March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Ashfall
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2022 23:34:49 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin smiled back, Kiara sounding an amused purr as well. Even the Pyroar could see the dry humor and sense of irony in their discussion. "Anything to get away from the politics of recent events," her smile also turned into a laugh. "I would like to take my clients to places other than Hoenn. Hopefully soon." She had all kinds of places she wanted to go, particularly in Sinnoh. Mount Coronet in particular had so much history behind it that she had to go there once the League was able to destroy the invisible cage keeping her from leaving.

"That's exactly it," the lioness' rider confirmed. "Anything that can maintain a heat shield. Humans just aren't meant to survive down there, which has me curious as to what's there. I've seen some ruins of pretty advanced civilizations in some of the harshest parts of the region." The desert ruins she had recently returned from came to mind; that underground pyramid was enormous!

As Shalin was recounting her story, the shrill cry of a Talonflame shrieking above her like a blazing comet caught her attention. That would be a wonderful Pokémon for exploring the superheated space above Mount Chimney's crater! She had to catch it! There was just one problem, though; Talonflame were incredibly fast. Far faster than any Pokémon Shalin had. Her Flygon was her best bet, Shalin releasing Sandy. She leaned down to pat her trainer on the shoulder before leaping into the air and taking off on buzzing wings.

Seeing a challenger to its territory, the Talonflame FLAME CHARGED back and forth with blinding speed. While the fire-type didn't have the agility the Flygon did, even her superior reaction time wouldn't let her evade the blistering fast jousting. This left her with only one tactic. "Daisuke, cover your ears!" Shalin did the same before shouting, "Sandy, use BOOMBURST!" With a loud cry, the dragon-type's wings disappeared, beating so fast to shriek louder and higher-pitched than one thought to be possible. The grating noise was akin to nails-on-chalkboard, the Talonflame's own shriek of pain drowned out by the intense noise.

A deafening shockwave exploded outward from Sandy as she churned her wings full throttle, the wingtips reaching supersonic speeds and creating layers of sonic booms. A potent FLAME CHARGE from the wild sent the dragon-type spiraling to the ground, unable to recover stable flight while buzzing fast enough to maintain the BOOMBURST. Both of them crashed near Daisuke, Shalin bounding toward the Talonflame and underhand-throwing a Poké Ball toward the burning bird.

{WC: 425}
{PC: 6}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Sandy         Flygon         Poor
Queen Zing    Beedrill       Good
Flit          Yanmega        Good
Kiara         Pyroar-F       Good
Treble        Hakamo-o       Good
Prance        Wyrdeer        Good

ooc: catching Talonflame!
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,494 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Ashfall
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2022 4:58:35 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

The dark-haired man would listen to her silently, nodding his head as she brought up escaping the politics of Hoenn.

"I would love to see the outside of Hoenn, to be honest with you.", he'd remark.

For a moment, Thomas took a moment to admire the falling ashes. They were reminiscent of snowflakes, at least in the way they fell and scattered through the area.

As Shalin advised 'Daisuke' to cover his ears, he'd not only do so, but he would hit the deck, before the Boomburst rocked the area. In truth, he wanted to grab his earplugs, but the threat of another Boomburst going off before he could insert them kept his hands tightly clasped to his ears.

The two Pokemon would finally crash nearby. As Shalin captured the Talonflame, the trainer brought out his Clawitzer. "Heal Pulse on the Flygon.", he'd order.

The Clawitzer would grumble a bit, before firing off a wave of healing energy to the Flygon.

Nearby, an unfortunate Scrafty laid unconscious. The two Boomburst that rocked the area had both hit her, and knocked her out.

tags:
notes: Passing on Scrafty
Also mention of Snowflake

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,007 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Ashfall
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2022 6:58:06 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD LAMPENT APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] INFILTRATOR
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SMOG
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]EMBER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FLAME BURST
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]MEMENTO
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SIRFETCH'D APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SCRAPPY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DETECT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DEFOG
[attr="class","wildtabox"]KNOCK OFF
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FINAL GAMBIT

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]
CAUGHT THE TALONFLAME!
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Ashfall
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2022 21:42:39 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
The Clawitzer's HEAL PULSE eased away Sandy's wounds, but not her fatigue. Out of all the Pokémon that could use BOOMBURST, Flygon's method of discharging the sonic attack put some of the highest stress on its body compared to other species. Shalin could already see small discolorations at the bases of Sandy's wings, presumably from overstressing them. "Thank you so much. You didn't have to do that," she gratefully accepted Daisuke's help in making sure Sandy was as comfortable as possible. "Return - you did a great job out there." With that, she withdrew her Flygon and carried on, rounding a corner toward Fallarbor Town, and at last, upwind from the rain of ash.

Kiara needed the healing, as well; with her sensitive hearing, Sandy's sonic blast was especially loud to her. She lightly scratched behind the lion's ears, the deep purr to follow gently rattling Shalin in the saddle. "Hey, that tickles!" she giggled. Taking advantage of the two being upwind from Mount Chimney, she took the opportunity to brush Kiara clean of as much ash as possible. The stuff was heavy, after all!

"Looks like we're closing in on Fallarbor Town," Shalin mused aloud. "I've got a pit stop to make there before going to Mount Chimney proper."

ooc: Skipping!

{WC: 210}
{PC: 7}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Sandy         Flygon         Good
Queen Zing    Beedrill       Good
Flit          Yanmega        Good
Kiara         Pyroar-F       Good
Treble        Hakamo-o       Good
Prance        Wyrdeer        Good
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,494 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Ashfall
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2023 0:06:09 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

The Clawitzer, upon seeing how the Pyroar was acting, let out a Heal Pulse to try to treat whatever was wrong with her. At this point, he knew what his master would ask for, and delivered before he could be asked.

"It's about time I head back to Verdanturf myself. Perhaps we may meet again?", he asked Shalin.

In the distance, Daisuke would spy a Sirfetch'd attempting to use Defog to clear the soot storm.

The dark-haired man would send out Freke the Alakazam to attack it. The Alakazam attempted to take out the knightly duck with a burst of Expanding Force. The Sirfetch'd would Detect this, and raise his shield to protect himself. In retaliation, he would charge towards the Alakazam, attempting to Knock him Off his feet.

Freke would Teleport to safety, before he could be hit by the sweeping leek. In a moment of desperation and defiance, the Sirfetch'd attempted to use a Final Gambit to take his opponent out with him. But before he could go through with the reckless attack, Freke would unleash another Expanding Force, this time successfully striking the duck, and taking him out.

'Daisuke' would toss a Pokeball at the unconscious Pokemon.

tags:
notes: Cap attempt on Sirfetch'd. Also Fin

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,007 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Ashfall
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2023 1:26:00 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]THOMAS CAUGHT THE SIRFETCH'D!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SCRAPPY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DETECT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DEFOG
[attr="class","wildtabox"]KNOCK OFF
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FINAL GAMBIT

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] CONGRATULATIONS!