1,861 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
Stranger than Fiction (Mission/Izumi)
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2022 1:45:36 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
The reading he had received from his nodes had been off the charts for the brief moment that it had been active. Amor's technology wasn't faulty after all he had been the one to build it, so when he arrived, and saw that nothing seemed amiss he was dumbfounded. Josh had been his first choice to come with him to check this out because why wouldn't he ask his best friend to come with him to a potentially life threatening event. Looking around he tapped the Holowatch on his wrist to display the gridlike map that mapped out all the nodes he placed in Mount Chimney. The first node that had activated wasn't that far from him, and his companion. Adontis was on his shoulder, since it was his favorite spot to perch as Amor looked at the map on his wrist.

A dark haired woman was near him she was someone that he didn't know as well as Josh, but he probably should have considering how long he had known her husband. She was always rather elusive so he figured that she didn't really like him. However she had volunteered to accompany him on his survey mission since Josh wasn't available.

"I appreciate you coming with me all the way here, but you really didn't have to. I feel bad about having you neglect your parental duties just to come on a field trip with me." He spoke in a formal way to the woman as they weren't as familiar with each other yet. Teal colored eyes swept across her face as he spoke. "It's probably nothing major, might have just been some tectonic activity honestly. Or a slight malfunction of one of my nodes." he laughed easily as he spoke stopping so that he didn't get to far ahead of her.

The only thing on his mind was making sure that she was able to get home to her kids in a perfectly healthy state. He wouldn't be able to look Josh in the eyes if she got hurt, and honestly he was second guessing accepting her help to accompany him into this incredibly volatile landscape. It hadn't been so long ago that he helped quell Groudon here, and witnessed things that didn't make sense in the slightest, but that just seemed typical of Hoenn. Strange things happened all the time here, like a pokemon from legend showing up in his garden to give him a doomsday prophecy.

"What a place...." He murmured to himself.

close tab

played by

Ven

Zuzu (Josh only)
she / her / hers
thirty
april 17
Lavaridge, Hoenn
joshsexual
not-so-housewife
senior ranger
always look ahead, but never forget what you left behind.
awards
411 posts
part of
TAG WITH @izumi
Izumi Yamamura
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2022 22:28:48 GMT
Izumi Yamamura Avatar

Seeing as was busy with the company—well, being the CEO of a corporation that was looking to cement its place in Hoenn was no mean feat—she was free to poke around.

(As long as it was within Lavaridge, then that would be fine.)

“Look, I know you were running a little late when the wedding happened,” she began in greeting (she was unable to stop herself from laughing) “…I still can’t believe that he would agree for a Pokémon to be his best man of all things,” she continued with this grin on her face.

“At least you made the reception, that’s what’s important,” she hummed a few moments afterward as she stretched her arms overhead before looking around.

She knew enough about what had happened previously around Mount Chimney—how they had to temporarily vacate Lavaridge just because the damned volcano decided to throw a bitch fit and be unpredictable because who knew it was still fucking active and not dormant?!

“Well, much as I know is that you were both out here, and night became day or something, right?” she recounted. “It was kind of crazy, the way J told me about what happened out here. ‘sit true, though? You saw a legendary Pokémon during the expedition?”

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
"I can't take the pressure....I'm gone beyond repair...."
awards
1,861 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2022 15:06:25 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
At her conclusion of the events that had transpired while Josh, and himself had been fighting Groudon, he chuckled a little bit as he stopped to survey the volcano for a moment. Shades of the past flitted before his eyes as he remembered what had transpired so long ago. Or was it that long ago? His sense of time had been off ever since he had arrived back in this place after his stint training in the mountains like a hermit.

"I don't know how many Josh saw, but I saw two of them myself." He expressed to her, and he frowned as he remembered how powerless he had felt. "I've stumbled across a few legendaries in my time in Hoenn. Far more than I ever would have thought possible." Each one distinct, and powerful in it's own right, and he had one of his own now, though he definitely preferred to not let on that he had it to many. Though whereever Adontis went, Stryker wasn't far behind. "It was a massive cluster with so many people uncoordinated, and working towards a singular. While that may usually be a good idea, I've witnessed how awful it is first hand. I've thought of perhaps strong arming Josh into making ear pieces for the league since when first responders show up they lack any sort of way to communicate with each other." It was a massive flaw in their tactics. "Or maybe we'll just keep them for ourselves in case we need them." He laughed a little as he looked down at the readings, and his Holowatch lit up.

