Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
The Splashfest Hustle [m/vv]
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2022 23:39:08 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zevpost"]
[attr="class","zevposttext"]

Mid-afternoon at Slateport Beach during Splashfest meant two things.[break][break]

One, it was hot as hell, and Howling at the Moon's food stall stood on the boardwalk directly under the blazing sun.[break][break]

And two, Zev and his four employees (who had all volunteered to work early at the stall instead of later at the bar) were making a hell of a lot of money on the hundreds of thirsty customers on the beach that day.[break][break]

Zev was decked out in his Howling work shirt, khaki shorts, the most comfortable sneakers he owned. A pair of sunglasses perched on the top of his head. He was, for all intents and purposes, just a bar owner that day. A normal, everyday bar owner with drinks to sell and free samples of Howling's food menu to hand out. There was ice in the coolers, enough power to keep their portable fridge running all day, and two fans blowing cool air on both the register counter for customers' sake and the back of the stall.[break][break]

Zev had not, however, put on sunscreen. He would regret that decision later.[break][break]

At that moment, however, he was grabbing cans of Moonblast Microbrew beer out of the fridge to hand to two customers who had already paid. "Here you go," he said, flashing the strangers a genial smile. "Have a nice day! Enjoy Splashfest!"[break][break]

There were no other customers in line after those two had left, providing a momentary lull in the action so Zev could wipe sweat from his brow and survey the damage. Most people had purchased beer — either in cans or poured from the tap into plastic cups. But several bottles of wine and soda were empty, as well as a few liquor bottles, too.[break][break]

"Isaac, give me a hand, will you? Check for empty bottles and collect them into one of our bins for recycling."

[break]

[attr="class","zevpostooc"]
[break]

NOTES

Mission: Sunny Day (VV)

[googlefont=Calibri]
[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.zevpost]--accent:#975fb2;[/newclass]
[newclass=.zevpost]font:14px Calibri;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevposttext b"]color:var(--accent); } .zevpost .zevposttext a { font:14px Calibri;font-weight:bold;text-transform:uppercase; } .zevpost .zevposttext i { color:var(--accent); } .zevpost .zevposttext u { text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevpostooc"]} .zevpost .zevpostooc b { color:var(--accent); } .zevpost .zevpostooc a { font:14px Calibri;font-weight:bold;text-transform:uppercase; } .zevpost .zevpostooc i { color:var(--accent); } .zevpost .zevpostooc h1 { font:18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px } .zevpost .zevpostooc u { text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevpostpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2022 3:54:08 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Zev looked so much like a dad right now that it wasn't even funny.[break][break]

Seriously. Shirt with his favorite bar on it? Check. Khaki shorts? Check. Sneakers that were probably more comfortable than most slippers? Check. All he was missing was a grill slapped in front of him that he could make terrible jokes while perching behind to complete the image.[break][break]

It was such a departure from the sharp-dressed, sharp-witted, and especially sharp-bladed assassin that Isaac had come to know, fear, work with, and against his better judgment respect. But he slipped into the role of warm-hearted barkeep just as easily as he slipped back into being a cold-blooded killer, so who was Isaac to ask questions? If it worked, it worked.[break][break]

And he worked, too. Right now, he worked bottle recovery, because apparently their stock had taken a beating since today started. "After that mid-noon rush? Oh, you better believe we're finding plenty of those," Isaac said, dipping behind the bar to survey the damage. Eesh. A good chunk of these were either gone or on their last legs. Plenty of rum and vodka had been drained, as well as their accompanying mixers, but Isaac was shocked to see enough brave souls were trying whiskey to empty a bottle of that. Seriously? Something like that, in this heat? Well, some people must've just really liked their favorites.[break][break]

It was a fairly easy routine from there. Take a bottle, get some help from a nearby water type to wash any residue out, and lob it in the recycling bin. Luster's Water Gun was perfect for the occasion; the Clamperl was on the smaller side and fairly weak still, so it wouldn't risk breaking the bottles in the process.[break][break]

"I swear. With how hard we've been working, it feels like this festival's been lasting all month," Isaac said. "How've you been spending it? Getting some fresh air for once? Scoring more bar contracts?" Oh, no. That Grin was on Isaac's face. "Going on more of those, what'd you call 'em, 'hot dates?' "

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody b]color:#d9b800;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2022 16:45:34 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zevpost"]

Their stock had taken more of a hit than Zev expected. He turned to two other employees, Milo and Lina. "Take the van back to the bar to replenish stock. And bring back more ice, too."[break][break]

They left, leaving only the fourth employee on the team to man the register.[break][break]

Zev peered into one of the beer kegs to check how much was left. "I managed to do all of the surfing tricks that you lot signed me up for," he said to Isaac before shooting both him and the girl at the register a scathing glare. The latter clapped a hand over her mouth to silence a giggle.[break][break]

"Other than that, yeah, it's been fun. I took my Lycanroc out for frisbee on the beach a couple of times, and I caught the fireworks display with Nenet before she had to return to Mossdeep."[break][break]

He said it so casually. The name of the woman he'd been seeing. Like it was no big deal.[break][break]

"What about you?" Zev raised an eyebrow at Isaac. "Have you done anything fun this week?"[break][break]

Arceus, was Splashfest really only a week-long festival? Isaac was right. It felt like a whole month had already passed.

[break]

[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Calibri]
[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.zevpost]font:14px Calibri;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevposttext b"]color:var(--accent); } .zevpost .zevposttext a { font:14px Calibri;font-weight:bold;text-transform:uppercase; } .zevpost .zevposttext i { color:var(--accent); } .zevpost .zevposttext u { text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevpostooc"]} .zevpost .zevpostooc b { color:var(--accent); } .zevpost .zevpostooc a { font:14px Calibri;font-weight:bold;text-transform:uppercase; } .zevpost .zevpostooc i { color:var(--accent); } .zevpost .zevpostooc h1 { font:18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px } .zevpost .zevpostooc u { text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2022 1:18:09 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Shit, you actually pulled those off?" Isaac asked, quirking an eyebrow at Zev in surprise. Full disclosure, surfing was the last thing he'd expect Zev to pick up in such a quick time. It wasn't that he was physically inept. Zev could probably run circles around Isaac, then bench press him afterwards for good measure. However, Mantine Surfing required both Pokemon and trainer to be in perfect sync, and Zev did not seem the type to let a Pokemon get that close to him.[break][break]

Then again, Zev was an expert at reading people. Isaac liked to think it was one of his strong suits, but Zev was lightyears ahead of him. Perhaps that skill even applied to Pokemon. Just how good of a trainer would Zev be if he applied those talents towards battle and not just murder? "Not bad! That makes two of us."[break][break]

Outside of that, everything seemed surprisingly relaxed. For someone Isaac had gotten to know as Zev the Murder Man, His Personal Sleep Paralysis Demon, Zev was really good at projecting an aura of normalcy. Then again, if you were going to be Zev the Murder Man, you probably wanted as little attention on your nighttime proclivities as possible.[break][break]

"Oh, I've been up to plenty," Isaac said. "Catching up with old friends and meeting new ones. Nabbing as many crowns as I can get my hands on. And maybe, just maybe, giving a special someone a little Splashfest fireworks show of my own."[break][break]

Was this really happening? Was Isaac really about to talk about girls with the man who gave him a fear of death and a heaping spoonful of survivor's guilt?[break][break]

Judging by the coy little smirk on his face, yes. Yes he was. "So. Nenet, huh?" Isaac asked. The tone in his voice made what he wanted all too clear; details, Zev! Details!

[break][break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2022 12:40:38 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zevpost"]

Zev was not at all interested in talking about girls with Isaac, but like most staff who work closely with each other for many hours every day, sometimes a little personal life bled into work life. People became acquainted and gossiped with each other. Zev tried to avoid that gossip as much as possible, but he and Nenet had met at Howling, so the spread of rumors was inevitable. Especially since she'd gone home with him that night.[break][break]

"She's the woman who shows up right before closing to meet with Zev, and they leave together," the girl at the register, Cassandra, told Isaac before their boss could change topics. The two were about the same age. "She's absolutely gorgeous, like a model or something. She's always dressed super fancy. I haven't seen her during Splashfest, though."[break][break]

Zev cleared his throat to interrupt. "She's a busy woman," he said, frowning. "And she's an astronomer, not a model. And anyway, mind your own business."[break][break]

Saying that was futile, of course. The rumor mill at Howling ran wild.[break][break]

"Or at least grill Isaac about his own date." Zev raised an eyebrow at the younger man before proceeding to reorganize the coolers and fridges, now that the empty bottles had been removed.[break][break]

Seeing that Zev's back was turned, Cassandra sidled up to Isaac and whispered in his ear, "We have a betting pool about Nenet. The most popular theory is that they're in an arranged marriage, but Manny is trying to convince everyone that the boss is blackmailing her into dates. I'll fill you in more the next time we're at the bar and he's not around."

[break]

[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Calibri]
[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2022 20:54:46 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Huh. So that was why Isaac sometimes got glimpses of an incredibly stylish woman coming into the bar to whisk Zev away. Yeah, Isaac should've pieced two and two together sooner. When even Zev's head was turning over someone walking into the room, there was clearly something going on.[break][break]

Between her and the mysterious associate that had helped Isaac with forging documents, Zev's tastes were clearly along extravagant lines. Interesting, for a man who kept his apartment on the simple side. Then again, the man could barely make a grilled cheese with turning it into ta jaw-dropping feat of culinary excellence. So maybe it wasn't too out of character for him?[break][break]

Ugh. Why'd Zev have to be so good at false faces? Isaac was gonna go crazy trying to connect the dots between his various masks.[break][break]

Poor Zev. In the Rocket world, he was a nightmare to be feared. But here, he was at the mercy of his own employees and the rumor mill they fueled. Despite his best efforts to redirect the conversation to Isaac and his date, Cassandra was not about to let the Nenet subject drop. "You gotta give me those deets when we're back," he agreed, voice a low whisper. "Though, c'mon. Blackmail? That really seem like his style to you?"[break][break]

Would Zev have blackmailed someone if he needed to? Oh, without a doubt. But by Zev's standards, that seemed so . . . uncouth? Was that the right word here? He seemed too direct, too proud of his own standard of work, to need to resort to that. No, no, if he was going to storm into a woman's life, he was going to be a consummate professional about it.[break][break]

"I'm gonna go with fake dating gone wrong," Isaac decided, voice a low whisper. "They totally needed to look like they were together, maybe for a function or something. And now they're catching feelings. That's my bet." It was just implausible enough to avoid outing any of Zev's actual nighttime activities, but just juicy enough that Isaac was going to crazy if it was really the case. Wasn't that the best of both worlds?

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2022 23:06:21 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zevpost"]

Cassandra's eyes lit up at the fake dating theory. "Oooh, you could be right, Isaac!" she whispered excitedly.[break][break]

"Hey! Stop whispering and get back to work!"[break][break]

Zev glared at them, one of the recycling bins in his arms. With a startled noise, Cassandra rushed back to the register to help a customer. With Isaac now alone, Zev focused his frown on the blonde.[break][break]

"Grab that bin and let's go dump these," he instructed, nodding his head at the second recycling bin on the ground. The large community dumpster was a short walk away from their food stall, and it had a receptacle for recycling as well.[break][break]

Once they were far enough away from the boardwalk and the crowds, Zev spoke up. "Your date. Can you trust them?"[break][break]

His words were unassuming and his demeanor was casual, but he was speaking not as a nosy employer but a concerned associate. If Isaac was sharp — which Zev knew he was — he would pick up on the question beneath the question, one which could not be voiced in a public space: Are they Rocket or League?

[break]

[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Calibri]
[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2022 1:07:54 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Isaac answered Zev's frown with a hapless smile and a little shrug. It was almost charming, in a way. The last time he'd crossed Zev, he had a Seviper's fangs pointed at every part of his jugular. Now, he had Zev glaring and frowning like a big ol' grump. The sense of whiplash was palpable.[break][break]

Nevertheless, he fell in step with his boss, hefting up the bin and following his marching orders. It wasn't a very long walk, but it was long enough. Just long enough, one could argue, for discussing rather secretive business.[break][break]

The immediate question on Zev's mind was far from surprising. After all, when you were a member of the offspring of an organized crime group and an insurgency cell, your dating pool was either very limited or very dangerous. " 'Course she is. You might've seen her around on second shift, even," Isaac said. Naturally, Isaac was talking about his "second shift," his other line of work. However, if Cygne was planning on making good on that promise to woo his boss, then she may have visited on a second shift at the bar to mark her territory.[break][break]

Zev was the unwooable object, and Cygne was a very, very woo-y force. He hoped she hadn't came in while he was out, because man would he love to see that interaction unfolding.[break][break]

"I could ask you the same. But pretty sure you'd slap me upside the head for even implying you'd make a call like that," Isaac joked. Zev was way, way too much of a consummate professional to play that risky. If he wasn't holding all the cards and keeping a few more up his sleeve for good measure, there was something awfully wrong.[break][break]

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2022 10:12:03 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zevpost"]

They reached the community dumpster, which was near the steps leading to the boardwalk so that beach goers could toss their litter as they headed home. Two large, metal receptacles stood side by side, one marked TRASH and the other RECYCLING. The latter's lid was already open, revealing a heap of plastic, glass, and paper within. Zev upended his bin into it, filling the air with the loud clatter of empty bottles falling onto each other.[break][break]

"Good," was all he said in reply to Isaac's answer. It wasn't that Zev was looking out for the boy — or for Rocket, for that matter. His only concern was that Isaac's dalliances wouldn't interfere with what Isaac was doing for him.[break][break]

While the blonde knew how to be discreet, emotions easily overrode logic, and no creature on the planet was more irrational than a horny young man.[break][break]

"You don't have to worry about me," Zev said, stepping aside so Isaac could empty his own bin. "There's a reason I don't have a great track record with women."[break][break]

Because he did prefer to hold all the cards. Because he was cold and unfeeling, unable to connect to them or give them the affection they had wanted. Because his work was more important than anything else in his life.[break][break]

Because his previous dates always realized in short order that he was nothing more than a manipulative asshole.

[break]

[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Calibri]
[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2022 14:53:02 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Isaac's been went in but a moment after Zev's. It was like clockwork; for all his goofing around, soft-hearted moment of weakness, and weakness for convoluted ideas, Isaac knew how to get a job done. If Zev told him to jump, Isaac asked "how high?" (provided, of course, that Zev wasn't going to slide some poor bastard's face under his feet while he was in midair.)[break][break]

They both knew how to be discrete. Yet, when push came to shove, they were both capable of being surprisingly candid. Isaac quirked an eyebrow in curiosity as Zev mentioned his poor track record. For a guy that had so many stunning women in his life (2 was a lot when you were a creepy murder man!), an admission like that seemed odd.

"I think that's the first time I've ever heard you say you were bad at something," Isaac said. He wasn't an idiot. He knew if Zev admitted a weakness, it wasn't a weakness he deemed important enough to matter. But it was still the first self-proclaimed blemish Isaac had ever seen on a man that tried to appear spotless. "Though I guess that explains the painting you got . . . convinced to hang up, huh?"[break][break]

Yeah. There was 0 chance those two didn't have history.[break][break]

Still, curiosity burned deep in Isaac's mind. The man was so good at appearing gentlemanly and suave that, despite a literal blood-soaked first impression, Isaac found himself getting suckered in whenever his focus lapsed. What could he possibly be doing to blow it like that? "You, uh. Wanna talk about any of it?" he asked. "Not a word of it gets out to the peanut gallery. I swear it on my honor as a guy who spars with you and really, really doesn't want to get choked out tomorrow."

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2022 15:13:51 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zevpost"]

Perhaps Zev had said too much. In the relative privacy of the dumpsters, with his back turned toward any potential passersby, he dropped his mask, revealing his true self for a moment, and gave Isaac a scowl that demanded an end to the conversation.[break][break]

"There's a difference between being bad at something and getting exactly what you want from someone, then discarding them when they aren't useful anymore," Zev replied in a low, biting tone. "You know better than to make those assumptions, Isaac."[break][break]

Though if the boy knew what was good for him, he would never know Zev well enough.[break][break]

He let his words sink in for a moment, then closed his eyes and let out a small sigh. When he opened his eyes again, he'd put his façade back on. He even gave Isaac a reassuring smile.[break][break]

"We should head back. Milo and Lina should have returned by now. They'll need help unloading."[break][break]

Without waiting for Isaac's acknowledgement, Zev turned and started back toward the boardwalk.

[break]

[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Calibri]
[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2022 16:49:45 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]That was the scowl of a man who was absolutely choking Isaac out tomorrow.[break][break]

A mixture of fear and surprise flashed through Isaac's mind. However, as they passed, a single word remained: Impulses. Such a reaction seemed a little too abrupt, a little too defensive for Zev. His using of others was typically something so matter-of-fact, a simple reality of life. If anything, Isaac figured he'd consider his track record a good one if it was simply a long list of manipulations.[break][break]

Zev was right. Just making baseless assumptions was never a good way to go about things. But sometimes, when you said the right thing at the right time, a baseless assumption could prove itself very, very quickly. How interesting.[break][break]

Isaac wouldn't push the matter, though. Instead, he wiped the shock off his face and returned Zev's reassuring smile with one of his own. "Understood," he said. Was he referring to the earlier snarling accusation, or to the calm, collected order he had just been given? There were layers to every conversation, and words sometimes stretched between both.[break][break]

He watched as Zev lead the way, not even waiting for him to follow. Sometimes, he wondered how much he understood Zev. For as enlightened as he felt about that little display, was it just another show? A threat quickly tossed out so he couldn't poke at a bigger matter? Hell, sometimes Isaac wondered how much Zev understood himself.[break][break]

Did Zev understand him, too? Or did he not even care to?[break][break]

Shit, too much zoning out, not enough hustling. Isaac bounded up to Zev with a few quickened footsteps, then fell right back in step behind him. Maybe it didn't even matter if Zev understood him or not. After all, he was clearly getting what he wanted out of this little arrangement, somehow. He said jump, and Isaac asked how high. He could disagree on methods, poke at his brain, do frustrating and tiresome Isaac things. But in the end, one way or another, he always fell back in step.

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2022 8:33:43 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: