TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
I See Red [M][VV]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2022 8:34:57 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
It's raining pretty hard. It was heavy. Days like this, one can hear nothing but the pouring rain. It's easy to feel melancholic. And why not? The rain cascades from the sky. Days like today remind Sawyer...

No. They remind Ashley of what he left behind. On nights like these, he remembers it. Like a ephemeral dream, one he has over and over. Making a name for himself, and soaring like a rocket, only to realize to make his dream a reality, he trounces on a number of other dreams. People lose their jobs. People lose their lives, and he's expected to play the part of the diligent soldier, ruining the lives of those around him. They are ordered to redden their hands and become more than what they start. It's for a good cause.

He remembers the gun he held, pointing to the kid's head. He remembers Cinnabar so clearly. He remembers it, because his silver eyes couldn't stop. The kid accepted death so easily. How can he shoot him? How can he do this? How can someone redden their hands so easily? But the orders were orders. He had to. He had to throw away his conscience away. Toss it to the wayside.

When he finally reaches the lighthouse, pulling off his jacket's hood, he looks towards the sky. His shoes are coated in a bit of mud from the run. Bongo, who is in his jacket, nestling all cozy just relaxes. The wind picks up, nestling the grass, the trees.

It all stops for a moment, as he looks to his home for a little bit of time. Bongo was napping. "Alright... let's go keep that Ampharos company. Need him on a day like today."

He didn't know the half of it. As he quietly ran his hand over the switchblade in his pocket, he prepared to fend off intruders. He just hoped he didn't have to use it. Because, on days like today, was when the sins on his back loved to rear their ugly little heads. Where his hands looked a shade redder.

Days like today, Ashley wished he never made it out of that orphanage.

[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".sawyer"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".sawyer b"]color:#00BFFF; font-weight:lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sawyer i"]color:#00BFFF; font-style:italic; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sawyer a"]text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
we'll never get free, lamb to the slaughter
awards
4,140 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
I See Red [M][VV]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2022 15:40:41 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]
[attr="class","littlejay"]

raindrops drizzle down from the sky. it's a peculiar feeling — had it been so long since he'd seen rain? where he had been stationed in kanto — cinnebar — did not see much of it. ironically, at least in the summer, sootopolis didn't seem to either. perhaps it was because the city was so aptly blockaded. the last time it had rained seemed like a downpour.

[break][break] he continued onto the mission location — dewford's lighthouse. rumor had it that a valuable pokemon was trapped in it's interior, and of course it was rocket's responsibility to liberate it.

[break][break] it seemed like these days he could rarely find a moment's peace to go on his own mission. most were mission details given to lower recruits, which was not surprising considering his recently promoted position. but there was something unique about going after a task yourself, a fact that he was sure that would understand. hopefully, he would not mind that he'd left a few more stacks of paperwork on his desk than usual.

[break][break] jayden finds the lighthouse with ease, and decides to climb into the north-west windowpane. it's easy enough, and he drops onto his feet silently. the inside of the building is eerily quiet — almost too quiet.

[break][break] it makes it all the more shocking when he turns and finds him face-to-face with a familiar set of eyes.

[break][break] one that he hadn't seen in a lifetime.

[break][break] "sawyer?"

[attr="class","ooc"]

[newclass=".littlejay"]--accent:#955adf; } .littlejay { font:12px 'Roboto'; letter-spacing:.5px; border-radius:0px; padding:40px 50px 50px; border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px; } .littlejay b { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; } .littlejay i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .littlejay u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:0.5px; } .littlejay .ooc { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px; } .littlejay .ooc a { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jaytop"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323; border-radius:5px; } .jaytop img { filter:grayscale(90%); padding-top:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
But I, I will, go on howling and hollow
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
I See Red [M][VV]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2022 20:50:08 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
No...

Sneaking in through the window, someone came in. Ashley's instincts kick in, and he turns to face him. The moment those eyes look into his, recognition shines on his face. The moment he speaks his alias, the voice only hammers it into him. Ashley stares for a moment too long.

Panic begins to set in through his entire body. This wasn't real. He wasn't real. He feels his heart in his throat, and he wants to scream, but no words come out. Nothing comes out. He can't breathe, even though he desperately wants to. If he doesn't breathe, he'll look more suspicious. If he breathes, he lives to see what comes next. He lives to remember it all. To remember him.

Jayden Cross.

Ashley needs to say something. Anything. He needs to speak, to respond to this... this... levity. He needs levity. Anything to keep him at bay. "Front door is that way." He says, matter-of-factly. He says nothing else. He can't. He's freaking out, he can't stand to eve look at him.

Every mistake he's made comes crashing down, and with his back turned to Jayden, he begins to ascend the lighthouse. He doesn't bother to say his name. Speaking his name brings him into existence.

He can't feel his left hand. His nails dig into the palm, the fist clinching harder by the moment to ground Ashley to reality.

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,140 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
I See Red [M][VV]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2022 21:40:09 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]

sawyer.

[break][break] immediately, a hundred emotions surge straight through him.

[break][break] betrayal. hurt. regret. disbelief.

[break][break] it's been years, but he can still remember that one rainy day when had made his choice. all of the events of their childhood had escalated before them: the disagreements they had (some petty, and others greivous), the way jayden had slowly become less and less human over time as sawyer became more empathetic, and finally, the murder of their leader .

[break][break] by leaving, sawyer had betrayed them. had betrayed rocket. had betrayed him.

[break][break] bile is fresh in his mouth as he faces his ex-best-friend.

[break][break] "you shouldn't have come here, sawyer."

[break][break] atop the steps, he glares down. his voice is cold as ice, brittle enough to break. the wind hisses loudly outside, thunder cracking in the rainstorm. the glow of blood-red eyes appear right behind him, just a flash, before a BLIZZARD whips out towards .

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break][break]

[newclass=".littlejay"]--accent:#955adf; } .littlejay { font:12px 'Roboto'; letter-spacing:.5px; border-radius:0px; padding:40px 50px 50px; border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px; } .littlejay b { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; } .littlejay i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .littlejay u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:0.5px; } .littlejay .ooc { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px; } .littlejay .ooc a { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:lowercase; } .littlejay img { filter:grayscale(100%); [/newclass]
[newclass=".jaytop"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323; border-radius:5px; } .jaytop img { filter:grayscale(20%); padding-top:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
I See Red [M][VV]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2022 23:22:51 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
It isn't that easy. Of course it isn't.

When Jayden releases his bile-coated retort to Ashley, he stops his ascent. No matter how frigid Jayden's voice is, it's hot as hell in here. Ashley's sweating. He doesn't have Jubilee. If he did, he might stand a chance. But now, he faces down his former best friend, carrying Bongo, Sushi, Bullet, and Jelly in his bag, he considers his options.

At the crack of thunder, with Ashley's face coated in sweat, he sees those red eyes, and he kicks into gear.

"SUSHI, COVERING FIRE." The Slowpoke with his little black backwards cap is released, firing a Water Pulse from his mouth to combat the coming Blizzard. While it helps to flash freeze some of it, it's an ice storm versus a shot of water. Not enough to fully combat it.

As he covers his face best he can, his arms become stiff and cold, as he snatches Sushi, and leaps to the bottom of the lighthouse to avoid what he can. He didn't climb high enough for it to hurt, and as he tucks and rolls, he lands with Sushi on his lap.

"And you should have stayed in Kanto with Theo and the rest where you belong." He brushes himself off and gets up, glares at Jayden up above. Sushi is at the ready.

With a grin just like he did back then when his confidence got him into trouble, he stands recklessly tall. "You gonna come down here? Or do I have to drag you down here myself?" He cracks his knuckles. He's bluffing, because he's nowhere near what he was in Rocket, but that was the furthest thought from his mind. He doesn't show fear though. Theo beat that out of him.

The only thing on his mind was to survive. To keep all of his Pokémon and himself alive. To keep that Ampharos up there safe. And if he had to?

To kill his ex-best friend.

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,140 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
I See Red [M][VV]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2022 19:20:17 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]

"and you should have stayed in kanto with theo and the rest where you belong."

[break][break] "the rest? you used to be part of that."

[break][break] a cold blisters past, but it's hard to tell if it's from their pokemon's attacks or the conversation. it's all jayden can do to not be transported back in time, to a conversation that's long gone. the feelings of childhood youth, stacked upon years and years of moral agony and betrayal.

[break][break] "you betrayed us, ash."

[break][break] you betrayed me.

[break][break] those blood-red eyes flash again, except in a different direction. his duskull has moved, glowing white, as it tosses a WILL-O-WISP towards and his pokemon.

[break][break] jayden doesn't move from his perch, fists clenched and knuckles white.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break][break]

[newclass=".littlejay"]--accent:#955adf; } .littlejay { font:12px 'Roboto'; letter-spacing:.5px; border-radius:0px; padding:40px 50px 50px; border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px; } .littlejay b { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; } .littlejay i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .littlejay u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:0.5px; } .littlejay .ooc { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px; } .littlejay .ooc a { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:lowercase; } .littlejay img { filter:grayscale(100%); [/newclass]
[newclass=".jaytop"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323; border-radius:5px; } .jaytop img { filter:grayscale(20%); padding-top:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
I See Red [M][VV]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2022 7:23:47 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
I can't do it.

Ashley knew it. He couldn't pull it off. He had... weird, mixed feelings unearthed from the pit of his heart. Jayden looked terrible, standing like a demon from his perch above. A paralysis demon would be a mercy, but this one was bonafide and in the flesh. The demon of regret. He speaks exactly like a recurring nightmare Ash had woken from time and time again. Is this what all the suffering he incured led to? He realizes he didn't save Jayden, because the man that stood before him was beyond that. As his chill and rigor prepares Ashley's nigh arrhythmic heart, he looks at Jayden with shaken resolve.

Jayden's out to kill. Which means it's that same feeling from years ago. Him or me. He contemplates resigning to fate.

When the Will-O-Wisp fires, he looks to Sushi. "GO." Ashley chases up towards Jayden, throwing another Pokeball out as the duo run up the stairs. With the flight of the bird, Bullet takes the scene as Ashley closes tries to close the distance. "Bullet!" He feels the Will-O-Wisp burn his arm, as he protects Sushi, his shirt burning as he can feel the fire scorch him. "Window!" The bird, panicked, attempts to WHIRLWIND Jayden out the window. He could only hope it worked.

His arm burned, but to protect his family, he would let the burns hit him over Sushi. His body already hated him, but this was penance. He deserved it. He keeps running up the stairs towards Jayden. His heart is beating so hard, he doesn't know how it will end.

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,140 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
I See Red [M][VV]
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2022 19:01:56 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]

jayden doesn't feel. it's a common sentiment upon many rockets, he is sure, that have known him. after all, his quiet demeanor and stoic impression is one that has stood the test of time. whether it's baseless rumor or truth, jayden has never spoken up on the claims — he could be very much like the ghosts that he held dear.

[break][break] yet when jayden looked down at , his gaze was full of brimstone and ash.

[break][break] as the spiral of whirlwind edges towards him, he moves. jayden darts to the side, just out of the breath of the attack. the wind still ripples past him, threatening to throw him out of the window. "chernobog!" he calls, and the duskull appears at his side. a SHADOW SNEAKS across the ground, sneaking across the ground before tangling around 's shoes, attempting to immobilize him into place.

[break][break] unclipping another pokeball from his belt, he calls out his golett. "earthquake!"

[break][break] materializing beside him, timofey grips the rubble beneath him and slams down his fists, attempting to rock their opponents off their feet.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
I See Red [M][VV]
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2022 2:46:20 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
Every pound of his heart resonates within, every beat heard in his hear as he got closer, and closer. When Bullet didn't pull it off with Jayden moving, Ashley got every bit closer. If he could get to his destination, he could... could what? What could he do? He needed to not be all talk, he needed to beat Jayden's ass, but trepidation claims the heart, and his soul burned from the idea of doing it all over again.

Leaving him with another wound... how cruel could life be that this had to happen? As he pulled his fist back, his silver eyes attempted to look fierce. And as he pulled back his arm, he froze; not because he wanted to.

No. The Duskull froze him in place, keeping him still as a Golett popped out next, smashing into the ground. Just as intended, Ashley feels himself fall down, as he rolls backwards, wanging his head right into the stonework behind him. It wasn't enough to kill, certainly not, but it was enough to cause double vision.

Shit... he was bleeding.

"Sushi. Bullet." He thinks, but strategy isn't coming easy. Fuck, he really hit his head, he needed to think two steps ahead of Jayden. If he got Ashley off his feet... Ashley would do the same.

"SURF. WHIRLWIND." As Sushi threw his maw wide open, he began to utilize the water from the heavy rain outside to flood through the windows. Meanwhile, Bullet sat herself at a spot just above the water wave to push Jayden off his own feet. If that succeeded, Ashley would at least level the playing field.

Fuck... his ears were ringing. He was fading. Even as he got up, his legs were trembling.

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,140 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
I See Red [M][VV]
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2022 6:34:01 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]

there are many things that jayden fears. his father, his mother. his brother. his superiors, people such as or . fearing someone like is not one of them.

[break][break] yet when his ex-best-friend pulls a fist at him, only freezing at the moment of contact. there is something that darts in his dark eyes — the beat of bird wings against an incoming storm.

[break][break] before he can think another thought, there is the roar of wind and water as the surf crashes through the windows. jayden's feet slip from under him as he is caught in a tornado of water, not unlike that of kyogre's storm during the sootopolis takeover. his heart lurches then in a terrifying way, memories of his past unlocked in a brief fit of panic.

[break][break] as he crashes down the stairs, his hands grab fistfuls of 's chest, or what he can grab in the whirlpool. the surf crashes like a wave all around them, and even with the blood that drips down jayden's skull, his eyes are blazed as they grip onto ashley. knees propped on either side of him. his lungs feel like they're about to burst.

[break][break] "ash. why did you come back?"

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
I See Red [M][VV]
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2022 7:00:30 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
When Jayden ends up crashing down the stairs, for a moment, Ash thinks he's done it. But Jayden is able to snatch at his shirt, and unfortunately for him with that hit he took recently, his footing is off. Ashley begins the tumble, and follows suits, only crashing a few feet away from Jayden, his head once again victim to the stonework of the lighthouse. His hair is drenched, his shirt is slightly torn, and he can taste iron.

How the hell was Ashley still alive? He could hardly breathe. But that ringing in his ears muffled Jayden's words. It was barely audible.

Fuck.

"I didn't-" He was gasping for oxygen to fill his lungs, but that task was hard. Bullet flew downwards, eyeing Jayden from above, prepared to strike. Sushi did the same, coming between the duo, angry Slowpoke eyes. "-you came here." he ends, unable to say much to anything else for the moment.

He can't get up. Arceus dammit. Did he twist his ankle? If Jayden could, that was going to be it. So he does what he has to do. Ashley through sheer force of will pulls himself to his feet using the stone wall as support. The pain in his right ankle is severe. It's like little needles are prickling right at the side of his foot, and if he's lucky, it wouldn't snap.

"Why-" he's taking in all the air his lungs can get "-is Rocket-" everything is so dizzy, he is sure he is seeing triple vision "-in Hoenn?"

Stay awake, dammit. Stay the fuck awake. Don't you dare fall unconscious. Until he kills you, don't you dare close your eyes. His head is on fire. He can't win this fight, and he knows it. He's accepting that. The window nearby might be his only chance to get out of this alive

Can he even make it?

[newclass=".sawyer i"]color:#DC143C; font-style:italic; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,140 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
I See Red [M][VV]
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2022 7:21:41 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]

it's not what he means.

[break][break] why are you here? in my life? why are you here? why are you making me do this? why are you here? again?

[break][break] but he's never been good with words.

[break][break] at the top of the stares, somehow miraculously making through the torrential downpour of their opponents' attacks, stand both chernobog and timofey. the duskull flares with life as yet another BLIZZARD formulates around the ghost-type. this one forms into an ice-dagger that sings towards the bird.

[break][break] timofey stomps down the stares, arms flaring out behind him, as he aims a SHADOW PUNCH at the slowpoke.

[break][break] the humans seemed subdued — but they were still rockets. rockets vs. the league.

[break][break] battles didn't stop just because of feelings.

[break][break] "we've been in hoenn for years," he says. a dagger finds it's way into his hand, eyes blazing as his fingers wrap around the knife. the other climbs up to the other's neck, but not enough choke.

[break][break] he shudders.

[break][break] "you could have stayed away. you should have stayed away."

[break][break] 'i don't want to kill you.'

[break][break] "you betrayed us. betrayed me."

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break][break]

[newclass=".jaytop"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323; border-radius:5px; } .jaytop img { filter:grayscale(20%); padding-top:0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
I See Red [M][VV]
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2022 7:39:24 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
Ash can't even focus anymore... but when hears Bullet crying as ice daggers slash through her wings, his eyes focus enough to see her fall into the stone floor. "No..." Like clockwork, there goes Sushi as well, slammed into the wall with a Shadow Punch.

Why can't... I move my legs... He had overestimated his resolve, to such a degree that all he could do was stand, and watch with triple-vision as Jayden drew the blade. Gritted teeth, he shakes.

"I know."

He says it back. He echoes that mantra. Betrayal. It was something Ash knew well, because he dug the dagger in Jayden. This was virtue's last reward for not finishing the job. He should have... he can't focus anymore. Bullet is crying on the ground nearby. Sushi is attempting to get on all fours to fight a two-on-one. Ashley submits in defeat. As his nigh-unconscious eyes gaze at Jayden, he shoots him a warm smile.

"Glad I could see you one more time... Jay."

It's going to be okay.

I deserve this.

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,140 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
I See Red [M][VV]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2022 15:31:45 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]

kill him.

[break][break] he can hear his father's word as clearly as day, like blood gushing through his ears. the blood-scarlet gaze of one dmitri volkov bearing down on him in a ghost of a shadow — imposing, threatening, unbearable.

[break][break] 'kill him,' it says. 'it's your duty, mischa.'

[break][break] 'you have to do it. for rocket, for me. you don't want to disappoint us, do you?'

[break][break] "i trusted you."

[break][break] it's a plea for help, as there is any.

[break][break] dmitri had never liked . probably thought he was too idealistic and brave for his soft and moldable son. he made as much clear to his wife, in the closed-quiet corners of their house, where they thought a young mischa couldn't listen. 'a bad influence,' he would say — ironic, given himself, and the people he allowed his son to be acquainted with.

[break][break] , who would teach jayden things like courage and bravery and love.

[break][break] in the whistling quiet of the lighthouse, drenched head-to-toe in betrayal and hurt and a post-mortem surf attack, jayden trembles above one . it's been years since he's hesitated over a kill, years, and yet —

[break][break] he hesitates.

[break][break] the dagger falls.

[break][break] but instead of descending into pale flesh, it clatters to the ground in defeat just as a BLIZZARD cloaks around his duskull and his golett pulls his arm back in a DYNAMIC PUNCH. it crashes into the slowpoke without mercy — where jayden may hesitate, timofey doesn't. he is a pokemon born and bred in rocket, a robot without the feelings that consume a young mischa still fluttering like a baby-bird in the chest of the seasoned .

[break][break] hearing the finality of the punch and the sound of a dagger clattering to the floor, jayden stands up in alarm, as if being pulled out of a trance. he breaths in sharply — shit — as he suddenly recalls both his pokemon.

[break][break] blood pools the ground from where timofey is left, and jayden whistles for his dragapult to come sailing through the sky and teleporting him away with a PHANTOM FORCE.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break][break]

[newclass=".jaytop"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323; border-radius:5px; } .jaytop img { filter:grayscale(20%); padding-top:0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
I See Red [M][VV]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2022 20:40:53 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
Everything Jayden had said wasn't wrong. Ashley fucked up royally. He left Jayden with a wound, left Rocket without looking back, and he fled to Hoenn to get away from it all. A chapter to close in his life. It was supposed to be easy.

Supposed to be easy.

The clatter of steel hits the floor, hesitation the true victor of today. Hesitation to kill Jayden back then. Hesitation to kill Ashley now. Cold washes over him. Why... was he hesitating now? No. Nononono. What was that cold feeling? The sound of a punch was all he heard, and then-

Ashley's eyes shifted, as he felt himself drop soon after to the floor. His legs were weak. Everything is spinning. Jayden is gone now. With a groan, Ashley is laying there at the bottom of the lighthouse. His body is drenched, his eyes searching frantically in dizzied condition. Bullet was down, hardly able to pick herself up.

Wait.

"Sushi?"

Then he realizes what Jayden had done. Jayden had done something worse than kill Ashley, he had taken it out on an innocent. With a twisted ankle, there is little to be done but crawl. He can't stand, he's far too dizzy to, but he crawls, limping as he moves towards it. The scarlet pool upon the floor. His arms are coated in blood, his silver eyes taking every single detail in. To remember this day. As he cradles the body of his salamander, he holds Sushi close. Every tear that falls from his face is on the face of the little Slowpoke. But Sushi cannot hear it.

The weeping scream echoes through the lighthouse. The only thing left he could do for him now. Sushi had breathed his last to protect Ash. Another part of Ashley's past that would haunt him for months and months to come.