Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
887 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
Ditto Amongus [SUS MISSION]
POSTED ON May 31, 2022 19:48:00 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar

While Josh had his own projects to do, he did find time for Ranger work believe it or not. This go around, the husband-wife Ranger team had been assigned to investigate reports of a missing Ditto, suspected to have blended into the populace in Slateport. Apparently, this Ditto had been part of an attempted robbery gone wrong and had fled. As the Ditto could contain evidence, the Ranger's Association wanted them to apprehend the Ditto as soon as possible.

So it was that Josh had brought Lightning in hopes that the Raichu could sniff out the Ditto amongst the crowds of Slateport with as little disturbance as possible.

close tab

played by

Ven

Zuzu (Josh only)
she / her / hers
thirty-one
april 17
Lavaridge, Hoenn
joshsexual
not-so-housewife
senior ranger
always look ahead, but never forget what you left behind.
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @izumi
Izumi Yamamura
POSTED ON May 31, 2022 20:02:17 GMT
Izumi Yamamura Avatar

“I find it funny, you know.”

Normally she’d have stayed behind at Lavaridge, however their tiny little hometown was sleepy enough to be mostly ignored by trouble and therefore she’d decided to accompany her husband, stretch her legs a little while being out on the—

“How in the hell can a Ditto transform into a human?” she continued, slapping one hand against the other and intentionally saying the ‘how in the hell’ part like a certain game show host.

“No, honestly, how in the hell?”

close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
awards
887 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
POSTED ON May 31, 2022 20:13:21 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar

"I know! It's suspicious as can be" Josh remarked right back as they scanned the perimeter. Who in the world had managed to teach their Ditto to transform into a human? It would take a considerable amount of skill, likely done by a master of normal types like Whitney in the days of old. But this was just ridiculous.

Josh sighed as he scanned the faces of each person without trying to look too suspicious and cause an incident. Lightning still hadn't caught anything so far. Though Josh would accidentally bump into a woman wearing a sunhat over her face. "Oh, my apologies" he spoke up, but the sunhat girl was gone before he could even turn to see her.

@tag

-Notes-

close tab

played by

Ven

Zuzu (Josh only)
she / her / hers
thirty-one
april 17
Lavaridge, Hoenn
joshsexual
not-so-housewife
senior ranger
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @izumi
Izumi Yamamura
POSTED ON May 31, 2022 20:21:24 GMT
Izumi Yamamura Avatar

“You know… I might have an idea… but it’s borderline stupid,” she backtracked, realizing the insanity that she’d thought of.

“Check the Pokédex entry for Ditto,” was all she would say next. Because her proposed idea was within the information the page for ‘Ditto’ contained.

“Got anything on you that has the move Tickle?” she asked a few moments later.

close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
awards
887 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
POSTED ON May 31, 2022 20:26:19 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar

Well if it involved the move “Tickle” then it was definitely stupid, he thought as the blonde would check online for Ditto information. "Fraid I don't" he brought up when Izumi asked, with a shrug of his shoulders. What exactly did she want him to look for in a Ditto infomercial anyway? He looked to her with suspicion as he waited to hear the rest of her plan.

Meanwhile, a street performer was doing a dance in the square nearby. Though Josh noticed... Had they always had an identical twin mirroring his dancing as a pair?

@tag

-Notes-

close tab

played by

Ven

Zuzu (Josh only)
she / her / hers
thirty-one
april 17
Lavaridge, Hoenn
joshsexual
not-so-housewife
senior ranger
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @izumi
Izumi Yamamura
POSTED ON May 31, 2022 20:30:13 GMT
Izumi Yamamura Avatar

“Look, apparently some of the older information about Ditto says that in order to tell if there’s a Ditto is to make the little shit laugh,” she pointed out.

At least, when the kids weren’t around she could swear like a sailor and get away with it.

“That’s why I asked if you have anything that knows the move Tickle. Catch it off-guard, or if you even had a Ditto—have them face-off in a Transformation endless loop thing.”

Kind of like how certain video games had these kinds of glitches…

close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
awards
887 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
POSTED ON May 31, 2022 20:37:07 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar

“I… Don’t have a Ditto on me, dear. I don’t think I can pull that off” he admitted, scratching his head as he noticed that a crowd had begun gathering around the pair of dancers. Curious, Josh would wander off to watch, noting that the pair were perfectly in sync. Curious… Sudden appearance of a twin brother? Or…

“Lightning?”

The Raichu would sniff the area a moment more, before suddenly pointing towards one of the dancers.

“Hmm… I think I have an idea.”

Whispering something to Lightning, the Raichu’s cheeks would spark to indicate use of Nasty Plot, fittingly enough. The Raichu would promptly join the dancers, making people giggle as the Raichu clumsily tried to mimic their movements. Of course, Lightning had been given a specific objective, and as the Raichu clumsily bumbled around, its tail would happen to tickle the nose of one of the dancers…

“ACHOO!”

Everyone would stop as the second dancer would suddenly turn back into a Ditto.

@tag

-Notes-

close tab

played by

Ven

Zuzu (Josh only)
she / her / hers
thirty-one
april 17
Lavaridge, Hoenn
joshsexual
not-so-housewife
senior ranger
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @izumi
Izumi Yamamura
POSTED ON May 31, 2022 20:44:25 GMT
Izumi Yamamura Avatar

Izumi visibly flinched at the sight of the Raichu, but wondered what the fuck her husband was up to.

Only when the not-so-little menace had gone off to try and divert attention from the two ‘dancers’ who were entertaining passersby did she realize what the other was up to—

“Okay, a little unorthodox but—” she trailed off, before one of the two sneezed, while the other—

“Everyone GET OUT OF THE WAY! Escaped Ditto on the loose!” she shouted, suddenly doing a 180 and going into full Ranger mode. There was no way in the absolute hell she was going to deploy any of her Pokémon because that would be incredibly risky, and therefore she looked at her husband.

“Have the menace make the other performer laugh!” she continued as she literally shoved her way forward and took a flying leap, determined to get her hands on the squishy pink blob of a Pokémon.

close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
awards
887 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
POSTED ON May 31, 2022 20:49:29 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar

“Wait, why do you want me to-”

Lightning decided to follow Izumi’s command instantly, tickling the other performer with his tail. It didn’t transform back though. Instead, they were a regular person while the Ditto would make a break for it amongst the chaos, dodging Izumi’s tackle and promptly turning into a Chansey. It would fire an Egg Bomb at them to cover its escape, and people began fleeing for their lives. The crowds made it hard to find where the Ditto was going, but that Egg Bomb was a problem…

“Thunderbolt!” Josh called to Lightning, who would snipe the yeeted egg in mid-air with electricity.

@tag

-Notes-

close tab

played by

Ven

Zuzu (Josh only)
she / her / hers
thirty-one
april 17
Lavaridge, Hoenn
joshsexual
not-so-housewife
senior ranger
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @izumi
Izumi Yamamura
POSTED ON May 31, 2022 20:54:52 GMT
Izumi Yamamura Avatar

“Get back here, you little shit!” she shouted, pulling herself up from the street as the Ditto fled—but not before it took the form of someone’s nearby Chansey and then started chucking random shit at whoever was chasing it down.

“Don’t make me do this!” she continued as she reached behind her and popped an empty Pokéball to full size before she took aim.

If her suspicion was right, and this Ditto didn’t belong to someone, they could easily capture it and turn it over to the Slateport Ranger branch along with the report of the escaped Pokémon…

She then threw the empty Pokéball, going for the deliberate baseball throw and watching as the empty containment unit attempted to suck up the not!Ditto…Chansey…whatever the hell Pokémon it was now into its depths.

close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
awards
887 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
POSTED ON May 31, 2022 21:30:35 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar

Unfortunately, Izumi would find the ball bouncing off the Ditto. Though whether due to it belonging to a Trainer already or because it had just transformed into a Growlithe, was unknown.

“A Ditto doesn’t turn into a human without some serious training” Josh brought up, indicating that it very likely was a trainer’s Ditto. Though what it was being used for was unknown, besides that it was part of an armed robbery. The Ditto’s Growlithe speed would allow it to head into the nearby Pokemon Center. When they followed it, it was gone. Instead, all they could see were a crowd of trainers with their Pokemon, a nurse, and a bunch of Chansey lined up trying to handle the rush. There were a few broken plates nearby, along with Pokemon prints on them indicating that something had stomped on them trying to get over the counter.

“Oh you have gotta be kidding me.”

@tag

-Notes-

close tab

played by

Ven

Zuzu (Josh only)
she / her / hers
thirty-one
april 17
Lavaridge, Hoenn
joshsexual
not-so-housewife
senior ranger
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @izumi
Izumi Yamamura
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2022 15:33:51 GMT
Izumi Yamamura Avatar

Thankfully, there was also another damning piece of evidence that singled out a transformed Ditto—the face was never a perfect replica of whatever Pokémon they were trying to transform into.

“Look for a Pokémon that has a derp face! Yes, I know that sounds stupid, but that’s the other way we can tell it’s not the real thing! Go!” she shouted in her husband’s direction as she quickly pulled out the Ranger rank badge and slapped it on her upper arm before scooting around the counter.

“Sorry, escaped Ditto!” she said as she began picking through the Chanseys that were helping with the Nurse Joys that were running around.

“Josh! Get ready to catch it!” she shouted as she saw a suspicious-looking Chansey idling around—right as she grabbed it, the ‘Chansey’ turned around and had—

The derp face!

“Over here!” she shouted, quickly trying to reach for something—fuck, anything that would immobilize the Ditto!

Knowing that the Ditto line only had two possible abilities, and one of them effectively rendered them immune to being Paralyzed, one of the other Pokémon Center staff who had been paying attention to the situation quickly passed her a cloth that had a strong stench of chloroform reeking from it, before backing away as Izumi literally—smothered the derp-faced Chansey (and holding her breath away from the cloth at the same time) and willed it to stop moving!

Since the Pokéball attempt didn’t work earlier… this was the next best thing she could think of.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,213 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2022 3:09:29 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: