awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
redemption
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2022 0:50:45 GMT
knox prescott Avatar
sam has fallen asleep on him. sam is like hard asleep on him. sam is so asleep that knox has been periodically checking his pulse because no amount of his squirming has made sam resurface. sam, who's the lightest sleeper he knows. and when it's clear sam's body is just keeping him under because he's been so fucking exhausted lately, he relaxes. 

making him down the bottle of nyquil hadn't been difficult and he hadn't expected it to hit him as hard, or as quickly, as it did, but they're not even a quarter of the way through the movie when he conks out. 

and knox is fine with that, except evidently sam's mega-tired brain had forgotten summer needed him for a job tonight.
close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
say a prayer for the wicked
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
redemption
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2022 1:03:48 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
Summer didn't mind if Sam took a break. Truly, she didn't. Except, for the fact, there had been a planned elimination tonight. So, when she found out the Sam was out for the count...

Part of her was happy that he finally was getting rest.

The other part was annoyed, since tonight was the only night to take this person out. Giovanni Colombo.

So, she waltzed into the room was in, tucking in with Sam, and leaned against the door. She raised her eyebrow at him, crossing her arms over her chest.

"I need you to assist me with work tonight. STAT. It's the only chance we have," she said simply.
close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
let us live, since we must die
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
redemption
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2022 1:10:33 GMT
knox prescott Avatar
he's actually dozing off himself by the time summer lopes into the threshold of the room. blue eyes snap back open and he regards his sister warily. they still haven't made up since their fight. sam had, in a way, apologized for both of them, but that didn't stop knox from letting his prickles show. 

he makes a face and raises his voice to object, but the direness of the situation hits him. sam is, essentially, summer's bodyguard. and with her working overtime to ensure the people who were on her father's side are actually loyal to her, she hasn't been able to take anyone but sam on their missions to hunt down merrick's previous buyers. 

so knox could say no, but it would mean letting her go in without backup - because fuck, she would just to show him she could. 

he tries to jar sam again to no avail. so he slips out from under him, sends him a text saying 'went out. rest well.' and approaches summer. 

he offers a wan smile. "i remember a time you'd pitch a fit if i got thrown on your squad." oh, look how far we've come. 
close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
redemption
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2022 1:27:48 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
Summer didn't acknowledge him at first, walking forward to prepare for the mission, ready to strike with her team of three and more Poke balls ready at her disposal.

"That was in the past. Merrick was keen to pit us against each other. He's not here anymore."

She was still bitter, still annoyed with him from the previous interaction they had. Her words were frank, to the point, as she exited the mansion, with her THIEVUL and ABSOL rushing out in front of her. Surtur walked behind, the door opened for Knox to follow.

"We have other priorities to handle now."
close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
redemption
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2022 1:43:33 GMT
knox prescott Avatar

aaaaand things are not okay. it's not like he was expecting everything to be peachy keen (ok, yes, he was) so he's frowning at her back while she walks away. and even though she's not saying it, he's feeling like she still would rather have anyone else beside her than him.

on his way out, he grabs his belt. he's not...really thinking about what they're going to do. out of sight, out of mind, right?

"fine, yeah," he says and follows. he coos for captain and the pikachu throws down her snacks to leap onto his back. knox falls obediently into step beside her, uncharacteristically (although, maybe less so now) quiet than normal.
close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
redemption
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2022 2:01:31 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
Summer heard him follow, thank Arceus. Because while she would take a mission alone, she didn't want to go on one alone. Not since she was pregnant and had no idea what sort of danger she'd be up against.

Sure, she had scouts and had an idea. But things could change in the flash of an eye.

"Giovanni Colombo. That is out target tonight. Per standard protocol for me and Sam, we take down any guards, evacuate the children, and eliminate him last."
close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
redemption
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2022 3:07:30 GMT
knox prescott Avatar
captain totters on the edge of knox's shoulder, rump wiggling as though she's preparing to jump the short gap and onto the other sibling. knox raises a hand and palms her head to discourage her, muttering to himself when she sends an annoyed shockwave down his hands. 

on their way out of the house, he swaps his shoes for his custom vans with their rubber soles - they haven't seen action in quite a while. captain nuzzles his cheek and zaps him happily. 

"okay. fuck shit up. got it." he rubs the back of his neck. "sam and i talked. it helped."
close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
redemption
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2022 2:54:04 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
Summer prepared her CHARIZARD, wings expanding broadly as fire shot from its nostrils upon breaking free from its Poke ball. Her main three were recalled into specific Poke balls themselves, as she stepped aboard her dragon.

"Talked. About?"

She tried to peg whether this topic would be of interest or not. Especially about how it helped.

Helped with what exactly?
close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
redemption
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2022 0:06:06 GMT
knox prescott Avatar

he does not like summer's charizard. he does not like the idea of flying on the back of a giant fire lizard. but he does not express his grievances to his sister. because she's being stoic and weird and isn't even responding with, like, anything when he tries to initiate Real Talk. 

why's it easier to talk to her when they're both fucked up? 

"i dunno," he says lamely as he mounts behind her, feeling queasy. "us? and..." he blows out a long sigh. "ollie. and i know it's - well, it never was your fault. like i know that. but i just get in my head and get shitty and it's easier, y'know? to be shitty." worst apology ever, knox. 

he's trying though, okay?
close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
redemption
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2022 0:30:25 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
Frankly, Summer didn't care to hear about him. Ollie. She had enough remembering him, his terrified noises and the shots as her father pulled the trigger. The smell of metal, iron, around her as his body laid out on the floor.

Waiting for Knox to show up.

The thought was nauseating, and she had to close her eyes and hold tightly to her CHARIZARD'S scaled body to keep herself from getting sick. The rise of her hormones didn't help either.

"Is this a way to apologize to me, or are you just stating the obvious?"

Summer was still a bit cold, giving the command to take off. The Pokemon's wings flapped several times before shooting into the air. Up, up they went, before flying steadily below the clouds.

"You know, Ollie was the only person I thought of that I could use to get you and Sam out of Hoenn in time, with the possibility of saving him. But my plan backfired. I didn't think that he'd try to catch him the same night I gave him the information. He was always the type to wait."

Take time to strike perfectly, without error. Though, it worked out perfectly for Merrick Prescott.
close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
redemption
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2022 0:19:23 GMT
knox prescott Avatar

she cowers lower against the charizard and he has no choice but to follow. his own stomach is doing flips right now. he thought teleporting was bad? this fucking sucks. knox prescott would like to keep his feet on the ground, thank you very much. or at least, if he's a few dozen feet in the air, know that it's because one of his water-types was throwing him for the fun of it. 

there's nothing but hard earth on the ground, though, just waiting for him to slip off or for the charizard to faint. or, y'know, for summer to get pissy and throw him off. 

"you did...what you thought was right," he says with a grimace. "and i can't be mad at you for that." so say you're sorry. say you're sorry, knox. 

"and now merrick's dead and we can move on. i want to move on."
close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
redemption
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2022 1:14:26 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
Summer took his words and thought them over. He sounded serious. It was perhaps one of their first few serious conversations that didn't involve spitting insults or yelling at each other in who knew how many years.

Honestly, she could appreciate these moments.

"Okay. We move on then."

Knox didn't verbally apologize, say "I'm sorry," and Summer didn't say "I'm sorry" either. They moved on. It was the Prescott way, it seemed.

They touched down, landing a wide breadth away from the home of their target.

"He has many fighting types guarding his place. Inside, outside, wherever. Keep your guard up."

With that, she stepped off, waiting for him to join her to recall her dragon.
close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
redemption
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2022 0:45:05 GMT
knox prescott Avatar
and just like that it's swept under the rug. that mile-high godsdamned lump of a rug with grime and shit and blood leaking out from under it, but hey, at least they can ignore it now. at least they can pretend, for a while, that everything is a-okay, captain. 

he slips unceremoniously off the charizard as soon as he's able, legs shaking from how tightly he'd been gripping it. the solid earth is a blessing, but he has little time to appreciate it before summer Gets Down To Business. 

he thumbs nio's ball. the quagsire emerges with a schlop right next to them and then slowly looks up at knox, eyes taking their turns blinking. he pats his rubbery head and captain jumps from knox's shoulders on top of the mudfish. 

"you go hot 'n heavy? i'll hit 'em with the knox special?"
close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
redemption
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2022 16:33:26 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
There was not another word shared about it. And, if she had to guess, there wouldn't be another one spoken about Ollie or the actions of that night for a while. Not until a heated argument or worse.

That wasn't her focus, anyway. She needed to eliminate this threat and be one more person down, out of the way that could hurt her. Hurt her goals.

Her family.

Summer shot him a look, one that suggested he was crazy. Quite honestly, she wasn't exactly sure what the "Knox special" entailed, but perhaps she'd leave it up to him while she went on the offensive.

"Keep me covered," she responded, marching ahead.

Out of her Poke balls came Hela, the HISUIAN ZOROARK, her CHARIZARD, MR. MIME, and DRAGAPULT. Surtur would be ready for her call should she deem it necessary.

On the field, there was a KOMMO-O, MACHAMP, HARIYAMA, MIENSHAO, and LUCARIO to handle.

"Think you're ready?"
close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
redemption
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2022 0:57:13 GMT
knox prescott Avatar
five strong fighting-type pokemon? against summer's motley crew? they'd be dead in a minute. but with nio? nio, his beautiful boy? who has already gotten so tired that he's plopped onto his ass and is reaching up to poke at the pikachu he probably already forgot was on his head? with that talented, beautiful, baby-baby boy, they're golden

summer has never enjoyed getting placed on jobs with knox. not because he doesn't get the job done. but because he's, as she likes to put it, a 'nuisance.' 

"well, go on then," knox says and nudges nio with his foot. the quagsire blinks up at him and then slowly gets to its feet. then it starts waddling. knox jabs summer with his elbow. 

"look at him go," he says with a grin. 

the fighting-types all turn at the sound of his approach. nio, at this point, has finally dropped to all fours and is loping towards them. and just before he's about to reach them, he leaps, does a forward flip, and slams a muddy water, drenching them in muck and grime. 

they recoil, nonplussed, shaking out their wet fur as nio plops back down right in the middle of them all. and there's captain, cheeks puffing with energy, launching an explosive shockwave right at the quagsire. electricity pops and sizzles from him, spreading outward and bringing every single one of the fighting-types to their knees. 

"your turn," knox says, laughing. 
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights