saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,115 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
DILIGENCE
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2022 4:35:29 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[googlefont=Fira+Sans|Playfair+Display]
[attr="class","aaa"]"are you ready, eva?"

leaves rifle in the strong winds that set the tone of the day to come; a day that in his opinion—and his opinion is never wrong—has been long overdue.

"don't hold back," he begins, cracking open pokeballs to call out his choices.

the urshifu and shaymin seem like an unlikely pair with questionable synergy. how will they fare today?

"show us what you've got!"

i'm like a titan that's rising, rising

[newclass=.aaa b]color:#8e747d;font-family:playfair display;font-size:12px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
DILIGENCE
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2022 13:58:03 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[newclass=.icon]display: inline-block[/newclass][newclass=.icon img]width: inherit; height: inherit; max-width: inherit; max-height: inherit; min-width: inherit; min-height: inherit; border-radius: inherit;[/newclass][nospaces]
[attr="class","evaa"]
[attr="class","pkmnBar"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

It’s far overdue, but there are about 10 other things Eva should be doing other than battling at the moment. You know, with Hoenn’s existence on the line? Any other time, she’d be thrilled, at the moment she’s just mildly annoyed and is anxious to get this over with and get back to work.

[break][break]

Perhaps that’s why she frowns when Matias releases his pokemon. Her gaze lingers a bit longer on the Urshifu, her stomach twisting at the unpleasant memories of her encounter with . Perhaps it is for the best.

[break][break]

“Ready!” she expands two pokeballs in her fists. Her own chosen pair enter the field. Another unlikely pair mirroring Matias’s choices. The peppy Oricorio tweets happily and settles on the Machamp’s shoulder. Syah is not pleased to see the Urshifu, her own insecurities fro her failures tickling the surface of her confidence.

[break][break]

“It’s alright Syah, this is just practice,” she pats the Machamp’s wide shoulders and offer her long tie companion a comforting smile, “Work together and it’s not all about strength,” she gives the Oricoro a little chin scratch and it ruffles its feathers.

[break][break]

“Alright, let’s go!” A TAILWIND whips up behind the pair as Syah smacks and rubs her four hands together, BULKING UP in preparation to face her opponents.

[attr="class","ooc"]

+

[newclass=".evaa"]--accent:#a9d39d; --speech:#a9d39d;[/newclass]

[newclass=".evaa"]width:500px; margin:0px auto; background:#111; padding-bottom:10px; border:1px solid #232323; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .top"]height:350px; background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/q1Q4tR4/image.png); background-size:cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main"]font:12px 'Roboto'; color:#fff; text-align:justify; padding:25px 30px 30px 30px; border:1px solid var(--accent); margin:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main::first-line"]color:var(--accent); font:italic 12px/13px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main b"]color:var(--speech); font:bold 12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main i"]color:var(--speech);[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .pkmnBar"]background:#111111; text-align:center; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); padding-bottom:10px; border-bottom:1px solid #848484;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .pkmnBar img"]filter:grayscale(100%); width:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .pkmnBar img:hover"]filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .ooc"]background:#171717; border-top:1px solid var(--accent); margin-top:20px; padding:20px; font:9px 'Roboto Mono';[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Montserrat|Roboto+Mono|Poppins]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,115 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
DILIGENCE
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2022 9:58:04 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","aaa"]her annoyance is seen, recognized, and understood, but training and making sure she's more able to defend herself has jumped up to the top of his list of priorities. who knows when she'll get attacked next?

or him?

"interesting choices."

shame it's not her gallade. he would've loved to have given blade a beating.

TAILWIND blows, flowing past him as he stands firm.

"pretend i'm the enemy."

rocket. even though it's just roleplay, the very idea of associating with them disgusts him. little does he know.

they take an aggressive approach. shaymin produces a SEED FLARE before passing it over to urshifu who carries it like a football. urshifu surges forward, throwing the SEED FLARE at machamp before closing in to throw SURGING STRIKES on machamp as well.

[newclass=.aaa b]color:#8e747d;font-family:playfair display;font-size:12px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
DILIGENCE
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2022 13:17:18 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[newclass=.icon]display: inline-block[/newclass][newclass=.icon img]width: inherit; height: inherit; max-width: inherit; max-height: inherit; min-width: inherit; min-height: inherit; border-radius: inherit;[/newclass][nospaces]
[attr="class","evaa"]
[attr="class","pkmnBar"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

It may be ‘just practice’ as Eva had told Syah, but the power of the Urshifu is all too real. Alread, the Machamp is racking her brain to ways to counter the foreign pokemon. It’s speed, power, and ability made it a dangerous opponent.

[break][break]

Even with a TAILWIND at her back, the opponent is faster than her. Syah struggles to erect a WIDE GUARD in time to protect them from the Seed Flare. As the Urshifu moves through the barrier to strike, the Oricorio squawks, fluttering off of the Machamp’s back while Syah raises her arms and fists to protect her head and core.

[break][break]

Bella flutters over the Urshifu, wiggling her body in a way that showered sticky feathers over the other fighting type to attempt to lower its Attack power and give Syah a bit of an upper hand.

[break][break]

The Machamp does her best to block the SURGING STRIKES by shifting her body to keep them from striking her vulnerable core. They all cause a series of aches but the last one makes it through, causing the Machamp to buckle against the pain.

[break][break]

With the Urshifu so close, Syah takes the opportunity to strike with CROSS CHOP, both sets of arms rising overhead before coming down quick towards the Urshifu.

[attr="class","ooc"]

+ [break]
Bella uses FEATHER DANCE[break]
Syah Uses WIDE GUARD, is hit with SURGING STRIKES, retaliates with CROSS CHOP

[newclass=".evaa"]width:500px; margin:0px auto; background:#111; padding-bottom:10px; border:1px solid #232323; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .top"]height:350px; background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/q1Q4tR4/image.png); background-size:cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main"]font:12px 'Roboto'; color:#fff; text-align:justify; padding:25px 30px 30px 30px; border:1px solid var(--accent); margin:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main::first-line"]color:var(--accent); font:italic 12px/13px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main b"]color:var(--speech); font:bold 12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .pkmnBar"]background:#111111; text-align:center; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); padding-bottom:10px; border-bottom:1px solid #848484;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .pkmnBar img:hover"]filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .ooc"]background:#171717; border-top:1px solid var(--accent); margin-top:20px; padding:20px; font:9px 'Roboto Mono';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,115 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
DILIGENCE
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2022 9:40:48 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","aaa"]so close to each other, there's no other choice for urshifu but to engage in CLOSE COMBAT. it takes the CROSS CHOP by bringing its arms up to catch the blunt of the blow, tensing under the sheer impact. but it's quick to counter, arms twisting before holding the machamp in place.

from the side, an AIR SLASH comes ripping through, sent by a feisty little shaymin.

matias watches the battle, analyzing it as best he can.

"can't play defensive for too long, eva."

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
DILIGENCE
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2022 7:38:28 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","evaa"]
[attr="class","pkmnBar"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

Cross chop strikes, but as expect, the Urshifu is quick to retaliate with something even more powerful. The previous FEATHER DANCE helps soften the blow but the pokemon’s power is still impressive.

[break][break]

Defense, support, that was her training. She’s a healer, not a fighter, “I know, I won’t, just buttering you up a bit,” she teases with a small smile, lacing her fingers behind her back and shifting back and forth on her toes.

[break][break]

Shaymin’s Air Cutter is intercepted by a flash of pink as the Oricorio swoops down from its perch above the Machamp. She dives to take the AIR CUTTER on behalf of the Machamp. The sharp wind buffets strongly against her plumage but it doesn’t deter her from sending a return AIR CUTTER towards the Shaymin.

[break][break]

With a burst of power, the Machamp’s four arms push outward, breaking free of Urshifu’s hold. With a deep breath, she pushes forward, fists clenched and striking with DYNAMIC PUNCH

[attr="class","ooc"]

+ [break]
+ Syah is hit with Close Combat [break]
+ Syah uses DYNAMIC PUNCH [break]
+ Bella intercepts the Air Cutter[break]
+ Bella uses AIR CUTTER on Shaymin

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,115 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
DILIGENCE
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2022 9:03:52 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","aaa"]defense will only work for so long until she gets overwhelmed which is what he assumes happened to her on those occasions. so, doing his best to mirror them without the actual risk of hurting her, he pushes.

"STAY ON IT."

shaymin's size and speed come into play as it darts away from the AIR SLASH that hits the ground instead, scattering dirt.

DETECT stops the DYNAMIC PUNCH from connecting. with raised arms, urshifu tanks the impact, holding in place for shaymin to loop around with another AIR SLASH on machamp.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
DILIGENCE
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2022 2:54:18 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","evaa"]
[attr="class","pkmnBar"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

Matias’s pokemon keep the pressure on. Despite Syah’s attempt to put space between them, the Detect allows the Urishifu to keep the upper hand. The Machamp is caught in place which makes the Shaymin’s redirection and another AIR SLASH successful.

[break][break]

The buffeting winds make the fighting-type lurch opposite of them as the sharp pain sets in. Space. She needs space. Her arms rise again to launch another DYNAIMIC PUNCH to put space between her and the Urshifu so she can regroup and reassess. Plus, it will give Bella time to distract the Shaymin.

[break][break]

The Oricorio wastes no time chasing after the Shaymin, rising above the two fighting-types with a flutter of her wings. They shoot forward to send an AIR SLASH towards the Shaymin while its focus is on Syah.

[attr="class","ooc"]

+ [break]
+ Syah uses another DYNAMIC PUNCH to try and put space between them[break]
+ Syah is hit with AIR SLASH[break]
+ Bella uses the opportunity to send an AIR SLASH towards Shaymin

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,115 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
DILIGENCE
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2022 7:41:37 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","aaa"]this time, the DYNAMIC PUNCH connects. the blow connects against urshifu's chest that sends it skidding back, likely creating enough space for machamp to recover.

"TURN."

grunting, urshifu twists and leaps into the air to meet the oricorio with SURGING STRIKES while it's distracted.

AIR SLASH cuts across shaymin's back. after a small pip, shaymin turns to send an AIR SLASH right back at the bird.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
DILIGENCE
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2022 14:32:17 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","evaa"]
[attr="class","pkmnBar"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

Finally, Syah gets some space. The strike forces the Urshifu back. She can reassess and reset, “Nice hit, Syah!” Eva encourages from the background, “You too, Bella!” she repeats after the Air Slash finds purchase.

[break][break]

The Urshifu turns and leaps into the air. It’s almost too good to be true. Is this a trap? Regardless, Syah takes the opportunity to strike the Urshifu with a powerful CROSS CHOP, leaping to meet it as it fires of Surging Strike.

[break][break]

Bella squawks in surprise at the Urshifu’s sudden turn and strike. Dip, dive, smack!

[break][break]

A strike smacks the Oricorio to the ground, shortly followed by an Air Slash from the Shaymin. There’s a little hesitation as the Oricorio rises back to her feet. She does what she does best afterwards and dances. She moves and flutters in place, sending out a powerful set of pulses towards the Shaymin with REVELATION DANCE.

[attr="class","ooc"]

+ [break]
+ Bella is hit with SURGING STRIKES [break]
+ Syah Strikes with CROSS CHOP at Urshifu
+ Bella is hit by AIR SLASH[break]
+ Bella retaliates with REVELATION DANCE at the Shaymin

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,115 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
DILIGENCE
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2022 7:49:30 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","aaa"]matias doesn't offer nearly the same amount of reassurance for his pokemon as she does hers. this is what they're trained for: battling and surviving. and if they can't do that? then he's failed as a trainer.

unlikely.

he watches the CROSS CHOP connect, landing with a firm thud. urshifu grunts only to turn back to throw an uppercut that just misses. but it was never meant to hit.

a strong rush of wind carries, summoning a SPRINGTIDE STORM that wraps around the machamp.

even from afar and even through the pain of REVELATION DANCE, shaymin assists, mixing LEAVES into the STORM that look to cut the machamp.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
DILIGENCE
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2022 13:52:42 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","evaa"]
[attr="class","pkmnBar"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

Urshifu surprises both Eva and Syah with the use of SPRINGTIDE STORM the doctor had forgotten that the new attack was given to the fighting-type. It’s only something she has seen used in passing by Blade, not in battle yet.

[break][break]

There’s not much the Machamp can do while being accosted by both SPRINGTIDE STORM and LEAF STORM. It’s a strange, but effective, combination. Both fae energy and sharp leaves strike the pokemon’s pale blue skin, leaving divots of red.

[break][break]

Eva winces, subconsciously running her fingers over her arms. The remnants of her last encounter with the Rocket Wolf as nearly invisible, fully healed aside from a few of the deeper cuts that will remain as scars, but the trauma lingers.

[break][break]

Bella takes it into her own hands to try and take some of the burden off Syah. A careful study of the Springtide Storm allows her to whip up one of her own using MIRROR MOVE. The Oricorio sends it towards the Urshifu with a few beats of her pinks wings.

[attr="class","ooc"]

+ [break]
+ Syah is trapped in a SPRINGTIDE LEAF STORM[break]
+ Bella uses MIRROR MOVE to copy SPRINGTIDE STORM and send it back towards the Urshifu

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,115 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
DILIGENCE
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2022 14:26:00 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","aaa"]the brief interlude where SPRINGTIDE STORM and LEAF STORM surround the machamp allows matias to peer past it to focus on eva. he gauges her reaction, her demeanor, and sees the subtle anxiety rising to the surface.

but this is needed, he tells himself.

a MIRRORED SPRINGTIDE STORM flies towards urshifu who faces it straight on. it digs its feet into the earth to steel itself only to lunge forward moments later, sending SURGING STRIKES at the oricorio.

shaymin, on the other hand, plays it coy with a SWEET KISS on machamp.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
DILIGENCE
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2022 6:09:46 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","evaa"]
[attr="class","pkmnBar"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

A Springtide Storm surges forward, buffeting the Urshifu and giving it a taste of it’s own medicine. The Oricorio’s version is likely not as strong as the real deal but it seems to do it’s job.

[break][break]

Urshifu holds up nicely against the storm. Eventually, it breaks through with SURGING STRIKES that force the Oricorio to dive towards the ground then flip to the right to dodge the oncoming attacks. Unfortunately, fatigue catches up with her, and a moment of hesitation proves critical as she squawks when struck and hits the ground with a thud.

[break][break]

The Machamp lunges forward take advantage of the distracted Urshifu but is STUNNED by the Shaymin’s SWEET KISS. She blinks, staggering back as her brows crease and she casts a strange look towards the Shaymin.

[break][break]

“Ooohhh shoot,” Eva huffs beneath her breath, the concern on her face growing sharper and her anxiety manifesting in the nervous tap of her fingers against her hips.

[break][break]

Bella flutters up to Syah’s shoulder and ROOSTS there for protection as she recuperates.

[attr="class","ooc"]

+ [break]
+ Bella struck by SURGING STIKES[break]
+ Syah gets CONFUSED[break]
+ Bella settles on Syah’s shoulder to ROOST

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,115 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
DILIGENCE
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2022 8:19:37 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","aaa"]someone else might've relented slightly to give eva's pokemon a chance to recover but this is meant to be a simulation of a real life fight. so even at the sight of a CONFUSED machamp and a ROOSTING oricorio, matias' pokemon advances.

SEED FLARE explodes against machamp before urshifu's CLOSE COMBAT that looks to take the machamp out.

"it's looking real rough."