Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,402 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Mourning Glory [Social]
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2022 0:50:50 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Condoléances
[break][break]
[break]
Most of Elisabeth's trips to Sootopolis occurred around nightfall.

Her Gardevoir's powers of TELEPORTATION had given her greater ease in traveling between Petalburg and the Rocket-run city, making her dual-life easier to navigate as an admin.

Walking here felt different than in the fragrant city outside her woodland home. The odds of encountering someone who shared her background -- that knew her for what she truly was -- were significantly higher in this place. It made Elisabeth feel different, too, as if she could relax her guard.

If only slightly.

One notable exception to that rule was in the new memorial that had been erected at the centre of the city. It brought people from all over the region, grieving for their losses from the Dawn of the Darkest Day.

Elisabeth had donated flowers here herself, and had intended to do so again, her arms filled with thornless roses she had gathered and delivered with her Gardevoir's assistance. The Psychic-type drifted behind her with silent grace, other blossoms floating mid-air as they awaited orders.

Kneeling, Elisabeth left the dozens of flowers out in a simple manner, allowing for any who wished to take the roses to do so. The Gardevoir's flowers fell in a graceful descent of petals, lying alongside them.

The florist's intention had been to depart shortly afterwards, when she noticed a vaguely familiar face nearby.

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
[newclass=".elisafont b"]color: #7bb661;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
INTERPOL Agent / Police Deputy Chief
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
119 kg (262 lbs) / 196 cm (6' 5") height
Was doing swords and shields before it was cool.
awards
1,235 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
Mourning Glory [Social]
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2022 3:31:36 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

Mourning Glory

Hello again, .

Things were not going well.

"... We'll back soon." Gwyar muttered softly, placing down a bouquet of flowers. Behind him, his oldest friend stood stoically with both arms folded behind his back, guarding the man.

With each second that passed, the Darkest Day continued to rampage through Galar. His calls were not reaching home, unsurprisingly. The Crown Tundra's reception had been awful even before Galar's infrastructure was crippled. With any luck, the emails he sent would fare better.

The only thing that allowed him to maintain the illusion of sanity was the fact that the news had yet to report the Darkest Day comin' close to the Crown Tundra.

Under any normal circumstances, he would've been on a flight to Galar already. Unfortunately, the dome around Hoenn remained impenetrable- and, Gwyar feared that even if it weren't, he would merely go home to die if he were to try and stop the Darkest Day on his own.

The blonde man's brow furrowed deeply as he closed his eyes and breathed in, his hands tightening into fists. Behind him, the Gallade stiffened ever so slightly, his own fists tightening behind his back. Not only could he feel his long time friend's emotions, he could understand them as well. His family was as his own...

"... Let's go back, Gawain." The man said after a moment, the tension in body releasing as his expression softened into a downcast look. "We've a long day ahead of us tomorrow."

He had given his report to the Commissioner and INTERPOL. He had taken leave from work. For the next month... he had much to do.

"...?" The large man's brow creased. Almost as if he could feel a gaze upon him, his eyes rose, head turning slightly until his green eyes fell upon the vaguely familiar pair of a woman. "Ah."

It took a moment, but a name eventually came to the forefront.

"Elisabeth..." He mouthed her name lowly while looking at the woman.

Normally, he enjoyed running across beautiful women to whom he shared at best dubious life-or-death related ties, but given his mood and the fact that they were in a memorial place...

Didn't matter. He had acknowledged her, so courtesy said he couldn't just leave anymore. With a carefully crafted mask, he began to approach the woman with measured steps.

"... Lady Elisabeth." He said, nodding. "Evening."

Ah, right.

"Ah- I failed to give my name last we spoke, did I not?" He said, before folding an arm over his chest. The Gallade behind him mirrored the man, both bowing lightly at the waist. "I am . I did not properly repay you for saving my life before we parted ways. You have my deepest apologies."

Unfortunately, he had not been expecting to ever see this woman again, so he was not carrying any gifs... Curse his lack of foresight.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,402 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Mourning Glory [Social]
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2022 4:32:06 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Condoléances
[break][break]
[break]
Her eyebrows raised perceptively at the formality of the greeting.

Lady? That title took her back.

Formalities were something Elisabeth often found comfort in, preferring the distance they invoked between two people. There could be a sense of safety in the way they provided barriers, keeping individuals from feeling too uncomfortably close, too soon.

This one, however, echoed a decade in Kalos she'd prefer not to be reminded of.

"Elisabeth is fine, really," she said without thinking, her haste to dismiss his pageantry taking precedence over her usual preferences. "Or Miss Fiorelli, if that's easier."

As much as Elisabeth wanted to distance herself from her life in Kalos, the man across from her exuded his Galarian heritage in all of his manner: the way he bowed, the heavy and unmistakable emphasis of his accent, and even in the way he approached her here with titles that had no place in Hoenn.

"A pleasure to meet you properly, Mr. Wledig," she said as the Gardevoir behind her floated to her side, assessing the man and his Gallade with an implacable expression. "And no apologies are necessary. I believe we met under extraordinary circumstances, and certainly no debts are owed for it."

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw more gathered around the memorial, the muffled sounds of grief and sorrow a constant behind them. It spoke of something somber.

"Am I keeping you from paying your respects?" she asked, moving as if to depart. "I was delivering some flowers, but I have already done so. I don't wish to keep you."

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
awards
1,235 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
Mourning Glory [Social]
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2022 19:25:05 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

Mourning Glory

Hello again, .

The man nodded as she brushed off his apologies, his blank expression shifting as his lips quirked up ever so slightly.

"I see. Then I pray my thanks alone will be enough." He said, "Thank you, Miss Fiorelli."

The Gallade remained firmly rooted behind the knight even as the Gardevoir moved forward, though his crimson gaze shifted to acknowledge her.

"Not at all. As a matter of fact, we were just about to depart." Said Gwyar, moving much the same as the woman...

So you know, they were walking together to the exit. How very convenient! The Gallade stood aside and let the humans pass before following behind the man.

"... If I may ask, Miss Fiorelli." The man said after a moment of walking. Awkward silences were his forte, but he was curious, so... "Are you perhaps from Kalos?"

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,402 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Mourning Glory [Social]
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2022 23:12:37 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Condoléances
[break][break]
[break]
"You're welcome, then," Elisabeth said pleasantly, and began to walk away from the memorial. As her Gardevoir drifted behind her, perfectly in step with the Gallade that flanked , she belatedly realized the two were walking side-by-side.

Ah. A mild conundrum presented itself here.

It would be rude to simply teleport home at this point, as Elisabeth had originally planned.

However, that meant she had no idea where she was currently going in Sootopolis.

Her desire to be polite ultimately won out over sheer practicality, that internal dilemma revealed only in the distracted look that briefly clouded her green eyes. Only when the man presented her with a question did she break herself from her reverie, turning to him with a slightly startled expression.

"Hm? Ah. C'est vrai," she admitted with a breathy laugh, her native Kalosian answering him in the affirmative. "Yes, from southern Kalos."

This itself was unsurprising. Her accent often betrayed her, particularly when butchering Galarian surnames.

That her surname was recognized was moreso of interest.

"Are you fond of wines?" she asked, tilting her head. "You may be thinking of the Fiorelli Winery. It closed several years back, but it was fairly well-known at the time. In Kalosian and Galarian circles, at least."

The faintest hesitation preceded her next admission.

"It's also an old family in Kalos. Or was."

It danced around the topic, but if he was looking for confirmation of what he already suspected of her background, it would be enough.

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
awards
1,235 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
Mourning Glory [Social]
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2022 0:32:30 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

Mourning Glory

Hello again, .

A knowing smile tugged at the man's lips at her response.

"Haha. Je dois admettre que la réponse était évidente." The man replied to her Kalosian in kind, subduing his strong accent surprisingly well. "Southern Kalos..."

His studies from decades back came back to him immediately. Region, geography, fauna, flora, logistics, military might (rather, lack thereof), economy... A whole lot of likely outdated information came rushing at him.

When she began speaking of the old family business, the man could only smile.

"Yes, in my youth- perhaps a little more than I should have." The man admitted, prompting an irreverent snort from the Gallade behind him. The man smirked over his shoulder; the Gallade stared back blankly, utterly innocent. "... The Fiorelli House, from the Barony of Camphrier, yes?"

He tilted his head. What in the world was a noble woman of her beauty doing in Hoenn...? Usually, by her seeming age, noble ladies were long married.

"How curious." He uttered, tilting his head. "... Was?"

He hadn't been keeping up with noble trends since his falling out with his Father- nowadays they were back on speaking terms, but the man hadn't really ever gone back to caring about matters of nobility- specially seeing how they were a dying breed in these modern times.

Such as.

"That's... Oh my. I'm terribly sorry to hear that." The man said, brow furrowing. Still, his governing mind kicked in a moment later. "How strange, though. I had estimated they would become a titan in the Kalosian Wine industry back then..."

After a moment, he simply shrugged it off. He had been a young man back then; his estimates could certainly miss the mark.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,402 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Mourning Glory [Social]
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2022 0:45:23 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Condoléances
[break][break]
[break]
Aimless as their walking was, with no location in mind, Elisabeth focused on steering the destination of the conversation instead.

She hadn't discussed this topic before, really, at least not since the last time she had been in Kalos with . Even then, to call the words she'd exchanged in Camphrier Town a conversation was... generous.

Some uncomfortable matters were handled best quickly and straightforwardly.

"No condolences are needed. When my parents passed, there was no one to oversee the winery, is all. Truthfully, the business was not doing very well in its final years."

She offered a reassuring smile, the kind that anyone raised in their social circles could manage on command, whether or not it was genuine.

"I'm all that's left, and it's not a life I've chosen for myself. I tend flowers, not grapevines."

Other things were left unsaid. That the dismantling of the winery had not been her doing, but her late husband's, after seizing her inheritance with the claim that she was not mentally equipped to manage her own estate.

That Camphrier Town blamed her for what her parents had lost, and still did.

"Tell me," she said, the curiosity of her emerald eyes settling on him, "what are your ties to Galar? I am afraid I don't recognize your house, but my knowledge when it comes to your region is limited at best."

The questions he was asking hinted at some shared similarity between them, but she couldn't put her finger on the implication of his own bloodline.

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
awards
1,235 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
Mourning Glory [Social]
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2022 1:22:59 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

Mourning Glory

Hello again, .

The knight politely accepted the woman's words and smile without further questioning, simply attributing the fall of yet another Noble House to a failure to adapt to the times.

"Oh?" He uttered, tilting his head. "Are you working as a florist now, per chance?"

She had mentioned earlier she was 'delivering some flowers'. He had thought it meant she was mourning her own losses, but now that he thought about it, 'delivering' didn't sound quite right for a visitor.

After he had asked so many questions, it was only fair for the lady to begin asking her own.

Though he had purposely obfuscated his identity as a noble man during his youth traveling around Galar, he hadn't been making such effort when arriving in Hoenn.

Though He hadn't once shared his status with anyone in the region, he hadn't exactly been going out of his way to hide it. It was a simple matter of no one ever asking the right questions and him feeling absolutely no inclination to share that part of himself.

He preferred to share tales of Freezington, of his knighthood, and, naturally, of his children.

There was an extremely brief moment in which hesitance clouded his pale green eyes.

"Nowadays, I am simply Sir Gwyar Wledig." He said after a moment. "To some, however, I am still Baron Freezington."

The Gallade behind him tilted his head slightly at the man, surprised.

Freezington, a Barony located within the Grand Duchy of the Crown Tundra- an oft rebellious vassal territory of Galar.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,402 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Mourning Glory [Social]
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2022 1:53:42 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Condoléances
[break][break]
[break]
"I am," she confirmed, a smaller, more genuine smile revealing itself as the conversation lightened. "Gardening has always been my first love. Floristry came naturally after that."

The man's admission of his own noble heritage made sense, given the context of their conversation and his knowledge of her own background. That it would be from a house with a mildly contentious Galarian history did however catch her off-guard.

"Freezington?" she repeated, conjuring an image in her mind's eye based on books she'd read a long time ago, and histories the details of which she'd mostly lost to the forgetful haziness of time. "I have admittedly never been. Do you miss it?"

The tactlessness of her question hit her seconds after. Galar in shambles. To ask about his home region given recent events, and the very memorial they had both just departed, was to open what were undoubtedly raw wounds.

Her Gardevoir glanced up at her as she paused mid-step, facing him with sudden self-reproach. "I apologize. That was a thoughtless thing to say."

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
awards
1,235 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
Mourning Glory [Social]
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2022 2:49:06 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

Mourning Glory

Hello again, .

Hers was a rather a Lady-like vocation, with a capital L.

"Is that so? I'm glad you were able to pursue your calling, despite the circumstances." He said. "I pray you'll let me see your work, sometime. I find myself purchasing flowers with alarming frequency, of late."

So many monuments had been erected in the past two years, so many people and pokemon had met unnecessary deaths. Hoenn was cursed- a land of death. A fitting birthplace for the Calamity that was the Darkest Day.

AND SPEAKING OF WHICH.

The Gallade flinched before the man did, the pokemon's breath hitching not at the innocent enough question, but at the man's sharp, emotional response. Almost as if jolted awake, it rose swiftly in alarm before slowly getting itself under control.

Though Gwyar's jaw had briefly tensed, his expression had remained stubbornly frozen in a blank, stoic mask. However, his hesitance in answering was rather obvious, allowing Elisabeth to manage an apology.

"... Indeed it was." The man said in a brief moment of heat. He caught himself a moment after however, flinching. "... My apologies, that was uncalled for. It's... it's a sensitive topic, but I should get over myself nonetheless."

He was rather used to stumbling into faux pas, despite his best efforts. He couldn't judge her it; if she had intended any harm, Gawain would've stepped into the conversation. Angrily.

"I do not miss Freezington, no." He said as he resumed walking. "It was a small, cold, desolate town, surrounded by a barren tundra and cruel, savage wild life."

At least, that was life there as he recalled it- as someone who barely actually lived there. Someone who only experienced Freezington as framed by his Father's strict training regime.

"But I do miss my family." His daughters, mostly. "I never expected to stay in Hoenn for so long. I kept putting off my return, wowed by the fantastical circumstances that continuously assailed the region, by the new relationships I had found myself forming; I thought I had found new meaning far away from my ancestral home. But now... I need to return to ensure my family's safety, yet, I am trapped. The irony is such, I could almost laugh, were it not for the constant stream of God awful news."

The man fell silent after a moment, gazing off ahead into the distance, mind far away.

"... And you, Miss Fiorelli?" He asked after a moment. "Do you miss your old home?"

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,402 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Mourning Glory [Social]
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2022 3:22:54 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Condoléances
[break][break]
[break]
"...That must be difficult. Being away from your loved ones, wondering, worrying." There was a sincerity in the consolation, one that carried into the way she looked at him. "Fate can be a fickle and uncaring thing, and I wish it had been kinder to you."

She'd silently missed her family for years, too, before she'd finally, truly lost them.

The way he changed the conversation to her felt more like a retreat, than true interest. She didn't miss the heat that had come in his retaliation, the raw pain that had flashed across his face with her misstep. Elisabeth could be cruel, but in this case, she had not meant to be.

His question was one that was not intended to be cruel either, and it was one that repetition had dulled to the point that its utterance could no longer harm her: "I don't miss Kalos, no. I have no one there waiting for me."

The imbalance between them that her faux pas had created sat on her shoulders uncomfortably, seeking some shift to relieve her of its weight. A hand absently lost itself in her golden hair, fidgeting.

"I don't know where I'm going," she admitted suddenly. "Do you know where you're headed?" A pause. "Is there somewhere you'd like to go?"

Ending the conversation here, after she'd wounded him in such a way, felt unkind. Something in her wanted to mend it before they parted ways.

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
awards
1,235 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
Mourning Glory [Social]
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2022 13:42:48 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

Mourning Glory

Hello again, .

His mood did not grow much better despite her words, though the man put on a smile with practiced ease.

"I chose to overstay my welcome and must now stay for good; perhaps it's punishment, perhaps it's destiny." The man stopped and turned his gaze towards. Polluted with light as the city was, there was not a single star in the sky to be seen. "My family is not foolish enough to remain in Galar in these conditions... so I hope."

His father was stubborn, but he was also pragmatic. Even if he chose to stay, he would surely see his daughters out of Galar, possibly sent to their villa in Kalos.

Gwyar, on the other hand...

"I should probably worry about myself just a little more." The man said, gaze narrowing at the sky.

METENO. If he was to survive, the league had to succeed. He did not trust Team Rocket's ventures; even if they were to succeed, it would only worsen the reef between the people of Hoenn and their government.

No, the league was not allowed to fail. It seemed he would need to meet with soon.

"... I am terribly sorry to hear that." The man said softly as she answered his query, her brief words telling a whole story. No parents, no husband, no children, no family at all... Or no family willing to meet her.

He was beginning to grow curious. Some of these things didn't make sense...

The man stopped in his tracks at her question, looking mildly confused. Behind him, his Gallade popped his head over the man's side, looking equally bemused.

"Ah... Oh! You do not live in Sootopolis." The man realized belatedly; he had assumed the woman made her life in the city. Why else would she be here? Memorial or not, Sootopolis was still rocket territory... "My. You're quite fearless, dear me!"

The man laughed it off, not sure if he should've been impressed or worried for the woman, and choosing to instead do both. Between this and her presence at the Cloud, he was beginning to realize Elisabeth wasn't just some beautiful, unassuming florist and former noble...

But then, even the children in Hoenn leapt at the chance for adventure, so perhaps he shouldn't have been surprised.

"As a matter of fact, I was on my way to my tentative home." The man replied with a chuckle, giving the woman a flirty, if playful smile. "I thought you were as well."

Going to her own home, that is. Not his. That would be silly.

... Actually, it would be awful. A former noble Lady, in that vermin infested room-sized flat? Gods forbid.

"But... there's a cafe I know nearby." The man chuckled, before looking around. "Would you join me, briefly?"

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,402 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Mourning Glory [Social]
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2022 21:49:55 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Condoléances
[break][break]
[break]
Elisabeth Fiorelli the Rocket admin was not a woman who felt compassion for the collateral damage her own venomous actions caused.

That well-crafted persona held walls that resisted against weaker sympathies, suffocating them with thorns of indifference and spite; she'd been subjected to great cruelty despite her own innocence, and Elisabeth resented that others asked for mercies she herself had been denied.

In her civilian life, however, precious few of those same ironclad walls presented themselves. She'd compartmentalized her two lives to such frightening efficiency that the two women who inhabited them were not quite one and the same.

"I hope they are safe, too," Elisabeth answered him softly. Her Gardevoir glided behind her with a silent stoicism, ghosting her every step. "In the meantime, I hope you can find a way to find peace with the uncertainty. It must be exhausting."

Despite the allegiance of the city where they were standing, her answer remained true in this moment. And in some ways, perhaps, inherently true in ways the other parts of her failed to consistently be.

The parts of her that made her fearless walking in Sootopolis, for example.

Elisabeth laughed brightly and suddenly, startled by his choice of words, before raising an eyebrow at the following statement. A slightly bemused smile creased her lips.

"Do I seem so bold to you as that?" she asked, a teasing lilt entering her voice. "I regret to inform you, Mr. Wledig, I'm not so fearless as to follow a strange man at night to his home, no."

She was fairly certain it was an innocent blunder in wordplay, but it was a deeply amusing one nonetheless.

"I live outside of Petalburg," Elisabeth continued breezily, unbothered and unoffended. "And if you know of a café open at this hour, then by all means. Lead the way."

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
awards
1,235 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
Mourning Glory [Social]
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2022 4:17:02 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

Mourning Glory

Hello again, .

The man felt himself smile as her laughter rang through the empty streets of Sootopolis, it quickly turning to a toothy grin as she boldly called him out.

"Elisabeth, I would never imply such a thing." The man said... before winking. "But just for the record... I'm not strange."

An audible snort came out of the irreverent Gallade, the pokemon making a face at the man very briefly before immediately schooling himself back into neutrality just as the man glanced back.

"As a matter of fact, I do!" The man said, taking the lead confidently. They were not too far away, though admittedly the place was a little out of the way. "When one works for the Sootopolis police... coffee is less a pleasure, more of a necessity."

If you wanted to know where to get coffee in Sootopolis, you asked a cop. 9 times out of 10 they would point you towards the nearest place; the other time they were too busy being murdered in broad daylight.

It wasn't long before they made it to the coffee shop- a good thing, considering it had begun to thunder in the distance. The very first drops of rain had just begun to fall when the ringing of chimes welcomed them into a cozy establishment, the man opening the door briefly and stepping aside to let the lady inside before following behind.

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/850907874325823529/873390743643906138/Rainy_Day_Cafe.mp3[/player]

As they entered, a bartender offering a welcome as a warmth settled upon them, Gwyar looked around briefly before pointing out one of several empty tables that struck his fancy.

"They've got some fun sounding items on the menu here." He said as he approached the bar and grabbed two single sheet menus, humming. "I usually just take a regular cup, though."

He was back with the woman soon after, looking around before his gaze immediately settled on the nearest table, pulling out a seat for the lady with a smile.

"You mentioned you lived near Petalburg earlier? That's quite far from Sootopolis..." He said as the waiter began to move in the background. He didn't care about that. "... Though the circumstances are sad and grim, business must be going well!"

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,402 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Mourning Glory [Social]
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2022 5:29:47 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Condoléances
[break][break]
[break]
"Oh? That sounds like something a strange man would say," she said with an easy shrug, following him into the café with her Gardevoir in tow.

Where his Gallade was reactive, her own Gardevoir was as seemingly still and silent as a smooth stretch of water as it shadowed its mistress inside. However, the composure that the Pokemon often mirrored appeared to have relaxed in her own trainer, visible in the way the heaviness from the previous discussion lifted from her shoulders.

Only as the man casually mentioned his own profession did it return, her posture straightening as she took the offered seat. "Police officer in Sootopolis?" she repeated, glancing up at him with open surprise. "And you call me fearless."

He didn't seem Rocket; he didn't recognize her in that sense, at least. If he had, he would treat her differently.

How many League officials and cops was she going to find herself becoming friendly with? It was becoming absurd.

The whole point in living alone in a cottage in Petalburg was to avoid suspicion. Somehow, she'd missed that mark entirely the longer she lived in Hoenn. The florist had given her business card, for Arceus's sake.

How much of this was her own curiosity getting the best of her? A good deal, she suspected.

Elisabeth propped her chin on her hand, considering the matter as she looked at the menu.

"I don't sleep much, so I can't see the harm in indulging in some caffeine at night," she admitted, then after some careful thought, ordered a latte.

The beverage reminded her of the one that had given her one lazy morning in Camphrier Town, the two friends discussing topics that Elisabeth hadn't aired in years. It had been the first time in a long time that someone had prepared her breakfast, and though it was a silly thought to cling to, she did.

"Hm?" The interrogative cant of his following question caught her slightly off-guard; perhaps the man's profession had her more on edge than she'd realized. It took only a few moments however for her to once more lean into a practised smile. "Ah. You'd be surprised, I think. Florists tend to a great deal many things. Funerals and weddings primarily. That work can be regionwide. Teleportation by Gardevoir can assist in being wherever I need to be."

It was here that an impish thought took hold of her, and rather than behave herself, she gave into the impulse with a wicked smile.

"Why, Mr. Wledig? Are you concerned I am up to something nefarious in Sootopolis?"

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]