July 5
Fortree City
pansexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
Single
135 height
135 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
612 posts
Julia Davis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @julia
Julia Davis
I Got The Money If You Got The Stuff [M]
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2022 18:47:15 GMT
Julia Davis Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julia"]
[attr="class","juliaw"]

[break][break]Julia looked back to her assailant at the cringe-inducing sound of metal screeching against asphalt. She gasped and widened her eyes when the Bisharp began riding right toward her. He leaned over so his wrist blade scraped against the pavement, sending sparks flying in its wake. His laughter was like grinding gears.

[break][break]His laughter was like falling rocks.

[break][break]Julia scrambled backwards and started to rise on trembling legs. "Chester!" she shouted. She didn't know why she did. She didn't even know if Chester could do anything against a motorcycle or if he'd just end up getting hurt—no, he already was hurt. She couldn't let him get even more hurt. With the sounds of Sparkie and Chester crying out behind her, she leapt to one side to avoid the oncoming bike.

[break][break]There was a rocky rumbling that caught her breath in her throat. It couldn't be. She was outside, right? She forced herself to take a deep breath, then realized that it wasn't rumbling; it was stomping. She turned toward the source to see a Rhyhorn burst from an alleyway and lift the front half of the oncoming bike with its horn. On its back was the Rocket. The Bisharp was gone now, and Julia realized that, along with the Rhyhorn's footsteps, she'd also heard the sound of a Pokémon being recalled back to its Poké Ball.

[break][break]She stared at the scene, and her still-lagging brain tried to piece everything together. The Rocket had recalled his Pokémon and stopped the bike before it could hit Julia. But... why? Where had he gone, and why had he come back?

[break][break]Chester let out a low, angered "wark" as he was held at bone-point. His right head glared at the Cubone, the middle's eyes darted around as it tried to come up with some sort of plan, and the left looked worriedly at Julia. Sparkie, meanwhile, stood on all fours, fur raised but no electricity sparking from her cheeks. Seemed she didn't want Chester getting hurt, either.

[break][break]And then the Rocket spoke. The fear that Julia had been running on seemed to gather in her chest, then explode outward: "That's your idea of making a point? Trying to kill me?!" She stopped to take a breath; as it turned out, shouting at someone didn't help with keeping her breathing steady. She was uncomfortably aware of how her heart clattered against her ribs, too.

[attr="class","juliatag"]

[attr="class","juliapokes"]

[newclass=.julia] width: 450px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.julia b] color: #d49736; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia a] text-decoration: none; color: #d49736; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #d49736; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia i] color: #d49736; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #d49736; [/newclass]

[newclass=.juliatag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.juliatag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.julianotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julianotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d49736; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.julianotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #d49736; [/newclass]

[newclass=.juliaw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]

[newclass=.julia span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]

[newclass=.juliapokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #d49736; padding: 5px; width: 440px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.juliapokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,330 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2022 19:36:33 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]She was trembling. Fuck, she was trembling. Everything from her knees to her hand to her voice to her eyes seemed to have a waver to it. Anger exploded outwards, but it wasn't rage. It was fear, and disbelief, and hurt. Isaac recoiled back ever so slightly at the outburst.[break][break]

She was a Ranger, wasn't she? She should've expected this, right? This wasn't some battle in the park. This was an arrest in process. This was winner takes all, lives on the line. Hell, she'd launched explosive bursts of flame towards him just to try and stop him. Anything goes in a battle like this. If it doesn't, you might not get another chance to run it back.[break][break]

Besides, it wasn't his idea anyway. It was Kurze's. And Kurze wouldn't have done anything. He would've just spooked her. He was on the receiving end of it, Kurze drinking in his fear but never dealing the decisive blow. And even if Kurze did do something, and Isaac hadn't intended it, there were other Rockets who were far worse. Rockets who wouldn't have thought twice. Rockets who would've thought twice just to relish in it.[break][break]

"Not my idea," Isaac said, voice distant and cold. He couldn't look back. He couldn't get lost in this. He knew the Ranger, for all her smiles and cheer, would've never shown him the same mercy. He was just another criminal to them, a statistic at best and a menace at worst. "But a win's a win. And that means this fight's over."[break][break]

Wordlessly, he hopped off of Rampage, who shuffled back to let the bike drop. He stepped towards it, a single hand resting on the handlebars. It was over. He had won. He could leave now. She wasn't a threat. Her Pokemon were tired and battered. Her communicator was frozen and distorted. Her transport was accounted for. She was trembling.[break][break]

Arceus fucking damnit.[break][break]

Isaac sighed, still not finding the strength to turn and face the girl. However, as hs spoke, the ice in his tone had melted into a quiet, almost concerned warmth. "I mean that. It's over," he emphasized. "Nobody's going to hurt you. You're going to be okay. I promise."[break][break]

That wasn't enough and he knew it. Still frozen in place, unable to mount his bike, Isaac spoke once more. "Tell me five things you can see, if you can," he said, the tone in his voice still so noticeably shifted by the pit of guilt in his guts.

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody b]color:#d9b800;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Alicia Jewel

she/her
July 5
Fortree City
pansexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
Single
135 height
135 height
awards
612 posts
Julia Davis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @julia
Julia Davis
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2022 1:47:22 GMT
Julia Davis Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julia"]
[attr="class","juliaw"]

Julia had signed up to be a Ranger to protect the environment and the Pokémon living in it. That meant dealing with poachers and other bad actors, but she'd been trained for that. She hadn't been trained for this kind of skirmish. She hadn't been trained for almost getting killed by a motorbike on purpose. And it wasn't like she knew that Kurze wouldn't have dealt the fatal blow.

[break][break]Julia wasn't naive. She knew there were bad people out there. Really, really bad people. But she was still too innocent to truly imagine the depths of these people's cruelty. Or perhaps she simply didn't want to imagine them. But tonight, she'd gotten a taste of it. Of, in her eyes, people willing to nearly kill someone as a warning. It was disgusting. Despicable. Horrifying. But that only strengthened her resolve to keep doing the right thing and dealing with these kinds of people wherever she could.

[break][break]The fight was over, huh? Julia was rattled, and Chester was hurt, exhausted, and being held at bone-point to prevent him from doing anything, but the fight wasn't over, not if Julia had anything to say about it. She just needed to buy a little more time to... She glanced at the communicator that had fallen to the ground. Could she even make a call with it anymore? With Chester in his current state, Isaac had the mobility advantage with his bike, and if he decided to use it as a "warning" like his Bisharp had... Even still, the thought of giving up now made her gut roil. She still had one more Pokémon her opponent hadn't seen, and if she could figure out the opportune time to let her loose...

[break][break]The way the Rocket spoke his next words surprised Julia more than what he actually said at first. If she didn't know better, she'd say he sounded almost concerned. And the way he said that nobody would hurt her, that it was over... What the heck? Was this his way of saying he'd decisively won? Because it sounded more like he was trying to reassure her. When he told her to name five things she could see, her first instinct was to glance around for any new signs of trouble like backup. But then she realized: This was the first part of a grounding technique that Julia had learned in therapy.

[break][break]"What?" Okay, so that wasn't a thing she could see, but she was so confused right now. Was he trying to distract her? If he was, this was a weird way of doing it. "What are you trying to pull?"

[newclass=.julia] width: 450px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.julia b] color: #d49736; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia a] text-decoration: none; color: #d49736; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #d49736; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #d49736; [/newclass]

[newclass=.juliatag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.juliatag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.julianotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julianotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d49736; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.julianotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #d49736; [/newclass]

[newclass=.juliapokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #d49736; padding: 5px; width: 440px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,330 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2022 14:46:52 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Isaac had long learned to stop taking reactions like this personally. Isaac was a Rocket. By definition, he wasn't to be trusted. Hell, there were plenty of people in Rocket he'd trust as far as he could throw. And his twink ass wasn't exactly a championship caber tosser. If anything, he'd be more worried if Julia had unconditionally trusted him.[break][break]

"The only thing I'm trying to pull is your ass out of a panic spiral before it starts," Isaac said. "I've been there before. Those aren't fun in the best of times. And alone at 3 AM on the streets of Slateport is far from the best of times.[break][break]

"So I need you to breathe, okay?"
Maybe this was a risky move. But with a whistle, Isaac indicated for Sunny and Rampage to return to his side. He returned them to their Pokeballs, took the remaining Pokeballs off of his belt, and set them all on the ground. "See? There's no tricks. No funny business. No hidden Pokemon up my sleeve. So just breathe and ground yourself. At least until you can make it back to base."[break][break]

Was it a risky decision? As far as Isaac was concerned, Duster could handle an injured Dodrio and a single Pikachu without much trouble. But the girl had more Pokemon than that, and there was also the matter of her communicator to Ranger HQ. Hell, if she was quick enough, she could even steal his Pokeballs away. Wouldn't that be some fucked up role reversal?[break][break]

But it was precisely the risk that made Isaac so insistent on doing this. In a vacuum, a Rocket could not, and should not, be trusted. It was both basic Ranger training and common sense. But if he went out of his way to take on such risk for the sake of another, that sacrifice spoke volumes.[break][break]

It was also a sign that he felt safe enough to lower his guard in the first place. Would you feel confident backstabbing someone that made a point of leaning into your knife?[break][break]

"So, c'mon. Five things you see."

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST / @

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Alicia Jewel

she/her
July 5
Fortree City
pansexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
Single
135 height
135 height
awards
612 posts
Julia Davis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @julia
Julia Davis
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2022 1:33:46 GMT
Julia Davis Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julia"]
[attr="class","juliaw"]

Julia was confused. She was at least 99% sure that this wasn't how enemies were supposed to act toward each other, even if she accounted for the fact that life wasn't always in black and white. He was admitting to having been in a panic spiral before? And now he was trying to help Julia, even if it was to his disadvantage? He even recalled his Pokémon back into their Poké Balls and set them on the ground with the rest.

[break][break]Julia could take advantage of this. She still had her other Poké Balls on her. Chester was in bad condition, but Sparkie was still raring to go. She could send out Lazuli and freeze his bike in place. She could get Sparkie and Momo to fetch Isaac's Poké Balls so he couldn't use them, then get her radio so she could finally call for backup. She...

[break][break] ... would feel like a total jerk if she did that.

[break][break]In nearly every sense of the word, this guy was an enemy. He was a Rocket, a fugitive, someone smuggling explosives (which she still didn't know where they were now, shoot), and someone who'd sicced his Pokémon on her in a way that could have gotten her killed, yet he was making himself vulnerable and walking her through calming down. He physically and metaphorically had his back to her. But backstabbing was what Rockets and other criminals did. And Julia wasn't like that, for better or worse.

[break][break]"I'm not panicking," she said. And it was true that she had calmed down now that she was no longer in danger. Still, she glanced around, making sure to keep Isaac in her peripherals as she listed off what she saw: "There's a streetlight. Chester and Sparkie, of course." She beckoned the two over. "A starry night sky. Aaaaand a Rocket whose Pokémon almost ran me over." Was there a hint of bitterness in that last one? Probably. Julia did tend to wear her heart on her sleeve, after all. That stab of anger reminded her to keep her breathing steady.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,330 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2022 3:29:40 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Good. Then let's keep it that way," Isaac said. Maybe Julia was more composed than her earlier outburst indicated. Maybe she was just putting up a defense mechanism. Whatever the reason, Isaac was just glad she wasn't backsliding. He was not prepared to deal with an enemy of his having a genuine breakdown, either morally or practically speaking.[break][break]

At Chester returning to Julia's side, Duster kept his bone raised high at first. However, one shake of the head was all Duster needed. He, too, stood down, returning to Isaac's side in turn. It seemed a détente had been established for the day.[break][break]

Despite this, the cold war continued with an expert snipe from Julia. "You know, fair," Isaac said, a bit of bashfulness to his voice. "Kurze is . . . a special case. He's had it rough, to say the least. A missing eye and an entire den full of secrets I'll never know the meaning of. And that means when a fight starts, he's hellbent on making sure it ends with him on top. You should've seen the paces he put me and my team through when we fought."[break][break]

"Though if I'm being honest, I didn't expect him to do any of that," he admitted. He had sent Kurze out because the rest of his squat little gremlins would've never properly been able to drive the bike. He expected some ballsy stunts and aggressive driving, but not attempted vehicular monslaughter![break][break]

"So consider that a sorry from both of us. A job that frivolous is not turning into bloodshed. Not on my watch," Isaac said. "Now, four things you can feel. Physically. Though I guess if emotional awareness helps you ground, we can count that, too."

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Alicia Jewel

she/her
July 5
Fortree City
pansexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
Single
135 height
135 height
awards
612 posts
Julia Davis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @julia
Julia Davis
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2022 20:32:19 GMT
Julia Davis Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julia"]
[attr="class","juliaw"]

Julia still didn't understand why a Rocket, of all people, was walking her through a grounding exercise. She didn't dismiss the possibility that he was just trying to get her guard down, but this was a really complex way of doing that. And with how much this exercise had Julia focusing on her immediate environment, it wouldn't be very effective, either.

[break][break]She couldn't help but feel a bit proud that her verbal snipe had Isaac sounding bashful. But then Isaac explained Kurze's rough past and how it led to his behaviors. Even though he'd just tried to kill her, Julia couldn't help but feel a bit sorry for the Bisharp. She'd worked with troubled Pokémon in the past, and she knew that their circumstances could lead to behavioral issues. Potential vehicular manslaughter was a new one, though. If this had been anyone else, Julia would have commended them for sticking with Kurze despite his issues.

[break][break]"You probably shouldn't let him drive again, then," she said instead. "Not unless you train him or something. Just, you know, don't train him to run people over." Okay, maybe giving advice to a Rocket was a bad idea...

[break][break]She wasn't sure whether she wanted to accept his apology or not, so she focused on the grounding exercise, instead. Four things she could feel. She'd been taught to focus on physical feelings in these situations to keep herself from getting stuck in her own head. She reached out and stroked each of Chester's heads, one at a time. "I feel Chester's feathers." She knelt down to pick up Sparkie and put her on her shoulders. "Sparkie's fur. I feel the warm night air. And..." She focused for a moment. "I feel my feet firmly on the ground." Technically, she could only actually feel one of those feet, but that wasn't the point.

[break][break]She knew how the rest of this exercise went. "I hear your motorcycle running." Which made it all the stranger that he'd set his Poké Balls aside since that kept him from getting away so easily. Chester let out a low warble. "I hear Chester, and..." She looked over at Sparkie. The Pikachu tilted her head before realizing what Julia wanted and letting out a squeak. "And Sparkie.

[break][break]"I smell her, too. She's not stinky or anything; she's just right here."
Still, Sparkie looked a bit bashful, so Julia scratched behind her ear to make her feel better. "And I can smell the motorcycle fumes. And for taste... unless you want me to lick my Pokémon—" Sparkie looked rather horrified at the thought, but Chester just looked amused at Julia's quip. "—I taste the inside of my mouth. It's still a bit minty."

[break][break]Her breathing had evened out, and any trace of panic or anger seemed to have dissipated. It always felt good to be fully back in the present, to not be worrying about the past again. As she reveled in that feeling, she realized something. "Wait. Frivolous? You're carrying bombs! Where are they? Where'd you tell your Dhelmise to go?" She wasn't panicking anymore, but that didn't mean she wasn't worried about whatever—or whomever—those explosives were targeting.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,330 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2022 22:09:30 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Yeah. Don't gotta tell me twice," Isaac said, a bemused smile spreading across his face. Honestly, Kurze had been doing a surprisingly good job for a Pokemon. But if he wanted his jobs done clean and precise, he couldn't just let Kurze do whatever the hell he felt like. He needed to be able to trust his team to operate independently without leaving massive mess on his plate.[break][break]

The Ranger seemed to know how the rest of this grounding exercise went. Isaac didn't need to hold her hand and ease her through it anymore. Good. She knew what she was doing, and she could handle herself if a situation like this cropped up again. Isaac would've felt like shit if he sprung this kind of situation onto a complete amateur. She was okay. He was okay. And now, they could put this whole mess behind each other and go their separate ways.[break][break]

Or not! Supercop here snapped into action as soon as she'd grounded herself. Maybe Isaac should've just driven away while he still had the chance. The way she flat-out asked where his Dhelmise was left Isaac equal parts exasperated and amused. "Nice try," he said, his smile refusing to drop even as he rolled his eyes. "I don't want to cause you needless grief, but that doesn't mean we're all buddy-buddy. I'm not just gonna tell you where Dhelmise went."[break][break]

That said, the specific word choice she was giving got Isaac cocking an eyebrow. "Still calling them bombs, huh?" Isaac asked. "C'mon. Even if I was in the business of buying bombs, do you think I'd be doing it someplace as public as a parking lot? Where some drugged-up teenagers could get their hands on them, or a patrol like you could bust up the whole deal? That's just insulting."[break][break]

"But, if it helps you sleep better at night." He fished into the pocket of his jacket, and for a second Julia would see the WARNING: EXPLOSIVE label that she had seen before. Now she'd see it paired up with the source; a small box of fireworks, just the right size for Isaac to sneak under his jacket. "See? No bomb scares, no high-power explosives. Just getting my hands on a little piece of Splashfest so I can give someone special to me a private show." Even under his mask, the smile on his face took a turn for the goofy. Yeah, there was no way Isaac was lying about this one.[break][break]

He thought for a second, then put the box on the floor and slid it over towards Julia with his foot. "I kept this one for myself as a little celebration. But, shit. Between the two of us, you definitely had the rougher day," Isaac said. "So why don't you have it? Even a Ranger should treat herself every once in a while."[break][break]

He recovered his Pokeballs as he spoke, noticing that one them was was shaking up a storm. Huh, how odd. He pressed it against the side of his bike to release it, and out came Sunny. The Golbat bashfully looked over towards Julia, Chester, and especially Sparkie. He managed a bashful wave in their direction before losing his nerve, squeaking and hiding behind Isaac. "Guess that's my cue to leave, huh? Don't want poor Sunny here to heave a heart attack on me," Isaac joked.[break][break]

He slung himself onto his bike, one leg after the other, and peeked over his shoulder towards Julia. "Happy Splashfest, kid," he said, grinning softly. With that, he revved up his engine and rode off into the . . . moonset?

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Alicia Jewel

she/her
July 5
Fortree City
pansexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
Single
135 height
135 height
awards
612 posts
Julia Davis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @julia
Julia Davis
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2022 20:42:29 GMT
Julia Davis Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julia"]
[attr="class","juliaw"]

Well, it sounded like he wasn't going to train Kurze to run people over, so that was good.

[break][break]Julia hadn't even been trying to pull a fast one by asking where Dhelmise was. Her concern had pushed the words out of her mouth without realizing, oh yeah, a criminal isn't just gonna tell me where the stuff is. But she still couldn't let anyone get hurt! She was ready to go into full questioning mode (she was probably too soft to do a proper interrogation), but then Isaac reached into his jacket pocket. Julia and her Pokémon tensed up, unsure of what to expect.

[break][break]It certainly hadn't been a clearly labeled box of fireworks.

[break][break]Julia stared in shock silence for a few seconds. "You were... just getting fireworks?" That chase, that fight, that fear of someone getting seriously hurt had all just been for fireworks? Julia should have been relieved that it wasn't some huge plot to blow up Splashfest or something. Instead, she just felt all the energy being sapped out of her. She was gonna need a nap after this. Or would that just be regular sleep with how late it was?

[break][break]She knelt down and examined the box. It was still sealed, and when Sparkie gave it a sniff, she didn't seem to smell anything amiss. Yeah, that was a box of fireworks, all right. Julia picked it up. "Uh... thanks?" What a weird night.

[break][break]She and her Pokémon watched closely as Isaac released Sunny from his frantically shaking Poké Ball. The Golbat waved shyly at Sparkie before squeaking and hiding behind Isaac. Sparkie let out an embarrassed squeak of her own and rubbed the back of her head. Julia couldn't help but smile. "Hehe, yeah. Just be careful with the fireworks, okay? Don't wanna set something on fire just for a show." To go through all this trouble for fireworks for a "special someone"... It honestly sounded really sweet.

[break][break]But then Julia realized something as Isaac rode off. "Hey, wait a minute! These are still stolen, aren't they?!" Why else would he have gotten them in a mall parking lot at 3 AM? From Hank Winters, of all people? She took a few futile steps forward, but Chester squawked to stop her. Trying to chase him would be futile in the team's current state. She sighed and let her head drop. "Dang it..." This was why she wasn't a cop.

[break][break]The crackle and chatter of the walkie-talkie drew her attention. Was it working again? She picked it up off the ground and tested the talk button. No static, phew!

[break][break]"This is Ranger Cadet Julia Davis," she said into the radio. "I gave a report on two Rockets in Slateport Mall's parking lot. ... One of them froze my radio, sir. I gave chase to the north, but... but I lost him. I'm sorry. ... It turns out they were just fireworks, sir. He, uh, dropped a box before he got away. ... That might be a problem, sir. Chester got hurt during the battle. ... 10-4, sir. We'll wait here." She looked around for a street sign, then gave her approximate location.

[break][break]She put the radio back on her belt and stroked Chester's back feathers. "Looks like we're getting picked up." She noticed Chester's left head giving her a dubious look. "Well, I'm not just gonna tell them he gave me a box before he drove off! That'd make me look like an accomplice or something!" That head sighed, prompting Julia to reach up and pet it. "It's okay, buddy. We did what we could, and everything's gonna be fine. Why don't you rest, okay?"

[break][break]The exhausted Chester allowed himself to be recalled back into his Poké Ball without much fuss. Julia looked to her shoulder to see Sparkie looking equally worried, so she scratched the Pikachu behind the ear with a weary smile. "You should sleep, too. You did good tonight." Sparkie let out an uncertain "Piii," but her drowsiness quickly won over. She gave Julia one last comforting nuzzle before allowing herself to be recalled.

[break][break]With both of her Pokémon safely tucked away, Julia sat down on the sidewalk and looked up into the sky, waiting for her ride. She was going to have to file one heck of a report on this... and she probably wasn't going to be allowed to do volunteer patrol duty again. Oh, well. There was a reason she was a Ranger and not an officer.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,032 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2022 6:19:30 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: