awards
285 posts
part of
TAG WITH @casey
Casey Fincher
ICEMAN
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2022 7:57:42 GMT
Casey Fincher Avatar

Casey was preparing for his big day out. His big chance. He sat in the café waiting.  He wore his favorite band shirt. With a bulky, black chain, white jeans, and bulky work boots. He had two rings on each finger, that sounded like a cat with a bell on, as he tapped his fingers on the table waiting.

The doors to the coffee shop, those steel-barred glass doors, swung open. The cool air rushed past, flinging his hair around. In walked that person he spoke to briefly. An email, that was it. So to see this short woman whose eyes seemed to poke through things… it was so interesting. Short to him anyways, six feet tall, just a hair over.

Casey smiled, and waved her over. Awaiting Penelope at the table was a plate of cake donuts, and a tall latte infront of Casey. He opened with his cat-like grin. “Drinks are on me, go nuts.” He wouldn’t open up with his pitch until she seemed comfortable around him. He knew he could be too much.

:)

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
ICEMAN
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2022 16:26:32 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

A single email. That's all it took to get the lead reporter of HBS out from her den. Either this man was the second coming of Arceus, or the network was growing desperate, because from what took from what was sent, there was literally zero reason to respond, much less go out to meet him. But, thanks to the urging of her staff, she was here, dressed in a pair of pleated grey pants with a loose white v neck.
[break][break]
The steel-edge door swung open with ease, greeting her with the immediate aroma of freshly baked goods and brewing coffee. If it weren't for their meeting, she really would've gone nuts, but alas, a veil of professionalism had to be kept up. At least for now. Taking her seat, the woman's hands immediately folded in front of her and her legs crossed. "Hello," She started, her lips slipping into a practiced smile, "Nice choice on the location. It's cute." A short pause. "Do you come here often?"
[break][break]
It was a quick question, backed but the simmering curiosity that licked the bottom of her eyes.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

casey, baby boy
He/him
September 24th
Fallarbor Town
ask him.
Coordinator/Podcaster/Musician
Admin
rest assured, he's still ripped
awards
285 posts
part of
TAG WITH @casey
Casey Fincher
ICEMAN
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2022 19:03:04 GMT
Casey Fincher Avatar

Despite her insistence that she’d be fine for now, Casey had to be sure. He raised a hand. His sleeves rode up his arms, revealing fish fins and scales tattooed on his arms. He waved over a waiter in an apron, on the offchance that Penelope would like a drink. While her posture was closed off, and looking like an attempt to look smaller, Casey had the opposite problem. Compared to other six-footers he looked tiny, due to his shoulder span. He countered this by slouching, constantly having his elbows on the table.

He smiled as her question came, and glanced aside for a second. “Thanks. I used to come here all the time. I was a coordinator when I was younger, and this was where I cooled off after rehearsals or shows. I used to have the worst stage fright.”

He’d worded it oddly, having been only twenty-five. But Casey glanced across the table, and looked to her, hoping that was fine for now. He sipped at his drink. “Do you come here often? Is this your spot?

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
ICEMAN
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2022 11:29:14 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"A cappuccino, please."
[break][break]
The order was siphoned out of her without resistance. No need to grab the attention of staff without reason.
[break][break]
Her eyes settled back onto the man, curious.
[break][break]
"Sometimes. I typically prefer the cafe a street over. They have a more kalosian spin to their treats that I can't find anywhere else."

[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

casey, baby boy
He/him
September 24th
Fallarbor Town
ask him.
Admin
awards
285 posts
part of
TAG WITH @casey
Casey Fincher
ICEMAN
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2022 7:31:30 GMT
Casey Fincher Avatar

Casey watched her. Very quick, no-nonsense. She didn’t seem to be the type to linger. While he wanted to rush right into his proposal as per the email, he had to satisfy the curiosity he saw when she watched him. Watched him with those eyes that seemed to poke through him. Casey smiled. His ring-clad hand jingled like a bell on a cat as he grabbed his drink and slowly sipped at it. “I’ll have to check it out sometime. Sounds like a good place to hang out. …We’ve had correspondence, sure. But this is the first time we’ve met. Is there anything you’d like to know about me, before we really get into it?”

Casey tilted his head. He leaned in and raised a brow. He had this angular face, with soft eyes that caught the light through the windows. He had to respect her time. “If that’s not your bag, we can catch up later. So. About my proposal.”

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
ICEMAN
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2022 22:59:43 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Normally, Penelope would be the type feel a tinge of interest in a question like that. What did he want her to know, she would've wondered. What would he easily give up, and what information would she have to dig for? Unfortunately for both him and her, this meeting wasn't exactly on her itinerary for the week, and so, her capped interest could only warrant so much engagement.
[break][break]

When the cappuccino arrived at the the table, she smiled and politely thanked the waitress. The milk was in the form of a shiba inu's face. "Tell me about it." The proposal, not himself. Whatever there was to know, she would've already found out. Her team of researchers weren't exactly the type to be superficial with their inquires.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

casey, baby boy
He/him
September 24th
Fallarbor Town
ask him.
Admin
awards
285 posts
part of
TAG WITH @casey
Casey Fincher
ICEMAN
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2022 7:35:33 GMT
Casey Fincher Avatar

Casey watched her. She was a straight shooter. Had to respect that. She even got a little milk-foam drawing on her drink. Casey sipped at his iced latte and smiled. He tugged at his collar, comically. He wanted someone to goof around with, and she wasn’t biting. Maybe later.

Casey pushed the plate of little cake donuts until it sat in the middle of the table, before taking one for himself. He then dipped a third of it in his coffee and bit down. He held it in his hand, smiling at Penelope.

“I have a background in broadcast media. Podcasting, sure. But. You have a gifted team of researchers and reporters. My proposal is… I get to produce a radio show for your company. Just to get your stories into the ears of people commuting to work, working, otherwise don’t have their hands free to pick up their phones and read.”

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
ICEMAN
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2022 5:03:28 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Unfortunately for both of them, her restrictive job forced her into taking on this stricter persona. Without it, people wouldn't take her seriously, and her time would be without value to others. So, even as the cake donuts slid toward the middle of the table, she didn't dare budge, or offer a smudge of lightheartedness slip out. That would be for later.
[break][break]

She nodded, eyes peering over the lip of her ceramic cup. Placing it back down onto the saucer, she mulled over his proposal, eyes lulling from one feature to another, until eventually settling back onto his eyes. "I would have to review some of your work first, but it's a possibility," especially since they were actively looking into producing a radio talk show already.
[break][break]

She paused, pursed her lips, then continued, this time a little more relax than before.
[break][break]

"You mentioned getting to know each other, right? What sparked your initial interest in podcasting? "
[break][break]

close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

casey, baby boy
He/him
September 24th
Fallarbor Town
ask him.
Admin
awards
285 posts
part of
TAG WITH @casey
Casey Fincher
ICEMAN
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2022 11:38:59 GMT
Casey Fincher Avatar

She just wouldn’t bite! Had to look all serious. And there he was, in his silly little skull t-shirt, biting into a donut. When this dawned on him, he set the half-eaten treat aside, and tugged at the sides of his collar so it didn’t dip in the middle, and emphasized the span of muscle between his neck and his shoulders.

He sipped at his drink. When Penelope looked into his eyes, she could see this restlessness. Like he was trying and failing to keep it together. He would much rather walk and talk around a lake with her, or go rock climbing. His expression was wide-eyed, but determined. Like a cat making sure you see them push something off the counter before they do it.

“I have… little to no difficulty finding myself around interesting people. My cousin is in the Elite Four. If I want to publish a print interview, I have to transcribe it, then shop around for a publication that would buy the transcript. Building a platform as a podcaster lets me just hit record, cut the dead air, and upload.”

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
ICEMAN
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2022 3:10:45 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"So it was its convenience that drew you in?"

[break][break]
Not passion? Or any of the other fiery emotions most starry-eyed talents came into her office with? It was hard to believe that someone would get far without that drive plunging them forward. As a formerly young, aspiring reporter, she knew more than anyone else what differentiated one's path to success from the rest.

[break][break]
So, where was his drive? His push forward? What differentiated him from the hundreds of applicants that would come flooding through if this conversation hadn't occurred. 

[break][break]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights