snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
moon & stars
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2022 3:12:59 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]the league's library is vast, full of dusty old books and knowledge.

and lately, it's been her favorite place.

she can hide here, away from prying eyes and crowded halls. it's peaceful, quiet, unbothered. and maybe, just maybe, she can find another piece of the puzzle she's unravelling in the pages.

her golurk stands off to the side, just outside the aisle she's browsing in. it's more a guardian than anything by now. always watching, always waiting for the other shoe to drop.

and it does... in a sense, just not as she expects.

it comes in the form of rounding yet another corner and running into . this time, she stops herself short of collision, head snapping to attention.

"oh," she gasps. there's surprise in her expression, as if she's not expecting another living soul to be here. "it's you."

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
she looks like, if you bit her, honey and milk would flow from her
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
moon & stars
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2022 2:36:24 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

It's an unfortunately rare occurrence to find in a library.[break][break]
To be fair, she has her own nerdy vices— volume upon volume of language dictionaries at her apartment that she reads just for fun. But extensive research has never been her forte. She's cute, but there's not much going on in that pretty, empty head of hers.[break][break]
But now she finds herself surrounded by tome after dusty tome, books stacked high in her arms and almost concealing her petite frame from view. She stumbles through the bookshelves in a daze, half asleep and unaware as she nearly runs into approaching from the opposite direction.[break][break]

"Whuh...?"[break][break]
Her gaze is vague and unfocused as she peers around her stack of books, but green eyes widen as soon as they land on Illeana's face.
"Oh! H-hello, Madame! Sorry..."[break][break]
Luka chews on her lip as it occurs to her that she hadn't actually asked permission to enter. Working alongside doesn't necessitate a foot in the door, does it?[break][break]
"It's not a problem for me to be here, is it?"

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","name"]luka chêne

[attr="class","subtxt"]I don't know anything with certainty,[break]
But the sight of the stars makes me dream

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Roboto+Mono|Montserrat|Robot+Mono|Poppins]
5y7t1tbV
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
moon & stars
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2022 0:25:05 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]her brows furrow into mild confusion.

why couldn't she be here? is the library restricted?

"shouldn't be," she retorts. her head tilts and red stares into green. "unless you're banned from the building for some reason?"

she doubts as much.

and with that, she turns her attention to the books in luka's arms. some are familiar, some not so much. one title along the spine of a tome draws her eyes in and she can't quite stop staring at it.

"are you researching something?"

from the looks of the titles in her arms, it would appear they have something in common that isn't a man.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
moon & stars
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2022 2:52:32 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
The only reason she might be banned from the library is if they require an IQ test. Luka flushes slightly and shakes her head, pink curls tumbling over her stack of books.[break][break]

"Sorry, um...no, I'm not! It's just, you know..." Her voice is soft but self-doubt lingers at the edges of each syllable, like an afterthought. "I just don't want to get in the way of people who really need to use the facility, that's all."[break][break]

She laughs softly, shifting the books in her arms and only vaguely noticing the way Illeana stares at a particular title.[break][break]

"Ehe, you caught me!" There's no reason for her to feel embarrassed and yet it creeps in anyways. Like a child being caught trying on her mother's heels, Luka can't help but feel self conscious about pretending to be something she's not. The studious type...eugh.[break][break]

"There's um...some pieces of Sinnoh mythology I was interested in," she explains needlessly. "I realized I'd only heard a lot of it from storybooks, so I wanted to look into things a little more."[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
moon & stars
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2022 4:57:33 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]her eyes travel around, taking in the empty spaces.

and eventually, she scoffs.

"trust me," she murmurs, attention turning back toward luka. "this place doesn't get that much use."

outside of and herself, anyway...

sinnoh mythology makes her pause. an eyebrow quickly raises. and despite herself, she looks overly interested with little information.

"which part of sinnoh mythology?"

is luka also studying the creation trio? palkia sisters?

"i've been looking into sinnoh myths myself. i might be able to help."

well...

"that is, if you don't mind?"

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
moon & stars
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2022 5:47:21 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
"Eh? Oh, um..."[break][break]

She finds herself taken aback by Illeana's interest in her studies. It's such a difference from their last meeting, where her very presence seemed to agitate the other woman. Luka's tentative smile widens.[break][break]

"The lunar duo, if you're familiar— ah, y-you must be though, if you're studying myths. Sorry! Um...I'm mostly researching Cresselia, though."[break][break]

Underneath her blouse, the Lunar Wing brushes against bare skin.[break][break]

"She's been special to me ever since I was a kid and, erm...w-well. I thought maybe she could help Hoenn out somehow, with everything going on."

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
moon & stars
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2022 4:01:47 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she listens quietly, eyes focused solely on luka.

the lunar duo...

she's familiar of the myths from her own childhood. stories of sweet dreams and terrible nightmares, two creatures on different sides of the same coin.

her smile widens a little.

"yes," she murmurs. "sinnoh's mythology is one i tend to focus a lot on. it's, uh, as close to home as i'll get nowadays."

not that she's necessarily bothered by that fact. hoenn's beginning to grow on her, after all. she does, however, still miss the quiet snow of snowpoint and waking up to the smell of evergreen trees.

"what do you have so far of cresselia?"

better yet...

"do you believe her to be in hoenn already?"

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
moon & stars
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2022 5:08:54 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
"Eh, really? I used to live there too, a long time ago..."[break][break]
It had only been a few years during the shuffle of her father's work, barely a blip amongst all the other places they'd traveled to.
Luka wants to pry, to ask the mundane but expected: oh, where are you from? When did you move? Do you miss it terribly?[break][break]
But she doesn't, because that might be rude and because they aren't that close, but Luka knows a thing or two about homesickness. She just smiles softly and gives Illeana a knowing look, one she hopes can convey the same tenuous camaraderie that she feels.[break][break]

There are more pressing issues at hand, of course. And Illeana cuts straight to the point.[break][break]"Erm, well..."[break][break]

Luka exhales and finally sets down her books. They'll be of no help to her right now. Pastel fingertips toy idly with the chain around her neck but she doesn't remove it from her blouse just yet.[break][break]

"Yes, I think. Maybe? I don't know..." What a poor answer. She swallows and tries again. "I saw her once, in Slateport. It was really just a glance...it might have been a hallucination, f-for all I know. But I feel like it was really her. This was...gosh, it would have been last year, now? And then, erm...I did see her again. But it wasn't in Hoenn."[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
moon & stars
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2022 23:57:41 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]a hum of mild interest escapes. a question follows a moment later.

"oh, really? what part?"

the knowing smile is appreciated but not quite returned. there's no longer an itching in her bones to discuss missing home. she's attached the feeling to people, the concept of a place fading into nothing.

she quiets down and allows for luka to speak. any questions she has come once the woman is finished.

"if you feel it in your bones... then believe and follow it through."

it's something she's adamant on. even if her persistence might be arrogant to many, she's certain in the path.

"not in hoenn?"

her head tilts to one side and she looks a little more confused than she'd like.

"where did you see her if it wasn't hoenn?"

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
moon & stars
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2022 5:54:59 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
In her bones. That kind of conviction is a tall order.[break][break]
Luka has never really known anything with certainty. And she rarely trusts herself. Her instincts are often wrong and her thoughts flit from place to place like butterflies that never settle. In her own way, she's trying to follow things through, but she has no idea where to begin.[break][break]

It's frustrating. It makes her feel so helpless. But the hunger with which Illeana had regarded her mythological textbooks makes Luka think the other woman can relate to her own insatiability.[break][break]

"No, um..." Teeth sink into her bottom lip and she tastes cherry lip balm. "It was, like..."[break][break]

Her trust is not difficult to win— that isn't the issue. Luka's only reluctant to explain the situation to Illeana because she herself can hardly parse what had happened. To an outsider, she might sound insane.[break][break]

"To be honest, I'm really not sure where it was. I mean...um. There's an island in some of the myths I've read, and that might be it. But I don't think...I mean. It wasn't in our world," she summarizes feebly. "Sorry...that doesn't make much sense, does it?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
moon & stars
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2022 23:44:51 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]there's a secret, almost knowing sort of expression to her face... as if she feels more validated the longer luka dives into an explanation. she finds a sense of kinship here in the dusty shelves surrounding them.

it's nice to believe she's not the only one chasing an unfounded myth, isn't it?

she allows luka to have full control of the conversation. there's no push for more, no interjection to add her own insight. she waits patiently, understanding and contemplative.

only when the woman is finished does she begin.

"it makes perfect sense to me. there's a lot of things in existence that don't always sound possible... it doesn't make them any less real. besides, nothing can really surprise me anymore after cannibalistic aliens invaded from ultra space."

there's always been theories of a multiverse, regardless of the insanity such a thought brings. besides, aqua's trip to sea hoenn only further proves the theory as something more than a lofty concept.

"do you remember how you got there?"

it's the next step in the puzzle... figuring out a way back.

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
moon & stars
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2022 2:18:15 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
"You think so?"[break][break]

Illeana has a point. Bizarre occurrences have become the norm in Hoenn as of late; or perhaps it's simply been this way for years. Either way, there's probably little she could say that would surprise the scientist at this rate.[break][break]

"Okay. It's, um...a long story though, sorry." Luka shifts the books in her arms and sets them down on a nearby table. And then, after thinking about it a moment, she sits down and gestures for Illeana to join her, should she wish.[break][break]

She carefully summarizes meeting Father Winter, making her wish, and stepping through the portal. It's hard to recall everything with perfect clarity, but she does her best to relay the doomed world she had entered, the unown assassins encountered, how she had transformed with Cresselia and helped to put the moon back in the sky. She can't bring herself to reminisce on seeing her own corpse, however. And though she mentions , she doesn't do so by name. She knows how much her friend values his privacy.[break][break]

"And after all that," she concludes breathlessly, "She gave me this."[break][break]

Having already made the decision to trust Illeana, Luka pulls out the necklace chain that had been hidden under her blouse. From it dangles two feathers: one, a dip-dyed Swanna feather, the other a genuine artifact. A lunar wing.[break][break]

"But I haven't seen her or Father Winter since, a-and I'm running out of ideas. And we're running out of time. I don't know if there's anything she can actually do to help stop this meteor...but it can't hurt to try, can it?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
moon & stars
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2022 2:28:59 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]"i do." she's quick to confirm. the chair gestured is taken after a moment.

she listens quietly, intently. and luka, despite whatever tension exists between them, gives as much information as she can divulge.

it helps, in a way, to add additional layers to her own research. father winter, another dimension, unknown forms of travel, merging as one with a pokemon, granite cave... each point furthers innate curiosity.

her eyes dart to the necklace, however, when it's pulled from beneath its sweater hiding place.

"hm," she hums. she's only seen the feather in books, varied in design and color. somehow, it's better than she imagined to see one in person.

"i'm not sure she can do much in the face of a meteor," she supplies. it's half a sigh, as if she hates to admit defeat. "not even the current legendaries in league custody can do much against what we're about to face."

and yet, she kept trying to defy the odds... perhaps her and luka are two sides of the same desperate coin, searching for any answer to the approaching doom.

"you could, perhaps, try to find that dimension again." her arms cross over her chest as she leans back in her chair. "with the barrier, however, it's hard to know if any dimensional travel will succeed. the spatial field around hoenn seems to be suspended with this barrier still in play."

it's a real pain in the ass for her own work too...

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights