awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
How to Build a Doomsday Machine [M]
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2022 13:51:30 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Oooh, the League had put up a help ad! What was the AQUA initiative? What were primal crystals? And why was the League paying such an exorbitant amount of money just to have someone guard a bunch of strange rocks?

Had Andrea known those strange rocks were actually powering the machine that would warp the incoming meteoroid into another dimension, dooming all of its inhabitants in the process, she probably wouldn't have signed up for the job, but she never read the fine print. All she knew what that helping felt good, so that was more than enough reason for her to answer the League's call.

Clad in her childish dragon onesie that proved she was a sane person who could absolutely be trusted, the young PokéManiac waited outside one of the League's facilities in Slateport that was built for the purpose of housing those primal crystals and the machines powered by them. She hoped that an AQUA member would soon arrive to show her around, because security was already giving her weird looks, and last time that happened she'd ended up in an interrogation room.
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2022 14:15:10 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"...yup, i got it from here."

kyle finishes his conversation with another part of security from his radio as he walks through the corridor of the facility housing the modified machine that would house the primal crystal for their upcoming plan. his steps end when he reaches the entrance, greeting a person not wearing the league uniform.

he blinks as he stares at her. he takes out his phone to look at the time, confirms it's the scheduled arrival of the volunteer, and then keeps his phone away. with no other person in the vicinity, all clues point to her as the person of interest.

"oh. you're not late." he wonders if he should give a bigger reaction, but there's enough weirdos on hoenn that the only thing that makes her stand out for kyle was that she wasn't hiding it. "i guess we better get in. i'll show you around."

he leads her to a corridor filled with white panels that split further into more corridors. it's a temporary building made specifically for this situation, but the area remains surprisingly sprawling.

"i've met you somewhere before, right?" he asks, making small talk.

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
I wanna become a Pokémon!
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2022 16:56:07 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
A familiar voice rang in her ear, as Andrea was greeted by none other than Hoenn's Champion in the flesh! The bandana-wearing man gave her a tour of the facility, although there wasn't that much to see actually. The place was cold and sterile like an operating room. No decorations, just plain, white walls. Utilitarianism at its finest.

The dragon-costumed girl nearly jumped at Kyle's inquiry. "Oh! Now that you mention it... Weren't you at The Cloud? So many people were there... Just thinking about it makes my head dizzy!" Try as she might, what had transpired in that cyberspace within dimensions was a blur. Her most vivid memory was when things had collectively stopped making sense. One could even call it a conundrum!

The draconic cosplayer shook her head. "Anyway, what are we supposed to do here exactly? Something about making sure the rocks are not stolen?" She puzzledly asked.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2022 19:37:48 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he opens his mouth when she mentions it. of course she would stick out back then, given that she's one of the more vocal ones among the people stuck there.

"sounds about right." he smiles awkwardly. "e-everyone was weird during that time, so that shouldn't count as our first impression, yeah?"

while he didn't particularly lose memories, he'd rather not remember how cringe he acted back then. given that he's talking to someone in costume though, he suppose she wouldn't have minded.

as she gets them back on track, kyle leads them to the deepest most room of the facility.

"yup. basically just the usual boring guard duty." he answers. "we get paid for doing nothing if nothing actually happens at least, so that's a plus."

he opens the door, revealing a machine with other monitoring devices hooked in. the room looks exactly out of a sci-fi film and would have impressed kyle himself if he wasn't used to seeing similar scenes already.

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2022 19:33:47 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Fortunately, Andrea was not used to seeing similar scenes, so at least one of them was impressed by the room. "Whoa, look! They have the stuff that connects to that stuff and then goes into the other stuff! And they have screens that show stuff about the stuff!" The girl excitedly exclaimed. She had zero idea what any of that stuff did.

Her excitement soon waned when she realized that there really wasn't much to do in that room full of stuff. The dragon-costumed girl sat boredly on the floor with her legs spaced apart. "You're right, this is pretty boring... Who would wanna steal these rocks anyway?" She mused, looking up at Kyle with a questioning look.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2022 18:13:22 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
her excitement is welcome as it alleviates some boredom off of the tedious work.

"those things don't really need to be connected for the main thing to work," he explains casually. "it's really just there to test out values and monitor the general status of things, i think."

the facility was built almost overnight after all, and setting this up needed to be perfect. precision was a must despite the rush, so the obvious thing to do was to hook up as much apparatus in the machine.

as she asks a question, kyle quickly pulls out his phone and looks up her name before answering.

"one, it's expensive and rare. two, the rocks are filled with primal energy... whatever that means." he shrugs. "it's an important energy source for the science people, i suppose, kinda like uranium for nuclear power plants."

he doesn't know the specifics of it, but he has a general gist of how it's used. if asked to elaborate, however, he guesses he wouldn't be able to explain it, however.

"three is, well, i guess some people think it's going to get them avatar status." there's another shrug. "a lot of people just want power nowadays. are you one of them?"

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2022 14:16:40 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
It appeared that her mission partner was just as clueless about the true purpose of this machine as she was. However, he did shed some light on what primal energy was and the fact that it was somehow connected to achieving avatar status. "Don't you have to be chosen by a legendary Pokémon in order to become an avatar? How would getting these rocks help?" Andrea mused.

Kyle's own question got the draconic cosplayer to contemplate about what it was she was truly after. "Hmmm... I guess Pokémon can be pretty powerful. I do wanna turn into a Pokémon one day, but not because of their power. I could turn into a Magikarp and still enjoy myself, swimming in the river and having a fun time!" She jovially said.

Andrea had recently fought a Magikarp with her bare hands, so she had gained some respect and appreciation for those floppy fishes. She couldn't shake off the thought that there were people out there whose goals were far more insidious than hers. "Well... If anyone tries to steal them, my Pokémon and I will give them a walloping!" The dragon-hooded girl declared resolutely.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2022 17:42:46 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"they're used to travel to other dimensions and stuff," he answers. "there's been instances of people getting paired with legendary pokemon there. i'm sure there are people who would take the chance, no matter how little."

it had been a cause of a controversy within the higher ups on office after all. there's also stories of this 'father winter' guy giving people what they want through interdimensional travel, which plagued the internet back then.

there's a smile on his face when andrea denies being interested in power.

"makes me wish we get attacked right now," he humors her. "at least that's going to give us something to do."

he looks around to look for office chairs. he finds two on the corner of the room and rolls one towards her direction while he sits on the other.

"since we won't be doing anything anyways until we do get unfortunately attacked, do you want to talk about sygna suits?"

she looks like she's wearing one right now anyways.

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2022 14:04:04 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Traveling to other dimensions? Now that sounded like something only villains did. The world was already so vast, and so much of it had yet to be explored, that trying to venture into an entirely different dimension for a mere power trip seemed a bit greedy.

Speaking of unexplored concepts, Kyle casually threw a term that the young PokéManiac had never heard before, despite what one might think about her fashion sensibilities: Sygna Suits. "Sygna Suits? What are those?" Andrea wasn't a huge fan of suits, since every time she tried to put on a dress shirt, the buttons kept tearing and flying off. Nevertheless, she was interested in hearing more about that exotic-sounding word.

Their chit-chat was interrupted by a blaring alarm that painted the whole room red. The dragon-costumed girl jumped up in surprise. "Whoa, is that an intruder alert?! We'd better go check that out!" She said in an urgent tone.

It looked like either Kyle had challenged fate, or Andrea would have to stay true to her earlier promise by doing some serious walloping to whoever (or whatever) had caused this emergency.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2022 18:28:30 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he opens his mouth, ready for a full explanation, when the alarm sounds.

"you'll like them, i think," he summarizes his words in a single sentence as he gets up from his seat. "they're releasing soon, so you can just look for info about that stuff on the internet later on if you want."

he does the triple tap to make sure he has everything he needs with him: his keys, his wallet and then his pokemon. once he makes sure he hasn't forgotten anything, he's ready to rush out.

"let's go. time to actually do something in here."

he might have called it, but he welcomes the distraction nonetheless.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,962 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2022 0:08:02 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
(REPEAT)