awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
rivers of london [o, m]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2022 17:40:17 GMT
Guillermo Marceliño Avatar

He pressed the heels of his hands into his eyes to stave off the encroaching headache. Beneath him, Titanic gave a mournful croon, feeling the pressure just as much as he did; above him, the storm raged, thick, wool-gray clouds emptying buckets of rain. Thunder rumbled, louder here off the coast, and every so often his vision would flash as nigh-imperceptible lighting lit the sky.

His Basculegion did her best to keep him above the swell of the waves, but now and again the tepid water would crest up his thigh. Good thing he’d worn his wetsuit.

Stupid cultists and their stupid cults, their stupid rituals, stupid-- stupid magic. Lightning brightened the area and he saw the lithe, curling form of Hydra stretching out beneath them, her shadow a malicious smear in the rich, black sea.

On the horizon, there was a small boat, and the ocean beneath it was eerily calm. That was where the cultists were performing their rite, six or seven Rain Dances, each on top of the other, fighting the slow, gradual battle to force the Hoennian landmass under the surface of the sea. He’d been in the area on another job-- triple overtime, at this point, but he had to get there, he had to-- when the call came in from a scuba-diver who’d been harassed by these same cultists.

So here he was, lingering on the fringe, preparing to burst in and take them down… as soon as backup had arrived.

But the pressure from the unnatural storm was squeezing his brain and his patience was growing thin.

open - mission: kyogre soaker
[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Aura

Monarch
she/her
March 26th
Chroma Highlands, Almia
Demi-romantic
Bounty Hunter/Ethologist
Civilian
You say you're a god man, so what I'm the devil herself
awards
199 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aura1
Yvaine Varron
rivers of london [o, m]
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2022 0:27:32 GMT
Yvaine Varron Avatar

She'd dip and go under with every incoming wave, holding on closely to her Dewgong as it maneuvered through the rowdy sea. Not that this was a hobby she'd like doing, but when the weather changes ever so suddenly, and a clear sky starts birthing the nastiest of downpours in just a matter of minutes, Yvaine would've been a fool to not check on it. The fact that the weather was obstructing her own treasure trail was entirely beside the point. It had become apparent the fire-loving cultists had a water branch as well.

As the mercenary got closer she noticed a figure quite a bit in front of her fighting the waves as well, and upon drawing closer couldn't help her surprise at the sight of faintly familiar dreadlocks. Coincidence? I think not. "You again?! What is it with you and these annoying cultists!" she shouts, hoping to be heard across the roaring of the storm as she floated a few feet apart from him. Her dark wetsuit made her blend in with the dark water around them, but contrasted with the white of her dewgong's fur, as did the red crop jacket, seemingly waterproofed and hiding a handful of small tools.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
it gets lonely in this gangster's paradise
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
rivers of london [o, m]
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2022 17:18:40 GMT

He thought, at first, that she was some curious sea creature, coming to investigate what he was doing, floating all the way out here in the middle of nothingness. Her voice is warped, distorted on the width and breadth of sea between them, but he recognized the blood-red hair, even if she looked a bit like Ariel’s emo cousin.

Titanic pulled a u-turn in the water and coasted up nearer to Yvaine. “I’m working overtime,” he answered honestly, “and cultists just happen to be the flavor of the month.” He shrugged and forced a smile though his exhaustion was bone deep.

“Though you’ll be happy to know I wasn’t planning on asking nicely this time,” he said, grin turning the tiniest bit wicked, as another flash of lightning lit the silhouette of his Kingdra snaking in the dark water beneath them.

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Aura

Monarch
she/her
March 26th
Chroma Highlands, Almia
Demi-romantic
Bounty Hunter/Ethologist
Civilian
awards
199 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aura1
Yvaine Varron
rivers of london [o, m]
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2022 21:12:49 GMT
Yvaine Varron Avatar

"Gotta admit they're quite the bitter flavor if you ask me, they've been ruining a rather important job I'm on. So it's quite reassuring to hear you're dropping the "nice guy" tactics for this one." she grinned back, shifting her weight a bit so her Dewgong could keep itself afloat much easier. She then focused her attention back on the boat in front of her and squinted; making out a handful of figures. "I'm quite sure there's no fire involved this time, but need hand to deal with them?" she inclined her head towards the ranger.

"I mean, I'm still going to interfere with their business regardless, but seeing you're out here waiting and not out there handing out the law... figured I'd ask. Just a wild guess in thinking you're waiting for back-up." Her voice was laced with a teasing wickedness, but her face betrayed little as another lightning strike lit up their faces. "Last one on the boat gets to clean up the mess!" she laughed, plunging underwater and disappearing towards the boat.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
rivers of london [o, m]
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2022 18:31:54 GMT

He tilted his head, wanting to press her more about what special job she was running-- but would she tell him? Nah, probably a waste of breath. Her attention shifted back to the boat and his followed.

“I mean, sure, if you’re offering,” he said, tone jovial despite the obvious exhausting settling deep into his bones. He threaded a Pokeball through his fingers as he spoke. “I’m not one to look a gift Dewgong in the mouth."

He turned to discuss The Plan(™) with her when she laughed in his face and disappeared.

“Oh, it is on!” He nudged Titanic to a forward sprint with his heels and the Basculegion sped forward, heading for the ship like a battering ram. Beneath him, Hydra growled, something low and warbling that shook the very sea itself.

When they closed on the ship, Titanic launched herself clear of the water; Guillermo hopped up on her back, then jumped, clearing the railing of the ship as his Basculegion soared overhead. He landed right in the center of the confused cultists, popping the Pokeball he’d been waggling in his fingers, releasing his Rillaboom, who struck the closest with a fierce knock off, smacking them down into the deck of the ship.

There came that eerie roar again, and the whole ship shook, letting Memo know that Hydra had arrived and was currently making an entrance on the underside of the boat.

close tab

played by

Aura

Monarch
she/her
March 26th
Chroma Highlands, Almia
Demi-romantic
Bounty Hunter/Ethologist
Civilian
awards
199 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aura1
Yvaine Varron
rivers of london [o, m]
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2022 23:22:59 GMT
Yvaine Varron Avatar
Safe to say, her Dewgong was no match for his Basculegion's speed, finding the ranger just blasting past her with effortless ease. Even his entrance, smooth and impressive, left her momentarily gawking. "Guess I'm cleaning up our mess..." she muttered to herself as her Dewgong reached the side of the ship. With a little help of her marine partner she managed to grab unto the edge of the ship and pull herself aboard, just as an eerie roar shook the entire ship.

By the time she was well on her feet a cultist came flying past her and off the ship with a loud splash, courtesy of Rillaboom having a blast on board. Following his example Yvaine popped one of the pokéballs off her belt, allowing her Gliscor to join the fray, who promptly grappled one of the cultists and sent it flying for Hydra to deal with.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
rivers of london [o, m]
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2022 23:18:29 GMT

The cultist Yvaine’s Gliscor knocked overboard hit the water with a painful-sounding slap, moments before being forcibly jerked under. Memo, who had been peeking over the side of the boat, had to grab onto the guard rail and yell: “No! No drowning!”

A guttural, bass of a roar made the sea bubble, but the cultist was launched back skyward a moment later.

The ship jolted. Memo spun, leaning back against the railing, feet coming off the deck as it lifted up and splashed back down. A gleeful laugh escaped him, his stomach doing flip-flops like he was on a rollercoaster.

A large, purple tendril lashed up and over the side of the ship, Hydra’s tail coiling around the railing and ripping out a huge section to toss back out to sea.

“She’s got anger issues,” Memo told Yvaine by means of explanation as the ship lurched again.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,994 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
rivers of london [o, m]
POSTED ON May 14, 2023 2:36:36 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION INCOMPLETE...

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: