TAG WITH @marshall
Marshall Slade
Fireworks by the Sea [m/vv]
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2022 3:31:10 GMT
Marshall Slade Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","marshallpost"]
[attr="class","marshallposttext"]

Night falls on Slateport Beach. After a full day of the dunk tank, diving for Clamperls, Mantine surfing, lunch with , and collecting Sharpedo teeth, Marshall is absolutely exhausted. But in a good way. In a way that suggests no regrets, and that he'll be back the next day for more.[break][break]

But the day isn't over yet. Slateport doesn't sleep, and nowhere is that more evident than the beachfront on that night. Marshall makes his way down the now-familiar boardwalk, passing food stalls, vendors selling merchandise to tourists, and gaggles of people enjoying their evening. He slows his walk at every bar and pop-up stall selling alcohol, considering their selections. Specifically, he's looking for someplace that will sell him beer by the can or bottle — something he can nurse while chilling somewhere comfortable.[break][break]

Finally, Marshall finds such a place, a large booth advertising a bar in the Lower District. They're selling bottles of some kind of local artisan craft brews, and on closer inspection, he recognizes the logo of 's brewery. Grinning, he approaches the small group of people queueing up before the register.[break][break]

One young woman stands slightly to the side, reading the drink options. It's unclear to Marshall if she's actually in line or just looking.[break][break]

"'Scuse me, miss, are you in line?" he asks her, touching her shoulder lightly to get her attention.

[break]

[attr="class","marshallpostooc"]
[break]

NOTES

+ Mission: Hot Summer Nights

[googlefont=Roboto Flex]
[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.marshallpost]--accent:#D45A40;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marshallpost]font:13px Roboto Flex;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshallpost .marshallposttext b"]font-size:14px;color:var(--accent); } .marshallpost .marshallposttext a { font:13px Roboto Flex;font-weight:bold;text-transform:uppercase; } .marshallpost .marshallposttext i { font-size:14px;color:var(--accent); } .marshallpost .marshallposttext u { text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshallpost .marshallpostooc"]} .marshallpost .marshallpostooc b { font-size:14px;color:var(--accent); } .marshallpost .marshallpostooc a { font:13px Roboto Flex;font-weight:bold;text-transform:uppercase; } .marshallpost .marshallpostooc i { font-size:14px;color:var(--accent); } .marshallpost .marshallpostooc h1 { font:18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px } .marshallpost .marshallpostooc u { text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshallpost .marshallpostpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
I can and I will. Watch me.
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2022 10:27:46 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","awt6"]
[attr="class","main"]

She should have kept better track of the time, but as if a living example of one of the most corny sayings known to man, she had been having too much fun. Sure, failing at Mantine surfing had kind of sucked, but laughing at ’s failure had more than made up for it (what are friends for if not for that, right?), and while she hadn’t run into or anyone else she knows, it had still been a pretty good day at the beach.
[break][break]
Good enough for her to decide to stay and watch the fireworks, at least.
[break][break]
The plan had been simple enough: buy a drink, a snack, and find a nice spot where to sit on the beach. The problem, however, results to be her own indecisiveness, which soon also seems to become an inconvenience for others – as made clear by polite words and a gentle touch on her shoulder.
[break][break]
”Oh…” Tucking a loose strand of platinum hair behind an ear, Lia turns in the direction of the touch, and the moment her golden eyes fall upon the man before her, she finds herself hit by a wave of familiarity. Copper hair, good-looking… Where has she seen him before?
[break][break]
”...Aren’t you that guy from the dunk tank?” The one that had winked at her and made her fail her throw. Ugh, how embarrassing. Especially considering she’s supposed to have great aim.
[break][break]
Soft pink hues colour her cheeks as a result of those memories, but at a place like this, it could easily be taken for a light sunburn.
[break][break]
”Honestly… I should be in the line, but I can’t decide what to get.” She admits with a gentle and somewhat sheepish smile, bordering on apologetic. Yet, a light chuckle comes with it as well, as if laughing at her own foolishness. ”Do you have any suggestions? I’m pretty stuck here.”
[break][break]
Why not, right?
[break][break]
Surely it can’t hurt to pick based on what someone else would like.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
OUTFIT[break][break]
Mission - Hot Summer Nights🌟

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=.awt6] --accent: #E9C25D; [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: AUTO;[/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

Marsh, Slade
he / him
April 12
Castelia City, Unova
bisexual
Orthrus gang member
civilian
126 height
126 height
i like the feel of gettin' dirty / i like the feel of high octane
awards
348 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marshall
Marshall Slade
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2022 15:55:17 GMT
Marshall Slade Avatar
[nospaces]

Marshall's eyes widen in recognition when the woman turns to look at him, even before she speaks and mentions the dunk tank. That's right! She was the most recent person to try and dunk him! But at the last minute, when he'd winked at her, she looked flustered and missed.[break][break]

His most disarming smile spreads across his face at this revelation. "That's right! You're the cute girl who was behind me in line!" he says, confirming her guess. He holds out his hand to offer a shake. "I'm Marshall."[break][break]

Afterward, he turns his attention to the list of drinks. "I guess it depends on what you like. If you're into something floral, the Petal Dance sounds interesting, but if you like sour stuff, Sweet Kiss is probably more up your alley."[break][break]

He considers what he'd prefer to drink that night. Something light and summery, probably. "I think I'll have the Slateport Special."

[break]

[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Roboto Flex]
[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.marshallpost]font:13px Roboto Flex;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshallpost .marshallposttext b"]font-size:14px;color:var(--accent); } .marshallpost .marshallposttext a { font:13px Roboto Flex;font-weight:bold;text-transform:uppercase; } .marshallpost .marshallposttext i { font-size:14px;color:var(--accent); } .marshallpost .marshallposttext u { text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshallpost .marshallpostooc"]} .marshallpost .marshallpostooc b { font-size:14px;color:var(--accent); } .marshallpost .marshallpostooc a { font:13px Roboto Flex;font-weight:bold;text-transform:uppercase; } .marshallpost .marshallpostooc i { font-size:14px;color:var(--accent); } .marshallpost .marshallpostooc h1 { font:18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px } .marshallpost .marshallpostooc u { text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshallpost .marshallpostpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2022 11:11:59 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","awt6"]
[attr="class","main"]

”Hah, I didn’t expect you to remember me.”
[break][break]
Being called “cute” only serves to brighten the rosy hues that colour her cheeks, but even though she’s fully aware of this fact, Lia tries her best to ignore it. She does take his hand when he introduces himself, and if he were to pay enough attention, he would find that although small and delicate, hers is marked by calluses that have formed over years – those that are there for the same reasons why her perfectly manicured nails are always kept as short as possible.
[break][break]
”I’m Lia. It’s nice to meet you, Marshall… And sorry about almost dunking you.”
[break][break]
This time, she beams up at him, turning her attention back towards the display when he starts describing the drinks. What would she like? Well, for starters, it would be kind of rude to take more of his time with questions, wouldn’t it?
[break][break]
”You know all these well, huh? They all sound pretty good, but sour stuff can be really refreshing. I think I’ll have the Sweet Kiss.”
[break][break]
With her decision made, she looks back at him, and it’s at that moment that another decision comes spontaneously:
[break][break]
”Hey, do you wanna have a drink with me? As a thank you for the help, I guess.”

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
OUTFIT[break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=.awt6] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: AUTO;[/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

Marsh, Slade
he / him
April 12
Castelia City, Unova
bisexual
Orthrus gang member
civilian
126 height
126 height
awards
348 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marshall
Marshall Slade
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2022 12:55:56 GMT
Marshall Slade Avatar
[nospaces]

If Marshall does notice her calluses when they shake hands, or notice her brighter blush, he doesn't say anything about them. Instead, he says, "Sure!" to her offer to drink together.[break][break]

When it's their turn to order, they buy their drinks, paying separately. The woman behind the register hands them each a tall can, the Slateport Special for Marshall and the Sweet Kiss for Lia. Then she thanks them and bids them farewell before calling for the next customer.[break][break]

Stepping out of the way, Marshall opens his can, satisfied by the hiss of carbonation. He takes a quick sip of the refreshing beer and sighs with contentment at the flavor. "Nice and summery," he comments without expecting any kind of reply.[break][break]

Then he turns to Lia with a wide smile. "There's supposed to be a fireworks show over the water in a little bit. Wanna go down onto the beach and stroll around by the shallows until it starts? The water's probably gonna feel really nice and cool now that it's night."[break][break]

Some people are already gathering on the sand in small groups, but higher up on the beach, away from the surf.

[break]

[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Roboto Flex]
[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2022 16:26:13 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","awt6"]
[attr="class","main"]

There are a few reasons Lia could give as to why she had asked him to have a drink with her, starting by that she has always loved meeting new people, and that he seems really nice, fun, and sure is easy on the eyes. However, in the end, it all boils down to the fact that she’d much rather be in the company of a charming stranger than all by herself, especially on an evening like this one.
[break][break]
Their drinks are ordered, and with the cool can in her hands, she walks by his side, giving a short and soft giggle when he describes his beer as ”nice and summery”. ”Very fitting of the season.”
[break][break]
She opens her own can then, taking a tentative sip that puts a smile on her face. It has tart and fruity notes, with the flavour of sour cherry being prevalent. This one also reminds her of summer, but that’s to be expected, given that it's the season of cherries.
[break][break]
”Oh, you were right. This is really nice.” Lia looks at Marshall, and when she does, she finds her smile to be met by one wider and brighter. It’s kind of endearing, in a way.
[break][break]
”Sure, that’d be great. Would be nice to be by the shallows without ending up there after falling off a Mantine.” She laughs, having accepted her own failure at Mantine Surfing. She’ll get better at it eventually, right?

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
OUTFIT[break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

Marsh, Slade
he / him
April 12
Castelia City, Unova
bisexual
Orthrus gang member
civilian
126 height
126 height
awards
348 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marshall
Marshall Slade
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2022 16:49:14 GMT
Marshall Slade Avatar
[nospaces]

The pair make their way onto the beach, Marshall removing his sandals to walk more easily on the sand. He holds them in one hand while holding his can of beer in the other. Even though the sun has set behind the horizon, street lamps illuminate the boardwalk while bonfires shine on the beach. Some people are grouping together with snacks and drinks, while others play with their Pokémon. Marshall can even see a game of frisbee in the distance.[break][break]

The energy in the air is rejuvenating, and Marshall can't help but smile as he and Lia resume their stroll on the wetter, more compact sand constantly being washed by the surf. The ocean water is cool on his bare feet. Belatedly, he wishes he had brought his Pokémon with him. Turbine would enjoy the walk at night.[break][break]

"So, Lia, are you from around here? Slateport, I mean?" Marshall asks, intending to get to know his new acquaintance, "I'm new to Hoenn, myself. I got here just before the weird dome went up."

[break]

[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Roboto Flex]
[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2022 17:33:20 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","awt6"]
[attr="class","main"]

There’s nothing quite like the feeling of cool sand once she takes her sandals off, and as the waves gently wash ashore, she stands close enough so that the water reaches her ankles. It’s cold, but pleasantly so, and paired with the light breeze that sways her hair, it makes for the perfect atmosphere for a summer evening.
[break][break]
”I’m from Petalburg, actually, but I live in Lilycove. Slateport’s a bit too… busy for me. To live, at least.” She chuckles at that, taking another sip of her beer. Right now, Slateport beach seems like the most wonderful place to be, but Lia is not oblivious to the fact that only a few hours earlier it had been crowded. It’s fun to visit, sure, but definitely not the kind of place where she would like to live.
[break][break]
”Ah, I was wondering! You do have a bit of an eastern Unovan accent.” It takes no linguist to identify things like those, of course, but Lia happens to be one, and accents are the sort of thing she always makes note of. ”What brings you to Hoenn then, Marshall? Bet the dome wasn’t exactly the best welcome to the region.”
[break][break]
There’s a sigh, but she’d rather not have the conversation take that sort of sour note, especially when talking to someone she just met minutes ago.
[break][break]
"Hoenn's a really great place, I really hope you're enjoying your time here." Lia smiles at him, and the sentiment is as honest as that smile of hers.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
OUTFIT[break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

Marsh, Slade
he / him
April 12
Castelia City, Unova
bisexual
Orthrus gang member
civilian
126 height
126 height
awards
348 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marshall
Marshall Slade
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2022 18:08:41 GMT
Marshall Slade Avatar
[nospaces]

Marshall's eyes light up at the mention of Lilycove. Recent memories of the city bubble up to the fore of his mind: training Dragon-type Pokémon with , fighting off a hundred Wingulls with , and the movie he starred in with . "Lilycove! I love that place. I've been there a few times recently for work."[break][break]

Marshall pauses to take a sip of his beer, relishing the taste of it on his tongue. "I'm a motocross racer," he explains to Lia. "I came to Hoenn for the championship later this year, but with the meteor coming, who knows if it's still even happening?"[break][break]

This time, his laugh is tinged with a bit of melancholy. But he overcomes it quickly and adds, "I have been having fun, though. I've done a lot since I got here, made a couple of friends, and, you know." He winks at her. "I got to meet a nice lady like you."[break][break]

If Marshall means anything by his flirting, it's hard to tell. He is the kind of guy to compliment an attractive person no matter who they are, even if he's simply intending to be friendly. Whatever his meaning that night, however, their conversation is interrupted by a loud BANG.[break][break]

Overhead, the first firework glitters against the clear night sky, an exploding star of red and green. Beachgoers everywhere ooh and aah over the sight. Everyone swivels, staring in awe and delight as more fireworks shoot upward and fill the sky with color and light. The explosions reverberate around them. Marshall can feel them deep in his bones.[break][break]

He turns back to Lia, beaming. "Hey, hey, right on time!"

[break]

[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Roboto Flex]
[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2022 13:18:06 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","awt6"]
[attr="class","main"]

”Really, you’re a motocross racer? Oh, that’s so cool!” The idea of going at fast speed through rough terrain sounds thrilling, and Lia can’t help but find herself grinning at the thought. She has always been one to like exciting things, after all, and it would seem the same can be said about this new acquaintance of hers.
[break][break]
He’s also kind of a flirt, apparently.
[break][break]
She could question exactly what he means by calling her a ”nice lady”, but truth be told, the thought doesn’t even cross her mind because he decides to wink at her just as he had done back at the dunk tank. And, just like before, she finds it to be absolutely disarming, to the point that not even the cool drink does much to counter the deep blush that colours her cheeks (if anything, perhaps it just worsens it).
[break][break]
”I-...” While she struggles for words, it’s as if the universe itself comes to her rescue, and it does so in the most explosive manner possible.
[break][break]
Fireworks.
[break][break]
With flowers of light blooming in the skies behind him, Marshall beams at her, as if the fireworks had really made him completely forget what he had just said. When realising as much, she laughs – a melodious and sweet sound that rises in the briny sea air.
[break][break]
”Looks like it! You have good timing.” At that point, she pauses, looking up at the fireworks while feeling the way the cold water washes over the shore. ”This is really nice, Marshall.”
[break][break]
A good summer memory, no doubt.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
OUTFIT[break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,962 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2022 23:56:48 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: