Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
I HATE YOU
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2022 18:28:44 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Even before the region's sleuth of major events had begun to transpire, Hoenn was always known to host an overabundance of flashy galas. Historically, most have been hosted by the region's most notable banks, businesses, or philanthropists, and tonight's invitation held no distinguishable difference from this trend.
[break][break]
Held by the prestigious Sandler family, tonight's event had taken up the main conference room of Lilycove's famous art museum, with the first floor remaining opening for guests to browse the exhibits if they so wish.
[break][break]
Most, if not all, mainly kept to the dining room, preferring to spend their time chastising one another behind false smiles and faked laughs. Originally, Penelope had thought it best to join in with them, taking the opportunity to expand her network, but even HBS' top reporter needed a break from the charade.
[break][break]
Champagne glass in hand, the woman was hidden away in one of the many exhibit rooms the museum had to offer. She wasn't the biggest art fanatic out there, as noted by her frown and cocked eyebrow, but she preferred to play expensive ISPY than spend another second sniffing the insides of some bitch's bleached ass.
[break][break]
Her head leaned backwards as her gaze scaled up the largest painting the room had to offer: an oil painting of a man in blue riding a rapidash into battle.
[break][break]
"Huh."

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
I HATE YOU
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2022 1:45:21 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

I HATE YOU

SO WHY DOES IT HURT?

ONCE UPON A TIME, fernando would have mingled with those in the dining room. fake smile with an over extended laugh. all one big game of pleasantries just to set connection among one another and keep things amicable.

that time has died.

silph co. has no reliance on others. it is a monopoly, through its own necessity, that puts him squarely at the top. the whole politician game of being one of the most tenured and experienced councilmen in the region is a cherry on the top. from a portfolio standpoint, life is good.

he is above them.

which is why they do little to entertain them. he does not need to play their game. he does not need them at all. which is why he meanders around the art gallery in an effort to kill time.

only bringing a rapidash to the field? once again, the league is not doing enough to curb the disturbance in the region.

his voice is monotone and echoes within the lone exhibit room. however, having clashed against him in various verbal disputes, she will know his mockery well.

but penelope livy will certainly find out the truth. this is hbs, live from lilycove’s fine arts museum, with the scoop.

he seers at her through his own glass, a dark wine to contrast with her champagne.

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
I HATE YOU
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2022 21:10:45 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Hilarious."
[break][break]
Her lips immediately curled downward, and her arms slowly crossed across her chest. Both were common occurrences when it came to talking to .
[break][break]
Rich, conceited, and full obnoxious confidence, there was no other man she despised more than him. He was the definition of unchecked power. A person beyond the reach of any media company, government body, or lever used to hold those at the top accountable. An untouchable deity walking among mortals.
[break][break]
"What are you even doing here? Don't you have another market to corner or crisis to ignore?"
[break][break]
It'd been a while since his last appearance -- she would know, as it was another instance where her day was ruined by a simple conversation. So, what did he have to gain today?

[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
I HATE YOU
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2022 21:06:27 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

I HATE YOU

SO WHY DOES IT HURT?

“ACTUALLY,” his answer drips with the same narcissism he always shoots her down with. every exchange that drives him into a corner ends with him pulling a secret trump card. an explanation hidden purposefully just to foil the intrepid nose of hbs’ ace reporter.

that’s exactly why i’m here.

a swirl of his wine splashes the glass with a lighter red than where it pools at the bottom.

to investigate the great crisis of how the sandler’s let you in.

his eyes drop to one the piece before floating onto the next one.

or, if you prefer the truth, instead of sensationalized click-bait, i’m here because i felt awkward about declining their last three or four invites.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
I HATE YOU
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2022 3:20:12 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Another terrible joke, another eyeroll.
[break][break]
It was embarrassing how much she legitimately found herself growing irked by the number of times she'd been questioned on the validity of her own invitation. And, when they didn't, they'd sometimes go as far as to question the host's very judgment for sending a said invitation to someone from a station as 'unremarkable' as HBS.
[break][break]
Tightening her grip, she swung back another gulp of her champagne, this time ensuring it was more than a simple sip.
[break][break]
She only lowered her glass as the 'truth' finally came out.
[break][break]
"Seriously?"
[break][break]
It was hard not to let out a short laugh. To think, the , was awkward about something as trivial as declining a stupid invitation to some irrelevant gala. It was enough to lift up the right end of her lips.
[break][break]
"So the tin man found himself a heart. How cute."
[break][break]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
I HATE YOU
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2022 4:26:46 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

I HATE YOU

SO WHY DOES IT HURT?

“INDEED.”

despite the questioning tone behind her surprise fernando does not falter. in the same vein he cares little about the ridicule he faces in the media, whether it be personal or as a representative of the league, he takes the judgement of others with a grain of salt. they can judge him however they please.

i know it’s hard to imagine that people actually have feelings and concerns.

there’s a posh arrogance that surfaces when he plays the victim.

when you make a living on demonizing and fear mongering something as abstract as a name or image.

he matches her smile, taking a measure sip of his own wine.

but unfortunately, some of us have to actually do something for a living in order for you to criticize them for your views. congratulations, nonetheless.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
I HATE YOU
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2022 4:44:50 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Of course, Mr. Corporate Hoenn himself would diminish the important role HBS plays. It was harder to slip away from the public's perception when there's someone there to hold your actions accountable.
[break][break]
"Sorry, but when did reporting the misdeeds of the league, lack of ownership, and complete mishandling of multiple region-wide events become fear mongering?"
[break][break]
The fun, quippy dialogue had finally soured, as it always had. She finally relented to the urge to look over, using it as an opportunity to not only glare daggers at his shitty apathetic features, but also... Well, no, that was it. There wasn't an also.
[break][break]
There couldn't be an also.
[break][break]
"If the league was actually honest for once, instead of just running in circles 24/7, then maybe we wouldn't have to criticize you so damn often."
[break][break]
She turned, not wanting to give him another second of her breath. It was a waste. Some people -- typically the privileged -- would never understand where she, and everyone at HBS, was coming from.
[break][break]
Despite her head now being turned back towards the exhibit, she'd steal the occasional glimpse from the corner of her eye.
[break][break]
"But, you're right, maybe I should lighten up a bit. It must already be difficult to raise public perception with someone like you is on staff. I should give the council more credit. They obviously have their hands full dealing with that narcissistic behavior of yours."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
I HATE YOU
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2022 6:16:19 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

I HATE YOU

SO WHY DOES IT HURT?

FERNANDO ACCEPTS HER CRITICISM with the same grace that he accepts her for who she is. in that respect, it’s the only respect he’ll give her. there’s no point in changing someone so rooted in their character. it’s what makes them, them. it’s their ego, their pride.

which is why he settles for antagonizing her. for what he cannot change or control leaves him only one choice: destroy.

the league doesn’t do enough, reports the bystander that just watches.

his arms spread, as it opening up a laundry list of slights he has for HBS and by proxy, her.

the league’s incompetence is what led to so many causalities in the ultra beast war, says the person who bunkered down in a shelter while league trainers fought.

his eyes tired with the pieces and settle onto her. and, in the same fashion as these paintings, he finds himself scrutinizing every last detail.

the league is so unlucky to have you, says the reporter to the to the longest member of council not to resign due to stress, career driven anxiety, or being killed in action.

he refuses to take his eyes off her.

how unlucky for them to have someone who stands at the front lines of every war and helps transition new blood to ensure we do not lose the progress of their predecessors.

he can’t.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
I HATE YOU
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2022 15:07:11 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

(No title)
Fernando's words were a whip cracking in the wind, sharp and heavy, growing increasing in intensity with each sentence he spewed. It was enough to force Penelope's eyes back onto him.
[break][break]
"Of COURSE, you'd say that. That's what you people do: diminish the work of everyone around you, while simultaneously playing the victim card. Honestly, it's impressive."
[break][break]
She narrowed her eyes at wolfish man. Greed, corruption, uncheckable power - it was hard not to associate the head of Silph with all the worst qualities the world had to offer. If it not for people like him, then maybe...maybe hoenn could actually prosper. Maybe people could actually feel safe entrusting their livelihoods to the government that's sworn to protect them. Even with faces like running the media, there was no sense of trust between people as egregiously wealthy as him, and people still struggling to meet ends meat.
[break][break]
Penelope took a step toward him.
[break][break]
"Bunkering down? Hiding on the sidelines? I fucking wish. Every day I'm out there, talking to the people whose lost their homes to the negligence of you and the other council members. "
[break][break]
Another step.
[break][break]
"I'm talking to the people whose lost family members, friends, pokemon to team fucking rocket -- the same organization who managed to go under a resurgence under your watch."
[break][break]
Another.
[break][break]
"I may not be on the front lines, Mr. Silph, but that's because I'm so fucking busy spending my time picking up the pieces of the shattered families your broken policies are creating. Talking to the people YOU failed and doing my damn best to make sure you, and everyone on those council seats, don't just get to fly back to your million-dollar mansions, scotch-free, and forget the people you've failed to protect."
[break][break]
This time her murderous gaze doesn't waver. Sturdy and strong, she stood before him with her arms crossed across her chest. The only sound she could make out was that of her own heart, pounding into her ears, harsh and rapid, like one of a small rabbit. She didn't dare question it, though.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
I HATE YOU
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2022 8:13:40 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

I HATE YOU

SO WHY DOES IT HURT?

“DIMINISH THE WORK OF OTHERS?”

he could laugh if not for how painfully obvious it was that she believed it. to accuse him of the very thing her job relied on. downright predatory. hypocritical.

annoying.

which is why he doesn’t back down. every retort she has it met with an equal counter. his own sense of superiority from knowing deep down that he’s right.

talking. talking talking.

when she gets in his face he leers down at her, towering.

all you do is talk. i talked to this person while you were out dying.

i was getting their opinion while your colleagues bled in your arm.

i’m talking to the people who lost family to team rocket while you’re out fighting the very criminals who killed your family.

how easy it is to talk—

the constant mention of ‘talk’ brings his attention to her lips. red, round, pointed with a look that drives him wild for all the wrong reasons.

—when it’s a time for action.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
I HATE YOU
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2022 20:09:37 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Oh, fuck off." she gave a bitter laugh, a glare burning a hole between his wide, broad shoulders.
[break]
Heat thrummed through her veins, pulsing with each word he spat back out. This man -- how could he stand there and reduce her work to just talking?
[break][break]
It was infuriating.
[break][break]
it was dizzying.
[break][break]
But she couldn't force herself to walk away.
[break][break]
Instead, she took another step forward, bridging the gap until there were no more than two tiles worth of space between them. The reporter craned her head upward, forcing their stares to stay interlocked, woven, as if looking away would guarantee his win over the argument.
[break][break]
"If you're looking for someone to kiss your ass and cry for you, then feel free to go back to the party. I'm sure there are plenty of people willing." Her gaze narrowed further. "But, unfortunately for you, because of all that talking, I can see you for exactly what you are."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
I HATE YOU
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2022 4:53:08 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

I HATE YOU

SO WHY DOES IT HURT?

HE DOESN’T LOOK AWAY. he can’t. not with his pride on the line and the righteous fury pumping through his veins.

isn’t that why they let you in, livy?

he smiles.

to play pretend and kiss ass while you try to stick your nose in someone else’s trash?

two tiles becomes one and fernando even leans down a little bit. just to make eye level a bit more possible for her.

tell me, behind that brown nose, what do you see?

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
I HATE YOU
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2022 2:03:11 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

She didn't know what was worse: his comment, or the fact that she could feel her own cheeks betray her.
[Break][Break]
"Not everyone can be a Silph,"she reminded him behind a pair of bright, amber eyes. "Some of us have to actually play the game to get here, as shitty as it is."
[Break][Break]
The amount of politics she had to play burned her. This wasn't how it was supposed to be, this wasn't what she dedicated years to do, or what she promised for herself.
[Break][Break]
Heat continued to curl onto her cheeks as, withoutwarning, Penelope gained a sudden awareness of their sheer proximity. Her breathing hitched, but she didn't dare move. "So fucking bite me."
[break][break]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
I HATE YOU
POSTED ON Sept 22, 2022 14:35:27 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

I HATE YOU

SO WHY DOES IT HURT?

“CORRECT,” he relents with a passing scoff. “not even silphs are promised a silver spoon just because of a name.

his reference is internalized. his own discrimination against his legal-siblings. for all that he despises them—an internal proxy war that refuses to recognize his pain—they have made their mark in the world. their name may be a crutch, and one he refuses to recognize, but their exploits have made them equals.

it allows them to live a high society they have no business of invading.

so you compromise yourself for the greater good.

the way he laughs cools the heat in his ears.

are you just a hypocrite or do you just fantasize being me?

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
I HATE YOU
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2022 22:59:15 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

She scoffed at the insinuation. Did really think that highly of himself, even now? What a fucking joke.
[Break][break]
There was absolutely nothing about that warranted even a thought from her; not his frustrating personality that drove her up a literal wall, or sharp eyes that somehow always pierced through all the bullshit she wore as armor, or stupidly magnetic smile that consistently managed to twist her stomach into knots, no matter how far he stood from her.
[Break][break]
"Ah, but there's a difference, Fernando."She sprayed venom through each syllable of his name. A same name she hadn't even realized left her lips until far after the fact. "I don't have a choice. I don't get to sit at the top and stare down at everyone, without a care in the world, as I make decision after decision for the people around me, never so much as thinking how it'll impact anyone but myself. " Heavy breaths of emotions filled the dwindling air between them. "Mock me all you want, but the fact that I'm here...! The fact that I'm still playing this damn game you've already won, just to publish that so-called 'clickbait', is proof enough of how much I actually care about the work I do. How much I believe in it."
[break][break]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights