She/Her
Twenty-Five
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
*shrugs*
Freelancer/Ex-Ace Child Detective
Civilian
--- height
--- height
Let's Keep things a bit clandestine, shall we?
awards
399 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elaine
Elaine Highland
Premonitory Mistakes [M]
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2022 2:50:24 GMT
Elaine Highland Avatar
“Asteria...”

Elaine looked down at the quadruped in white fur standing at her side, shivering, before looking out before her. But wasn’t just the Absol at her side.

They were scattered, but she could see the occasional sight of white fur with black faces across the course of the field—a long dirt road she had been traveling in the rain. Fortree City could be seen off in the distance. There was a nearby cliff, a bridge, and a few pick-up trucks of people taking a quick break near a set of trees at the bottom of the cliff, next to the river.

It was hardly a huge distance up, but Elaine could still see the truck and its owners from a distance taking quick shelter.

That meant the question was…

“Where will it come from?”

They were here after all. Even Asteria was shivering from more than just the presence of rain. The likely victims of the disaster was down below. She needed to figure out how to prevent that worst-case scenario from happening.

Tags:
Mission
close tab

played by

milky

mari
she/her
march 2
ambrette, kalos
bi
assistant
civilian
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
84 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mari
marilee beaufort
Premonitory Mistakes [M]
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2022 4:06:59 GMT
marilee beaufort Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mari3"]
[attr="class","top"]

sometimes she wondered if coming to hoenn had been a mistake. mari hadn't thought about it when it had happened, because everything had happened so quickly. she'd been in a weird space back in kalos, and there were only so many afternoons that she could spend at grandma pryde's side before it would get boring quickly. she knew, also, that grandmother was expecting more of her, as they always were. so when her internship had ended, and another job had presented itself, at rotomtv no-less, she'd jumped at the opportunity.

[break][break] how could she deny working for ?

[break][break] but also how was she supposed to know that hoenn was going to be enclosed.

[break][break] mari had not actually gone out to witniss it, but for some reason flights were cancelled and ferry schedules were blank. she still had contact with the main house back in kalos... but things weren't the same. now that she had no way to — no. she couldn't think about it.

[break][break] so caught up in her thoughts, she barely noticed it was starting to rain and even less that there seemed to be gathering up ahead. it was only at the flash of white fur running past her that she realized that it was a pokemon. and people.

[break][break] she blinks, looking at the girl closest to her.

[break][break] "what's going on?"

[attr="class","ooc"]

[newclass=".mari3"]--accent:#d7d0f2; [/newclass]

[newclass=".mari3 blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font:12px/15px 'Roboto'; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".mari3 blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".mari3 .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".mari3 blockquote img"] filter:grayscale(10%); margin:1px 21px 11px 1px [/newclass]

[newclass=".mari3 .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".mari3 .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
close tab

played by

kohaku

She/Her
Twenty-Five
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
*shrugs*
Civilian
--- height
--- height
awards
399 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elaine
Elaine Highland
Premonitory Mistakes [M]
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2022 6:28:21 GMT
Elaine Highland Avatar

Before she could come to an answer, however, another entry—a young woman approximately the same age as her—had interrupted her train of thought. Therein lay another problem. Another person entering the scene meant another potential victim. The lack of the old detective authority she used to cordon off areas came back to bite her. Though, it could also be said that such demarcation would be no more than a hindrance should the time come to evacuate.

Still, the extra brainpower of another person couldn’t hurt.

“There’s a decent amount of Absol gathering in the area. Not to mention...”

Elaine looked down at Asteria who was now rubbing her horn against Elaine as if trying to wrap that curved blade around the young woman.

“Asteria’s been acting up ever since we got here...actually, come to think of it, Asteria acted up first before the wild Absol had come around.”

She had muttered for a moment before training her focus back to the newcomer. Taking a hand, she rubbed it across her Absol’s head as she continued to speak.

“I guess you could say I’m trying to forestall a disaster and calm her down,” she said, while keeping her hand on Asteria. “The name’s Elaine. What about you?”

close tab

played by

milky

mari
she/her
march 2
ambrette, kalos
bi
assistant
civilian
awards
84 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mari
marilee beaufort
Premonitory Mistakes [M]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2022 14:25:44 GMT
marilee beaufort Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mari3"]
[attr="class","top"]

she swallows, heart-rate spiking at the mention of other absol in the area. though mari was no pokemon expert by any means, she'd heard the fables...

[break][break] absol warned of incoming trouble.

[break][break] "w-w-what do you think it means?" she stutters, turning her pale blue gaze onto the other. it widens a fraction at the mention of a disaster. "a disaster?!"

[break][break] she shifts nervously.

[break][break] "my name's m-mari."

[attr="class","ooc"]

[newclass=".mari3 blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font:12px/15px 'Roboto'; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".mari3 blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".mari3 .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".mari3 blockquote img"] filter:grayscale(10%); margin:1px 21px 11px 1px [/newclass]

[newclass=".mari3 .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

kohaku

She/Her
Twenty-Five
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
*shrugs*
Civilian
--- height
--- height
awards
399 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elaine
Elaine Highland
Premonitory Mistakes [M]
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2022 1:59:44 GMT
Elaine Highland Avatar
Disaster.

Asteria's shivering was an unmistakable premonition for that. The conditions were ripe for it, after all. It was a foregone conclusion. But that was all she could say.

"Well, that's unfortunately what I'm trying to figure out here." Elaine sighed as she scratched her head for a short moment. "We've got a raging storm, a flood bank, multiple hills, a bridge, and a waterfall. Every component in a recipe for disaster is here."

Elaine pointed in succession at each of the things she was referring to. But after doing so, she frowned.

"But that's ultimately meaningless if we can't figure out what disaster is going to befall this area. I don't have the resources to deal every possibility unfortunately."

Elaine crossed her arms as she looked towards Mari. "Well, I can say that the storm is already here, so the disaster is more likely to be due to the storm than it is to be the storm itself. Right, Asteria?"

The Pokemon in white once again rubbed her side against Elaine's leg as she continued to shiver.

"I'm at a bit of an impasse," she said, shrugging. "What do you think, Mari?"
close tab

played by

milky

mari
she/her
march 2
ambrette, kalos
bi
assistant
civilian
awards
84 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mari
marilee beaufort
Premonitory Mistakes [M]
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2022 18:07:16 GMT
marilee beaufort Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mari3"]
[attr="class","top"]

flustered, mari's eyes widen as lists not one but several disasters. there was really that much going on?

[break][break] still, the redhead seemed to be relatively calm admist everything that was going on...

[break][break] mari's fingers twist together anxiously in front of her, but she tries to calm her rapidly speeding heartbeat.

[break][break] "a-ah, um, i think that's a good idea!" she blurts out when elaine asks her what her thoughts are. mari's no ranger - how is she supposed to know? speaking of... "d-do you think we should notify the nearby rangers?"

[break][break] they're the ones that are supposed to deal with this sort of thing, right?

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

kohaku

She/Her
Twenty-Five
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
*shrugs*
Civilian
--- height
--- height
awards
399 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elaine
Elaine Highland
Premonitory Mistakes [M]
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2022 4:03:15 GMT
Elaine Highland Avatar
"Yeah, technically the rangers are the people who would best deal with this kind of thing. However, that'll do us no good at this stage." Elaine held out her phone in front of her lazily with the display facing Marilee. "Since I already contacted them."

Elaine herself was hardly a ranger and optimally, trying to save a bunch of people and predict an impending natural disaster was well outside her range of expertise. She knew better than to not defer to those who were better suited for such a task.

But that's where that flash of sagacity came to end--out of necessity.

"Unfortunately, it'll take them 20 or so minutes to arrive." She pointed out as she placed her phone back into her pocket. "But there's no guarantee things won't fall apart in the interim. That's why at least I need to try something."

Reaching her hand back down to rest it on the head of the white-furred beast at her side, she smiled as well. "Also, until I can figure away to avert disaster, Asteria won't stop shivering here."

close tab

played by

milky

mari
she/her
march 2
ambrette, kalos
bi
assistant
civilian
awards
84 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mari
marilee beaufort
Premonitory Mistakes [M]
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2022 8:35:46 GMT
marilee beaufort Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mari3"]
[attr="class","top"]

"o-oh."

[break][break] embarrassment burned her cheeks, but at the same time, she couldn't help but feel overwhelming admiration for . she was so put-together! and cool! if only she could be like her...

[break][break] a thought flickers through her mind like a lightbulb at the tailend of the redhead's statement.

[break][break] "since asteria is the one shivering, do you think she could lead us towards the source? or maybe.. give us some direction..?"

[break][break] it seemed a bit foolish to ask a pokemon of all things, but at the same time, anything must have been better than just standing here on the bank. even mari was beginning to feel a little cold.

[break][break] or maybe that was just the nervousness of standing next to a pretty girl.

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

kohaku

She/Her
Twenty-Five
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
*shrugs*
Civilian
--- height
--- height
awards
399 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elaine
Elaine Highland
Premonitory Mistakes [M]
POSTED ON Dec 25, 2022 23:10:31 GMT
Elaine Highland Avatar
"Honestly, that's not a bad idea." Elaine looked back to Asteria. Marilee's idea held some merit. Absol were supposedly very keen at sensing even the most minute changes in weather and were generally known for being able to predict the weather quite easily. So the optimal route would definitely be...

"Well, I guess brute forcing a deduction with minimal information like this isn't the best idea. Can't help that it's far from my realm of expertise."

Elaine shrugged. "So, what do you think of what Mari suggested, Asteria?"

The white-furred beast looked off into the distance for a brief moment, its legs seemingly trembling. It almost seemed like she wanted to refuse. And yet, it shook its head for a short second, letting the water that was on its coat fly everywhere, before biting into Elaine's sleeve and pulling her along with enough force that she would have been pulled onto the ground and dragged forward if she hadn't followed in tandem.

"Wait! Asteria, is this a yes? Where are you going?"

Elaine found herself quickly flustered as her Pokemon gave a fairly wordless response and decided to pull her along.

"Mari? Are you coming along? I can probably use some help.

close tab

played by

milky

mari
she/her
march 2
ambrette, kalos
bi
assistant
civilian
awards
84 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mari
marilee beaufort
Premonitory Mistakes [M]
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2024 15:31:21 GMT
marilee beaufort Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mari3"]
[attr="class","top"]

"oh!" mari blinked in surprise when her idea worked. hurriedly, she scrambled to catch up to the other girl and her pokemon.

[break][break] "y-yeah, i'm coming!"

[break][break] mari didn't know how much help she'd be — after all, she was barely a pokemon trainer herself — but she was far from saying no to someone who asked.

[break][break] especially to a pretty girl.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights