saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POWER
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2022 15:31:56 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

"i have to be honest, penny. i didn't think you'd be up for this."[break][break]

it's only because he has little to no clue about her battling prowess which is really a sign in itself. he chooses not to dwell on it, understanding that this defend assignment gives him a chance to get a better read on her.[break][break]

much like he had done with , their assignment today is to guard a shipment of supplies.[break][break]

"you ever done anything like this before?"

[attr="class","ooc"][break]
valor: defend![break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-blissey"]

[newclass=".sixeyes"]--accent:#5d464e; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POWER
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2022 18:19:22 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

She wasn't.
[break][break]
Interviews, banquets, sly conversation over lattes -- those were more within her expertise. Not dangerous battles against known terrorists. Alas, when you're the one leading an initiative, you have to make more than a few sacrifices of your time. No one wants to listen to the person who barks orders from the comfort of their home, anyways.
[break][break]
"Honestly? No. Not at all." She had to be upfront with the guy. Better that than have him assume she'd capable to biting off more than she could chew. "Which is why I'm glad I have the league's best here with me." She winked.  "So don't let me die."
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-Serperior "]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POWER
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2022 8:42:15 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

damn right he's the league's best. but for his own sake, he has to clarify and try to be humble as he's done on many occasions in the past.[break][break]

"there are others just as capable as me, if not more. but you're safe today."[break][break]

he nods, grinning.[break][break]

"i appreciate you being here. it's good to get your hands dirty. better to lead like this, you know?"[break][break]

rather than leading behind a desk as many did in kanto. he always thought them to be cowards.

[newclass=".sixeyes blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POWER
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2022 14:19:51 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Glad to hear."
[break][break]

She returned his nod with her own, with a matching grin tied with it.
[break][break]

"Yeah, it is." Who'd want to follow an inexperience councilwoman hidden behind a shiny new desk in her shiny new office. Nobody -- and that was exactly what she would've written about herself had another person stepped into this position instead.
[break][break]

"I can only do so much back at HQ. And,"Her gaze lifted back up toward the high widows and the light that pooled in from them. Penelope's lips cracked into another smile. "someone's gotta do something about this Rocket situation."
[break][break]
Just as she said this, a loud scrapping sound vibrated off from the back right side of the warehouse. Turning, the councilwoman wasted no time in sending out her Serperior and Milotic. The two serpents coiled around her protectively. Eyes flicking back to Matias, she jutted out her chin toward where the sound came from.
[break][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-milotic"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POWER
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2022 8:45:15 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

someone has to, he agrees, and though he'd love for it to be him, he knows he's under close scrutiny after recent events. he's no longer suspended but it still has affected perceptions. it's why he doesn't jump right into action this time.[break][break]

instead, he shows RESTRAINT, a trait he only recently learned, and waits.[break][break]

perhaps much to her surprise, he suggests:[break][break]

"we'll act as your support here."[break][break]

because that's exactly what his blissey is. should things get rough, then he'll jump in.[break][break]

"i trust you'll be able to restrain them."

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POWER
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2022 17:08:50 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

?[break]
?[break]
?[break]
[break][break]
If he hadn't been an elite four member, she might've flat-out questioned this decision. Was he trying to test her? Was this another one of those shitty games of 'proving one's worth? Alas, despite the bitter taste that now bit her tongue, she kept herself in check and just nodded in response.
[break][break]
Because she needed him. Even if he was just suspended.
[break][break]
Turning back toward the sound, Penelope began to slowly inched her way up to the corner of a large supply crate. From there, she'd press her back against its wooden exterior, hand already reaching down into her pocket for one last Pokémon: Delphox. The vixen immediately took up the slot of space beside her, knowing exactly what needed to be done. Magenta fire sparked in her eyes as she used PSYCHIC to read for other auras within the room. It was hard to pinpoint exactly where they were, but at the very least, she'd be able to detect if they were THERE.
[break][break]
After another second, she'd look back at her trainer, nodding.
[break][break]
Just as she did, footsteps began to audibly make their way toward their position, cautious. That, plus Delphox's confirmation was all she needed. "Future Sight," She whispered to her Pokémon, who'd offer another nod before spitting out two balls of flames into portals. All while she'd turn to her two serpents, directing one to use GROWTH for preparation, while the other could prepare to use COIL on unsuspecting Pokémon or grunts.

[break][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-delphox"][attr="class","pkspr pkmn-milotic"][attr="class","pkspr pkmn-serperior"]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POWER
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2022 17:12:50 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

despite their main goal of defending their shipment, they do exactly what matias wants and head on the offense, taking the fight straight to them instead of sitting around and waiting to be attacked. this proactive approach is how he knows he'll get along with the new councilwoman in the future.[break][break]

he waits behind another large supply crate, peering out of the corner to watch (supervise).[break][break]

this might be dangerous but it's nothing they shouldn't be able to handle. he's ready to intervene should he need to as well.[break][break]

finally, the unsuspecting rocket steps into the frame only to potentially fall victim to the two serpents.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POWER
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2022 14:36:47 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Two innocent steps later, a grueling cry could be heard echoing out from the unsuspecting man as Miltoic's slick, muscular body WRAPPED around his chest, down to his ankles, completely immobilizing him. Serperior, who had now grown in sheer size alone, took the opportunity to extend the end of its now ginormous tail, take over the Milotic's wrapping, rendering the grunt helpless while the water type was able to release himself from the rocket and move onto to the next one. Penelope, who kept next to her Delphox, urged them to fully move around the corner.
[break][break]
When they did, they were immediately greeted with the sight of 4 more grunts, a busted down wall, and an opened cargo truck parked outside the warehouse's new gaping hole. Several large fighting, rock, and steel types were also out in-between the men, most likely ready to help assist with the heavy lifting.
[break][break]
"Ah, shit," The woman cursed. 4 to one; could she even make it without Matias jumping in? Maybe. Maybe not.
[break][break]
The group of scrawny men stared back at her, narrowed eye and tight lipped, and their Pokémon growled brutishly. It was like a scene ripped straight out of a mafia movie. A chill of fright crawled up her legs as her breathing quickened in its pace. "Del," she croaked out, eyes flicking back to her psychic type. This was fine -- she was fine. She would just have to keep telling herself that. "Do it."
[break][break]
The vixen's wand stroked downward, and with it, two balls of blue flames burst out from portals overhead, directly knocking into 2/4 of the unsuspecting grunts. To this, several of their Pokémon began to take charge toward them, to which Penelope directed her Milotic to push them back with a strong HYRDRO PUMP. One by one, the spear of water pelted the group back into the cargo truck, or against the walls of the facility. It would've been a stellar victory, had not a few of their Pokémon dodged it through one way or another, and were looking to immediately retaliate with moves of their own.

[break][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-milotic"]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POWER
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2022 9:44:52 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

"well, you definitely fight like they do."[break][break]

which isn't a bad thing but it certainly is interesting. not too long ago it had been unheard of for humans to command their pokemon to attack other humans. it had been an unspoken rule, once sacred only to have been broken by rocket.[break][break]

and now? it almost seems commonplace.[break][break]

the golem and machamp that break through are immediately met with virizion's SMART STRIKE. the legendary appears out of the blue (green?), defending them only for blissey to throw a COPYCATTED BRICK BREAK at the golem.[break][break]

with only two of the grunts remaining, they quickly scramble as they attempt to flee.

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-blissey"][attr="class","pkspr pkmn-virizion"]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POWER
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2022 1:08:12 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"well, you definitely fight like they do."
[break][break]
The comment, while harmless, struck a serious nerve.
[break][break]
Hunched forward, she bit down on her tongue. It took every lick of willpower to keep herself from twisting back around, defensive in every sense of the word. Her? Like them? It nearly drove her red.
[break][break]
But alas, she kept her mouth sewn shut, and after a second of breathing exercises from behind the crate, she'd return, brazen smile now complimenting her features.
[break][break]
"Not too bad, eh?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POWER
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2022 8:07:24 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

"not bad for a councilman."[break][break]

the jab is meant to be harmless as those on the council are actually really capable and proficient trainers. his brother is arguably one of the strongest in hoenn. so to join the likes of them would be an honor for most.[break][break]

virizion rounds up the fleeing grunts, herding them back into a corner.[break][break]

"i got it from here."[break][break]

he steps out from behind the crate to start making arrests, handcuffs at the ready.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POWER
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2022 15:03:09 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Tch." The light jab was met with a quick eyeroll and short, nostril-filed laugh. What a dick.
[break][break]
At least he knew his shit. Without being prompted to, the man was already moving toward to the leftover grunts, cuffs glimmering in his hands. She was glad he thought to bring some means of detainment, as it'd make transporting them back to the local officials much easier for both of them.
[break][break]
A soft sigh followed the woman as she peered from around the crate to watch.
[break][break]
"Need anything else before I go, then?"
[break][break]
It was getting late and there were still some documents she ought to skim through.
[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POWER
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2022 10:50:58 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

tch? this woman really stole his line.[break][break]

"tch."[break][break]

as he finishes snapping handcuffs on, he leaves the rest for his blissey to round up. the healer dances around, clapping its paws together to assert its authority.[break][break]

"just one thing."[break][break]

he steps away, looking back at penny.[break][break]

"who are you currently training with?"

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POWER
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2022 5:11:05 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Hm?"

[break][break]

The question caught her off guard. Training? Was that a hidden requirement for the council?

[break][break]

"No one, why?"
[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POWER
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2022 4:21:26 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

"you'll need it."[break][break]

for the many, many fights to come. if she hasn't realized that by now then maybe she should take a step back and reassess things.[break][break]

luckily, he extends an offer.[break][break]

"you can train with me, seeing how are styles are similar."