TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
forget-me-not [s]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2022 8:39:45 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]
[attr="class","littlejay"]

fallarbor. . a jacket that doesn't belong in his own closet.

[break][break] it's smaller, white and black with gold at the seams. in it's inner collar is the name of the boy and - what jayden presumes, at least - is his home address.

[break][break] maher. jayden wonders briefly if he's related to .

[break][break] the rocket takes a pause from his responsibilities at wyndon cross inc. and his new admin duties to finish what he ought to have complete a while ago. before he had left for kanto, he had returned to his house in sootopolis and looked at roman's empty room in his house. it had been empty for a while, especially after the events of the soiree. just in case, jayden had left a small scribbled note — that he was going to be away for a while, and that there was a week's worth of food in the fridge, though it would not be enough to sustain him.

[break][break] when he returned home again, he found the house just as empty as before and a week's worth of spoiled food in his fridge. as well as roman's things still scattered in his room, same as it had before. not that jayden had expected any different... when that man ( ) had taken the young boy, leaving jayden to all but bleed into the grass, something had told jayden that he would not be seeing either anytime soon.

[break][break] still, jayden is not someone who appreciates loose ends. gathering the belongings and himself, he makes a trip to the address on the inner seam of roman's clothes. all of it is contained in a small black bag that he carries with his good arm.

[break][break] he lets the mimikyu that accompanies him to the cul-de-sac do the knocking — his shoulder is still recovering from the burns. a large shadowy hand rolls into a fist before knocking at the doorframe.

[break][break] hopefully someone's home.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break][break]

[newclass=".littlejay"]--accent:#955adf; } .littlejay { font:12px 'Roboto'; letter-spacing:.5px; border-radius:0px; padding:40px 50px 50px; border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px; } .littlejay b { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; } .littlejay i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .littlejay u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:0.5px; } .littlejay .ooc { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px; } .littlejay .ooc a { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:lowercase; } .littlejay img { filter:grayscale(100%); [/newclass]
[newclass=".jaytop"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323; border-radius:5px; } .jaytop img { filter:grayscale(100%); padding-top:20px; } .jaytop img:hover { filter:grayscale(20%); transition:0.2s all; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

will
she/her
twenty-nine
november 12
rustboro
heterosexual
horticulturist
civilian
we sewed all the holes we had to breathe
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willow
willow atkins
forget-me-not [s]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2022 22:13:15 GMT
willow atkins Avatar

it's after five on saturday. has for the weekend. willow had given adelaide the weekend off as well, so she and her mother are seated in their upstairs living room, watching television while willow idly presses flowers. they're not expecting anyone, but the knock on the door doesn't really startle her. it's not uncommon for neighbors to pop over and say hello. 

she kisses her mother on the forehead, heart giving a small squeeze at her vacant stare, and then lopes down the stairs to answer the door. 

her gaze drops to the mimikyu and then goes up to the stranger on her doorstep. "hello? what can i do for you?" she asks, eyeing the black bag in his arms. 
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
we'll never get free, lamb to the slaughter
awards
4,153 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
forget-me-not [s]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2022 22:20:42 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]

part of him hopes that no one would answer; the other part of him hopes that it will be .

[break][break] no part of him expects a woman to answer. one that he doesn't know especially.

[break][break] "ah - hello." he clears his throat, shifting as to pull out the jacket and hang it over his arm. "is roman home? i was just returning some of his things."

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break][break]

[newclass=".littlejay"]--accent:#955adf; } .littlejay { font:12px 'Roboto'; letter-spacing:.5px; border-radius:0px; padding:40px 50px 50px; border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px; } .littlejay b { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; } .littlejay i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .littlejay u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:0.5px; } .littlejay .ooc { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px; } .littlejay .ooc a { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:lowercase; } .littlejay img { filter:grayscale(100%); [/newclass]
[newclass=".jaytop"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323; border-radius:5px; } .jaytop img { filter:grayscale(100%); padding-top:20px; } .jaytop img:hover { filter:grayscale(20%); transition:0.2s all; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

will
she/her
twenty-nine
november 12
rustboro
heterosexual
horticulturist
civilian
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willow
willow atkins
forget-me-not [s]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2022 22:43:55 GMT
willow atkins Avatar

willow balks and her curiosity turns into something uncomfortable. something sour. but her face does not betray the fear that accompanies it. no, instead her features display her instant distrust. her anger at not knowing who this man is. 

"how do you know my son?" she asks, eyes narrowing. he could hardly be much older than her, if at all. and there's no way he knows bo - he would have told willow to expect someone. 
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,153 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
forget-me-not [s]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2022 22:50:25 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]

"your son?"

[break][break] ah. that would explain things. this blond-haired woman is roman's mother.

[break][break] "he was staying with me for a few weeks, and he left some things." it doesn't surprise him that roman may not have shared those details — in fact, when roman had stayed with him, the boy had been quite secretive. not that jayden minded. he could think of a handful of things that he wouldn't have wanted to share with his own mother. "he's been home, hasn't he?"

[break][break] if not, that would be unfortunate. jayden would have to do more legwork than he anticipated in returning his items.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

crow

will
she/her
twenty-nine
november 12
rustboro
heterosexual
horticulturist
civilian
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willow
willow atkins
forget-me-not [s]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2022 15:05:45 GMT
willow atkins Avatar

"staying with you," she repeats. she puts her hands in her pockets so he can't see the way they're curling - from anger or anxiety, she certainly can't parse the emotion right now. i wish bo was here. but maybe it's for the better he isn't. while willow's anger is a force to be reckoned with, hers isn't actionable. bo's though? 

"when?" she asks as realization starts to dawn on her. "when was he staying with you?" but she already knows the answer and it hits like a punch to the gut. 

of course he would have had to stay somewhere when he ran away, but with some stranger? with a man her own age?

she deliberately doesn't give him any information on roman's whereabouts, green eyes burning as she seeks answers of her own. 
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,153 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
forget-me-not [s]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2022 17:06:08 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]

the way she responds raises a flag. only a slight one — maybe yellow, or even orange.

[break][break] if she was really his mother, would she be answering this way?

[break][break] "yes," he says slowly, violet gaze lifting to meet hers. "staying with me."

[break][break] he isn't sure how else to explain it. he had offered roman a place to say, and the young boy had agreed. in some ways, it had been an impulsive decision on jayden's part. then again, would anyone have done anything different had they put in a similar situation?

[break][break] he scratches his cheek.

[break][break] "probably nearly a year now. i've been busy with work —" not a lie. "so i haven't seen him since the soiree."

[break][break] a pause, before he looks like he might step away. his fingers curl tighter around the handle of the bag.

[break][break] "if it's a bother, i can come back another time."

[break][break] or maybe not at all. perhaps this was the wrong house?

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

crow

will
she/her
twenty-nine
november 12
rustboro
heterosexual
horticulturist
civilian
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willow
willow atkins
forget-me-not [s]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2022 22:09:37 GMT
willow atkins Avatar

this man is so impassive, so stoic, while her own anxiety is rising in her throat. willow steels herself, despite the fact that his words are falling in ways she wish they wouldn't. but maybe there's something to come of this. maybe she can finally get the answers roman refused to give her. 

the soiree

when he turns to go, she jerks, catching his wrist and holding firmly. 

"you have answers. you know what he refuses to tell me." her eyes pinch. angry tears threaten to flood over. "you can't leave." i won't let you. 
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,153 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
forget-me-not [s]
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2022 14:01:20 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]

the situation is awkward — discomfort fills his throat as she looks at him, and jayden feels the sudden urge to turn away. so he does.

[break][break] only for her to grab his wrist.

[break][break] instinct tells him to go on alert, but after months of practicing his civilian persona, jayden knows better. he merely stills, though there is something cold at first about the way that his gaze snaps to hers. but then they soften perceptibly when they notice the tears in her eyes.

[break][break] "um."

[break][break] there seemed to be something deeper at play than merely returning an item of clothing.

[break][break] "what do you want to know? should we — " he glances behind him, then back at her. "go somewhere more private?"

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

crow

will
she/her
twenty-nine
november 12
rustboro
heterosexual
horticulturist
civilian
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willow
willow atkins
forget-me-not [s]
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2022 0:45:40 GMT
willow atkins Avatar

go somewhere more private. her home is as private as it gets. and as much as she knows better than to invite strangers inside, he has answers. and besides, elisabet is inside. willow's been a slow learner with bo's trainings, but the leavanny is a natural. 

and besides, her mother's in no condition to be left to her own devices. even for an hour. willow steps to the side and gestures up the stairs. 

"come in," she says and then realizes just how harshly she's said it, adds, "please."
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,153 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
forget-me-not [s]
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2022 6:16:48 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]

she has more to worry about than him, but even jayden is skeptical. he hadn't planned on this interference.

[break][break] it had been about a simple drop-off.

[break][break] "let's go inside," he agrees, with one final glance behind him.

[break][break] she was a civilian — how bad could this be?

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

crow

will
she/her
twenty-nine
november 12
rustboro
heterosexual
horticulturist
civilian
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willow
willow atkins
forget-me-not [s]
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2022 1:43:06 GMT
willow atkins Avatar

do i want to know the answers? she thinks as she takes the stairs, trusting jayden to close the door behind him. blue eyes fixate on the stairs, on putting one foot in front of the other, as she rises. when she reaches the top, eleanor turns and smiles sweetly at her. 

"oh, willow. have you seen samuel?" willow sighs and stoops over her mother, kisses her cheek sweetly and squeezes her shoulder, promising lowly that he'll be home soon.

her leavanny tilts her head curiously at the stranger, antennae rattling lowly at the stress pheromones coming from willow. she steps neatly out of her pot and shakes out the dirt, eyeing jayden warily. 

"now," she starts and takes a seat at the kitchen table, pointing at the spot across from her, "tell me how you know my son. how you met. why he was with you. why he -" stabbed someone.
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,153 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
forget-me-not [s]
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2022 19:10:20 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]

as he enters, jayden turns behind him to shut the door softly and click the lock into place. quietly, he follows the civilian up the staircase.

[break][break] when they reach the top of the staircase, however, there is another voice. it makes jayden tense briefly, before watching the exchange. his head tilts curiously. did roman have two mothers?

[break][break] she lists a barrage of questions and if jayden was a lesser person, if he hadn't been trained in espionage and interrogation in his childhood, he might have balked at the sudden pressure.

[break][break] he didn't.

[break][break] "he was staying with me," jayden answers honestly, blinking owlishly at her. "he didn't tell you?"

[break][break] it occurs briefly to jayden that he didn't owe her a single thing, that there was no reason that he needed to be here other than mild curiosity. still, he stays.

[break][break] "i found him on mt. pyre, being attacked by a group of mean-spirited boys. after i patched him up, i offered him a place to say with me — no questions asked. he seemed like he needed a home at the time."

[break][break] he scratches his cheek.

[break][break] "apologies - i didn't know he had a mother."

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

crow

will
she/her
twenty-nine
november 12
rustboro
heterosexual
horticulturist
civilian
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willow
willow atkins
forget-me-not [s]
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2022 15:46:01 GMT
willow atkins Avatar

eleanor doesn't seem bothered at all by the presence of someone else in the house. it helps that elisabet takes up a stance beside her, blade-like leaven arms tucked away from her. eleanor pats her gently and rambles on about how lovely it would be if she had something to read right about now. and ponders after samuel again.

"no, he didn't tell me," she says, fingers curling into fists, knuckles against the table. she drops her hands into her lap shortly after.

she balks at the last statement, looking incredulously at the man. that distrust still prickles at her, but from his demeanor, he seems...honest.

willow doesn't know quite what to think of it all.

"he's been...unpredictable lately. ran away from home. up until now, we haven't known where he went." she looks away. it's shameful to admit her failures to this complete and utter stranger. this person roman trusts more than his family.

"you said you were at...the soiree. were you there when he...?" something catches in her throat and she grimaces. "do you know why he would want to hurt someone?"
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,153 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
forget-me-not [s]
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2022 6:13:32 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]

"ah."

[break][break] how awkward. though it was not the first time he considered it, but it was quite inconvenient that had such a relationship with his mother. then again, jayden supposed he had never felt what it was like to leave home.

[break][break] he had never left. it had been stripped from him, along with his parents' deaths.

[break][break] she admits her truths - the ones that jayden has no choice but to accept - and the rocket admin nods as she spills her story before him. he had no children, so he couldn't exactly relate, but at least he could look her in the eye when she spoke to him.

[break][break] he blinks. 'when he?'

[break][break] there could have been a lot of things that happened during the soiree. from his own recollection as well as others, he was certain of that fact. "i'm sorry," he says. "you might have to elaborate..." after all, he didn't want to give away all of roman's secrets if she wasn't asking for them.

[break][break] jayden seems to consider her last question for a minute longer. the silence through the room may seem deafening to others, but oddly comforting for him. jayden relishes in it.

[break][break] it gives him time to think.

[break][break] "there are many reasons why people may want to hurt others." he thinks of the roman in his apartment - hurt, angry, confused. resistant to anything good. even when jayden was trying to do something so kind as gift him a litten. "but are you sure that is what he wanted?"

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break][break]