part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
BARRIER
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2022 23:01:16 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

BARRIER

A DISCUSSION ON CURRENT EVENTS

CONFIRMED THAT THE RANGERS haven’t found any vulnerabilities in the barrier. which means they're trapped. expected but disappointing nonetheless.

the entirety of the ranger corps is enough manpower to sate fernando’s need to explore further. to push them beyond that, in light of recent events, is nothing short of futile. a waste of time. something that he, before anyone else, understands.

so that leaves him one option: and .

he opts for the former for multiple reason. and, surprisingly, his distaste for her colleague isn’t the driving factor. it’s the fact that she’s in and her office is closer.

after plans are made and calls are finished, fernando leaves to her own devices. “i’ll be fine,” he lies to her before hobbling off.

any insistence otherwise is met with a temper that is not to be tested. the same temper that pushes him down the hall as he fumbles between crutches and an ill-fitted sling.

morales,” he announces himself at the entrance of the lab.

his pair of meowstic stand behind him. one carries his bag. the other just stands there.

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
BARRIER
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2022 23:15:00 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[newclass=.icon]display: inline-block[/newclass][newclass=.icon img]width: inherit; height: inherit; max-width: inherit; max-height: inherit; min-width: inherit; min-height: inherit; border-radius: inherit;[/newclass][nospaces]
[attr="class","evaa"]
[attr="class","pkmnBar"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

It’s terrifying, being trapped. That seemed to something occurring far too often for Eva recently.

[break][break]

Trapped in the clutches of .

[break][break]

Trapped in the briar-like cage of .

[break][break]

Now, they’re all trapped in their own region. No in, no out. The population is panicking – as they should. Soothing words of The League make no difference. Toilet paper among other commodities is scarce – good thing she uses a bidet.

[break][break]

She’s leaned forward on her desk, chin in the palm of her hand, starting at the rotating Unown in front of her.

[break][break]

She’s missing something.

[break][break]

Fernando’s appearance is sudden and unexpected. She was sitting in her office, contemplating the dome she ahs just finished inspecting. She’s sweaty, tired, and sunburnt form the long excursion. It’s a long way out to the edges of Hoenn. No matter what she tried she found nothing but failure. The source? Still unknown.

[break][break]

“Silph,” she smiles, leaning back in her chair. Her emerald gaze scans him quickly, lips pulled tight at the grim reminder of the darkness that plagues Hoenn, “What can I do for ya?”

[attr="class","ooc"]

+

[newclass=".evaa"]--accent:#a9d39d; --speech:#a9d39d;[/newclass]

[newclass=".evaa"]width:500px; margin:0px auto; background:#111; padding-bottom:10px; border:1px solid #232323; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .top"]height:350px; background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/q1Q4tR4/image.png); background-size:cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main"]font:12px 'Roboto'; color:#fff; text-align:justify; padding:25px 30px 30px 30px; border:1px solid var(--accent); margin:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main::first-line"]color:var(--accent); font:italic 12px/13px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main b"]color:var(--speech); font:bold 12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main i"]color:var(--speech);[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .pkmnBar"]background:#111111; text-align:center; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); padding-bottom:10px; border-bottom:1px solid #848484;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .pkmnBar img"]filter:grayscale(100%); width:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .pkmnBar img:hover"]filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .ooc"]background:#171717; border-top:1px solid var(--accent); margin-top:20px; padding:20px; font:9px 'Roboto Mono';[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Montserrat|Roboto+Mono|Poppins]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
BARRIER
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2022 23:24:27 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

BARRIER

“TWO THINGS.”

he cuts straight to the point. their time is limited and dancing around the subject accomplishes nothing. it’s a race against a doomsday clock chocked full of surprises.

how are you?

ironic considering his condition.

wanted to check in and make sure you’re doing okay. it’s a stressful time.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
BARRIER
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2022 0:10:14 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[newclass=.icon]display: inline-block[/newclass][newclass=.icon img]width: inherit; height: inherit; max-width: inherit; max-height: inherit; min-width: inherit; min-height: inherit; border-radius: inherit;[/newclass][nospaces]
[attr="class","evaa"]
[attr="class","pkmnBar"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

How is she?

[break][break]

Eva angles a brow up, her smile growing a bit wider. Yes, considering his state, she should be asking him that – and she will.

[break][break]

“I’m fine, busy, but we all are . . . How are you, Fernando?” there’s sincerity in her words and the depth of a doctor probing a patient for more information. This wasn’t about that though, she wouldn’t be his first call. She lifts her hands, dismissing the Unown which zooms off past Fernando to join the others.

[attr="class","ooc"]

+

[newclass=".evaa"]width:500px; margin:0px auto; background:#111; padding-bottom:10px; border:1px solid #232323; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .top"]height:350px; background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/q1Q4tR4/image.png); background-size:cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main"]font:12px 'Roboto'; color:#fff; text-align:justify; padding:25px 30px 30px 30px; border:1px solid var(--accent); margin:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main::first-line"]color:var(--accent); font:italic 12px/13px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main b"]color:var(--speech); font:bold 12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .pkmnBar"]background:#111111; text-align:center; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); padding-bottom:10px; border-bottom:1px solid #848484;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .pkmnBar img:hover"]filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .ooc"]background:#171717; border-top:1px solid var(--accent); margin-top:20px; padding:20px; font:9px 'Roboto Mono';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
BARRIER
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2022 6:05:51 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

BARRIER

“GOOD ENOUGH TO GET BACK TO WORK.”

which, on the surface, seems true. the hospital was fine with releasing him as is. but whether that’s the correct decision, or even an ethical one, remains to be seen.

but i’m glad you’re doing okay. not enough of the world understands the importance of your work and how much you mean to us.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
BARRIER
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2022 16:45:08 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","evaa"]
[attr="class","pkmnBar"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

Good enough for the Doctors wasn’t always the right decision. They specialized in the physical. Just because the body is ready, does not mean the mind is too. Eva understands his tenacity, she has it too. It was maybe 24 hours after her encounter with that she was back at work. Was she ready? Probably not. But Hoenn needed her.

[break][break]

Intended or not, his praise draws a rosy blush from her cheeks, “The world doesn’t need to understand,” she leans back in her chair, getting more comfortable, she motions for him to take a seat if he wanted to, “I don’t do it for the fame or the praise,” her lips twitch into a half smirk, a little bit of a joke. Science isn’t sexy. If she wanted the fame, she would have carved a path to the Elite Four alongside her beau.

[attr="class","ooc"]

+

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
BARRIER
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2022 20:03:13 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

BARRIER

“PERHAPS.”

at her gesture, fernando sits. his seat is halfway down the spectrum of letting it go and arguing further. all things considered, he decides on the latter. not out of spite but for their own merit.

that’s a good mindset to have. an impeccable mental, if you will.

for her merit.

and, truthfully, that’s quite admirable. thank you, morales.

which is why he doesn’t smile.

but, there is more than fame or praise when it comes to understanding. criticism. outcry. both of those, when given a stage, can lead to action that can hamper your efforts.

which is why he checks up on her. why he doesn’t want another outburst from one of their head scientist.

putting too much faith in reyes had costed him a bishop. so now he looks for another.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
BARRIER
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2022 4:10:35 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","evaa"]
[attr="class","pkmnBar"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

When met with gratitude, she does what she does best: Dismiss it with a shrug of her shoulders and a soft smile, as if she incapable of absorbing it.

[break][break]

“Just doing my job,” No thanks necessary. She listens carefully as Fernando does raise a good point – and this is why he is a councilman, and she is a scientist. Even Matias had better training than her when it came to thinking about public opinion and perception. Scientists never really had to worry about any of that, most people didn’t listen anyway.

[break][break]

“Yeah,” she sighs, “I get your point,” after a moment of consideration she admits her naivety, “It shouldn’t be, but it’s hard to get people to care about science . . . it’s not as entertaining as battling.”

[break][break]

Her head tilts slightly as she inspects Fernando, “You seem to be able to get people to care though,” abut Silph Co. at least. But then again, gadgets were more interesting than her abstract concepts and ramblings.

[attr="class","ooc"]

+

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
BARRIER
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2022 4:29:34 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

BARRIER

“INDEED.”

he lets his arms rest on the table as if to steady his weight. his presence still holds some strength but his body is vulnerable. it struggles against his mortality.

but it irks me to say the league is not doing enough when i know just how much you’ve put in.

he smiles at her flattery.

because i appreciate them. which is why silph co. treats them with the prestige and honor they deserve. the same way i hope the league can treat you.

he lowers his head. bows despite the brace around his neck.

thank you for all your hard work doctor morales.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
BARRIER
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2022 4:45:36 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","evaa"]
[attr="class","pkmnBar"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

Awkward

[break][break]

Praise, recognition, gratitude – it makes her feel awkward. Undeserving. There’s still too many questions, too few answers, a meteor hurling towards them with a terrible solution, and a dome cutting them off from the world.

[break][break]

“Alright, now I just feel like you’re buttering me up for something, Fernando,”she deflects and changes the subject, “I doubt the reason you came all this way was to say thank you. What’s on your mind?”

[attr="class","ooc"]

+

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
BARRIER
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2022 4:56:16 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

BARRIER

“ACTUALLY,” he corrects. “that’s half the reason.

his head rises and he brandishes a small smile between the two of them.

in light of recent events, and the constant hum of ‘the league does not do enough’, i find it appropriate to give recognition for those who work tirelessly for the region.

he takes one from ’s playbook. plagiarizing her before the inevitable house cleaning.

sometimes, acknowledgement can go a long way.

which brings him to the other reason. the more practical one that will fall more in-line with expectations.

and with that, i can also pick your brains about our newest issue.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
BARRIER
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2022 5:13:33 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","evaa"]
[attr="class","pkmnBar"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

“Ahhh, yes, half the reason,” she shifts in her seat to slump slightly, getting even more comfortable after her long day. It does little to soothe her aching body, though it is probably nothing compared to Fernando’s.

[break][break]

Eva glances towards the RotomPhone sleeping on her desk briefly when he mentions their most recent ‘issue’, “I don’t know how much there is to pick at but . . . I’ve always said more minds are better than one,” not a lie, Eva believes strongly in collaboration.

[break][break]

“I went and inspected it today,” she sighs, shaking her head, “It really is as impenetrable as the Rangers reported,” not that she didn’t trust their assessment, but she saw things differently as a Head Professor.

[attr="class","ooc"]

+

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
BARRIER
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2022 5:20:23 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

BARRIER

“HM.”

that’s fine. he had expected as much after the ranger’s report. for them to have missed an opening would have been miraculous. for fernando doesn’t not believe in half-assed opponents.

whoever, or whatever, this is, has come with a purpose.

any idea what it is?

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
BARRIER
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2022 6:12:12 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","evaa"]
[attr="class","pkmnBar"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

There’s always a purpose. The question is always why. Sometimes how, but that typically came after the ‘why’. Once a purpose could be deduced, a solution typically followed.

[break][break]

Why are they trapped? The assumptive answer is disturbing. They’re being caged and forced to await their fate, “It’s not Primal or Infinity in nature. It’s . . . something else,” Her psychic-type pokemon would have sensed it, they’ve been exposed enough, Eva has seen it enough. She wouldn’t miss it either.

[break][break]

Her gaze shifts up, purposefully looking up towards what lies beyond the ceilings of her Liliycove lab, “I tried to find a source but . . . there were no anomalies. It was all quite evenly distributed as far as I could tell,” her gaze moves back towards Fernando, “What do you think it is?”

[attr="class","ooc"]

+

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
BARRIER
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2022 6:26:02 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

BARRIER

“NO IDEA,” is as clear cut a statement as any.

fernando clicks his tongue. curses his fate. and draws a blank as he tries and at least formulate an idea.

just so he’s not here empty handed.

could be related to the space-time distortions.

is one option. their sudden appearance and lack of purpose makes them an obvious suspect. at least with the crystablooms, they can point to their root cause.

or an aftermath of what happened to sootopolis. to keep whatever that was out of hoenn.

a few reports of the DARKEST DAY have came across his desk. he hasn’t made sense of what truly happened but he’s started to bridge the pieces. rumor has it that whatever attacked them has fucked off somewhere in galar. at least that’s what the next HNN is supposed to publish.

or something unrelated altogether.

which, at this point, is equally likely.