2,346 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
tada [c]
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2022 19:37:36 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
a smaller tree of life that popped up from the explosion of infinity energy finds its home here. it's been a while since
they acquired it, but with what happened during the darkest day, it finds itself its first visitors for a while.

out of the people responsible for it, only priam remains active.

he knows the ins and outs of the illusion erected to protect its existence, bringing alongside his own to help him navigate through it as well. no one has been interested in it for the longest time besides priam, who still visited it from time to time to make sure it wasn't dead.

various zorua and zoroark would welcome them as they approach the tree. they have known about priam, but their eyes glare at his guest, only to be quieted down by the grunt's own zoroark.

as soon as everything's sorted out, priam turns to his guest and gives her a proper welcome.

"ya said yer interested in this, yeah? tada!" his hands shake as he shows the tree itself. "bet ya yer surprised ta see this right 'ere!"

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
tada [c]
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2022 6:14:35 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Arbre de Vie
[break][break]
[break]
If Elisabeth hadn't first seen the Tree of Life in Sootopolis, the sight of its smaller cousin here would have taken her breath away.

Instead, a strange sense of déjà vu accompanied her as she followed through the illusion, as if getting a glimpse of the world as they knew it before the Dawn of the Darkest Day. "Very surprised," she admitted.

The encroaching Zorua and Zoroark sniffed at Elisabeth and seemed satisfied, or bored, with whatever they found in her. Probably the faint smell of lilies.

"Has there really been no interest in this? Even after everything in Sootopolis?" she wondered aloud, peering up through the branches of the tree.

One of her greatest regrets was not giving enough time to studying the Tree of Life, but it hadn't kept her from being curious. From finding out about this.

"When I found your report in our files, I was stunned that this was the first I'd heard of it."

She turned to Priam, her arms crossed as she lifted an eyebrow. "Is this place meant to be such a well-kept secret? Or are people just disinterested."

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Exploring Mini-Tree of Life ✿
[break]
[break]
[newclass=".elisafont b"]color: #7bb661;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
Embrace the dark you call a home, Gaze upon an empty, white throne
awards
2,346 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
tada [c]
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2022 18:35:58 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"it's more like there's no point in doing experiments when the tree of life on sootopolis was so much more closer and just a better specimen in general."

eyes look up to the tree.

"this one's like an inferior version of it, in a way." it's smaller and has less output of infinity energy than the one at sootopolis. "you don't really take notice of something that's been overshadowed by a superstar, right?"

priam feels bad, being a sentimental person at his core. he did neglect it as well as soon as the search for xerneas came to a halt, albeit due to bitterness over anything else.

"on the bright side, even the league doesn't seem to take notice of this either, so it all works out in the end."

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
tada [c]
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2022 4:45:34 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Arbre de Vie
[break][break]
[break]
"Ah," she said, nodding at the insight. "That would explain it, then."

He had a point. Why focus on an inferior specimen, when you had the Tree of Life in all its magnificence and splendour?

Elisabeth frowned, mulling over the matter.

"I wonder how long that will last. The League not noticing, that is."

They had a lot occupying their mind, at least. Meteors, for one. Team Rocket itself having attacked one of their politicians, for another. Likely infighting, like any proper governmental structure was bound to have.

A smaller, less impressive Tree of Life was somewhere in the far back of their priority list.

"...This might be a tangent, but, indulge me." She looked over to Priam again, a question in her eyes. "Your report mentioned Blue Mulch. I've read some on the topic, but to speak honestly, the phenomena is not something I am all that familiar with."

Her arms uncrossed, instead clasping behind her as she tilted her head.

"What is the relationship of it to the Tree, exactly?"

[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,346 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
tada [c]
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2022 19:14:11 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
the inquiry gets priam to take a deep breath before speaking.

"at the moment, the league doesn't really care about infinity energy, not to mention they have all their attention on the meteor. those things they use for their little plan are fueled with primal energy, so they'll probably concentrate more on that. oh! and they're doin' research on crystal blooms too, so they'll probably have that as a substitute instead! i'd say they won't really care until they run out of things to do!"

intel from working with the league's scientists comes through. he's been wanting to say something smart concerning it for a while now that it feels refreshing to finally talk about something related to his work.

indulging elisa was more than welcome.

"it's, like, residue from the tree of life, so it's got all the nice tree of life properties, ya get me? it's basically the sap from the tree added to soil, and when refined, can actually revive dead pokemon! both league and rocket got to the same conclusion, so i'd say it's pretty legit! i've seen it work too! i think you can check the archives of the previous head scientist if you wanna take a looksie. it's dated around, uh, two years ago, i'd say!"

he folds his arms as a thought bothers him.

"i guess no one tried it at the big one at sootopolis since it's actually just a giant hole inside."

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
tada [c]
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2022 22:38:49 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Arbre de Vie
[break][break]
[break]
"I have to say, you're extremely knowledgeable about all this," Elisabeth said, something appreciative in the way she smiled. She'd skimmed his primal energy research with , but the finer points eluded her. As much as Elisabeth had a keen interest in science, her personal experience was firmly rooted in botany.

"Primal energy... that was discovered by the late , yes? Who then succumbed to primal energy intoxication. You'd know the details better than me, at least. Your scientific reach is impressive."

She paused here, thinking, before asking suddenly, "Given that, do you think their plans for METENO will work?"

Elisabeth felt like she'd come into so many things flat-footed ever since her ascent to admin; the woman hadn't been in Hoenn, really, even an entire year yet. Already there had been so many fantastical events that she'd had to adjust to, everything from a world-ending meteor to the attack of Necrozma on Sootopolis.

The history she'd stepped into felt vast, but learning about it in this way felt easier than poring alone over archives. It breathed life into stories.

She still had so many questions, one firing after another in her mind, but she tried to prioritize as she turned to , noticing the furrow in his brow as she did so.

"Oh? Has Blue Mulch ever been attempted on reviving things besides dead Pokémon?"

[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,346 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
tada [c]
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2022 11:02:16 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
he puffs his chest at the praise. if he can get off of anything, it's definitely any sort of compliment. "hehe, i don't know much, but i know better than most people i'd say!" he humble brags.

about the meteor-

"it'll work! miss eva doesn't think it won't so it must be able to work! well, she doesn't like how it works, apparently, but i guess that's just like her, uh, what's it called... moral stance."

and about the blue mulch-

"oh, not exactly the blue mulch, but the tree of life managed to revive two other people before! i can send ya a link to an article if ya wanna look further into it later if needed."

priam would send her the link to an issue of the news website later if she does find interest in it.

"and i don't know if you count ultra beasts and a legendary pokemon as, well, regular ol' pokemon, but those worked too before! i actually have the revived ultra beast on my pc if ya wanna see it later too! he's kinda cool, but he's more on the smaller side that the ones people tell stories about."

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
tada [c]
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2022 3:19:17 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Arbre de Vie
[break][break]
[break]
It relieved her, that had such faith in the League's ability to curb METENO. Privately, Elisabeth hoped that Rocket had some contingency plan in place to assure it would be stopped -- a hope that would in the near future be publicly dashed by , and dismissed as unnecessary -- but to know that the best minds of the League held confidence in its success reassured her.

Her words to hadn't been idle, when she'd said she wanted her plans to succeed.

"Morality is a luxury when the apocalypse is nigh," Elisabeth said in mild distaste for 's stance, but moved on quickly from that subject.

Who was she to begrudge a scientist her opinion, given that this woman's research had done more to save the region than Elisabeth herself ever would?

And Elisabeth was interested in what Priam had to say, as it happened. She would add that article to the countless list of things she had planned to read in her submarine office, several passages highlighted regarding the Blue Mulch specifically.

"Is the Pokémon different now that it's been revived?" she asked. A pause fell, before she ventured, "And the humans, did they act differently, too?"

What must it be like, to come back to life again? Would it just resume as normal?

[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,346 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
tada [c]
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2022 2:28:28 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
he crosses his arms. he tries to remember each individual pokemon that was involved with the revival of the blue mulch and differentiated them in his head. he comes up with blanks.

"not that i know of," he answers.

the people didn't have much difference in personality last time he checked. there's his gabite, who was still as quiet as he was since before he died. the guzzlord, who was basically just a tentacle beforehand. his head comes up with the last one.

"oh, my braviary." it was an impromptu revival with the help of , but it's one that came from blue mulch nonetheless. "you know how shadow pokemon got more aggressive after their change? this one lost all of that, but it's still the same minus that."

he recalls a similar thing with 's lugia. the coincidence becomes obvious after that realization.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
tada [c]
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2022 4:35:24 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Arbre de Vie
[break][break]
[break]
Elisabeth too found herself thinking of Lugia -- how had mentioned the Absorber had restored the creature's mind from its previous state.

"...Hm. Illumina Pokémon have an unusual amount of infinity energy, don't they?" she thought aloud suddenly. "I wonder. Are we to believe they are diametrically opposed to Shadow Pokémon? That perhaps the aggressive tendencies of them are due to some lower imbalance in infinity energy, while the Illumina have an overabundance?"

It was wild conjecture, really. She knew too little of Shadow Pokemon to venture such a guess. But it would explain why the infusion of infinity energy restored their behavior to something else.

"I apologize for flinging out theories," Elisabeth said, somewhat embarrassed as a hand reached absently for the nape of her neck. "I think I've been trying to sort out infinity energy in general these days. Most of my time on the submarine lately is spend tending to the crystabloom labs, propagating new specimens."

She turned once more to the tree that had drawn them both here in the first place. Thinking. Wondering.

"Do you think this tree here could grow into a proper Tree of Life?" Would they want it to? Would she be able to help, if so?

[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,346 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
tada [c]
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2022 16:48:18 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
priam smiles as elisabeth throws out her theories. he's ready to open his mouth to throw in his until she had apologized. he supposed now wasn't the time to be making up ideas that he has no way of supporting.

instead, he's thrown a question he still has a lot to say about.

"ah, if that was the case, wouldn't it have grown already?" he answers without much thought. "this already existed before the one on sootopolis appeared anyways. might be a dud, y'know. those are always a thing, i think. i guess that just makes this tree a novelty more than anything and-"

he catches himself being overly negative, which is then corrected right after.

"-that's just a thought. that's just what people think! there's probably somethin' 'round sootopolis that made it grow that big, i bet! ya know cave of origins? i heard that was a spooky place! do ya think the magic in that place got it to grow that big? mt. pyre isn't really as magical as somethin' like that place if it had like stories of it."

he wonders if he overcompensated with that.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
tada [c]
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2022 6:51:13 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Arbre de Vie
[break][break]
[break]
"Oh. That's true," Elisabeth mused, tapping her chin absently with a finger. "Sometimes plants just... don't grow to expectation." She'd experienced it enough times in her own gardens to know that fact well enough.

Negativity didn't dissuade Elisabeth, however. Cynic that she was, she generally expected disappointments in life. Which made 's shift towards positives somewhat surprising, and admittedly, welcome.

"You know, that is a good point, actually. What is it about Sootopolis that made the Tree of Life grow as it did?" Her own voice became animated as a few thoughts clicked together, like puzzle pieces snapping into place. "For example... based on our work with soil samples, we theorize the crystablooms are tied to the distortions in some manner. Some manifestation of infinity energy."

She glanced about herself, studying the environs for a moment as if trying to ascertain something missing.

"Honestly, I don't know much about the Cave of Origin at all, save that it's where our submarine lingers more often than not."

[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,346 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
tada [c]
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2022 12:20:18 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
he tilts his head and smiles as elisabeth goes on with her musings. it's nice that she lets him listen to her thought process with how secretive everyone in rocket is, but he can't give much of an insight with the scientific side of things unless someone else has already researched about it and he just reiterates it.

he does know about urban legends and whatnot with how much he hangs out with people.

"did you know that some people say the place has connection with the legendary pokemon of hoenn?" he tells elisabeth. "like it's the place where kyogre or groudon, i dunno which one, sleeps, or something like that. that's why the league tried to take it with their primal shard stuff, i think."

he's not really sure about the latter even if he has ears from within. after all, he just works as some sort of assistant. with a sigh, his shoulders give way to a shrug.

"but that's just stories though. sorry, i don't really have actual facts to back it up."

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
tada [c]
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2022 4:48:12 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Arbre de Vie
[break][break]
[break]
She shook her head, golden curls bouncing with the movement, as she acknowledged her own ignorance on the subject. Hoenn's myths and legends were not something she had studied at great length in her life; legendaries in general were not a topic that had captured her interest, at least not in the way they had for others in the region.

Well, with a few exceptions. Though she had to blame for those dark, self-interested thoughts.

"I like stories," Elisabeth insisted when he apologized, reassuring and sincere. "Sometimes I think there's more truth in them than we realize. Even if only in the things they reveal about those who tell them."

She wrapped her arms about herself, an unexpected breeze sending a shiver through her as she peered up at the canopy again. Like the Tree of Life that it resembled, so much of the world seemed beyond her understanding. Their understanding.

Whether it be flora, fauna, or legendary Pokémon capable of bringing about the horrors of the Darkest Day.

"Thank you for bringing me here, and for humoring me. I don't know that I'm very good company, but," she paused for a moment, turning to to finish, "if you ever need assistance here, I'd be glad to offer mine. In whatever capacity you need."

[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,346 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
tada [c]
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2023 17:59:16 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"i'll take that offer, then!"

the request he'd ask her would probably be something stupid like asking how to make gifts pretty or anything related to plants that won't help him on.

"i'll leave ya here to get whatcha need from this tree then," he tells her. "jus' lemme know when ya want to visit again so we can hang out!"

they probably don't mesh with each other with how their personality differs, but that wasn't enough to stop priam anyways.