jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
Travel is the great leveler, the great teacher, bitter as medicine, crueler than mirror-glass.
awards
581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
Exploring the Falls [DW]
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2022 0:26:55 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar

Entering the large cave, Jack's heart beats faster in anticipation. Meteor Falls had a storied reputation and he was excited to explore, snap some photos, and maybe even catch some pokemon. "Let's do this, Watts," he grins at his boltund leaping excitedly alongside him, sending a shower of sparks from his paws with each hop. The sounds of water echo from the cave walls as he strides confidently deeper inward.

Dual Wild |

close tab

played by

McFuzzled

Dr. Driscoll
He/Him
October 24
Castelia City
Homosexual
Scientist
Grunt
20 height
20 height
Little crises help you relish the calm.
awards
82 posts
part of
TAG WITH @henrydriscoll
Henry Driscoll
Exploring the Falls [DW]
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2022 3:18:49 GMT
Henry Driscoll Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","complanet"]

[attr="class","complanet-color"]

[attr="class","complanet-grad"]

[attr="class","complanet-img"]

[attr="class","complanet-img-1"]

[attr="class","complanet-shadow"]

[attr="class","complanet-top"]

LITTLE CRISES HELP YOU RELISH THE CALM

[attr="class","complanet-post"]

Tmp-tmp-tmp-splish.
[break][break]
Henry grimaces, lifting his foot and regarding the freshly-damp stain at the hem of his trouser leg with open disdain. "Certainly," he scowls, giving his foot a shake before continuing past the small puddle he'd just stepped in. "Certainly, here we are, in yet another cave, doing my ankles an injustice because you simply couldn't recall to take the sample with you when you eluded the last raid."
[break][break]
"Tox," Eckart replies indignantly, loping easily behind the man and sticking out his tongue insouciantly - not that Henry's looking to see it. "Of course I would prefer to have you than neither," Henry rejoins irritably, "But this sets us back months. The fact we were even able to -find- a Minior here in the first place was a complete fluke - the best we can hope for is a casing, I should think."
[break][break]
Turning back into the main chamber of the Falls, Henry lifts a hand, causing Eckart to come up short behind him. Movement - another explorer, or just a tourist? He adjusts his glasses slightly, dropping to one knee and busying himself eyeing a completely inconsequential piece of rock near the base of the tunnel wall. Perhaps they'd simply turn away before they grew too close.

[attr="class","complanet-bot"]

Tagged:
Notes: DW - Water/Psychic/Dragon

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Rajdhani:400,700,800]

[googlefont=Hind:400,700]

[newclass=.complanet]width:500px;border:solid 10px #444444;text-align:justify;border-radius:5px;box-shadow:0px 0px 15px rgba(22,22,22,.2);margin:20px 0px 5px 0px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-color]background-color:#999999;border-radius:3px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-grad]border-radius:3px;background:linear-gradient(to bottom,rgba(5,5,5,.65),rgba(5,5,5,1));padding:25px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-img]margin:5px 0px -15px 0px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-img-1]margin:0px auto;height:100px;width:100px;padding:5px;border:solid 20px #999999;background-color:#444444;border-radius:100%;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-img-1 img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(85%);[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-top]color:#eeeeee;text-align:center;letter-spacing:1.25px;background-color:#999999;border-radius:3px 3px 0px 0px;padding:15px;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-post]color:#eeeeee;background-color:#444444;padding:30px;font:12px Hind;letter-spacing:.25px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-post i]color:#777777;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-post b]color:#5f9474;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-bot]color:#eeeeee;text-align:center;letter-spacing:1.25px;background-color:#999999;border-radius:0px 0px 3px 3px;padding:10px;font:10px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-bot a]display:inline-block;background-color:rgba(33,33,33,.1);padding:5px;border-radius:2px;color:#eeeeee!important;font-style:none!important;text-decoration:none;font:10px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-shadow]border-radius:3px;box-shadow:0px 0px 5px rgba(22,22,22,.05);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,989 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Exploring the Falls [DW]
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2022 5:29:36 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgroc"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD DUCKLETT APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] KEEN EYE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FEATHER DANCE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]WATER GUN
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BUBBLE BEAM
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]AQUA RING
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD DRAGONAIR APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SHED SKIN
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DRAGON RAGE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]WRAP
[attr="class","wildtabox"]AQUA TAIL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TWISTER

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
Travel is the great leveler, the great teacher, bitter as medicine, crueler than mirror-glass.
awards
581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
Exploring the Falls [DW]
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2022 17:39:10 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar

"Looks like someone up ahead," Jack murmurs to Watts after spotting a figure kneeling near one of the cavern walls. Concern tinges his voice as he murmurs "I hope they're okay."

Moving forward cautiously until the man comes into clearer view, Jack calls out "Oy there! You doing alright?"

As Jack's voice echoes from the walls, a wave of water washes over his boots when a dragonair rises from the watercourse running nearby. With a trembling hand, Jack reaches for a pokeball at his belt as Watts bares his fangs at the dragon pokemon now towering above them. With a low growl, the boltund backs up as static electricity arcs it his feet. Jack nods almost imperceptibly as Watts races forward in a wild charge, slamming into the dragonair with a blast of electricity. Before the crackle of sparks has faded from the cavern, Jack hurls the pokeball in a forceful overhand throw.

Dual Wild |

[break]Notes: Catching DRAGONAIR.
close tab

played by

McFuzzled

Dr. Driscoll
He/Him
October 24
Castelia City
Homosexual
Scientist
Grunt
20 height
20 height
awards
82 posts
part of
TAG WITH @henrydriscoll
Henry Driscoll
Exploring the Falls [DW]
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2022 22:08:39 GMT
Henry Driscoll Avatar
[nospaces]

Of course the other traveler would choose to engage. Just his luck. Henry glances up at the new arrival, affecting a bemused expression. "Oh, goodness, yes," he murmurs, coming slowly to his feet and brushing off the front of his trousers, dislodging some of the detritus from the rough floor of the tunnel. "Apologies, I didn't expect to meet anyone this far in. My fault for getting distracted, I suppose." he grins abashedly, straightening his jacket.
[break][break]
A lone Ducklett waddles up from the waterside, and Henry glances down at it with some consternation. "Go on, little fellow, I'm not your mother." With a plaintive quack, the Ducklett turns a slow, wobbling about-face and slides back into the water, coasting along out of sight.
[break][break]
He turns his attention back to Jack with a crooked smile, offering his hand in a shake. "Henry Driscoll, at your service. Are you searching for anything in particular, by chance?"

Tagged:
Notes: SKIPPING BOTH

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.complanet]width:500px;border:solid 10px #444444;text-align:justify;border-radius:5px;box-shadow:0px 0px 15px rgba(22,22,22,.2);margin:20px 0px 5px 0px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-color]background-color:#999999;border-radius:3px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-grad]border-radius:3px;background:linear-gradient(to bottom,rgba(5,5,5,.65),rgba(5,5,5,1));padding:25px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-img-1]margin:0px auto;height:100px;width:100px;padding:5px;border:solid 20px #999999;background-color:#444444;border-radius:100%;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-img-1 img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(85%);[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-top]color:#eeeeee;text-align:center;letter-spacing:1.25px;background-color:#999999;border-radius:3px 3px 0px 0px;padding:15px;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-post]color:#eeeeee;background-color:#444444;padding:30px;font:12px Hind;letter-spacing:.25px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-bot]color:#eeeeee;text-align:center;letter-spacing:1.25px;background-color:#999999;border-radius:0px 0px 3px 3px;padding:10px;font:10px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-bot a]display:inline-block;background-color:rgba(33,33,33,.1);padding:5px;border-radius:2px;color:#eeeeee!important;font-style:none!important;text-decoration:none;font:10px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-shadow]border-radius:3px;box-shadow:0px 0px 5px rgba(22,22,22,.05);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,989 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Exploring the Falls [DW]
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2022 2:07:14 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD GRUMPIG APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] OWN TEMPO
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SPLASH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]PSYBEAM
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ODOR SLEUTH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BELCH

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD GIRAFARIG APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SAP SIPPER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]CRUNCH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]NASTY PLOT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]POWER SWAP
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DOUBLE HIT

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]
CAUGHT THE DRAGONAIR!

close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
awards
581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
Exploring the Falls [DW]
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2022 2:44:22 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar

Snapping the pokeball containing the dragonair to his belt, Jack lets out an excited breath. "Hullo Henry, glad you're okay - I was a tad worried for a mo'," Jack says to the man as he clasps his hand firmly. "The name's Jack. Chuffed to meet you, certainly."

As Jack lets his hand drop, a grumpig marches up to the two men with a rhythmic step. The hackles rise on Watts' neck and he lets out a sharp, warning bark that causes the grumpig to turn away - though the pokemon never misses a beat in its weird match as it disappears into the cave.

"Ah, you know, I'm just out and about, checking the place out," he answers Henry's question sheepishly, rubbing the back of his head as he dodges the question. "What about you? I hope I didn't interrupt you collecting a rock or something," he says with a note of apology in his voice.

[break]Notes: Skipping both.
close tab

played by

McFuzzled

Dr. Driscoll
He/Him
October 24
Castelia City
Homosexual
Scientist
Grunt
20 height
20 height
awards
82 posts
part of
TAG WITH @henrydriscoll
Henry Driscoll
Exploring the Falls [DW]
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2022 4:20:47 GMT
Henry Driscoll Avatar
[nospaces]

Collecting a rock? COLLECTING a ROCK? Does Henry LOOK like some two-bit geologist? Those imbeciles couldn't find their own posteriors if they had both hands and- "Not at all," Henry supplies smoothly, offering a wry smile that is only perhaps a touch too tight at the edges. "Had a bit of free time on my hands, that's all. Unusual to stumble across a Galarian in these parts," he quips.
[break][break]
While his trainer engages in a bit of song-and-dance on his own, Eckart stifles a yawn, catching the attention of a nearby Girafarig. Sneering, the Toxtricity spits a viscid gob of violet TOXIC goo on the psychic pokemon, following it up with a sharp VENOSHOCK that sends the other pokémon crumpling to the ground, heaving.
[break][break]
"Meteor Falls is rife with fascinating points of interest," Henry continues, gesturing the way Jack had come from. "I haven't ventured much deeper, myself - wouldn't want to end up in more trouble than I care to find my way out of, you understand. Have you seen the Falls themselves?"

Tagged:
Notes: SKIPPING BOTH

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,989 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Exploring the Falls [DW]
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2022 6:57:47 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SAMUROTT APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SHELL ARMOR
[attr="class","wildtabox"]RETALIATE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HYDRO PUMP
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TAIL WHIP
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]MEGAHORN
[attr="class","wildtabox"] SACRED SWORD

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD DREEPY APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] CURSED BODY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ASTONISH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]INFESTATION
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BITE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]QUICK ATTACK

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
awards
581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
Exploring the Falls [DW]
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2022 20:03:13 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar

Jack smiles at Henry's observation, nodding slightly. "I just moved to Hoenn and haven't run into any other Galarians yet, so I'm not surprised we're a rare sight," he responds to the man. He opens his mouth to continue talking but is distracted by a tiny dreepy that floats by. Watts is immediately fascinated by the pokemon, following it around and swatting playfully at it.

"Leave her alone, Watts," he chides the boltund, while tossing a pokeball at the small dragon.

With his eyes still on the pokeball, he replies absently, "I haven't seen the falls, or really been any further in than this. Truth be told, I'm just sort of wandering. Ever since moving here, I've felt a little homesick and lonely, so sometimes I wander around just to keep my mind from dwelling on it." His mind catching up to his mouth, he blushes suddenly as he looks at the other man.

"What do you mean by ending up in more trouble; is Meteor Falls a dangerous area?" Jack asks quickly while fumblingly attempting to regain his composure.

[break]NOTES: Catching DREEPY.
close tab

played by

McFuzzled

Dr. Driscoll
He/Him
October 24
Castelia City
Homosexual
Scientist
Grunt
20 height
20 height
awards
82 posts
part of
TAG WITH @henrydriscoll
Henry Driscoll
Exploring the Falls [DW]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2022 1:15:16 GMT
Henry Driscoll Avatar
[nospaces]

"Not particularly, in and of itself," the scientist opines, eyeing the passing Dreepy with a raised eyebrow before it's captured. Shaking his head as though to clear it, he turns his attention back to the other man with a crooked, wry smile. "That is, no more so than anywhere else in Hoenn, I should suspect."
[break][break]
As though to directly undermine his words, a Samurott charges from the shadows of a nearby tunnel with a roar, the barbed spike at its forehead pointed directly at Henry. The man turns in alarm, but before he can react, Eckart inserts himself between his trainer and the charging pokémon, unleashing an OVERDRIVE that sends a wave of electricity surging through the air, rippling through the Samurott's lumbering frame like water and causing its movements to grow erratic until it stumbles, crashing into one side of the tunnel.
[break][break]
Sparing a grateful glance to Eckart, Henry surveys the struggling Samurott with mild curiosity, at length withdrawing a pokeball from his satchel and tossing it toward the larger beast. "You see what I mean. As long as you are competent in dealing with...hm, errant wildlife, you should be in quite decent shape to explore, with the proper provisions."
[break][break]
Straightening his jacket, he turns to Jack with an almost amused tilt of his head. "Meteor Falls is so named - at least the rumor states - due to the notion that meteors once fell to the surface in this location, buried deep within the cave system. They say that if you are brave enough to explore the deeper levels and fortunate enough to keep a wary eye on your surroundings, you might even find a piece of one. Could you imagine?"

Tagged:
Notes: CATCHING SAMUROTT

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,989 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Exploring the Falls [DW]
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2022 1:28:09 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD WIMPOD APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] WIMP OUT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SAND ATTACK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DEFENSE CURL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]STRUGGLE BUG
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]METAL CLAW

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SLOWKING APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] REGENERATOR
[attr="class","wildtabox"]PSYCH UP
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HEAL PULSE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SWAGGER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HEADBUTT
[attr="class","wildtabox"] BELCH

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]
BOTH OF YOUR CAPTURE ATTEMPTS ARE SUCCESSFUL!

close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
awards
581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
Exploring the Falls [DW]
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2022 23:50:48 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar

Jack raises his eyebrows at Henry's ability to react and continue on after the surprise attack by the Samaurott, but he listens eagerly to the man's explanation of the Falls. He closes his eyes briefly, trying to imagine what he would do with a meteor if he found one.

"Hm, no I can't actually imagine what I would do with a piece of meteor if I found one," he says to Henry with a shrug. Watts, having grown bored again was following around a scuttling Wimpod until the two pokemon disturbed a Slowking that was sitting hidden behind a rock. Without hesitation, Watts collided with it in a wild charge, stunning the pokemon before it could finish standing. With a quick throw, Jack tosses an empty pokeball at the Slowking in an attempt to capture it as the Wimpod skitters past where the two men are standing.

With a thoughtful look at Henry, Jack asks, "What would you do if you found one? A meteor chunk, I mean."

NOTES: Catching SLOWKING.[break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,989 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Exploring the Falls [DW]
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2023 21:43:47 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]JACK CAUGHT THE SLOWKING!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] REGENERATOR
[attr="class","wildtabox"]PSYCH UP
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HEAL PULSE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SWAGGER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HEADBUTT
[attr="class","wildtabox"] BELCH

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] CONGRATULATIONS!