Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
AmaZing Moves [MAGMA, c]
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2022 20:01:50 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]That Fling took everything Duster had left out of him. There was no chance in hell he'd be able to wiggle his way out of this one. He squeezed his eyes shut, preparing for the inevitable. Luck (or was it Pluck? Or were both of the swords still Luck & Pluck? Arceus, this was confusing) tried to parry the blow, edge shimmering forcefully, but it was to no avail. The Shadow Ball smashed clean through his guard, knocking him into Duster and sending the two skidding to the edge of the stadium.[break][break]

When the smoke cleared, Duster was unconscious. Isaac returned him to his Pokeball, a soft smile on his face. "Way to give it your all, Duster," he said. "Luck & Pluck? How're you feeling?"[break][break]

Before he could answer, Sectonia dove towards the blade. She lifted it up, its tassel intertwining with the one already in her hand. The more healthy Doublade's tassel drooped some from the exertion, while the one that Smoke had launched across the room snapped its eye open. Much like Magneton and Dugtrio, this was one entity across multiple bodies; a blow that would've felled one Honedge instead left both Doublade weary and vulnerable.[break][break]

Sectonia and Luck & Pluck were both on their last legs. Trainer, Pokemon, and weapon alike knew this was their final chance.[break][break]

"Sectonia! Dive on in there before he can put his guard up!" Isaac called. The Vespiquen nodded, crossing the Doublade as she flew towards Smoke. Between the keening buzz of her wings and her own war cry, the Vespiquen was like a rocket of sound and fury. It was as if she was daring Smoke to meet her head on.[break][break]

That made it all the more surprising when she put the brakes on her charge. She flared out her wings and thrust out her abdomen, skidding to a halt in midair. A thick cloud of Combee shot from her abdomen, another ATTACK ORDER focused right at Smoke's face. Bug types weren't the strongest against the Gengar. In fact, they were actually one of the worst choices Sectonia could have chosen. But they were loud, and they were noisy, and they swarmed in a big, dense cloud.[break][break]

Sectonia was counting on this distraction to hide her flinging the Doublade right over Gengar's head. The twin blades glowed a bright white as they sailed past Smoke. They gathered energy for a precious second, touched their edges together, and then launched a massive STEEL BEAM right towards Smoke's back.[break][break]

It took everything they had left. The blades would clatter to the ground, eyes closed and tassels motionless. Would they find glory in their defeat, or would their sacrifice be in vain?

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
Going to hell cause it feels like heaven.
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
AmaZing Moves [MAGMA, c]
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2022 20:31:22 GMT
Alexandra Briarwood Avatar

One down, two to go. The Doublade remains in the hand of the Vespiqueen, da dangerous opponent still on the field. They both know beter than the take their eyes off the ghost. The Vespiqueen’s ATTACK ORDER is nothing more than an annoyance to the ghost. He hisses, swatting away drones as quickly as they come. It does make for a good distraction and the Gengar doesn’t notice the Doublade gain an advantage by appearing behind him.

But Lex does, and the shimmer of the STEEL BEAM is enough for her to recall the Gengar back into his pokeball before the attack can makes contact. The attack slams into nothing but the reinforced floor of the training grounds. It was made to withstand such attacks. If it was any other pokemon on the battlefield, Lex would have allowed it to play out until they were either fainted or dead. Smoke is among her best thieves and for him to experience a significant injury would force her to fall behind in her work which wasn’t worth winning a training battle.

The ‘lesson’ had quickly turned into an all-out three on one battle, which certainly made it more exciting. She turns to Isaac as she clips the pokeball back onto her belt, “Did you learn anything?” Lex was a shit teacher so she didn’t expect there be any significant revelations on his part.

+ Lex notices the Doublade sail over the Gengar and recalls the pokemon before the STEEL BEAM can do damage

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
AmaZing Moves [MAGMA, c]
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2022 1:59:57 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]And just like that, it was over.[break][break]

Sectonia squinted through the cloud of Combee, looking for an attack that would never come. It wasn't until the Steel Beam sent drones flying everywhere that she realized how empty the battlefield had become. Duster was recalled. Luck & Pluck had fainted. And Smoke was nowhere to be seen.[break][break]

Despite her injuries and fatigue, Sectonia kept her guard up. She looked all over the arena in pursuit of this Gengar. Was he hiding in her shadow for a Shadow Sneak? Lurking in the Phantom Plane for a Phantom Force? High in the sky to rain down Shadow Balls? Against a ghost type like this, nowhere was truly safe-[break][break]

"It's okay, Sectonia," Isaac said, laughing warmly at her vigilance. "You did it. You were the sole survivor this go-around." It felt weird just saying that. He expected to have the floor mopped with him, but against all odds Sectonia managed to limp across the finish line.[break][break]

The Vespiquen let out a contented buzz, then fell to the ground. Isaac recalled her before she hit the ground, calling Luck & Pluck back shortly after. "You two did amazing out there, too," Isaac said. "All of you better get some rest. Ice cream's on me after."[break][break]

With the battlefield empty and the niceties wrapped up, it was time to think on what he'd learned. "Well, Megas and Z-Moves are both terrifying. There's the big lesson," Isaac said. "I also learned that a battle's never over til the last Pokemon drops. And that the element of surprise can go a long way, but you gotta have what it takes to back that bag of tricks up. It's all a balance in the end."[break][break]

The real lesson, though, was abundantly clear. Rocket Beasts ain't nothin' to fuck with.

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,782 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
AmaZing Moves [MAGMA, c]
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2022 2:13:15 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: