5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
afternap [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2022 21:07:12 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

He’d lost track of the entire day—

Needless to say, he didn’t get much done today due to locking himself up in his room.

Well, at least the staff knew that there was going to be one day where they wouldn’t be able to contact him at all, which therefore meant that either Ethan or Claire was in charge for the day he didn’t come out of the flat.

Yawning, he rubbed his eyes as the brain fog still hung around him—

Wait. He wasn’t alone in the—

“Me…mo?” he yawned again, blinking a few times as his brain took its sweet damned-ass time booting up.

takes place the same day as ‘leave the light on’, basically: the aftermath

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
it gets lonely in this gangster's paradise
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
afternap [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2022 22:09:34 GMT
Guillermo Marceliño Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

He’d dreamt of Alexei-- soft dreams interspersed with stressful ones. Sleeping in too long, late to a nonexistent job. Waking up alone. Not being able to remember what happened before he fell asleep; waking up in a strange bedroom with nothing more than a feeling of lingering shame.

Before it could really turn scary, he was startled awake by a gentle jostle and the sleepy murmur of his name. The dark room came into focus slowly, as did the lingering press of the weight at his back. “Mmmm?” he hummed, stuck somewhere between asleep and scared awake. He inhaled and sat up straight, clutching at the sheet that he had, somehow, wrestled away from the blankets bunded at the bottom of the bed.

“Holy shit,” he whispered, taking stock of the situation. Fully clothed. Feeling… normal.

“We just slept,” he said, sighing. “We just slept.” He fell back against the pillow.

“H-hi,” he said, shaky smile coming to his face.

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
afternap [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2022 22:33:12 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Are…are you a-alright?” he yawned, blinking as he saw the other shape he’d shared a good ol’ lazy day with shoot up, grab at the sheets (at least that’s what it looked to him) before slumping down backwards with a weak laugh.

“Is… is something th’ matt’r…?” followed soon afterward.

Why was he getting the feeling that the other was—

“Are…are you okay?”

There he was again, being too nice for his own good.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
afternap [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2022 22:57:38 GMT
[attr="class","samcam"]

“Yeah, I’m fine,” Memo said, exhaling a steady breath as he woke up more and more. He scrubbed at his eyes with the heels of his hands. “What about you? You okay?”

It must’ve been late in the afternoon, bordering on early evening. Had they really spent the entire day sleeping?

He let his head fall to the side to look at Alexei, watching him slowly wake up.

“You feeling okay?”

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
afternap [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2022 0:07:19 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“I didn’t… have any nightmares,” he replied quietly.

And he didn’t realize that his face had caught fire again. Skipping the ears entirely, and just going straight for the fucking cheeks this time around. He couldn’t see it, though.

“Th-thank you,” he continued, looking down again at the mattress. “For…for being there… just, you—you know, your presence alone… was more than enough to… to ground me. Keep me…sane.”

Was there something peeking out of the cracks on his ‘flawless façade’?

Maybe there were.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
afternap [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2022 0:15:08 GMT
[attr="class","samcam"]

“Good!” Memo said. He’d forgotten for a moment that that’d been the goal for the evening. He was smiling dopily at Alexei, watching the red spread from the tips of his ears to the apples of his cheeks and even a little bit down his neck. Dimly, he wondered if he turned red everywhere.

“Yeah, yeah,” Memo waved a hand, dismissing Alexei’s praise. “You did most of the work. You’re stronger than you think, you know.”

He stretched, groaning in satisfaction as his shoulders and spine shifted and cracked.

“Ah. Do you want breakfast? Er, dinner, I guess?” His arms flopped to the bed.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
afternap [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2022 0:30:01 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

He was terrified, though.

He was deeply, and honestly afraid—what if the other just… out and left?

Like all the rest… leaving him alone in the pouring rain, a flightless avian powerless against the might of a storm out to get him and drown him in the endless ocean of fucking tears that awaited him when he came crashing down from the high.

“I only… look strong. I feel so… powerless against those nightmares. Like. Like it’s eating me alive. Just on this one day… afterwards it’s… it’s gone, like nothing ever happened,” he muttered softly as he faced the other again, who right then and there offered to make food for the both of them.

(Thank hell the kitchen was well-stocked.)

Taking a look at his phone, he cracked a thin smile.

“D-dinner, actually…” he continued from out of nowhere. “Dinner time, now. We literally… slept in… the whole day,” he added with a soft chuckle.

“I’m… I’m sorry if I kept you from… from your work today.”

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
afternap [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2022 1:03:35 GMT
[attr="class","samcam"]

“Hey,” without thinking, Memo leaned over and reached out to touch Alexei’s cheek, brushing his fingers over the reddening blush. “You made it through. You are strong.” He was really tempted to kiss him-- a real, proper kiss this time, one that couldn’t be confused as one-- but he was still worried about being seen as taking advantage of Alex in his vulnerable moments. “If you make it through, you make it through. Can’t really argue with that.”

He dropped his hand and kicked his feet off the bed. “Nothing wrong with a little sleeping in. What are you in the mood for?”

At the mention of work, Memo laughed. “Hah!” He scrubbed a hand through his hair. “Work. That’s a funny one. No, love. There’s nowhere else I’d rather be.”

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
afternap [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2022 2:58:44 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

The blush was like a natural, instinctive reaction at this point.

He couldn’t control the blush at all, there was nothing else to it.

“I only made it through because you were there…” he muttered, the red coating his face in a healthy, ruddy red color.

I enjoyed having a human-sized plush to cuddle, if I’m being honest with myself… he thought to himself before the other brought up the mention of food.

Food?

Right then and there his own stomach rumbled… oops!

“Surprise me,” he continued, unable to fight off the blush on his face as he was…

Oh, shit.

He was falling.

Falling, falling, fallingtoo fast, too soon—

“Are… are you sure you don’t need to…to work?”

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
afternap [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2022 18:23:54 GMT
[attr="class","samcam"]

They could go back and forth like that for hours-- Memo insisting Alexei’d made it through on his own power, with Alex insisting he’d only made it through because of Memo. So he stood up and stretched again, just as Alex’s stomach signaled that it was, in fact, hungry.

“Tacos it is, then,” Memo said when prompted to surprise Alex with a meal. “Whenever I don’t know what to make, I make tacos.”

He started heading for the door, feeling light as air, happier than he had in ages. Alexei’s question caught him off guard.

“I mean, eventually, I have to get back to my patrol,”
he said, leaning back against the door and crossing his arms. “But my ringer’s on and if they need help from little old me they can call me, beep me, if they wanna reach me.” He snickered. “Let me at least make you something to eat and then if you want to get rid of me, you can, okay?”

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
afternap [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2022 20:50:27 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Why—why would I send you away?!”

And then, he froze.

Just what—his mouth ran faster than his brain did sometimes, but only now did it reach an unprecedented level of… holy fucking shit, Alexei!

He then internally screamed as he stammered himself into silence, the blush intensifying the more he hyperfocused on what had happened just now.

“Uh…” he managed to stammer out, blinking several times and trying to will his fucking ass to calm down (yet ultimately failing) before falling silent again.

“…watch out for the Pokémon when you step into the living room, okay?”

Lame, Alexei. Fucking lame!

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
afternap [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2022 0:08:14 GMT
[attr="class","samcam"]

Memo tilted his head, looking inquiringly at Alexei. He’d thought-- wrongly, apparently-- that after an emotionally charged night and the subsequent cuddle fallout that Alex might want his space. A tantalizing thought pinged in his brain and he got a thrill of excitement that Alexei-- that any human, honestly, but mostly because it was Alex-- wanted to spend time with him. More time.

He wanted, with the kind of bone-deep, stomach-clenching want that it takes physical effort to restrain, to crawl back into the bed and throw himself across Alex and snuggle into him and kiss him and probably order Doordash and--

--and then he was dismissed.

“I will,” he said, smile quirking across his face, as he unclicked the lock and pushed the door open, heading out into the flat proper.

He did have to step gently over a few Wooloo in the throws of an afternoon nap, but he found the kitchen easily and set about gathering everything he needed: ground beef, an onion, a tomato, various spices, tortillas, and he even found two ripe avocados at the back of the top of the pantry (he had to pull a chair over to climb up and find it).

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
afternap [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2022 16:58:06 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

While Memo had gone out of the room to prepare tacos—he hoped that the other would be able to find his avocados, pesky little fruit that they were—he was inside the bedroom, caught somewhere between a croak-scream and an actual scream because…

What in the fuck just happened!

The door was slightly open, but thankfully no Pokémon came into the bedroom.

He then took the momentary peace to grab another pillow and hide his face in it, screaming for all of five seconds before feeling his face catch fire.

Like it was the most natural thing in the world.

How… how in the fuck was he going to tell the other he was in more than deep like, but…

Ah, fuck!

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
afternap [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2022 19:10:05 GMT
[attr="class","samcam"]

While Alex is having his little feelings meltdown in the bedroom (secretly), Memo is having one of his own. In the kitchen. Which is where, he is realizing, he always ends up when he has too many emotions. In the kitchen. Cooking seems to be becoming his natural reaction to having too many things on his mind. It is better than running or lifting because he can’t just shut his mind off-- not while he’s chopping onions, measuring spices, and hunting down vinegar to do a quick pickle because he’s decided to make a slaw for the hell of it.

What does one do when they realize they’re falling helplessly in love with another? Someone who doesn’t quite seem to be getting the message? Someone who, for all their wonders, clearly has some baggage? It’s okay, he doesn’t mind baggage. He doesn’t, really. He just-- they just spent the night together, damn it, and Alex is still stuck in this-- this weird, ‘you’re so nice' phase.

He makes himself exhale as he stirs the browning mince and adds a can of crushed tomatoes-- on accident, he realizes, but he’ll just roll with it. Sloppy tacos. A new invention. Gourmet.

It’s fine. It’s all fine. Alex could’ve woken up and kicked him out, or something. It’s fine. He can be patient. He has to be.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
afternap [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2022 15:03:07 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Of course, while someone was having their emotional meltdown in the kitchen (and making them glorious dinner in the process) Alexei was having the continuation of his meltdown in the bedroom, thank you very much.

…it’s not until sometime later did he realize that the pillow he’d grabbed was the one Memo had used while they slept the entire afternoon away.

Cue more silent croak screaming from the bedroom because damn, the blush wasn’t going to ever go away from his face now. Not now, not ever. Because he’d gone and done it now.

Just how deep was he going to go?!

He’d very nearly flung the pillow back across the bed but decided to hide his face in his hands for all of 0.5 seconds, trying to fight down another croak scream that was building up in the back of his throat before willing himself to calm down and take deep breaths.

Him, calm down…?

It didn’t take too long for the delicious smell of something… to make him hop out of bed and peek through the door.

“That smells fantastic,” he remarked as nonchalantly as possible, never mind that his face was on fire as always. What was it with his face heating up whenever Memo was around?!