Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
I cannot conceive of a universe
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
Curiosity is one of the great secrets of happiness.
awards
1,358 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
Sans Viridity [M/MAGMA]
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2022 4:06:54 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nomitest2"]
[attr="class","nomitest2text"]

[attr="class","nomitest2pkmn"]

It was another beautiful summer afternoon in Slateport City, and while most folks were out enjoying the last few days of Splashfest, Nomi could be found in the courtyard of Slateport University's Technology Center, humming happily as she thumbed through her Chemistry flash cards, studying to pass the time until 's boss showed up to meet her. Well, Nomi was pretty sure he was Ceri's boss...one of them, anyway. Team Rocket was run by several bosses, was Nomi's current understanding. Admins and underbosses, she remembered Ceri explaining.[break][break]
Whatever was, Nomi was excited to finally meet him. Perhaps she should have felt more nervous - this man was surely going to be the most dangerous person she will have ever met. But all she could feel was a distinct sense of anticipation: after going through the majority of her life wondering what had really happened to her parents, she was finally going to have the opportunity to talk with someone who might be able to tell her. But I have to prove myself to him before I start digging into all that, she reminded herself. I need to earn his trust.[break][break]
Well, she had an idea of how she could go about doing that. Ceri had explained the details of several ongoing Rocket initiatives, specifically of the scientific variety, so Nomi was well aware that gathering (okay okay, technically stealing) certain Pokémon was important for seeing those experiments through. Ceri had given Nomi a list of Pokémon to keep an eye out for. It just so happened that Slateport University was home to one of the Pokémon species on that list.[break][break]
Nomi's Sylveon, Valerian, growled softly and Nomi looked up from the flash card about alpha particles to see a man approaching her bench. Yep, she thought, smiling, that guy definitely looks like a boss.

[attr="class","nomitest2ooc"]
[break]

NOTES

+ Mission: Data Leak[break]
+ M.A.G.M.A Sample Collection: Gather[break]
+ Nomi's Outfit

[googlefont=Calibri]
[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.nomitest2]--accent:#f29cdd;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nomitest2]font:14px Calibri;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .nomitest2text b"]color:var(--accent); } .nomitest2 .nomitest2text a { font:14px Calibri;font-weight:800;text-transform:uppercase; } .nomitest2 .nomitest2text i { color:var(--accent); } .nomitest2 .nomitest2text u { text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .nomitest2ooc"]} .nomitest2 .nomitest2ooc b { color:var(--accent); } .nomitest2 .nomitest2ooc a { font:14px Calibri;font-weight:800;text-transform:uppercase; } .nomitest2 .nomitest2ooc i { color:var(--accent); } .nomitest2 .nomitest2ooc h1 { font:18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;letter-spacing:.5px } .nomitest2 .nomitest2ooc u { text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .nomitest2pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Sans Viridity [M/MAGMA]
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2022 8:51:26 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar

Gavin knows little of her but that she comes at the recommendation of . The M.A.G.M.A scientist was one of Gavin's favoured minds, the eagerness to which she applied herself to the division not lost on the underboss. That she vouches for Naomi is the reason that Gavin takes time out of his busy day to grace the campus of SUTC with his disguised presence.

Amusing as it might've been to cause a scene, he's incognito today.

No amount of physical disguise conceals an ego, however, and the confident way in which Gavin carries himself seems to draw the eye of the girl on the bench before he's even opened his mouth for an introduction.

Observant. Good. First impressions were important.

"You must be Ms. Sato."

Gavin's voice is rich, deep, edged rough with the gravel of a smoker's throat.

"Thomas Finnegan, but you can call me Finn." She'll know from Ceri that his real name is Merlino, but she might know from the news why he avoids using that name in public. "I was told you might be interested in a project I'm working on."

Behind his glasses, eyes of amber twinkle with mischief.

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,358 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
Sans Viridity [M/MAGMA]
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2022 11:55:35 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]

Unphased by the man's false introduction - Ceri had mentioned he might do that - Nomi continued to smile warmly as she stood, slipping her flash cards into a side pocket of her messenger bag. Val stretched, yawned, and walked over to sniff "Finn." He stared up at the man with wide, unblinking baby blue eyes, expression contemplative. Then he seemed to decide that the man was agreeable, yawned a second time, and returned to Nomi's side looking bored. Well, that's a good sign, Nomi thought. Valerian was especially adept at assessing character; if he didn't like somebody, it was usually an indication that the person was not safe to be around.[break][break]
"Nice to meet you, Finn. You can just call me Nomi. Pretty much everybody does."[break][break]
The two made for quite the comical pair: the petite pink-haired woman dressed in matching pink overall shorts contrasted with the taller man's confident, businesslike demeanor. He even sounded cool. Nomi couldn't help but immediately like him, regardless of the mysterious and violent history that floated around him like some kind of invisible aura.[break][break]
"I am definitely interested in your project," Nomi replied with sincerity. "Ceri gave me a little bit of background info. And am I right in assuming a Porygon or two would be useful to you?"

[break]

NOTES

+ Nomi's Outfit

[googlefont=Calibri]
[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.nomitest2]font:14px Calibri;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .nomitest2text b"]color:var(--accent); } .nomitest2 .nomitest2text a { font:14px Calibri;font-weight:800;text-transform:uppercase; } .nomitest2 .nomitest2text i { color:var(--accent); } .nomitest2 .nomitest2text u { text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .nomitest2ooc"]} .nomitest2 .nomitest2ooc b { color:var(--accent); } .nomitest2 .nomitest2ooc a { font:14px Calibri;font-weight:800;text-transform:uppercase; } .nomitest2 .nomitest2ooc i { color:var(--accent); } .nomitest2 .nomitest2ooc h1 { font:18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;letter-spacing:.5px } .nomitest2 .nomitest2ooc u { text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .nomitest2pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Sans Viridity [M/MAGMA]
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2022 14:45:07 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"Nomi," Gavin repeats, and smiles like the sun. "Cute."

For a moment, it's hard to picture the hardened criminal behind the softness that overtakes his features, the easy way he laughs and cards a hand through long brown hair. He's not wearing the wedding ring that usually adorns his left hand; Finn isn't married, after all. The glint of silver around his neck appears to be a simple chain, but the ring nestles against his chest beneath his shirt.

He crouches to offer his hand to the Sylveon, even allowing its ribbons to brush his arm should it wish to glean his intent. Having a Sylveon of his own, he understood them to a degree.

"Porygon are always useful." Gavin straightens up after the Sylveon loses interest, tucking brown locks behind his ear and adjusting his glasses. "But for the project I'm planning especially, I think. Do you have any?"

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,358 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
Sans Viridity [M/MAGMA]
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2022 3:09:35 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]

"Nope!" Nomi declared, grinning, eyes sparkling with a slight mischief. "But they do." She inclined her head in the direction of the university's Technology Center, which was right behind them. There was a reason she'd instructed this man to meet her here, outside of this building, after all. It hadn't been an arbitrary location.[break][break]
She began to walk casually towards the entrance of the Technology Center, student ID in hand. Val followed along dutifully, without needing to be told to. She looked back over her shoulder at Gavin, and waved for him to follow her. He has a kindly smile, she thought, the softness of his earlier expression still lingering. Handsome, too. It was an act of course, and she knew it. All the same, she was glad to be dealing with "Finn" during her first ever official Rocket mission and not a more sinister persona.[break][break]
"You'll be my guest for today. They'll make you sign in, but after that, nobody will pay us any mind."[break][break]

[break]

NOTES

+ Nomi's Outfit

[googlefont=Calibri]
[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Sans Viridity [M/MAGMA]
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2022 9:12:18 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Behind feigned softness, something sparks in Gavin's eyes.

Looks could be deceiving, just as 'Finn' demonstrated with his own façade, and it would appear that 's illusion of girlish naivete served to conceal the cunning underneath. had told him nothing except that Naomi would be an excellent fit for the M.A.G.M.A Division, and now the underboss is beginning to see why.

"Lead the way."

He follows in her wake, stride confident but possessed of a casual air that Merlino had not the luxury to wear.

Thomas Finnegan, he signs into the book, his signature bearing no resemblance to the elegant curl of Gavin Merlino or Cillian Quinn.

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,358 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
Sans Viridity [M/MAGMA]
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2022 12:20:06 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]

Nomi watched as the receptionist took back the signed clipboard from "Finn," expression bored, immediately looking back down at her mobile phone, which she seemed to be using to play some kind of puzzle game. Unphased by the woman's inattentiveness, Nomi winked at her companion as if to say See? Easy!, then headed off in the direction of a row of elevators.[break][break]
She pressed the down arrow button, and within a few short moments, one of the elevators pinged! loudly, its doors sliding open. Nomi ushered Gavin inside, and quickly closed the doors. Once they were alone inside, she looked up at him and said, casually, "The Porygon are in the basement - they help maintain the servers that power the university's public website, student portal, the environments that the IST students use for their project work, and some of the programs required for our robotics machinery. I did some digging, and the thing is, there are six Porygon, which is honestly a lot for what they are being asked to do. If we take one or two, the University isn't going to miss them." She shrugged. "And if they do, well, our tuition is expensive - they'll be able to acquire more, I'm sure."[break][break]
When Nomi had first been planning out this mission, she'd wondered if she should be more concerned about stealing from her school. Was there a more legally viable approach to gaining access to the Porygon? But the more she'd thought about it, the more she'd convinced herself that it would be safest - for Rocket - for the Porygon to simply disappear. And it was true that the university could afford to replace them, far more easily than any individual person might be able to. Stealing from a large, wealthy institution wasn't exactly hurting anybody too much. And anyway, Nomi wanted to impress men like . The more she earned their trust, the more opportunities she would have to ask about Kanto.[break][break]
The elevator pinged! again, and the doors slid open. Nomi stepped out into the frigid basement, expecting Val and Gavin to follow.

[break]

NOTES

+ Nomi's Outfit

[googlefont=Calibri]
[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Sans Viridity [M/MAGMA]
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2022 13:58:05 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"No sound from the elevator camera, I'd hope." Leaning against one of the walls, the bar pressed against his back, Gavin assures Nomi, "There usually isn't. It's illegal." His canines flash with a devilish grin. He's been friends with not one, not two, but three Rockets specializing in intel. These are the sorts of things you learn.

"Are we allowed down here?" He's not too concerned if they aren't, but wants to know exactly how careful they should be to avoid any witnesses to their prescence. Plus, there was the aforementioned elevator camera. "My Rotom can set up a loop if we want to get off at a different floor and then double back."

There's an affirming BZZT! from the phone in his pocket as the Rotom housed with in acknowledges its trainer's words.

Whether or not they set up the loop, eventually Gavin steps out beside Nomi into the cool basement. Nice down here. Almost feels like home. His Sootopolis home, not Galar. That hadn't been home for ages.

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,358 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
Sans Viridity [M/MAGMA]
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2022 16:35:06 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]

Nomi blinked at her superior's concern. "Oh, yeah, students are allowed down here. I've been once before. I was looking for an extra flash drive." She smiled sheepishly. "I'm always misplacing stuff like that. I really need to acquire a key ring for them."[break][break]
His comment about the elevator security camera, though - now that was something she hadn't considered. Well, a good training opportunity! As the doors to the elevator shut, she glanced at the camera, making sure she remembered to be more careful about that sort of thing in the future. He was right this time, though: the University would definitely be following whatever legal protocols existed regarding security.[break][break]
Taking a look around, Nomi considered their approach. Nobody was around right now, in the semi-finished basement hallway they'd entered, which branched off into three different larger chambers. She dropped her voice a little lower, and murmured, tone still casual, "There are three rooms down here - the server room, the equipment storage room, and an extra robotics lab. We want the server room, but that will be the trickiest one to gain access to - you usually have to be enrolled in an IST class to have someone show you around. I admit...I've never actually been in there before." She'd done a pretty good job with planning but now it was time to improvise.[break][break]
"The equipment storage is where most students go, when they have to come down here. I think, since I'm the student - obviously - I'll see if I can distract the tech guys in the server room...ask them to help me find a piece of equipment but then accidentally knock over a bunch of stuff, which will give Val an opportunity to charm them. That leaves you free to slip in and steal the Porygon." She cocked her head cutely at him, expectant. "You seem like the sort of guy who can handle a stealthy retrieval. What do you think?"

[break]

NOTES

+ Nomi's Outfit

[googlefont=Calibri]
[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Sans Viridity [M/MAGMA]
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2022 21:24:17 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"I would recommend Klefki," Gavin offers, tone serious. "They'll never lose a key or attachment they like, but it can be a hell of a process getting them to give those up." A double-edged sword. Shifting, he shrugs back his blazer to expose the dormant Klefki attacked to his hip. A collection of keys with unknown purposes rest on its ring.

He listens in austere silence as Nomi explains the plan, nodding at appropriate moments. That she'd not prepared past this point was but a minor hiccup; ability to adapt to a changing situation was an important quality to assess in a recruit.

"I can certainly handle myself."

That Klefki he'd mentioned would come in handy, but first Nomi would need to execute her half of the plan.

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,358 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
Sans Viridity [M/MAGMA]
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2022 22:03:14 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]

"Klefki, cute!" Nomi exclaimed as the man before her revealed the silvery Pokemon. "I'll have to look into acquiring one. Maybe that can be our next mission." She winked, then grew serious. It was time to move.[break][break]
"I'll go to the server room and collect the student volunteers there. Stay here and look like you're going to use the elevator. When you see us moving into that room," she pointed across the hall to the storage chamber, "You'll know you're safe to retrieve the Porygon."[break][break]
Nomi walked over to the first door that branched off of the dark, dreary hallway. Slipping inside, she could see several massive server towers, a few electrical dashboards, some tablets, and various shelves full of other devices. Nomi took note of the fact that several Porygon were indeed within the room, humming softly as they moved about, checking on various pieces of equipment. Two young men, around Nomi's age, manned a service desk, looking like they'd rather be anywhere but in this extremely cold, dark room babysitting a bunch of computer hardware. Nomi smiled brilliantly at them.[break][break]
"Hello! I was wondering, would you two mind helping me find something over in storage?" She batted her eyelashes and flipped her pink hair over her shoulder in her best impression of a ditzy, flirtatious airhead. The two boys perked up, and one replied, "Uh, sure. Folks can come and go as they please, but if you're looking for something specific..." He looked at his companion, who shrugged. "We can help, I guess."[break][break]
A few minutes later, Nomi emerged from the server room with the two young men in tow. She payed "Finn" no mind as they passed, but Valerion looked at the Rocket underboss and subtly nodded his head.[break][break]

[break]

NOTES

+ Nomi's Outfit

[googlefont=Calibri]
[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Sans Viridity [M/MAGMA]
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2022 17:15:27 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
He nods, seeming agreeable. "I'd be happy to help, if you know where to find one. You should keep an ear on the Black Market, as well."

Focus soon shifts to the task at hand, however, and Gavin stands by the elevator with a bored expression, noting from the corner of his eye when exit the server room with a few other students in tow. He pays them no mind, feigning a look at his phone.

Once they've passed, light footsteps carry him to the room.

The Porygon aren't hard to find, and they pay him little attention as he slips inside. It seems they're used to people coming and going, and suspicions aren't raised even as he finds the location of their pokeballs and swipes two of them from the group. Two of the drifting code-ducks vanish as they're recalled, and Gavin tucks the minimized capsules into his blazer.

He nips back out just as swiftly, pressing the button on the elevator. Hopefully it'll arrive just in time for he and Nomi to abscond with the stolen Pokémon, before anyone notices that they're gone.

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,358 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
Sans Viridity [M/MAGMA]
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2022 2:17:07 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]

Once the two young men and Nomi were inside of the storage room, it didn't take long for Valerian to incapacitate them with a swiftly executed CHARM, which stunned them long enough for Nomi to "accidentally" knock over a shelf filled to the brim with various cords, portable hard-drives, and monitors. Once the charm effect wore off in a few minutes, the two IT students - relatively unharmed - would see the mess and think that was the reason they'd come into the room in the first place...forgetting all about helping the pink-haired girl with the Sylveon.[break][break]
Nomi hurried back into the dimly lit hall just as the ding! of the elevator sounded. was there, waiting for her, looking completely disinterested in whatever was going on in the storage room (surely he'd heard the loud crash). As the elevator doors slid open, Nomi was about to rush in when she remembered the underboss's cautionary statements about security cameras. Right, need to act cool, like nothing is wrong, she thought, composing herself. She walked into the elevator perfectly calmly, as if nothing at all were amiss.[break][break]
"We're all good," She murmured to Gavin in a pleased tone.

[break]

NOTES

+ Nomi's Outfit

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Sans Viridity [M/MAGMA]
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2022 4:46:51 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin does, in fact, hear the crash. He knows from which direction to expect , looking up from his phone to offer her a smile as if she were merely a classmate passing him in the hall.

They step into the elevator, Rocket's underboss as placid as a still pond.

"Excellent." He won't risk revealing their prize while in view of cameras, but says, "Two of them. Good work."

Once they're outside, he asks, "Join me for a drink?"

He knows the perfect bar where they can speak freely.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,026 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Sans Viridity [M/MAGMA]
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2022 22:36:42 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: