the other details are perfect (nice booba!) but Luka still shrieks and grabs onto Illeana's arm with a noise of revulsion.[break][break]

"Ew, ew! P-please put it away, Mademoiselle!"

[break][break]
[break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,123 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
tension
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2022 3:42:01 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]luka picks up on the plan with such a quickness it almost makes illeana's head spin. observing once is enough to practice the concept into easy perfection. and despite the tension lingering in corners like stubborn shadows, the scientist is impressed.

they are, unfortunately, harder to find than anticipated. the stubborn little blobs have managed to effectively hide themselves away and awkward silence falls from seconds into minutes. luka fills it with small talk, chirping along in a way illeana isn't used to. it settles against her skin, her face, her mind, and she doesn't give much besides uncomfortably short answers.

she should try to engage the woman more. really, it's the polite thing to do. and yet, she can't even manage it. she's bitter, resentful, caged. it's difficult to break out of the guarded place she's built up for herself. luka's efforts are, subconsciously, appreciated but no matter the attempts, there's still a distance illeana refuses to cross.

in another world, another time... perhaps they could be friends.

the thought dies as another ditto finally pops up. it's melting along the floor under a desk when luka's lopunny spots it. and quick thinking on luka's part enables the beginning of capture. at least, until the ditto begins to morph.

pidgey comes first. then, pikachu. and finally, luka herself.

a gasp escapes illeana as her companion latches onto her arm with a shriek and a noise akin to gagging. she stills beneath the contact, head snapping to luka's face. she looks for an explanation but all she finds is disgusted panic. and the breath she had been holding hostage finally escapes in a soft puff through the nose.

"hold on," she mumbles, half distracted by touch and the odd sight of luka with a ditto's face. the pokeball slips freely into fumbling fingers and it's thrown at the ditto with painful accuracy, hitting ditto!luka right in the nose before it disappears into the ball with a flash of light.

"there, it's gone."

double-d ditto

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
tension
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2022 4:04:24 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
She can't bear to look at it: her own body dangling in the air, wiggling bonelessly in Mille Feuille's vines. It looks like a grotesque marionette, and Luka only dares to open her eyes again when she hears the click of Illeana's pokeball.[break][break]

Hopefully she finds some catharsis in hitting Luka's double square in the face. It does provide a rather satisfying smack.[break][break]

"Thank you..." Tension eases from Luka's shoulders in a wave, nervous laugher bubbling atop it. Her hands remain wrapped around Illeana's arm for a moment too long, and it's only when her heartbeat begins to settle that she remembers herself. Soft palms retract as though she'd laid hands on a hot stove and flit back to her sides, empty.[break][break]

"Ah, sorry! I didn't mean to— t-that is..." She exhales embarrassment while the tips of her ears burn. Though she had never had a fighting chance to begin with, she finds herself lamenting the lack of a good impression.[break][break]

"That was gross," she finishes lamely. "There aren't many more left, right? L-let's hope nothing like that happens again..." [break][break]

It doesn't, thank the stars. But even though the rest of their task is finished with relative ease (if one ignores almost getting trampled by a ditto!rapidash), their relationship remains as strained as ever.[break][break]

A nagging anxiety tugs at her, the worry that she's done something wrong although she has no idea what that might be. Illeana doesn't have to like her...but also, why doesn't she seem to like her?! Luka masks her worry with a blithe smile, but she leaves the league headquarters a mess of nerves and swirling, teeth-gnashing doubt.[break][break]

She'll just have to try harder next time. Surely the second or third time will be a charm!

[break][break]
[break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,989 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
tension
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2022 3:10:50 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: