Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
PROVE THYSELF
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2022 18:35:06 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

The darkest day was a devastating event that left thousands injured. Cultivated and realized by Rocket, the league was now dealt with the task of picking up the shattered pieces of the region, yet again.
[break][break]
So Penelope, and HBS, did something. Working alongside the newest councilwoman, , Hoenn Broadcasting Station had taken the initiative of sponsoring a fundraiser for the victims left behind by the tree of life's catastrophic demise.
[break][break]
Taking place in none other than Lilycove's museum, the event had drawn upon the attention of any CEO, businessman, politician, celebrity, or notable trainer the region had to offer. Bathed in glitter and gold, the museum had become a battleground for the wealthy -- a place to show off, all while improving their public image.
[break][break]
It was the type of event Penelope would've normally despised. But, alas, if it was for a good cause, she could swallow down the disdain for a night.
[break][break]
"Nice job," She spoke, tilting her campaign glass towards the other woman, smiling.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Verdanturf Ranger Captain
Single and Ready to Mingle
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,592 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
PROVE THYSELF
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2022 16:24:03 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

Fundraising was all the rage within the circles of power and wealth. Elinor knew this. She’d been to her fair share in the past. However, it was the first time for her to have such an intimate relationship with its cause. Unfortunately, she could not claim to be entirely behind it as and HBS had taken the initiative in funding the thing.

Not that she minded, it didn’t matter to her who funded it, all that mattered was the result of it. Clad in a sharp grey business suit, and long pink hair flowing neatly down her back. With a half-empty campaign glass in hand, did she make merry and reconnect with a lot of familiar faces. People she had met when she had still been chained to her family. Though she was still an Anderson, her family, or most of it at least, and forsaken Hoenn.

While she made her way through the pleasantries and fake condolences. She couldn’t help but feel like perhaps she and certainly to some extent were the only people who truly cared about the region, perhaps there were others, perhaps it was all in her head, for now, it did not matter, she could voice her opinions and so they were but burdens upon her for this gathering.

Her thoughts returned to reality as her eyes fell upon Penelope. Though the redhead was the first to speak. “Thank you. But I can’t take all of the credit.” She made an acknowledging gesture with her hand towards Penelope, figuring it needn’t be stated that it was a team effort. “How are you finding the evening so far?” Perhaps a rather superficial question, but what more could ask among this crowd?

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
PROVE THYSELF
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2022 22:37:37 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Judgement gurgled up her throat as she followed the councilwoman's gaze across the room. It was hard to masked one's disparaging eyes when absolutely every single surrounding face warranted them, and so, she'd prefer to curtail her look-around for the glass in her hand instead. The Champaign was good, at least.
[break][break]
"Well enough," She sighed, giving the golden liquid a low swish. The bubbles frayed and gathered. "I'm sure you're more accustom to it than I am, though."
[break][break]
Since she's an Anderson.
[break][break]
The implications of her words carefully crept from below the surface, crawling. The close they got, the clearer they became.
[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,592 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
PROVE THYSELF
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2022 11:50:02 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

Elinor accepted the answer given to her. Though it was clear to her that Penelope wasn’t a fan of the surroundings. Though for what reason, she could not discern.

“Perhaps. I would certainly be lying if I claimed this to be my first fundraiser.” She shrugged rather nonchalantly. She figured if Penelope had done her research, she already knew what sort of background she hailed from. “Though I must admit the reason for this fundraiser weighs heavily upon me.” What nonchalance Elinor had carried before, turned into a controlled sadness as her thoughts turned to the losses she had experienced, though she knew she was not alone in that. But she knew, no matter how much she wanted to, blurting it out would be tasteless.

However, Elinor was aware that HBS had reported on the disaster though she had not seen the actual broadcast, perhaps this was a good time to get some perspective on it. “I know this is a bit bold of me, and if you would rather talk about something else, I completely understand. But it is my understanding that HBS was one of the Primary sources of news coverage about the Incident in Sootopolis.” Elinor paused for a short moment, allowing her a moment to breathe.

And then she continued, while she didn’t know if Penelope had been in the midst of it like she had. She tried to be as cautious and gentle with the wording of the question as possibly “So, I would very much like to hear your perspective on it.”

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
PROVE THYSELF
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2022 10:21:26 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

The council woman was right.
[break][break]
HBS had been the one leading the Darkest day story, just like how Penelope had been the one in the center of it, taking interviews left and right, spanning from people like councilman and known rocket member himself, to worried families fleeing the city for their lives. It was a perilous endeavor, but not one she regretted committing to.
[break][break]
Bringing the glass tumbler to her lips, she gave the bitter Champaign another sip as she mulled over her response. Anyone who knew knew that she held two journalistic styles. Her first one, for lack of better words, made her into a vixen. Cunning, cool, and tinkering with words, every conversation was a game to be played and won. Her second style -- the one that resonates more with HBS as a company and her as a person -- was blunt, abrasive, and held a 'no bullshit' stance to most conversations. It was the one she typically utilized when talking to citizens, like , or people who didn't warrant the effort style one's persona required.
[break][break]
Elinor was a tricky case.
[break][break]
On one hand, she held a title spanning far beyond her own, but on the other hand...
[break][break]
Sharp, disparaging eyes shoot back at the woman, hostile and cold. "It was just another preventable symptom of rocket's resurgence - something I would've hoped our government would've dealt with a year ago." Her gaze returned to the crowd. "Though, I guess band-aids," like fundraisers, "are easier to commit to."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,592 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
PROVE THYSELF
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2022 13:23:50 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

Elinor hoped that Penelope would be honest. She needed the unfiltered opinion, not the opinion that tried to make sales nor the one that would try to please her. So, when Penelope’s words reached her, their brashness was like a sweet melody to her.

Elinor nodded in agreement. “If only I could claim that I do not agree with your sentiment, unfortunately, I do. Band-aids are so much easier to apply, but they simply don't do enough.” Though outright admitting that fundraisers were but a simple ploy for the rich to seem philanthropic in their endeavors was perhaps not the smartest, It was the truth.

She allowed a sip of her now less-than-half-empty champagne glass to wet her mouth before she would continue to speak. “But not doing enough, seems to be a running theme for the Government, as an organization. I would personally like to see it do better.” She paused, wondering for a brief moment whether she was saying too much or too little. “Alas, change never comes quickly.” Not that she could claim to have had many opportunities to enact it yet.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights