1,861 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
Beat the Heat (Mission)
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2022 22:32:20 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
This place was becoming far to familiar to him lately. Honestly if Jarvis hadn't mentioned that the nodes were picking up strange readings he probably wouldn't have come to check it out, but if there was even the slightest chance that something could be learned he would take it. However he hadn't expected this.

"Is this....Are they trying to summon something?" He stared at the group that were marching up to the summit of the mountain incredulously. Fire type pokemon were abound, and they were carrying all manners of strange things. He was staying hidden for the moment as he didn't think that he could take on that many alone, but if he left them alone they could cause trouble. Rubbing his forehead he sighed a little. How was he going to deal with this, it was much to big to involve Josh, and Izumi. With their kids he wouldn't endanger them.

"I guess for now I'll have to go at it alone....Ugh this entire region is such a pain sometimes." He chuckled as opened up the pokeball that contained his Dragonite, Draco. "We'll have to be quick, and precise." He told his dragon as they began to carefully trail the cultists.

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,470 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Beat the Heat (Mission)
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2022 15:59:48 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Amor wouldn't be alone in trailing the Groudon Cultists. Parallel to the long-haired man on his Dragonite, a man with dark hair would trail the group on his Hydreigon. The Hydreigon and his trainer were trailing behind the precession of cultists slowly and carefully, using the terrain as concealment whenever possible, should any of them look up.

The former member of the Elite Four would occasionally notice a Dragonite acting in a similar manner, Thomas being able to pick out a figure riding the orange dragon. Whether they were there for the same reason, or with the Groudon Cult could not be determined at this time. Trying to establish contact with the figure would blow any sort of cover he had, regardless of what side the Dragonite rider was one. This only encouraged Thomas to tread carefully, even more than he had been before.

tags:
notes: tl;dr

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
"I can't take the pressure....I'm gone beyond repair...."
awards
1,861 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
Beat the Heat (Mission)
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2022 18:20:20 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
Amor did notice movement farther away from him, but he had no idea if they were friend or foe either. Instead he kept his distance, and watched from afar as the Cultists worked their way up the trail, and he realized that they were heading to the summit. Were they trying to track down the legendries that had been here so long ago? They had vanished so that was impossible wasn't it? Furrowing his brow he saw some strange machinery being carted up as well which was cause for concern as he had no idea what was going to be happening. With so many fire types, and the entire region damaged after the battle in Sootopolis he had a few guesses, but he wouldn't know for sure.

Hoping that he wouldn't have to worry about the other hidden figure as he trailed them to the summit he was prepared to strike at a moments notice. Mt. Chimney was already a hot bed of Primal Energy even if it was inert at the moment with the right conditions it could cause another surge, and Amor had reason to believe that this volcano was the center of a lot of activity within the region. People would seek to use the dormant energies of it to try, and achieve the impossible.

"Idiots..." He would just mutter under his breath as they got closer to the destination of the cultists.

(Will start NPCing the Cultists on my next post!)
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,470 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Beat the Heat (Mission)
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2022 18:34:00 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas' focus would be on the congregation, and their pilgrimage to the summit of Mt. Chimney. Occasionally, Thomas would look over to the Dragonite, and his rider. The longer he stayed on the trail, the more concerned Thomas got.

Thomas would dip out of view along the mountains, before swooping down to a good 'sniping spot', one that he could deploy Colt the Clawitzer.

The Clawitzer would make grumbling cries, clearly complaining about the heat of the area.

"Colt, I need you to watch my back. Someone on a Dragonite is also tailing the targets. If they attack me, snipe them with Ice Beam. Otherwise, if they join us in taking out the targets, give them support as well.", he'd tell the Clawitzer quietly. Once the Clawitzer gave him a cry of affirmation, Thomas and Kalameet flew in towards the summit, where the cultists had congregated. In his grasp was one of his Pokeballs.

"Disperse immediately, or I will open fire!", Thomas called out to the group. His Hydreigon growled and snarled at them menacingly, the two heads on the sides aiming and ready to fire off a volley of Dragon Pulses, should they resist.

tags:

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
"I can't take the pressure....I'm gone beyond repair...."
awards
1,861 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
Beat the Heat (Mission)
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2022 21:33:05 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
[Cultists POV]

Thomas had approached the main group as they reached the summit, and at the sight of his Hydreigon, and the lone trainer they simply laughed.

"Boy you are very outnumbered? Are you sure you wanna do this?" Came the simple response as three Magmortar sidled up to the man who was speaking to him. Solrock were looming around as well, they didn't seem very intimidated by two Pokemon who couldn't possibly pose a threat to them. "It is unfortunate that you have come to interrupt us, this is where our lord was, and we have come to retrieve him." Immediately the cannons on each of the Magmortar began to glow as they charged up stored energy, and let it loose towards Thomas, and his pokemon.

Six streaks of golden light converged into one massive Hyper Beam for Thomas to contend with. The Solrock behind had began to glow red, and the sunlight seemed to get far more intense from their combined Sunny Day.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amor watched from his perch as the first attacks were launched towards the man who had been tailing the cultists as well, and seeing that he wasn't with them obviously he felt that it was only prudent that he jump in to help. Patting Draco on the neck he nodded to his companion as they swooped downward with Amor leaping off, and tumbling into a roll behind a rock as his Dragonite used Extreme Speed to attempt to sweep up the Solrock in the back.

It was only when he was this close that he recognized the man that had been tailing the cultists along with him.

"Thomas!?" He exclaimed a little shocked, but thankful that it was someone that he recognized, and wasn't another enemy for him to contend with. "Well I'm glad to see you here at least." He said as Draco continued his high speed assault.

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,470 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Beat the Heat (Mission)
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2022 1:57:44 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"Positive.", Thomas told them. He would watch the group as their Magmortar gathered like a firing squad. "Groudon doesn't give a flying fuck about any of you! You're nothing!", Thomas taunted the group.

As the Magmortar gathered energy, both Thomas and Kalameet watched intently, letting them take aim at them. As they fired their combined Hyper Beam, Thomas and Kalameet would bank to the right quickly, while Kalameet erected an Earth Power column in order to take the blow for them as they got to cover.

Colt, from his vantage point, would fire off a Water Pulse at one of the Magmortar. Despite the Sunny Day hampering its power, the Clawitzer's aim was still on point.

Kalameet would get to cover, before slowing down enough for Thomas to roll off of him, before he would spring out and retaliate with Dragon Pulse fire.

Upon getting to the ground, he would encounter a familiar face. "Amor, long time, no see.", he'd tell his old friend.

The former Elite Four would waste no time in tossing out two Pokeballs, aiming to land them behind the Solrok. Like grenades, they would land, and unleash Ripper the Scizor, and Brutus the Pangoro. The two of them would aid the Dragonite by Bullet Punching the Solrok.

tags:

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights