part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
I HATE YOU
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2022 5:27:57 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

I HATE YOU

SO WHY DOES IT HURT?

“YOU’RE RIGHT,” he says in full confidence. it almost sounds like he’s campaigning for her side with the way he lulls a little sweetness into his agreeance. but for all the reasons she hates him, one sticks out on top. there is never just a give from fernando. it’s always give and take.

there is a difference; you always have a choice.

his smile falters as his face thins out into a wry line. he’s done playing with his food. now is a time to devour.

but you choose not to. because you want to be a victim. because you want to be the underdog who fights a big bad.

a roll of his eyes turns him on his heels. it brings him face to face with the earlier painting. a man in blue—silph blue—riding into battle. a warrior who fights despite those ushering that they have already won.

you’re here, yes, but where were you when we waged war against the invading megalopolans? not on the front lines. for i do not get to sit up top and stare down at others when i have to be the one to charge against a force that threats this region.

because the fight is never over.

where were you when team rocket invaded slateport and massacred it’s people? not on the front lines. for money does not buy an election that is dictated on serving in war.

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,715 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
I HATE YOU
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2022 14:28:07 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Arms crossed over her chest; the woman scoffed at his assertion. Again and again, the man eternally clad in business attire reduced her down to nothing but a howling underdog wanting to play Ms Victim. There was no room for mutually understanding with him -- he always had to be right, even when the opposite was painfully apparent.
[Break][break]
Silence befell the outspoken reporter as her eyes followed his back toward the painting. She scrunched her nose at the sight of memorable blue that draped over the commander's shoulders.
[Break][break]
"I was there," the words echoed back to him, cold and distant, far different than the burning passion that spat before it. "Just...during the aftermath. Setting up the shelters, the general clean up and process of rebuilding -- I was there through all of it." The memory of the rubble left behind caused a shiver to run down her back. The footage of red stained rubble still made her nostrils burn to this day. "You risked your life for this region -- no one will debate that -- but that doesn't rid yourself of all wrongdoings."
[Break][break]
She paused for a second, contemplating her words.
[Break][break]
"And, say what you will, but I wanted to be there on the front lines with everyone else. " The guilt of long forgotten yesterdays still hung over her chest, heavy and thick. "I still regret not doing so."
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,758 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
I HATE YOU
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2022 9:03:39 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

I HATE YOU

SO WHY DOES IT HURT?

“WRONGDOINGS?”

it’s his turn to scoff. to smile despite it all and break out in self contained laughter. for how can the savior of this region do any wrong? or, more accurately, where does he find the time to. everything he does is right. all of it is for hoenn’s betterment. whether they know it or not.

but she can say what she wants. they’re allowed to be wrong. as long as they stay in line.

then why weren’t you? how many chances will you need before that want becomes will?

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,715 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
I HATE YOU
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2022 22:46:44 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Arms hung limb at her sides, her hands were both rolled up into fists, squeezing tighter and tighter with each word he slung back, until her fingernails dug into her palms, nearly drawing blood.
[break][break]
She couldn't bare revealing the truth behind her cold exterior. Because, behind the shield of ice and frost, fear nipped at her insides, slowly swallowing her whole. When the news first hit the station -- that ultra beasts were attacking their region -- Penelope was hidden away in her cubicle, nearly at death's door from anxiety alone. Having never faced actual danger prior to that moment, she froze.
[break][break]
Finally, she relented, signaling her defeat with a swift turn of the cheek. The intensity of his gaze was far too heavy to withstand.
[break][break]
"I don't know."
[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,758 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
I HATE YOU
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2022 8:21:10 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

I HATE YOU

SO WHY DOES IT HURT?

“AND THAT’S WHY YOU WILL CONTINUE TO REGRET,” he speaks softly despite his victory. there will be a time to relish, yes, and when it comes it will be glorious. but seeing someone break because of their uselessness is pyrrhic at best. she represents many of hoenn’s people, in more ways than one.

and that is why you will take it out on those who do not.

he reaches for the very cheek she’s turned. an overreach, for sure, but a gesture that pushes her to look back at him. he needs to see the fire in her eyes. even if it’s non-existent.

or will you run from this too?

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,715 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
I HATE YOU
POSTED ON Oct 28, 2022 5:11:44 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

The softened words only served to further expose her internal dilemma, widening it between his skillful fingers, til bled out, red and raw, like the passion that previously fueled her words.
[break][break]

Penelope didn't know what felt worse: the metallic taste of defeat, or the realization that it was , the man she hated more than anyone else, who was wielding the other end of the blade propped up against her neck.
[break][break]

A gasp of air sucked in through her teeth as cold fingertips raked her turned cheek, pushing her to look back at him. Why? Wasn't he satisfied already? Hadn't she already admitted defeat?
[break][break]

It was only then, as her eyes lifted back up to reach his, did a light hit of warmth struck the ends of her cheeks.
[break][break]

"i-- Uh." words collected at her throat, unwilling to come out. What had gotten into her all of the sudden? "No," she breathed, finally, "I don't want to anymore."

[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,758 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
I HATE YOU
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2022 2:03:29 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

I HATE YOU

SO WHY DOES IT HURT?

“I WAS RIGHT,” he declares, wallowing in his own pity.

you’re nothing but a little girl. take away the safety of your pen and paper and what’s left?

up close, she can see the faint curl of his grin. it’s shallow, sardonic, and barely noticeable. but in that moment of acuity, he paints the perfect caricature of the villain she’s always wrote him out to be. cold and uncaring. cutthroat but not without purpose.

what fire she lacks, he holds front and center. the way his eyes burn show they are not longer expecting. it’s a demand.

where is the fight? where is your passion? where is your strength?

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,715 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
I HATE YOU
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2022 9:37:54 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

What a bastard.
[break][break]
Even after claiming his victory, all he wanted to do was gloat.
[break][break]
Her stomach twisted inside her, responding to the wave of self prescribe hatred she felt for falling to her knees in front of someone so callous. Every hint of tenderness that once leaked from her expression had already been reabsorbed and hardened back into the shell of armor she always wore. She pulled away, stepping back in a harsh jerky movement that only further painted a picture of the disgust she held inside for not only herself but him.
[break][break]

"Don't patronize me,"
She glowered back at him, her words acidic to the touch, "I have my regrets, but don't twist them into something they're not."
[break][break]

Regardless of how she felt about hiding from the war efforts, that didn't wash away the good in what she did do. The families she assisted through means of charities and aid, the outreach HBS allowed her to provide, and the efforts she took part in to restore the cities to how they were -- that all mattered, whether this man chooses to believe in it or not.
[break][break]

"Just because you don't approve of how I choose to fight my battles doesn't make it any less valid. Yes, maybe I could've been there-- I already admitted as much. But that doesn't mean I regret the work I did put forth."
[break][break]

She took a second just to stare back at him, eyes narrowed and lips pursed. The heat she felt inside continued to burn, infesting her cheeks and chest, and head, but she continued to assume it to be the frustration she felt. The hatred. The disdain.
[break][break]

"It must be so lonely sitting up on the top all by yourself. All because no one is good enough for you. Because no one can match your impossible standards of what it means to be 'good enough'. And thank Arceus for it! Because I can only imagine how hellish it'd be to stand even a second longer looking at you."
[break][break]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,758 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
I HATE YOU
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2022 21:13:53 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

I HATE YOU

SO WHY DOES IT HURT?

FERNANDO HOLDS STRONG. there is no weakness in the face of her outburst. in fact, he relishes in the sudden vigor. someone who hates the league should also hate him. whatever side of the board she decides to place herself on, it should be one that she embraces wholeheartedly.

for it is conviction that turns the malleable into the indestructible.

no one disapproves of trying to make hoenn a better place,” he responds with a contrasting composure. “it is the ungrateful entitlement that you wear while parading your hero complex that earns my disdain.

which cracks a smile upon his face.

imagine saying my standards are too high while also being the most prominent person saying the league does not do enough.

one that he catches and swallows down without second thought.

it must be nice to have both your cake and eat it.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,715 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
I HATE YOU
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2022 21:45:38 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

His unaffected level of composure only served to stirr the reporter further into the depths of her exasperation. To his calm and collected icy stance, Penelope had become a full blaze of fire, sputtering out heat between her every breath, looking to thaw him out completely.
[BReak][break]
"HA! Hero complex?? Did you not just hear me?" She barked out a short, bitter laugh. "I'm painfully aware that I could be doing more. But that's where we're different -- at least I'm willing to admit that. At least I'm willing to meet people half way."
[BReak][break]
Arceus, and now he was smiling. What a fucking bastard, she thought to herself, with a scowl smeared across her features.
[BReak][break]
"The fact that you think my standards for The League is anywhere near the absurd expectations you place on people is laughable."
[BReak][break]
"I just don't want my cities to burn down, Fernando. I don't want to have to hear threats 24/7, all coming from the same terrorist group you've failed to stop time and time again."
[BReak][break]
"I just want people to understand what the hell is going on in this god forsaken region! I don't think any of those are hard requests to meet meet."
[break][break]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,758 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
I HATE YOU
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2022 23:09:17 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

I HATE YOU

SO WHY DOES IT HURT?

“THEN WHY AREN’T YOU DOING MORE?”

a simple question that breaks down the complexity of real life. there are millions of reasons, each one valid and succinct. but for each viable answer is an equal question. what is stopping you? the barebones, systematic way fernando holds his world view is what allows him to face impossibilities with impunity. it’s why his expectations are just as lofty as his namesake.

he clear his throat and turns away from her. the spark has been ignited and she no longer needs him to fuel her fuming. it will burn and it will burn brightly. at least until she sizzles out from her own exhaustion.

the league is fear mongering with these constant threats,” he starts.

the league is not being transparent enough. they’re hiding what is actually happening.

the league is not doing enough to stop team rocket. they’re too soft.

the league is too heavy handed. this behavior is deplorable. they’re doing the same thing they’re suppose to prevent.

talk is easy,” he wraps up. “doing is hard. real life isn't as easy as moving the goal post when you have no hand in it.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,715 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
I HATE YOU
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2022 10:55:57 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Fernando's voice had become a scratched record player, repeating the same words in different ways, over and over, with the only real difference being the mark it left behind.
[break][break]

Why isn't she doing more, he asked her.
[break][break]

What more is there to do, she wanted to scream back.
[break][break]

The answers felt so simple -- so achievable, and yet, she knew better than to grasp at them. The world isn't black or white. Despite one's best efforts to deny it, there will always be limitations hampering growth. There are hurdles impossible for the average man to overcome. And despite the toxic sludge this man was trying to spew, Penelope Livy knew wiser than to swallow it down.
[break][break]

"Fine. Since you have all the answers: tell me, Fernando, what the fuck should I do?"
[break][break]

A hoarse voice bellowed out from the back of her throat. This conversation had extended further than she had expected, and now, after being blown out and then torched back up again, a flickering flame growing into a wildfire, Penelope had completely lost her sense of decency. Of restraint.
[break][break]

"To join under someone like you and be discarded like a fucking pawn?"
[break][break]

With one step, the space she had created between them evaporated, as she pushed up toward the man, glowering at him with eyes that could pierce through steel.
[break][break]

"Remind me, when will I earn the privilege of having my own opinion? How many battles do I have to survive through for you consider my opinion worthwhile."
[break][break]

Now face to face, she resisted every urge to yank at his tie and forcibly pull him down for what she would assume to be the first time of his life. Instead, she only craned her head upward, inching closer until his space became hers, and there no evading the heat of her words.
[break][break]

"You know what? Nevermind. Because, arceus, I bet even if I became champion of this whole fucking region, you wouldn't give a shit about what I had to say, or anyone else for that matter."
[break][break]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,758 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
I HATE YOU
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2023 6:56:37 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

I HATE YOU

SO WHY DOES IT HURT?

THE ONLY ISSUE WITH SPURRING FLAMES is the possibility of burn out. when the fire spreads too far and too quickly for there to be any measure of containment. a passion that becomes too heated to be anything more then destructive.

no wonder you find it so easy to criticize them.

he doesn’t bat an eye at her proximity. all that emotion hits a wall that stands behind principle and ego. a silent testament of his own belief. an intentional aggravation come full circle.

the men and women who risk their lives every day to ensure hoenn does not burn to the ground are not pawns.

beady eyes downcast his own scorn. quiet but forward. daunting in the way his height overshadows.

the rangers, the servicemen, and everyone else who makes the sacrifice they shouldn’t have to— are more than just pawns. they are the region’s best and the crux of why your criticism without sacrifices has no place here.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights