Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
Lost in Thought
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2022 21:05:04 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","prydeimg"]

[attr="class","header"]OCCUPIED OCEAN

[attr="class","setting"]

Its quiet in the labs tonight, it was most nights it seemed as most the staff preferred to sleep which was fair. Most enjoyed going back to the homes they've come to take within Sootopolis as apparently the idea of drowning in the sub as a thing. Only a few voices could be heard by Pryde and Lulu's more crazed staff such as Wright and a few others. [break][break]

Though another voice could be heard if you entered the office, if one were to step inside they would see Pryde laying on the couch with a drink in hand, a bottle on the coffee table as on it he was in a phone call with his wife. The two chuckling as they seemed to be catching up. [break][break]

Seemly sleeping peacefully on the floor was his Pyroar who seems to perk up as she sense someone coming close to the door.

[break][break]
[attr="class","oocnotes"]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"]milky

[newclass=.prydeimg]position:relative; --accent:#a63d6a; --bgimg:url(https://imgur.com/V7aml9U.png);[/newclass]

[newclass=.prydeimg b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg i]color:#fff; [/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; filter:saturate(110%); height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; background-color:#4e1347; background-blend-mode:lighten; [/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .header]text-align:right;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,889 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Lost in Thought
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2022 21:40:02 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Day and night mean little to Rocket's underboss; he sleeps when he can find a few moments to breathe and spends the rest of his time working on whatever task is set in front of him. Today, that task happens to be touching base with Rocket's science department to ensure they were getting whatever they might need in pursuit of their goals.

Of course, it being the middle of the night, they're probably asleep.

It doesn't stop Gavin from checking in, surprised to find still up and in his office. The underboss hesitates only briefly on the threshold, noting the phone, before he hears the familiar voice of the scientist's wife and cracks a smile.

"Hello, you two. Hope I'm not interrupting some midnight tryst."

Where Pryde has his signature Pyroar for company, Gavin is shadowed by Pryde's own Riolu, Subject G. The TIMID creature seems to shy away from the lion's interest, shifting behind Gavin who doesn't seem to notice.

close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
Lost in Thought
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2022 19:31:10 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","header"]Get in Sygna

[attr="class","setting"]

Both stop talking as another voice is heard. Pryde looks up and raises his glass in welcome, "Well don't just wave your glass turn the camera dickwad," Gavin should be no stranger to her oh so colorful language seeing as the man has met her enough. Which was funny seeing as most who knew the man well enough knew that he doesn't usually care for those that cussed too much. Always described them as too mentally handicapped to use real words to express themselves properly, and then there was his wife. [break][break]

He does turn the web came and on the holo projector of his wife, and Akela smile widens in recognition, "Well if it ain't Gavie-wavie," she jokes in greeting, "You're still his boss right? You should order him to lay on the couch and let you fuck him for me," she tells her husband obviously not caring of her volume as Pryde turns the camera back onto himself.[break][break]

"Mr Merlino has been promoted to Underboss now dear"[break][break]

"Fiiiiine have him order you to lay on the couch and let him fuck you for me," she turns it around.[break][break]

Pryde just chuckles and rolls his eyes, "have a good rest of your day dear," he tells her before he shuts off the call before taking a drink as he lays back again as he raises the scotch bottle he's been drinking from, "Care for a glass?"

[break][break]

[newclass=.prydeimg]position:relative; --accent:#a63d6a; --bgimg:url(https://imgur.com/V7aml9U.png);[/newclass]

[newclass=.prydeimg .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; filter:saturate(110%); height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; background-color:#4e1347; background-blend-mode:lighten; [/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,889 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Lost in Thought
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2022 17:01:56 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin laughs, a bright and genuine sound.

"Sorry, Akela." Gavin holds up his left hand, a Luvdisc ring flashing in the low light. "I'm married, now; he doesn't like to share." Rather than disappointment, there's a warm sort of pride in his tone. He belonged to in a way he'd never thought to belong to anyone. Soulmates. "Have a lovely night."

Interest sparks as offers the Scotch.

"Don't mind if I do." He sips at his glass, savoring it before asking, "How goes your study?"

close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
Lost in Thought
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2022 19:34:21 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

"BORING!" she exclaims with a roll of her eyes when Gavin mentions that his now husband doesn't like to share. She could probably never imagine keeping with 1 for the rest of her life. Though it was clear her and her husband always agreed to anyone they brought in. [break][break]

Once the call is over Pryde gets up to poor the other a drink, all of it being done with his robotic arm as it seems he was testing something. "Fine for now I suppose, including yours I believe I have 7 of my Riolu out and still waiting their return," after he gives the drink he sits back down, "So at the moment nothing really to report about it as none have returned."[break][break]

Though as he says this seems like a pair of Riolu peek in from the door snickering at each other as one pulls at the tail of the Riolu Gavin brought in. "And how has that one been fairing?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,889 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Lost in Thought
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2022 19:52:47 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"My own progress has been hindered by Hoenn's aptitude for falling apart." It's not an apology, but it's the closest thing that Pryde will get from the underboss. Rocket came first, always. "It would be wonderful if it would stop."

Sipping at his scotch, Gavin's wry smile suggests how jaded he truly is to Hoenn's consistent tragedies. They had shocked him, once. Now they serve only to frighten in the moment, and otherwise contribute to his deadpan view of the world.

The incoming meteor is another story. He tries not to think of that.

A yelp from SUBJECT G draws his eye, and he frowns at the Riolu.

"Well? Don't stand there and take that."

Wincing at his disapproval, the Riolu COUNTERS the one who'd pulled his tail with a swift jab.

"It would fare better if it weren't so timid."

In truth, his ability to bond with the Riolu as Pryde had requested was significantly hampered by Niamh's death during Sootopolis' Darkest Day. Even looking at the poor pup made his heart twist, and thus he closed it against those softer feelings for the sake of his own psyche. He is plagued by fond memories of Niamh as a pup, of her evolution, of how proud he'd been.

close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
Lost in Thought
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2022 20:11:40 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

"Yes seems like it can't go a week without something popping from around the corner, its almost comical really," he chuckles probably finding it a bit more humorous than he should. Normally he'd hide his amusement better but the scotch is getting to him and his filters are loosened for once. "Though I don't care for how long you might take as I know the Riolu I gave you can be problematic"[break][break]

It seeming to have needed the order to defend itself was proof of that. Though the purple hue Riolu steps back to avoid the counter before it headbutts the other with a smirk and chuckle before both Riolu seem to go over toward the Pyroar to get behind. The one who attack blowing a raspberry at the inferior one. [break][break]

Pryde just gives a humm in response of it's timid nature, "Yes though I figured if anyone would be able to help it with that it would be you given your own transformation and how you handled a certain someone," he rather not give a name but he figures the other knows who he speaks of. The older man downing his current shot rather than sipping like he was before.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,889 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Lost in Thought
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2022 15:29:39 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"Mm. I found it funnier before it nearly killed my husband."

Though the words themselves could be perceived as sharp, there is no heat nor anger in Gavin's tone. It hadn't been to turn the underbosses Glaceon against his partner. It was Hoenn. It was always Hoenn.

He takes a stiff sip of his scotch.

"Fear can be taught. Confidence is not so easy." He had learned, through Rocket, how easy it was to strip someone of their dignity and worth. He had learned through himself how difficult it was to take that confidence back. "You have to want to change."

It was a shame about ; Gavin knows of whom Pryde speaks, but doesn't force elaboration. It was a difficult subject for them both.

"It has been improving in small ways, at least."

close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
Lost in Thought
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2022 12:14:06 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

"Partners get hurt, its on occupational expectation, shouldn't let it hinder you," he comments about the other's husband in a way as if speaking from experience rather than his actual reason for saying it. [break][break]

He takes a sip, "Then motivation is require is all, besides that quiet ones are usually ones you should be weary of at times, push too hard and he could burst," Pryde continues, for once using an actual pronoun rather than 'it.' And with someone like Gavin may have picked up on his habit could possibly piece he might not be talking about the Riolu itself. That or perhaps it was just a slip from the amount of alcohol now in his head. [break][break]

Seeing how the other Riolu didn't try anything it seems like it would try again to pick on the inferior riolu as it could go up to it to try and knock it down.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,889 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Lost in Thought
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2022 19:20:04 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Once, Gavin wouldn't dream of challenging . Now, Rocket's underboss narrows his fierce golden gaze and fixes the head scientist with a glare.

"I'll remember your sympathies should something happen to Akela." Though the words are barbed and as sharp as his stare, there is no threat behind them. They are from Kanto, where a slight may endanger one's entire family, but they are in Hoenn, where such barbaric practices are slowly being set aside. "There is a difference between injury and death." There had been a time in Rocket's medical wing where Gavin wasn't sure if his partner would wake up. If he'd ever get a chance to say goodbye.

Emotion closes his throat, even now, but he stubbornly swallows around it. He will show Pryde no further hint of his weakness, even if the scientist hints at his own in a brief slip of the tongue.

He whistles, sharp, and Subject G FEINTS before striking out with a FORCE PALM.

close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
Lost in Thought
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2022 20:23:01 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

"Something did happen to Akela, its why Asriel went home, yet you didn't see me running back did you?" clearly he failed both his children when it came to proper detachment. Or perhaps something in his brain has long since been broken that hindered his ability to attain such connections. "You wouldn't let such things hinder you back in Kanto, so you shouldn't let them hinder you here," is the advice the drunk man gives, ignoring the glare from the other man as he didn't get this far in Rocket to be so easily intimidated under normal circumstances. [break][break]

Now with alcohol on the brain? Much more so. [break][break]

The Shadow Riolu is struck and knocked back from the FORCE PALM. The Riolu smiling as from it's mouth a SHADOWY MIST would come out though before it could get out of hand Pryde snaps his hand and the Riolu looks annoyed as it looks toward its master then back at the Riolu. Seemingly contemplating it's choices and for a moment it seemed to want to choose battle over following orders before it would still go in for a strike with a ROCK SMASH. [break][break]

How annoying...

[break][break]

+
[break]+ Mission Get in Sygna

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,889 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Lost in Thought
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2022 22:18:53 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Something snaps.

"That's called torture. Brainwashing. Do you think it was a switch I chose to flip?" His laugh is sharp, something dangerous in his eyes. Something of Kanto that remained. "If my love for my husband is considered a hindrance, I'll hear it from Declan Walsh. Not from you, Pryde."

Even Walsh might struggle to douse his fire, now. It has been left unchecked, the chains of conditioning gone to rust. Miasma pulls tight around him, an eerie shroud. He will take no man's admonishment over the love he had for , for and , for anyone he chose to cherish. Let them dare try to stand in my way.

Feeling the shift in its current master's aura, Subject G growls. The ordinarily timid Riolu lashes out, COPYING the attempted ROCK SMASH and lunging for the throat of the one who'd attacked.

"Enough." Gavin whistles, and the Riolu comes to his side.

close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
Lost in Thought
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2022 20:12:46 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

Ooooooo seems like he got the underboss angey, he sips his drink, oh well it didn't matter. [break][break]

Nothing mattered, hasn't so for a long time. [break][break]

"Apples and Oranges Merlino," is all he comments as he swirls his drink. Its clear nothing he say will calm the other so he doesn't go deeper than that. Their views clearly different about past matters being 'torture' or 'brainwashing' verses an inevitability of life. "Then don't, you're underboss I care not for what you do anymore," because what Gavin did was no longer his responsibility, "I'm just telling you as a man no longer young." [break][break]

He takes one more drink before he starts pouring himself more. Gamma is struck in the throat and he is knocked onto his back. It takes a minute to finally get itself up and it looks spiteful at the inferior Riolu and seems about ready to go again despite both orders before Gamma 2 steps in and knocks the other into the Pyroar. The lioness then putting her paw on the child to stop it from doing more. Gamma 2 just scoffs at it's brother before it moves over to its master. [break][break]

Whether it be the alcohol, or an actual proud moment, Pryde actually pats it on the head to ensure Gamma 1 actually stopped.

[break][break]

+
[break]+ Mission Get in Sygna

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,889 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Lost in Thought
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2022 23:52:27 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin is proud.

The opinion of shouldn't matter to him, any longer. He was an underboss, a leader, no longer a frightened grunt seeking approval from his betters. Yet the disapproval of his former mentor settles acidic in his gut.

No, he decides, I won't let anyone shame me.

"I'd best be getting back to my work." He can feel the anger crawling under the surface of his skin. Gone are the days where he could easily suppress such base emotions. "Enjoy the rest of your night."

He leaves without another word.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,989 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Lost in Thought
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2022 1:46:12 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: