Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,969 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
clifford [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2022 2:07:14 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","greyson"]

being dubbed the 'best friend' of the champion (^_^) was a lot of pressure, but greyson was up to the task. he waves to , pointing to the big red button as his hand drops.
[break][break]
"hey! i've been curious about this gym of yours. do i just... press this?"
[break][break]
he waits on baited breathe... then he just presses it.

[attr="class","notes"][break][break]R4A1WYKQ

[attr="class","wizzcredit"]

[newclass=".greyson"] --accent:#7c98b2; [/newclass]

[newclass=".greyson"]margin:0 auto;width:470px;line-height:15px;margin-top:-20px;margin-bottom:50px; font-size:12px;letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".greyson blockquote b"] color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; } .greyson blockquote i { color:var(--accent); } .greyson blockquote u { letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted; [/newclass]
[newclass=".greyson .wizzcredit"]float:right;margin-top:25px;margin-right:-40px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:5px;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;padding:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".greyson .notes"] margin:25px 30px -15px 30px; text-align:center; padding-top:10px; border-top:1px solid #222; font:11px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,453 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
clifford [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2022 18:42:14 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle was working on a personal project when arrives. he leaves it alone, but carries the charjabug with him as he accompanies him to the stage for the button.

the screen rolls on multiple squares until it slows down, revealing what the gym leader has to face for the challenge.

leader borrows a type/theme from the major league

underneath the words displayed on the screen, another roll happens. eventually it lands on the slateport gym. kyle scratches his head, given that the councilman's gym was already an oddity on its own.

"'s theme, huh? are you ready for a squad battle?"

it's something that both him and silph enjoyed as a format. a bit unorthodox, but that's the fun of it. the only other step for the classic silph touch was to let his pokemon act on their own devices.

he drops the charjabug on the ground and then releases two other blue rats. he steps back a bit, and then motions for the challenger to take the first move.

@tags
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,969 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
clifford [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2022 5:38:05 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","greyson"]
his own battle at 's gym was a 1 on 1 between legends, so admittedly, this format would be new for him in practice.
[break][break]
but, in theory? as matias would say — tch.
[break][break]
all three pokemon meet the floor of the hall, each as small, cute, and mousey as 's own. they each stare down their respective opponents.
[break][break]
"so, kind of like, a no-holds barred, three vs three?"
[break][break]
unfortunately, his pokemon aren't too keen on letting the question get a proper answer. the twins start off their attacks first, impatience guiding their childish actions.
[break][break]
both the plusle and the minun lend the third pokemon, the ball of silver spikes and body fat, a HELPNG HAND (xo2). it bristles under their support, but launches a barrage of PIN MISSILE after 's trio of pokemon.

[attr="class","notes"]

[newclass=".greyson"]margin:0 auto;width:470px;line-height:15px;margin-top:-20px;margin-bottom:50px; font-size:12px;letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".greyson blockquote b"] color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; } .greyson blockquote i { color:var(--accent); } .greyson blockquote u { letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted; [/newclass]
[newclass=".greyson .wizzcredit"]float:right;margin-top:25px;margin-right:-40px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:5px;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;padding:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".greyson .notes"] margin:25px 30px -15px 30px; text-align:center; padding-top:10px; border-top:1px solid #222; font:11px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,453 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
clifford [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2022 19:40:17 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"kind of. we usually just let it run in the background, and let them do their own thing... or at least, that's what fern would do."

the pachirisu raises its finger, trying to take the fall for its teammates by redirecting attacks to her with follow me.

two equally supportive mons, both trained for their intended roles, haven't adjusted yet to their team dynamics. instead of taking the opportunity given to them by their teammates, they decide on backing her up instead.

the minun decides to discharge its electricity in a field full of electric-types while the charjabug slings a mud slap from the ground towards the togedemaru to blind it.

"he also would talk a lot when i challenged his gym, and then drag the conversation for far too long even after i started losing interest on the subject."

his memories of his challenge against the silph wasn't really fun.

@tags
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,969 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
clifford [gym]
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2022 5:40:40 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","greyson"]
MUD SLAP lands, blinding the chubby grey mouse. in its panic, it fires blind PIN MISSILES.
[break][break]
"really?" greyson asks, thinking back to his challenges against the conglomerate head, "my first challenge was against.. a random voice? and my second, well, he barely talked at all." could it be just a relationship dynamic?
[break][break]
goaded on by FOLLOW ME, the twin pokemon zap across the field after it in a QUICK ATTACK. a wash of DISCHARGE slows them, but it's not enough to stop them entirely, as they bound across the field.

[attr="class","notes"]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,453 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
clifford [gym]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2022 18:53:37 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"i guess my case was different, i think. on hindsight, i probably was one of his first challengers so he probably was there to see how things work."

he could've been an exception as well, since he does advertise the power scaling of his gym depending on badges at the time of the challenge. it's kind of unfair, on hindsight, since at least he can keep quiet if it was just a disembodied voice.

"i'd switch places with you if i could," he tells greyson. "i forgot what we talked about, but it's probably something boring like politics or what my plans in the future was. i think he thinks i'm interested in philosophy."

the pachirisu earns a headbutt or two from the pair of cheering pokemon. he was ready to give one attacker a big smooch with a sweet kiss, but the second one catches him off guard that it throws him away from his original position.

the charjabug panics at it until the minun uses it as cover for the blind pin missile. it tries to set up a light screen against it, but it had little effect on the barrage of needles coming at it.

the minun, on the other hand, starts to blast another discharge that kept blinding kyle. taking in charges from the battery helps, but not so much against other electric-types.

@tags
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,969 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
clifford [gym]
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2022 4:16:29 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","greyson"]
"hm, the coucilman could just be lonely?" he offers, though that was purely guess work. "or, maybe it's like, 'hey you're just as strong as i am, let's connect', you know?" arceus he'd be a terrible therapist.
[break][break]
with the offensive in-hand, they keep up their respective assaults. all but tubby, that was. outlined in a yellowish-hue, it rises into the air on the metaphorical wings of a MAGNET RISE. it takes a moment to get its bearings, but guided by its will, it begins crossing the battlefield.
[break][break]
recognizing the charjabug as a prime target, its BATTERY a threat in a battle of attrition like this, plusle and minun get to work.
[break][break]
like a pair of acrobats, one pushes themselves to the ground, the other stepping onto their feet. with a HELPING HAND, minun kicks the plusle, its small forming rolling into a QUICK ATTACK. the DISCHARGE from their opponent threatens their momentum, slowing them slightly, but hopefully not that much...

[attr="class","notes"]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,453 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
clifford [gym]
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2022 17:34:18 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"eh. he's arrogant, but not at that regard." for the most part, kyle and fernando have that it common anyways. "maybe if it's something like using common sense and such. he always gets affected when people don't use their heads."

the pachirisu and the minun all see the charjabug being targeted. the supportive style they are accustomed with kicks in. without a leader to instruct them, however, three different approaches were worked on instead of one cohesive charge.

the minun's paws point to the charjabug as it gives it her abilities with entrainment. unfortunately, it doesn't get followed up.

charjabug goes on the offensive and spews out toxic at the plusle, getting its attacker drenched in viscous liquid, while the pachirisu, has a different target, leading with super fang against the minun at the back.

on the background, the screen rolls the roulette again, the blaring sound being heard amidst the fight.

5CwFu4qJ

21-30 > both sides takes a shot

a pair of zeraora appears from the back, carrying a bottle of alcohol alongside a glass. one goes to the challenger while the other approaches kyle.

"ugh, i should've stuck with battle related ones," he grumbles as he begrudgingly downs a glass of vodka.

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,969 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
clifford [gym]
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2022 5:03:38 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","greyson"]
he'd barely been in a room with councilman , but, he could see kyle's point. couldn't really blame the guy, either. common sense, and the lack of it, was the first sign of continued negligence.
[break][break]
covered in TOXIC, plusle begins to show signs of being POISONED. her sister quickly moves to give her a HELPING HAND, but has to back up as she narrowly misses being hit by a SUPER FANG. frustrated, plusle tosses an ELECTRO BALL, unaware of her opponent's ability..
[break][break]
meanwhile, guided by a MAGNET RISE, tubby looks down upon his opponents like a lord passing judgement. his tail lashes out, FELL STINGERS aiming to pin and prick anyone and anything.
[break][break]
pulled from the heat of battle, greyson looks up (down?) at the glass of alcohol. huh. this didn't seem like it was especially 'legal' in these matches. but was champion...
[break][break]
he downs it anyways.

[attr="class","notes"]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,453 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
clifford [gym]
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2022 10:07:45 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the change in demeanor happens quick.

"ya know who made these conditions up?" he asks as he gives the shot glass back to his zeraora. there's a pause, but he waits until greyson speaks up before blurting out his answer. "yeah, i already forgot."

he looks at his pokemon, who paces themselves slow, as per the training kyle has given them. "oi! make this fight quick! use--"

he stops himself from talking further. "oh. oops. i wasn't suppose to order 'em around."

"what's alcohol s'pose to do for this match anyways?" he questions his challenger. "it ain't jus' doin' anythin' at all! ugh, i need to rework my stuff."

his pokemon, hearing their trainer's change of tone, start to act differently. frantic, they move towards their opponent with a different approach than before.

as soon as the pachirisu volt absorbs the electro ball, it uses up the electricity to discharge another bout of sparks across the arena. it hits everything, albeit the charjabug hides behind the protection of the light screen while minun simply volt absorbs it back, ultimately paying no mind to it.

the minun uses the charjabug as its stage, standing on top of its flat top. another discharge is, well, discharged, making use of the charjabug's battery. it gets thrown off from its feet when the togedemaru floats by, injuring it with its attack.

being pressured into the offensive, the charjabug shoots its string shot at the togedemaru in an attempt to bring it down, opening it up for attacks for its team later.

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,969 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
clifford [gym]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2023 19:06:43 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","greysonbase"]
[attr="class","greyson1"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","greysonimg"]

[attr="class","greyson2"]

his outburst, and subsequent subdual, pulls a laugh from greyson's lips. this felt less like a gym-battle, and more like a friendly spar. not that greyson minded. this had been the most fun he'd had in a while.
[break][break]
"who knows!" he calls out, egging on kyle's own confusion. "maybe another shot will tell us?"
[break][break]
the back-and-forth discharges, absorptions, and power-ups, makes for a rather unique strategy. he could see the appeal of it, if given enough time, that was. which, in a battle between giants, was unlikely. but here?
[break][break]
hm.
[break][break]
an idea begins to form in plusle mind, and at once she looks at her sister. they both nod, racing to both jump onto the back of the floating pokemon. room is tight, but doable with coordination.
[break][break]
USS Tubby, the great Fleet Carrier, takes the brunt of two discharges and shakes them off. his typing was perfect for this, after all. the only threat to his existence is negated as an ELECTRO BALL fires itself with surprisingly pinpoint accuracy at the on-coming string.
[break][break]
with the assistance of plusle's HELPING HAND, the great USS Tubby barrages all three with empowered pin-missiles.
[break][break]
if coordinated assaults weren't working, then perhaps a carpet bomb would.
[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","greyson3"]
[attr="class","greysonpoke"]
[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.greysonbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#7c98b2;[/newclass]
[newclass=.greysonbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.greyson1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.greysonimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.greysonimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.greyson2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.greysonpoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.greysonpoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.greyson2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.greyson2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.greyson3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,453 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
clifford [gym]
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2023 17:20:11 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the light screen does little to protect the trio.

in their panic, they decide to throw everything they can.

a splotch of toxic from the charjabug goes to the opposing minun.

the pachirisu charges at the plusle with its nuzzle.

kyle's own minun decides to get another discharge out.

as his pokemon get panic under the barrage of moves, he looks back at greyson. his statement bugged him for some reason, but with his current condition, he can't quite point out a reason why.

"i would if that rolls again," he grumbles before he pipes up again. "but if ya can change that event to somethin' else, whaddya suggest?"

a finger points at him. "it's not fair when you aren't even a little bit tipsy!"

it was still just one single shot.

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,969 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
clifford [gym]
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2023 20:26:54 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","greysonbase"]
[attr="class","greyson1"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","greysonimg"]

[attr="class","greyson2"]

the battle rages onwards.
[break][break]
the opposing NUZZLE meets the inflated togedemaru's floating form. grunting from the pain of contact, his IRON BARBS stick to the flesh of his attacker.
[break][break]
TOXIC sludge washes over the plusle as well as togedemaru, coating them in POISON.
[break][break]
DISCHARGE meets minun's ELECTRO BALL, saving their small area from the attack. all the while dark clouds form over the field and a powerful bolt of lightning THUNDERs towards kyle's minun.
[break][break]
greyson raises his voice to speak over the battle.
[break][break]
"well, i guess... what's the intention? you could probably achieve a disorienting effect with a confuse ray, right?"
[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","greyson3"]
[attr="class","greysonpoke"]
[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.greysonbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#7c98b2;[/newclass]
[newclass=.greysonbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.greyson1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.greysonimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.greysonimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.greyson2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.greysonpoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.greysonpoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.greyson2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.greyson2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.greyson3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,453 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
clifford [gym]
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 1:11:34 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
any sort of formality gets thrown out of the window, had the last of it not left yet, as the outburst comes from his frustrations.

"fuck! i knew i shouldn't have let those kids write these down!"

as things went down, kyle's pokemon gets chipped down slowly in terms of fatigue, if not by the damage dished out on them. they get ready to launch their own counter-attack when kyle proposes something to his challenger.

they stop, sensing their own trainer's intent to do the same.

"hey? how about ya take the badge while i go rework my entire thing? sounds good?"

as words were exchange, the roulette continues to spin regardless.

l_nuogNk
41-50 > weather/terrain change
hail

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,969 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
clifford [gym]
POSTED ON May 2, 2023 23:52:06 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-wrap"]
[attr="class","char-main"]
[attr="class","char-words"]greyson mulls over the idea, lower lip folded in thought. finally, he shrugs.
[break][break]
"i can work with that." one-by-one, greyson recalls his pokemon.
[break][break]
"i'll make sure to sign up for your reworked gym." he flashes a smile. "..about that alcohol, though."

[break]

[attr="class","char-notes"]

notes

[attr="class","char-pkmn"]

[newclass=.char-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap b] color: #2a879e; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-main] padding: 25px; font: 12.5px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-pkmn] margin-top: -25px; margin-bottom: 15px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 5px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]