"Jarvis give me some good news." He spoke to the Porygon Z on the other side of the line.

"Ah Master Amor, bzzzttt, yes! You are close to the site of the disturbance another three hundred yards, and you will be directly, zzztttt, on top of it." Came the artificial sounding voice from the other side.

"Perfect, thank you Jarvis, and keep an eye on the readings in case there is a sudden spike. I have a guest with me, and would not have them in danger." He said as he turned back to Izumi. "It would appear the first leg of our journey is close to being over with. Whatever caused the surge is up ahead." He said as he continued to walk ahead. "Have you ever seen a legendary pokemon before?" He'd ask the woman curiously.
close tab

played by

Ven

Zuzu (Josh only)
she / her / hers
thirty
april 17
Lavaridge, Hoenn
joshsexual
not-so-housewife
senior ranger
awards
411 posts
part of
TAG WITH @izumi
Izumi Yamamura
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2022 17:35:28 GMT
Izumi Yamamura Avatar

Two?

She blinked before giving the other man a surprised look.

“Two? How even—I at least can tell one of them was the big red one J described to me after he got back… he looked like he got a massive sunburn or something, though…” she mused.

“As for myself? Not that I remember,” she remarked with a frown. “Is that something important I should take note of?”

She’d already reached into her pocket and pulled out a particular shrunken-down marble, ready to pop out her Braviary just in case they needed another pair of eyes in the sky.

“As for the ear pieces? Well… I can ask him if he could slip in that request. At least you two can coordinate faster should you find yourselves out in something like this again.”

While she couldn’t tell from the general air around the place, she had a feeling that there might be something else waiting to be found by them…

Call it women’s intuition.

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,861 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2022 17:58:26 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
He smiled at Izumi, and then he cast his eyes up ahead, so Josh hadn't seen the Regi pokemon that he had. Regidrago had been present, and then both it, and Groudon had vanished from sight along with the distorted past of the sky.

"It's possible he didn't see it, it was probably for the better as it had soon gone on a rampage attempting to annihilate Groudon." he frowned as he remembered the events of that night/day. "I was pretty burnt to a crisp myself." he chuckled as he looked down at his arms remembering the burns that had covered him because he had literally flown to close to the sun. Just like Icarus, but his wings weren't made of wax. "There were a lot of strange things that happened there that day. I saw prehistoric pokemon appear out of thin air, the ancient sky of Hoenn appear out of nowhere, and then close. I heard...." He stopped as he remembered that roar he had heard.

He had no idea what it was, but he knew what he hoped it was, and how that roar stitched the broken sky, or seemingly had.

"I heard something strange as well, but I'm not sure what it was." Shaking his head he knew that it was wishful thinking as he continued to walk with her, and he rambled on. It was nice to have someone to ramble to aside from Walter. "Then I had Azelf appear to me in my garden, and give me a literal doomsday prophecy....I am sure others were warned as well it would only make sense." Rubbing his temples as he remembered it all he wondered just how far everything would go. "Then I find out the league is planning on sending the Meteor coming for us to another dimension....What actual drivel." He spat the words out.

To push their problems on another world, he had no respect for those who would do that.

"Ah sorry, I ranted a little there." He would say a bit sheepishly as they finally came to the spot of the surge of primal energy. Looking it over there didn't seem to be anything in the immediate area that was dangerous. "It's just a lot to deal with, one problem after another with no breaks. And for as much as I would like to help, I have no idea how to, but perhaps we can find an answer here in this place." He would say as Jarvis fed him the readings from his nodes directly to his Holowatch.

Something was definitely off here, for a surge to appear, and disappear so quickly that meant there had to be a catalyst of some sort. Could they replicate the surge? That was something he was curious on as well, after all he had witnessed what the effects of Primal Energy were first hand. Would it be possible for them to replicate it somehow? A plan began to form in his mind.

close tab

played by

Ven

Zuzu (Josh only)
she / her / hers
thirty
april 17
Lavaridge, Hoenn
joshsexual
not-so-housewife
senior ranger
awards
411 posts
part of
TAG WITH @izumi
Izumi Yamamura
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2022 15:45:17 GMT
Izumi Yamamura Avatar

To find out from someone else about the… so-called doomsday shenanigans, it was… it was chaos, if she was being honest.

“They’re going to do what?” she blinked, confused. And then, exactly 0.5 seconds later, she cracked a joke.

“Are you sure you didn’t summon that meteor or something?” she ribbed, nudging him in the side before breaking out into a fit of the giggles. “Do I gotta call my husband in case you two have a sword fight, or something?”

All in good fun!

The moment he’d started talking about strange and fantastical things, though, it proved to be rather difficult to believe.

“Do—did anyone manage to get video? I mean, asides from that dumb, wack-ass selfie someone took with what I think is the big red thing in the background…” she asked the other, crossing her arms over her chest as she tried to puzzle out what exactly had taken place where they currently stood.

As for his idea…

“What do you have in mind?”

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,861 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2022 15:33:20 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
He listened to her joke, and he just chuckled, a little bit. If he ever gained the ability to summon a meteor he can't say he wouldn't use it for such a purpose than the destruction of an entire region. In fact it was hard to tell what he would use his powers for should he ever gain something like that. But in the end it was just fantastical scenario that he doubted would ever happen to him. Though he did find that those he had found out to be avatars were distasteful to say the least. There was only one man with that power that he respected, and now that he had gone, the rest were simply unworthy to wield that power. Maybe after the prophecy Azelf had given him was taken care of, he would seek them out for questioning.

"Ah no, I've no interest in getting into a kerfuffle with Josh. I'd have to lose so he could look like a hero to the little ones. Speaking of being a Hero." He'd chuckle a little bit. "Is he still making those movies? I remember watching them, and they were quite entertaining, or has he settled fully into the company, and husband life?" He'd ask her genuinely curious before she asked him what he had in mind. Amor still didn't quite grasp how all the energies of this region worked, but he knew that Primal Energy in particular was volatile, and that it reacted whenever you hit it enough with a move from a Mega Evolved Pokemon.

The question was if there was a way for them to have an activation in this place, he had no idea, but there was a chance. So he looked up at Zumi.

"Do you possess the ability to Mega Evolve your pokemon?" Would this work? Of course they could only try. "If you do, I've learned from experience how volatile Primal Energy is, and it seems to have a reaction to Mega Energy from Mega Pokemon. This area is saturated with Primal Energy albeit low quantities of it at the moment. But we might be able to force a reaction if we have two strong enough pokemon that can Mega Evolve. If we have them clash two attacks over this spot where the source of the surge is, we might be able to learn something new." He'd express to her hoping that she would go along with it. "Though I can't say with one hundred percent certainty what exactly will happen, but if I'm being honest the Leagues plans for this region suck. I don't like having no say in my fate." He'd say simply to her.

close tab

played by

Ven

Zuzu (Josh only)
she / her / hers
thirty
april 17
Lavaridge, Hoenn
joshsexual
not-so-housewife
senior ranger
awards
411 posts
part of
TAG WITH @izumi
Izumi Yamamura
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2022 5:08:19 GMT
Izumi Yamamura Avatar

“Well, it’s been quiet on the movies front, but I’ll let him know you enjoyed that movie he made,” she continued with a grin on her face.

“As of now though he’s been busy with the tech division of the company because my mother-in-law is preparing for her eventual retirement and his succession as owner of the entire danged thing.”

At the mention of him asking if she knew anything about Mega Evolution, she cracked a smirk.

“Of course I do. Always have, always will be. Why, do you need me to mega-evolve my Gardevoir right now? she asked the other, reaching into her pocket and thumbing one particular shrunken-down marble just in case he did ask for her to get ready right now.

She could only sigh at his words about the fate of the entire region.

“It’s nuts. We’ve had to not tell the kids about it. Don’t want to scare the hell out of them, you know. Especially if they have hyperactive imaginations and all that shit.”

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights