Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
A keen mind cuts deeper than even the sharpest sword.
awards
1,212 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
Death Metal [C]
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2022 20:53:40 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_lyrics"]Recycle, reuse, reinvent
[attr="class","aurelie_body"]The praise in Oscar's email caused Aurelie to glow with pride, and the prompt delivery of new Steel-type materials the next morning made her feel truly valued by her current employer, if also still troubled by exactly where—and whom—these materials were coming from. The thought of her own beloved Steel-type Pokemon ending up in a shipping container like this, dismembered and dismantled into discrete body parts to be reassembled into machines and tools, made her shudder. The red-haired smith bit her lip as she sorted through the bins of material, reminding herself to be dispassionate and professional.

Think of it as like a person donating their body to science after they die, she told herself. Or like someone being an organ donor. Only— She couldn't help thinking, I doubt these Pokemon truly chose to donate themselves like this. Or did they? Do I even want to know for sure?

It was a lot for a one-eyed smith lady to ponder, that was for sure.

Even if Aurelie was having doubts at this late juncture, though, she had already signed Oscar's contract, accepted his terms, researched the materials he'd provided, and even eaten at his expense. She couldn't leave now. Nor did she want to, really! She wanted to make the prosthetics casings out of the incredible materials, especially the intriguing Bug/Steel-type specimens that promised to be strong, lightweight, and durable all at once—more so than any mundane steel Aurelie had ever used.

So, she did her best to shake off the melancholy feeling and went to work.

Obediently, Aurelie first burned Oscar's note as she was lighting up the huge industrial forge. Then she dug through the rest of his Steel-type cadavers—no, no, materials—to find her favorite specimens: the Scizor, Lucario, and Bisharp materials. As he'd written, there was plenty of all three types, probably more than she needed, but it certainly wasn't an infinite supply. As Aurelie waited for the forge to reach forging temperatures, she pursed her lips thoughtfully and reached for Oscar's schematics.

First, I'll make this out of ordinary steel, she decided, so that I can practice and figure out what I'm doing. Only when I feel comfortable with that will I move on to using the Steel-type materials. I'll use the stronger, more durable ones—and at this point, Aurelie quickly scrolled over to check her spreadsheets of data. Yes, the more durable ones for the larger casings, and then the lighter, more flexible ones for the finger and joint casings.

With a plan in mind, Aurelie set to work. For a week, she devoted herself to simply mastering making all the casings out of ordinary steel. This was the week where she was okay with letting metal burn while she feverishly checked and double-checked the schematics, forgetting measurements or parameters, and struggling to make parts fit together—with trial and error, in short. She absolutely wanted to know everything about the process before she ever used any of the precious Steel-type materials.

It was all painstaking, meticulous, detail-heavy work. Yet, it was easier than Aurelie had feared, because it wasn't as different from bladesmithing as she'd thought it would be. Heating, hammering, shaping, and grinding out the metal to a specific form—all those things stayed the same.

The next week, she started constructing the larger casings out of the Lucario and Durant specimens, the parts that she guessed would cover things like forearms, calves, and other larger portions of the body. For these parts, Aurelie had always imagined herself forging exceptionally large and detailed swords, and that was the mental approach she took now. But ah, the Steel-type materials! They truly moved in the forge and under her hammer almost like living things, vibrant and adaptable rather than rigid and cold. It felt strange, but it was also amazing.

When Aurelie was content with the quality of the larger casings she'd assembled, she moved on to the finer, more articulated, more delicate casings for the joints. These would have to be perfectly forged and fitted together, so that they would move naturally for the user. For these, she used the exoskeletons of Scizor and the blades of the Pawniards and Bisharps, which were thinner and lighter but still resilient and strong. These materials were even more incredible, just as Aurelie had anticipated.

She spent two weeks working on the smaller casings. She made more mistakes here too, despite all her preparation and planning, ruining large portions of Scizor exoskeletons to faults in measurement and shaping. She gritted her teeth, sternly reminded herself to take more time and not rush, ordered some comfort food those evenings, and persevered.

But finally, even those casings were done. In the end, Aurelie ended up making slightly fewer prosthetics casings than Oscar had initially requested, thanks to her mistakes and struggles with forging. However, the work she had done should all fit together and work together well. She surveyed the materials bins and then her completed casings with an expression of pride, nervously mixed with some misgivings.

What would Oscar think? Would he approve? Was it enough? The Rocket Beast should be stopping in anytime today, since it was the end of the month now, when he'd promised he would check in.

[attr="class","aurelie_tag"]

[attr="class","cred"]VEL OF PIXEL PERFECT

[newclass=.aurelie]width:420px;padding:40px;background:#862939;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie img]height:100px;width:100px;padding:15px;border:1px solid #fff;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_lyrics]text-align:center;font-family:verdana;font-size:9px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#eee;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_body]width:420px;padding:40px;background:#222;font-size:14px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;font-family:calibri;color:#aaa;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_tag]text-align:center;font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_tag a]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:8px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:8px;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
Rosemary, heaven restores you in life.
awards
1,971 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
Death Metal [C]
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2023 20:40:52 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar could not stop staring at his hand, his face placid as he looked on. His fingertips were starting to blacken, that was new. Usually the black veins from his illness would just cover his hands and that would be that, but now his actual fingers seemed to be slowly rotting away. It was just as he predicted, before long even his treatment from Xerneas would not be able to save his limbs. He used to panic about the thought before, but now he only felt numb.

His helicopter pilot announced their approach to Sootopolis, and Oscar quickly donned his glove once more. He was glad he thought ahead, if all went well he would have a fine selection of prosthetics to choose from--should the need arise. Otherwise, Aurelie's research had sent Oscar's imagination racing. Human augmentation should be easier than ever now, though he still had many tests to run. Hopefully MAGMA would be able to speed up the process, they were accelerating their pseudo-Avatar program after all. Having their subjects outfitted with powerful metal limbs might be useful to their experiments.

Oscar was dropped off directly at Aurelie's workshop, and as he entered he would immediately beam with joy. She had created and displayed a wide variety of limbs indeed, just as beautiful as he had imagined. Oscar clapped his hands together as he approached his favorite blacksmith, "I can already tell I made the right choice. Let me take a look, I've been dying to see these bad boys in person!"

Oscar stepped up to the displayed casings, picking one up to take a closer look. The craftmanship was flawless, he could not have asked for a better product. To think that one of these beauties would serve as his new appendages--that is if he could not find a cure for his ailment in time. Oscar's expression became melancholy, and as he turned back to Aurelie his smile would be noticeably strained. 

"Wonderful, simply perfect. You've exceeded my expectations honestly. Just let me examine the rest and we'll talk payment." Oscar inspected the other pieces with mostly visual scans, only picking up pieces he found particularly fascinating. It took a bit, but once he felt satisfied he would turn his attention to Aurelie and pull a checkbook out of his coat pocket.

"Well then miss, you've earned every penny." He opened the book and wrote down a number he felt matched the value of her work. He would then rip the check out and hand it to her, "I hope this number is sufficient. We can haggle if you're not satisfied." Aurelie would find a lot of zeros on this check. Possibly too many, but the quality was worth the price.

close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
A keen mind cuts deeper than even the sharpest sword.
awards
1,212 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
Death Metal [C]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2023 20:50:31 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_lyrics"]Recycle, reuse, reinvent
[attr="class","aurelie_body"]They had come a long way since over a month ago, when Oscar had delivered his note to her via his unique Ariados and Aurelie had prepared a platter of little hors d'oeuvres on baguette slices for him. She had never worked on a project quite like this before, nor for a customer quite like him, and because of that, she'd thrown herself whole-heartedly into the work. Now, looking at the array of prosthetics that she'd constructed out of Steel-type Pokemon body parts, the red-haired smith felt at once proud, tired, and overwhelmed.

But perhaps it was only to be expected when Aurelie had essentially pressed six months' worth of work into one month and then topped it off with a last night of frantic, last-minute crafting of finger and hand prosthetic casings. She felt as if she'd bled herself into those casings—emotionally and spiritually, if not necessarily physically. From that point of view, the rows of metal covers for arms and legs, hands and feet seemed very small, for all the effort she'd expended into them.

But from the warmth in Oscar's smile and voice when he greeted her and started to survey her work, perhaps it wasn't such a small thing after all. The white-haired Rocket Beast applauded her efforts with admiration and gratitude, looking over the pieces she'd made and studying them with intense interest. Aurelie relaxed and breathed a sigh of relief.

"I'm glad you like them," she replied forthrightly, smiling back at him. "It was honestly a pleasure to make these for you, which was something I didn't expect. But the materials were amazing to work with and the schematics were really fascinating to construct! I really enjoyed the process, so I'm glad you approve of the products."

She had so many questions for Oscar. So many. Where had he found all these Steel-type body parts, how did he have so many, how could he afford all this even with Greater Mauville Holdings behind him, why was he interested in prosthetic limbs, what plans did he have for the ones she'd made—so many things she wanted to ask. Surely, they weren't for him; his hands and feet looked normal enough under the gloves and shoes, so perhaps he was supplying them to other amputees he knew?

But there was something tense and strained-looking in his smile that gave Aurelie pause. They had an artisan-customer relationship, nothing deeper. She wasn't sure she dared to pry further into his secrets

"I look forward to seeing what you do with these," she said instead, opting to be courteous and neutral. "I hope they go to people who need them. Or, well, this being Rocket and all, to people who will put them to the best possible use for us." She smiled wryly, acknowledging the strength-based meritocracy of their organization.

The check Oscar gave her did indeed take her breath away. No one had ever paid her a sum with so many zeroes in it before! An incredulous laugh escaped from her lips as she shook her head in wonder.

"No haggling here," she exclaimed, clasping the check tightly. "If anything, I'm holding onto it before you change your mind and take it back! This will be a huge boon to my business, and to some marketing campaigns and contests I've been wanting to run if I ever had enough money. Thank you so much, si—Oscar. Thank you so much!"

And with their business concluded and their contract fulfilled, Oscar had her flown back to Lilycove City and dropped off near her shop, just as he'd picked her up originally. She stood and waved goodbye as the helicopter flew away, feeling as if—at least for a moment—she'd been part of something larger and more important than just herself. Her parting words to him echoed in her ears, and she only hoped that they resonated with him too.

"Take care of yourself," she had said, looking back over her shoulder at him with her uncovered eye before she'd descended from the helicopter. Smiling cheekily, she quipped, "I surely hope I'm your favorite smith, because so far, you've been my favorite Beast. So if you ever need something else to be crafted for you, discreetly and effectively, just let me know."

[attr="class","aurelie_tag"]

[attr="class","cred"]VEL OF PIXEL PERFECT

[newclass=.aurelie]width:420px;padding:40px;background:#862939;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie img]height:100px;width:100px;padding:15px;border:1px solid #fff;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_lyrics]text-align:center;font-family:verdana;font-size:9px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#eee;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_body]width:420px;padding:40px;background:#222;font-size:14px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;font-family:calibri;color:#aaa;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_tag]text-align:center;font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_tag a]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:8px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:8px;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,752 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Death Metal [C]
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2023 5:45:35 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbg"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A GOLETT HATCHES FROM THE EGG!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] GENDERLESS
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] NO GUARD
[attr="class","wildtabox"]PHANTOM FORCE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HEAVY SLAM
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MEGA PUNCH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HAMMER ARM
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FIRE PUNCH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]IRON DEFENSE

[attr="class","wildtag"] (PUMPKABOO)

[attr="class","wildnote"]CONGRATULATIONS!

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,752 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Death Metal [C]
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2023 5:46:10 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven