Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
Should I bite my tongue, until blood soaks my shirt?
awards
1,384 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
inevitable
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2022 0:00:11 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king"]
a final kick to the ribs is enough to bring down his opponent. grinning with teeth stained crimson, king makes his way out of the ring.
[break][break]
a thin sheen of sweat covers him, but he quickly tosses a shirt over it, moving to the bar.
[break][break]
"the usual," he orders, leaning against old wood as his breathe returns to him. he takes a glance around, winking at a woman he has no interest in, before landing his predatorial eyes on something... interesting.
[break][break]
"boruta fuckin' maher. well, well, well. what brings ye ta the seedy side of town?"

[attr="class","notes"][break]

[attr="class","wizzcredit"]

[newclass=".king"] --accent:#74abb6; [/newclass]

[newclass=".king"]margin:0 auto;width:470px;line-height:15px;margin-top:-20px;margin-bottom:50px; font-size:12px;letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".king blockquote b"] color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; } .king blockquote i { color:var(--accent); } .king blockquote u { letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted; [/newclass]
[newclass=".king .wizzcredit"]float:right;margin-top:25px;margin-right:-40px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:5px;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;padding:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".king .notes"] margin:25px 30px -15px 30px; text-align:center; padding-top:10px; border-top:1px solid #222; font:11px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
BROKEN GLASS IN EVERY TREE
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
inevitable
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2022 10:24:22 GMT
boruta maher Avatar

it smelled like sweat and adrenaline. the air was hot. it was loud. it hit him in the chest, sending energizing shockwaves up his sides and down to the tips of his fingers. he wanted to hit back.

i shouldn’t be here.

the doorway behind him disappeared, faded into the crowd that he waded into, utterly hypnotized. the occasional cat call from old betters went ignored. mostly, people left him alone. his face was so old that it was new again.

i shouldn’t be here.

soon enough, he’d found the bar, and had just begun nursing a beer in a sweaty palm when he heard a familiar voice. the blue flashed in his peripheral vision. when he turned his head, his own face was neither friendly nor aggressive. he looked more like he was in a daze.

i should not be here.

”just watchin’.”

he sipped, and his gaze left again, falling on king’s last opponent still recovering at the edge of the ring. bo's chin nodded in the man’s direction.

”who’s that?”
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,384 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
inevitable
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2022 20:19:43 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king"]
king turns his head, casting a quick glance at the man he'd just defeated. he was conscious now, being helped out of the ring with a person on either side. he tosses a cheeky grin, shrugging.
[break][break]
"no clue. got me twenty bucks, though." the simplicity of beating on a nameless stranger was easy; gratifying in a way he couldn't exactly articulate.
[break][break]
a glass of something brown hits the table in-front of him and king tosses it back. it drowns that all too profound metallic bite from tasting his own blood.
[break][break]
all but slamming it down, he has a thought.
[break][break]
"why don't ye give a shot? look like ye need a bit of stress relief." for good measure he barks a breathy laugh. "'sides, what's the score 'tween us? 8-8?"

[newclass=".king"]margin:0 auto;width:470px;line-height:15px;margin-top:-20px;margin-bottom:50px; font-size:12px;letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".king blockquote b"] color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; } .king blockquote i { color:var(--accent); } .king blockquote u { letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted; [/newclass]
[newclass=".king .wizzcredit"]float:right;margin-top:25px;margin-right:-40px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:5px;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;padding:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".king .notes"] margin:25px 30px -15px 30px; text-align:center; padding-top:10px; border-top:1px solid #222; font:11px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
inevitable
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2022 13:45:57 GMT
boruta maher Avatar

twenty bucks. twenty bucks wasn’t shit. king was here for the same thing he’d used to come here for, and it wasn’t monetary. it was something in the heart.

he sipped his beer, eyes still lingering on the loser. 8-8. sounded about right, from what he could remember.

“nah, i can’t. got a new job, gotta keep my face pretty.” and he shook too many hands to have his knuckles busted up.

he was doing big boy things, all grown up now. no more messy grunt work. no more paid fights. no more scraps. 
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,384 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
inevitable
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2022 19:53:53 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king"]
"ah," he says in an exaggerated way, chuckling a single, quick note. it sounded more like a grunt, to those who weren't paying attention.
[break][break]
"fatherhood made ye soft. i get it." he shrugs, snapping his fingers for another drink. the bartender complies, already having one prepared. this was a routine, it seemed.
[break][break]
"no sweat, yer probably not the only lug in 'ere whose ass i can find 'n kick." he looks around, for emphasis, glass still on his lips.

close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
inevitable
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2022 9:26:31 GMT
boruta maher Avatar

”think so?”

fatherhood had made him soft? fatherhood made him want to smack someone sometimes, but he refrained, because he wasn’t going to repeat even more of his own father’s mistakes. he had wanted to strangle the man after the last time he’d seen wearing a black eye.

he wasn’t going to let king get to him. at least, not that easily.

”surely not.”

his gold eyes had left king, still scanning the crowd for familiar faces, but his old rival held much of his attention.

”i’ll be here watchin’.”
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights