part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
MARTÍNDELMAR
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2022 23:27:18 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

MARTÍNDELMAR

AN UNOWN REPORT ENTRY

THE SMELL OF LILYCOVE’S SEA waft throughout the city in a way only hoenn knows. even slateport has its own aroma. but there’s a distinct differenence between the two cities that fernando cannot articulate into words.

his nose crinkles as he enters LEAGUE HEADQUARTERS. his intention today is still work but deviates from a licensed agenda. the request to chat with is a casual one and far from an actual investigation. just a chance to sit down and have a face-to-face while fernando flexes a small window in his calendar.

league headquarters is just a coincidental meeting place. the convenience of being here means he can transition to more league business afterwards.

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
MARTÍNDELMAR
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2022 21:23:57 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

It would have been suspicious to deny the request.
[break][break]
After all, there is no reason why a businessman like would be against meeting with one of Hoenn’s councilmen. Unless he’s up to no good, that is. Which he is, but he sure isn’t stupid enough to make it as obvious as this.
[break][break]
A time and a place is arranged to suit both their schedules, and when said time comes, he arrives at the League’s Lilycove Headquarters by private Corviknight transport. He too intends to get back to work after this, and such being the case, he’s dressed appropriately. However, the location most definitely doesn’t make it seem as if it will be a ‘chat’ as casual as what had implied, even if Mars is also well aware of his own over abundance of caution – especially when it comes to situations like this one.
[break][break]
He’s not one to easily lower his guard, and yet it’s with a calm and even nonchalant smile that he greets the councilman when standing before him, extending a hand.
[break][break]
”Councilman Silph. It’s good to see you.” They had introduced themselves to each other in a more casual manner back during Christmastime, but this seems more appropriate. At least for now. ”I have to say, I was surprised to hear you’d like to meet, and people don’t surprise me very often.”
[break][break]
Curious and unwilling to waste time, Mars would love to ask what the meeting is about. Still, he leaves that in Fernando’s hands.

[break][break]
[attr="class","textwttag"]

[attr="class","textwtnotes"]

notes

[break]
Setting - Early June, Pre-DOTDD[break]
Mission - Putting On A Front ♡

[attr="class","textwtpokes"]

[newclass=.textwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt b] color: #60a697; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #60a697; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #60a697!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #60a697; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtw] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #60a697; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
MARTÍNDELMAR
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2022 23:55:12 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

MARTÍNDELMAR

AN UNOWN REPORT ENTRY

“MISTER DEL MAR.”

there is a casual warmth in the way fernando acknowledges mars’ arrival. it seems friendly, familiar, and not too out of place considering their last meet up. those within the headquarters will see nothing out of place or off measure.

to the public at large, fernando can be quite pleasant, if not intimidating from afar. only those who work with him, or those that somehow are gauged across his own standards, know the steel that grinds underneath his skin.

hands are shaken and fernando leads him to one of the main lobbies. it’s a room where many employees will meet up. often with cafeteria trays to eat their lunch or kill time.

fernando guides them to an empty table.

i appreciate you taking the time out of your day to meet. i know how hard it can be to find an hour of time during business hours,” he polishes off with a small chuckle.

but i figure it would be easier to talk in person.

he puts his burner phone on the table. the UNOWN REPORT is already open. the list of words starts alphabetically. his name is cut off by the resolution of the phone’s screen.

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
MARTÍNDELMAR
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2022 22:10:46 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

”Ah, if there’s anyone who can understand it, I’m sure that’s you.” There’s a light laugh that rises for a couple of seconds, fading into the same smile worn before. It’s as if he were speaking to an old friend and not someone he barely knows, but that’s usually how things like these go. The ways in which so many businessmen and politicians navigate the world.
[break][break]
Once they’re sitting at the table, the reason why wanted to have this meeting in person becomes clear, and for a second, when looking down at the phone placed before him, something hard to read overtakes Mars’ expression – a glimpse through the perfect poker face usually worn by Piazza Oro Grande Bank’s CEO. The entries are there just as he knows them, photographic copies of them existing burned into his psyche ever since his return from the realm within the Tree of Life, and even though the screen only reveals a few of them, he can see the whole Unown Report at that very moment. Over one hundred entries.
[break][break]
”Hmm… I see.” Why does Fernando want to discuss the Unown Report with him? Two possibilities come to mind: either he has information he wishes to share or he’s suspicious and would like to learn about Mars’ own involvement with the mysterious app, just as had. Had Kyle told him anything?
[break][break]
Despite his own suspicions, Mars is still calm, and his gaze meets that of the councilman when he speaks:
[break][break]
”It’s no wonder you wanted to have this meeting in person… I’m honestly relieved, it’s good to know that someone else has noticed its significance.” There’s a sigh, and in his words there’s no lie: Mars’ concern over the Unown Report is as real as can be, and as much as he may distrust someone like Fernando, he does know him to be as capable as he is powerful. ”Is the League looking into it or is this more of a personal thing?”
[break][break]
It’s important to know. Regardless, it’s safe to assume anything he shares with Fernando is information that will get back to the League. Better safe than sorry.

[break][break]

notes

[break]

[newclass=.textwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt b] color: #60a697; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #60a697; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #60a697!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #60a697; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #60a697; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
MARTÍNDELMAR
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2022 13:52:30 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

MARTÍNDELMAR

AN UNOWN REPORT ENTRY

“BOTH,” is the obvious and honest answer. “the association with the unown and their presence has been a concern for the league since the STAR SOIREE. an attack on lilycove’s museum and several field operations have made it into a league issue.

he leans back into his chair.

and a threat to hoenn and it’s people have made it my issue.

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
MARTÍNDELMAR
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2022 15:04:56 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

They have similar concerns and perhaps even similar suspicions. In a perfect world, they would be able to collaborate without issue. They would be able to share everything they know with each other, be fully transparent, and then work together towards getting to the bottom of this.
[break][break]
The problem is that Hoenn is far from perfect, and that in this imperfect world, there’s now way he can trust a councilman like .
[break][break]
Still, there are things he has no apprehension in sharing.
[break][break]
”I heard a few things about the museum from a friend of mine who was there. What a sordid affair.” He sighs, remembering the night he ran into at Petalburg Woods. Granted, the postman had mostly told him about Uxie’s appearance, but the vague news on the matter painted enough of a picture.
[break][break]
”You know the League has my full collaboration, Fernando. I’ll answer whatever questions you may have, but I’m afraid to say you may find my answers to be dissatisfactory.” Not ’Silph’ this time. Mars his counterpart’s gaze as they speak, and while “full collaboration” is admittedly both a smoothly spoken lie and huge stretch, it all comes easily.
[break][break]
He could justify himself, explain his interest in the report, and admit that he only has speculations as to why his name became an entry, but for now, he chooses to let Fernando lead the conversation. He's the one who had called for this meeting, after all.

[break][break]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
MARTÍNDELMAR
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2022 17:53:36 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

MARTÍNDELMAR

AN UNOWN REPORT ENTRY

“MHM.” a guttural hum of agreement strums from the councilman in acceptance of their collaboration. “and that’s perfectly fine, del mar. i appreciate you meeting me at the table, so to speak.

which leads to the biggest question they both have: “any idea why your name is on the report? you and seem to be the only two mentioned.

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
MARTÍNDELMAR
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2022 18:12:39 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

[break][break]
The mention of the Rocket Beast’s name is as expected as it is inevitable, and when it’s spoken, Mars knows he’ll have to carefully walk the line between protecting someone who he has come to consider a friend and who is one of Rocket’s great assets, and satisfying ’s curiosity.
[break][break]
The answer comes easily:
[break][break]
”Hm… I met in the contest scene, so I have to admit I was also surprised when seeing it was his name and mine that appeared in the report.” That much is true and it’s public information Fernando could easily find if he wanted to, especially considering that had also taken part in those contests. ”My best guess is that it has to do with how many Unown we each have scanned. I hear Malcolm is somewhat of a collector, and I own most forms of Unown.”
[break][break]
He has scanned much more than just the Unown he owns, of course, but there’s no point in sharing those details with someone he doesn’t trust – they’re only likely to increase suspicions.

[break][break]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
MARTÍNDELMAR
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2022 3:08:14 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

MARTÍNDELMAR

AN UNOWN REPORT ENTRY

“AH,” seems to be an acceptance of his answer. and, on paper, it’s perfectly plausible.

have you made any contribution to this report?” is his follow up question. it’s immediately follow with another, before he can even answer.

and, if so, how many?

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
MARTÍNDELMAR
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2022 4:16:13 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

”I have, yes.” The question is expected, and when it comes, the answer appears instantly in Mars’ mind: every single entry that had been added thanks to his scan of an Unown up until this lovely early June day, image after image, all of them perfectly remembered and in the order they had appeared in the Unown Report:
[break][break]

NIGHTMARE [break][break]
LIMITATION [break][break]
PERIGEE [break][break]
CENTRIPETAL [break][break]
WAVELENGTH [break][break]
WYRDEER [break][break]
OBLIQUITY [break][break]
EXOBIOLOGY [break][break]
UNDAE [break][break]
GRAVISTAR [break][break]
SCALAR [break][break]
YEAR [break][break]
INERTIA [break][break]
REGOLITH [break][break]
XEROGRAPHY [break][break]
MAGNETOPAUSE [break][break]
ADRIANMALCOLM [break][break]
SARSEN [break][break]
YELLOW [break][break]
*A̶͆͊B̴̖͐E̷̅̐R̶̽͠R̶̂̒A̴̅̚T̴̔̅I̸͗̍Ȯ̶͌N̶̬͌ [break][break]
DEATH [break][break]
ANISTAR [break][break]
LUNALA [break][break]
NECROZMA [break][break]
ZODIAC [break][break]
ETERNATUS [break][break]
KRUSKAL [break][break]
TIDE [break][break]
IMPACT

[break]
There’s twenty nine of them so far, but not all of them are Unown he himself owns. Is this the answer he wants to give , though? How aware does he want the League to be of his activities? Their Champion had seen most of his Unown recently, but given the request for secrecy, Mars has his doubts about actually sharing anything of what had happened back then.
[break][break]

NIGHTMARE [break][break]
PERIGEE [break][break]
CENTRIPETAL [break][break]
WAVELENGTH [break][break]
WYRDEER [break][break]
OBLIQUITY [break][break]
EXOBIOLOGY [break][break]
UNDAE [break][break]
GRAVISTAR [break][break]
REGOLITH [break][break]
XEROGRAPHY [break][break]
MAGNETOPAUSE [break][break]
ADRIANMALCOLM [break][break]
SARSEN [break][break]
YELLOW [break][break]
DEATH [break][break]
ANISTAR [break][break]
ETERNATUS [break][break]
KRUSKAL [break][break]
TIDE [break][break]
IMPACT

[break]
All these images flashing in his mind are starting to give him a mild headache, and this shows itself only in the ever so slight way in which the banker frowns. But of course, this and the short pause before speaking his answer could easily just be taken as him giving the question the careful consideration that is to be expected when speaking to a councilman.
[break][break]
”Hm... I have twenty one Unown in my possession. All of those have been scanned to the Unown Report.” He admits, ever so nonchalantly. He even shrugs, since most people that know him are well aware of his interest in Unown. ”I was curious about what kind of entries they’d add, and I wanted to see if we’d get some answers out of it. One of them happened to be ’s name, actually.”
[break][break]
Casual curiosity, nothing more.
[break][break]
He does not speak of the other Unown he has scanned: those belonging to others, those belonging to supposed enemies, and those he encountered in other worlds. He doesn’t trust Fernando enough for that.

[break][break]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
MARTÍNDELMAR
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2022 5:05:48 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

MARTÍNDELMAR

AN UNOWN REPORT ENTRY

“IMPRESSIVE,” fernando responds with a certain measure of awe. “that’s quite the number for such an elusive pokemon.

his own collection is paltry in comparison. some he’s sold, others remain in the hands of those close by but have yet to warrant forcible extraction. the fact that mars has scanned all of his puts him firmly in one category.

well, have you found the answers to your curiosity?

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
MARTÍNDELMAR
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2022 16:36:51 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

”Thank you. It has taken some time to gather that many.” He is not a man who lacks in resources. Far from it, in fact, but no matter how many resources may be available to him, is right to call Unown elusive. It has taken much more than contacts and money. It has taken him making the time to go in search of them, every single week without fail. It’s not surprising that the councilman understands.
[break][break]
How much does he really understand, though?
[break][break]
How much does he know that Mars doesn’t?
[break][break]
Suspicions are inevitable, but above all, it would seem that in one way Fernando wants the same as him: answers and to ensure Hoenn’s safety. Their ideologies may clash, but is collaboration really impossible when they have the same goals in mind?
[break][break]
”Yes and no. The Unown Report’s real purpose remains… Unknown. A brow quirks, perhaps a sign of his amusement at his own wording, but with no more than a sigh, it’s somberness that washes over him. ”What is clear to me – and I imagine you have probably realised it too – is that many of its entries are associated with recent events and with those that are yet to happen.”
[break][break]

D R E A M S[break][break]
N I G H T M A R E[break][break]
F A N T A S Y[break][break]
W I S H[break][break]
P O K É R US [break][break]
Y E L L O W[break][break]
V E S T I G E[break][break]
R A D I A N T[break][break]
C O L L I S I O N [break][break]
I M P A C T

The list goes on.

[break]
”It makes me wonder about how involved those responsible for the report may be with these events. Or, if they’re even responsible for them too...” The Dark Triad. That’s the name linked to the report, but what is it, really? ”Honestly, I had hoped for a hint about how to deal with what’s coming, but so far all I have is more concerns and speculation, and I’m not the type of man to take extreme actions based on hunches.”
[break][break]
What’s coming. Most would assume he means the meteoroid, but to Mars that isn’t even the most pressing concern at the moment. It’s the Darkest Day. It’s everything the Lake Trio said. Had even told Fernando about what may soon happen?

[break][break]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
MARTÍNDELMAR
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2022 22:42:58 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

MARTÍNDELMAR

AN UNOWN REPORT ENTRY

“INDEED,” is his understated agreeance to mar’s initial premise. the words that pop up every so often can now be attributed to one individual. while he does not make up all of the results, his hand in it has been professed.

do you know the origin on the UNOWN REPORT?

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
MARTÍNDELMAR
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2022 3:48:52 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

The Origin of the Unown Report.
[break][break]
There is much information the councilman is undoubtedly privy to and to which Mars has no legal access, that much he won’t deny. Could it be possible, then, that there’s knowledge of the Unown Report that he’s completely unaware of? How much is keeping from him? What does he know?
[break][break]
”Hm. I know it was first given to us through strange devices distributed during a seemingly unassuming restaurant cook-off.” Who could ever forget? Who would have ever thought that such an event would have all these consequences? Mars had only participated for the sake of the bank, as a publicity stunt, and yet here he is, with the Unown Report now etched into his mind. ”I don’t know who created it, however. I imagine it’s linked to the assassins that attacked at the Mossdeep Star Soirée and to what happened at the Fleur Tea Atelier recently.”
[break][break]
Also to the so-called “Father Winter”, but Mars would rather not have someone like Fernando know about this one encounter.
[break][break]
”Do you know its origin, then?”

[break][break]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
MARTÍNDELMAR
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2022 19:26:21 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

MARTÍNDELMAR

AN UNOWN REPORT ENTRY

“INDEED,” he repeats, as if to verify mar’s claim. “i received mine around the same time.

he sits on this knowledge—none of it new—to contemplate. a moment later, his attention falls back onto mars.

at this time, we believe its origins to be from another world, much like the unown assassins. the technology is ahead of our time and all attempts at cracking the device have failed.

he quirks an eyebrow.

and despite knowing its relation to this syndicate but not of its purpose, you’ve continued to make contributions to this device?