awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
state visit [s][c]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2022 5:56:41 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

So he did promise a visit to the owner of the flower shop down at Petalburg after their little tussle over the Rowlet plushie at an archery contest held during one of the Ren Faires over at Fortree.

But he wasn’t going to be heading out there alone.

For he had a plan, and it was a rather ambitious one.

First off, he was carrying a rather large paper bag that had the exact same Rowlet plushie in it (he’d managed to find another one for himself since then) and in his free hand, he had a box that contained a selection of galaxy-designed macarons that were a combination of tart vanilla and orange flavors that he’d baked himself, among other things.

The next purpose of this was to ask her if she was open to actual archery lessons.

It didn’t take too long for him to find the actual flower shop, considering the place was very popular in the quiet little city, and so he pulled up with the two offerings in hand.

“H-hello?” he called out.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,351 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
state visit [s][c]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2022 15:42:10 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Vie en Rose
[break][break]
[break]
Elisabeth raised her head from where she had busied herself gathering an arrangement of daisies, startled at the familiar voice. A few moments passed as she attempted to place its memory, before she turned and saw in the doorway.

Without his princely finery, it took longer than Elisabeth would like to admit for recognition to dawn.

"Your Grace," she teased, arising from her seat to fall into a curtsey. "What brings you to my humble cottage?"

Then her green eyes fell upon the bag and box in his hands, and an eyebrow lifted, curious despite herself.

"I see you come bringing gifts. To what do I owe the pleasure?"

Genuine fondness rang in the words. For all their competitive bluster, the time they had spent at their archery competition was a pleasant one; if there was one thing Elisabeth could respect, it was a worthy rival in all things.

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
[newclass=".elisafont b"]color: #7bb661;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
state visit [s][c]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2022 18:28:11 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Your Majesty,” he greeted back with a bow, and this time there was this grin on his face. “Surprise to see you out of your royal garb,” he continued before holding back the giggle that had bubbled in the back of his throat.

“Fact of the matter is,” he continued once he was sure he had her attention—a subtle head-tilt in the direction of the box, mostly (because he was more than certain she would blow her top when she saw the contents of the paper bag) “…I did promise a visit to your humble abode, back then.”

Which he really did.

To be fair, she’d already been at Fortree, just not at the Sanctuary itself, so… he’d get around to that part later.

“Gifts aside, I really am serious with asking you for proper archery lessons. Not just the stuff done in movies.”

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,351 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
state visit [s][c]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2022 1:42:17 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Vie en Rose
[break][break]
[break]
Elisabeth was, despite herself, first and foremost a curious creature.

She peeked over at the bag like a Skitty might examine a new ball of yarn, only to be denied by 's careful guard. "You pique my interest, sir," the florist said, grinning back. "And if you want archery lessons, I suppose I could try... although, I don't know if I have any equipment around here?"

She pursed her lips, glancing about her little cottage before snapping her fingers.

"Oh that's right! I did rent a bow recently to practise for that competition in Fortree."

The woman was, if nothing else, frightfully competitive.

Elisabeth disappeared for a moment into the back before returning with the promised bow and a quiver of arrows, gesturing for Alexei to follow her to the back garden.

"What to use as a target..." she mused to herself, frowning.

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
state visit [s][c]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2022 18:10:35 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“What can you spare for a target?” he hummed, knowing that he had the woman’s attention now.

(He wasn’t going to reveal the contents of the paper bag, oh no, not yet. Absolutely not.)

“I would suggest something that’s easily…replaceable?” he tried, because even he was at a loss. And no, he was already thinking of not using any Leppa berries if there were any, because that would be absolutely wasteful.

At the sight of the bow and arrow, though, he knew that his magical BS’ery with archery (which was just mostly watching a certain superhero again and again in that entire multiverse of movies) wasn’t going to fly for very long, because here he was, about to receive actual, legitimate archery lessons from someone who knew their craft.

“I was thinking of either a bale of hay, or a… a sack of compost, but I know that’s expensive for you. The—the compost, I mean!” he added a few moments later as he let out an embarrassed chuckle.

“After you.”

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,351 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
state visit [s][c]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2022 18:23:00 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Vie en Rose
[break][break]
[break]
It was at this point that an impish idea took hold of Elisabeth.

"One moment," she sang out, finger lifted, as she ran to the back of her flower shop. Her Roselia peered out from the greenhouse, curious as the florist gathered a series of flowers and assorted leaves into her arms.

Splaying them out on the table, the blonde rushed off upstairs and returned with a green pillow, her expression positively devious as she began to prop the pillow up with the long stalks like a scarecrow, while petals and flower heads filled the interior; two long rose stems, one black and one purple, stuck out like arms on either side. On top of the makeshift mannequin, Elisabeth placed a green apple she grabbed from her kitchen counter, on top of which she sat a delicate rose.

It looked, suspiciously, very much like the Roselia who had begun spying on Elisabeth's little mission. And Primrose looked none too pleased at where her mistress seemed to be going with this.

"There we are," Elisabeth hummed, picking up the flowery dummy. "A perfect target. To the gardens, then."

In the fervor of her own smug self-satisfaction, she immediately found a perfect place in the back to prop this faux-Roselia against: a trellis of crawling rose vines.

"Take the bow and arrow in your hands," she instructed , "and let me see your stance."

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
state visit [s][c]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2022 18:51:44 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

He waited for her to get to her idea, watching and waiting as she ran off to do something in the back—of course he’d wait out front like a real gentleman—and eventually she returned with a makeshift effigy that looked suspiciously like—

“Don’t… don’t you have a Pokémon that looks exactly like this?” he remarked with a smirk at the sight of the Roselia—obviously an attempt at the shiny coloration was made—before they properly made their way outside.

Of course, he had to leave behind the box and the paper bag somewhere inside the flower shop. There was no way he was going to be able to shoot a bow with a full set of hands, right…

“Ah, one moment,” he remarked, blinking as he stretched his fingers out before hefting the bow up into his hold—suspiciously similar to the way a certain unmasked superhero did it.

He then adjusted his feet ever so slightly… making sure he was anchored as much as possible to the ground before pulling the string taut.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,351 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
state visit [s][c]
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2022 0:21:55 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Vie en Rose
[break][break]
[break]
To his concerns about her Roselia, Elisabeth airily waved a hand. "Primrose's vanity is the stuff of legends. She will manage a little bruising to her ego just fine."

Besides, it was the tiniest bit funny to see her glower so indignantly.

Elisabeth assessed thoughtfully, looking him up and down. "Feet should be shoulder length apart," she said, gently nudging him to the correct posture as she spoke. "And you'll want to be standing perpendicular to the target... All with the straightest posture you can manage, of course."

The altogether result was something like a T-shape, one that Alexei had mostly managed save for a few small corrections on her part.

How he held the bow and arrow itself, however, resulted in an approving smile on Elisabeth's lips. "You've done this before, I see," she teased, knowing firsthand how true that knowledge was. "Why don't you try aiming and seeing how the arrow flies?"

So saying, she stepped aside to seat herself in one of her outdoor bistro chairs, watching with rapt curiosity. A small audience of her garden Pokémon had gathered, her Vivillon and Butterfree each hovering on either side of her curiously.

Visible in the doorway, her Roselia was still sulking at the injustice of the dummy her mistress had so cruelly fashioned.

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
state visit [s][c]
POSTED ON Sept 22, 2022 14:50:40 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Thank fuck, at least, that the character he was copying had apparently taken legit archery lessons and he didn’t have to suffer through a lot of corrections—only slight ones, which he realized that may have differed due to the location of where said character usually started slinging arrows…

“It’s definitely harder to do this while running,” he said from his position as he held it for a few moments, squinting at the target of the obviously-shiny Roselia, unable to bite back a bit of laughter at the sight of the poor effigy.

“Much easier to—do this while standing still.”

But of course, he knew, that he’d need to learn how to do this while moving as well because—well, he wanted to have contingency plans just in case strange shit happened and he was alone—he wasn’t that much of a crack knife wielder, plus anything that usually spelled physical contact between him and whatever possible attacker was bad news so he figured—why not pick up something he could do from a distance?

“Here goes.”

After taking a deep breath and exhaling slowly, he let the arrow fly.

yzLfFOnW

lol, if it goes above 50 then it hits the body of the target. above 75? hits one of the ‘flower hands’. anything higher than 85? nicely done. if he ever lands anything above 95 well damn we got a Clint Barton wannabe here!

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,351 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
state visit [s][c]
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2022 4:24:48 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Vie en Rose
[break][break]
[break]
As the arrow clattered and fell, a strange rustling started up out of nowhere; turning around revealed the joyous dance of one Primrose, the Roselia gleefully twirling in place at the failure of the archer to meet his mark.

"That is very rude, Prim," Elisabeth sighed. "No one likes a sore winner."

The blonde then looked skyward, shielding her eyes as she did so with the tiniest frown. Wind tousled the strands of her blonde hair, whisking at her skirts.

"I think the weather can be blamed for that one," she said at last. "The wind isn't doing you any favors."

Elisabeth turned to look at him once more, nudging a foot back into place approvingly. She looked at his hands, the way the bow was pulled just-so, and smiled.

"I don't know if I can recommend running with a bow-and-arrow," she admitted, laughing, "and if you wish to, I can't say I'd have the expertise you need. My skill at hunting is very remedial in comparison."

Having said this, she crossed her arms, nodding.

"Try again. I think the winds are calming this time."

And so they continued into the evening, arrows whistling past into the target again and again.

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,782 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
state visit [s][c]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2023 3:05:04 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: