jayden cross
stolen cabbages . [m]
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2022 3:26:53 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]
[attr="class","littlejay"]

"you don't have to be. it happened a year ago."

[break][break] his own feelings towards his parents' passing were hopelessly complex. the last thing that he wanted was to burden someone else with them.

[break][break] it's why he didn't say much on the topic — he didn't know what else there was to say.

[break][break] but has a way of clearing the air by doing absolutely nothing. the coyness in his smile is a relief, even in the smallest of ways, and he can't help but want to play along. "then i would have to tell you that you are too."

[break][break] it was - after all - only polite.

[break][break] jayden is still standing when the other hands him - not his mug - but a small piece of paper from their wallet. he finishes setting down the coasters before reaching for the edges. 'a photograph?' he thinks, undeniable curiosity filling his eyes as he views the people in the picture. undeniably —

[break][break] "adorable," he murmurs under his breath, unaware that he's speaking his thoughts outloud. the picture he is looking at is of course undeniably , in the same way his own photograph was undeniably him. the blue eyes that beam so brightly back at him, the missing tooth, the carefree happiness that only a child can display.

[break][break] it makes his own childhood feel hopelessly pale in comparison.

[break][break] "stow-on-side," he repeats, unable to get over the simple serendipity of the moment. after all, it's not a common thing for him to meet someone from galar, let alone someone so close to his home. after a moment, he hands the photograph back to fern - though almost a bit reluctantly. finally he finds a seat behind the other, cushion creaking softly under his weight. the steam billows in his face as he takes a sip of the tea once, before setting it back onto the coaster. "you two seem close," jayden observes. "is he in hoenn now too?"

[attr="class","ooc"]

[newclass=".littlejay"]--accent:#955adf; } .littlejay { font:12px 'Roboto'; letter-spacing:.5px; border-radius:0px; padding:40px 50px 50px; border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px; } .littlejay b { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; } .littlejay i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .littlejay u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:0.5px; } .littlejay .ooc { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px; } .littlejay .ooc a { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:lowercase;} .littlejay img { filter:grayscale(0%); [/newclass]
[newclass=".jaytop"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323; border-radius:5px; } .jaytop img { filter:grayscale(90%); padding-top:20px; transition:0.2s all; } .jaytop img:hover {filter:grayscale(0%); transition:0.2s all;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

harper beck
they/he
twenty-eight
august 11
stow-on-side, galar
pansexual
forger
rocket admin
in any universe
you are my dark star
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
long black tulips, born in your blue tints. lemongrass eyelids, smoke in your slick lips.
awards
977 posts
fern delaney DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @fern
fern delaney
stolen cabbages . [m]
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2022 5:16:10 GMT
fern delaney Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fern"]

Fern lifts a shoulder in slight shrug. “Even so. It’s still not easy.” They can understand that. No matter how much peace is made with it, or how removed someone makes themself from a loss.[break][break]

Grief is funny like that.[break][break]

Still, they’re content to let the topic of conversation drift away from heavier areas, not wishing to dwell in areas that might make the thick tension from earlier whip up again.[break][break]

What Fern is not expecting, though, are the playful words that shoots back. His smile stretches wider, brows waggling. “Oh, you would have to, hm?” Their head tilts, nose wrinkling as their tongue pokes out just so from between their teeth. “Well if that’s the case, then yes. I certainly was saying so.”[break][break]

It’s nice, isn’t it? There’s something strangely satisfying about coaxing this sort of teasing playfulness out of the other. Even more so when they hand over the picture and the word slips out. For a moment, Fern considers making a comment on it when it was clearly an unbidden remark, but they bite their tongue on it.[break][break]

It feels like something worth squirreling away to ponder later, at least. The way it makes soft heat rise in their face, and makes their mind tinge with warm, fuzzy static. They like sharing these things. They’re so good at presenting an idea of themself, but they don’t even think twice about the honesty that tumbled loose.[break][break]

“Yep! How funny is that? I used to play in the tangle all the time.” Fern takes the photo back carefully to tuck it away again, and they definitely don’t use the moment to scoot a hair closer. No way…[break][break]

But it seems it’s their turn for the sink of weight to creep into the moment as they shake their head. “We are. Were? No, are. My own mam died when I was little, so kinda encouraged that closeness I figure.” Their smile twists with bittersweetness as they reach for their own mug. “But no, no. He’s still in Galar. I came alone.”
[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.fern]font:11px roboto;--accent:#96bcd6;[/newclass]

[newclass=.fern b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.fern i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.fern a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.fern .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.fern .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.fern .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.fern .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.fern .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.fern]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.fern .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
we'll never get free, lamb to the slaughter
awards
4,151 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
stolen cabbages . [m]
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2022 6:52:17 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]

they were speaking of hypotheticals, dancing around each other in metaphors and what-ifs. it's only when fern pokes his tongue at him, a challenging glint to his eyes, that the reality comes crashing down.

[break][break] a flush colors up his neck, before he acquiesces.

[break][break] "... you are cute, too."

[break][break] jayden coughs, glad to have the convo over with. he's sure that it's only a grace on that he doesn't push the topic; instead they talk about the story of their childhoods, of galar and it's mysteries.

[break][break] when he hands the photograph back, he can still see the glimmer of a young 's bright blue gaze - like a glittering sea - and he feels something in his heart warm at the sight.

[break][break] his smile is soft when he looks at them. "the tangle is beautiful, isn't it?" much of his childhood memories had been spent inside of it, hiding from the demons and ghosts of his own life. the fondness that fills his voice then is unmistakable.

[break][break] silence passes between them adequately, as jayden reaches for his own mug and sips his own tea in companionship. the sound of a washing machine churns in the distance. "why did you come to hoenn?" his head tilts then, towards him. "was it recent?"

[attr="class","ooc"]

[newclass=".littlejay"]--accent:#955adf; } .littlejay { font:12px 'Roboto'; letter-spacing:.5px; border-radius:0px; padding:40px 50px 50px; border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px; } .littlejay b { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; } .littlejay i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .littlejay u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:0.5px; } .littlejay .ooc { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px; } .littlejay .ooc a { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:lowercase;} .littlejay img { filter:grayscale(0%); [/newclass]
[newclass=".jaytop"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323; border-radius:5px; } .jaytop img { filter:grayscale(90%); padding-top:20px; transition:0.2s all; } .jaytop img:hover {filter:grayscale(0%); transition:0.2s all;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

harper beck
they/he
twenty-eight
august 11
stow-on-side, galar
pansexual
forger
rocket admin
in any universe
you are my dark star
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
long black tulips, born in your blue tints. lemongrass eyelids, smoke in your slick lips.
awards
977 posts
fern delaney DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @fern
fern delaney
stolen cabbages . [m]
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2022 16:16:09 GMT
fern delaney Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fern"]

There’s that bloom of color again. It brightens up the violet of his eyes, Fern thinks. Pulls tones to it that might normally remain stormy dark. “Sweet of you to humor my ego,” they tease, leaving it there. has earned the reprieve.[break][break]

And in any case, it stirs up nostalgia to speak of Galar. The topic is one that Fern avoids, if only because they know it strikes a chord of loneliness they prefer to avoid. “It is,” they answer, unable to curb the wistful sigh that follows. Or what the softness in the other’s smile prompts. “There’s no place like it.”[break][break]

He doesn’t typically do all that well with quiet. The quiet leaves room for doubt to creep in. Questioning as to whether or not they did the proper thing in leaving. And Fern doesn’t care to second guess his actions. He’s much more comfortable with noise and movement. Even when he’s alone, he’s typically chattering to himself or his companion pokemon. Anything to keep the weight of noiseless void from settling over him.[break][break]

But the silence that temporarily envelops the two of them isn’t so bad. Why is that? It’s strange to consider that the simple presence is enough to soothe the agitated edges of his restlessness. He appreciates it, though, as he sips from his mug and shifts just enough to allow their knee to nudge against ’s. No more, no less.[break][break]

Their smile turns wan as they turn their focus back to his companion, “Curious, are you? That’s a simple question with complicated answers.” Or not really, when they strip away the fanfare and the tall tales they typically drape his flight in. What it boils down to is- “I got myself in trouble a few years ago. That’s all.”[break][break]

It’s not like Fern to be succinct. But divulging the fact that they are actually a petty criminal to Michail feels…well. It’s uncomfortable to suddenly feel a flutter of shame for something they’ve always openly owned. All because of a man they’ve met at the marketplace and have apparently taken more of a shine to than they initially thought.

[break][break]

[newclass=.fern .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.fern .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.fern .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.fern .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.fern .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
we'll never get free, lamb to the slaughter
awards
4,151 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
stolen cabbages . [m]
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2022 4:30:30 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]

"it is one of my favorite," he agrees. "in all of galar, and in all of hoenn."

[break][break] jayden is not much of a traveler, despite having been to several regions. most of his travels have been work-related, including the time spent in both kanto and hoenn. the fondness in his voice is immeasurable, something so full of feeling that even his typical nonchalance cannot mask it.

[break][break] such a strange thing that he would find kinship with someone he barely knew.

[break][break] . what an enigma they were. truly.

[break][break] for one reason or another, they settle into silence. unlike his grocery store friend, he is more than accustomed to the silence. in fact, he invites it. loud sounds and crowded spaces are not his thing — the quite rumble of a washing machine in the distance, birds chirping over the sootopolis bay. that is much more his speed.

[break][break] nudges a knee against his own.

[break][break] jayden allows it.

[break][break] his curiosity peaks as the other pulls back the pages of their history, speaking about the reason they left galar. it is like pulling open a sleeve of a book, only to find the pages inside empty.

[break][break] "i would listen," he says softly.

[break][break] perhaps there is a moment - a moment in which he may something else - but there is the ding of the washer again and a collection of bright sounds that fill the room. "one moment." he excuses himself at that point then to return to the laundry room. "stay here and relax. i'll be back in a moment."

[break][break] the moment — it seemed to have passed.

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

lou

harper beck
they/he
twenty-eight
august 11
stow-on-side, galar
pansexual
forger
rocket admin
in any universe
you are my dark star
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
awards
977 posts
fern delaney DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @fern
fern delaney
stolen cabbages . [m]
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2022 6:31:40 GMT
fern delaney Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","fern"]

“Mine too.” He feels a bit melancholic as he admits it, but the company feels good for it. “I miss it quite often.” In fact, Fern feels homesick far more often than he cares to admit. How funny that he’s found a tiny piece of Galar just down the street at the grocery store.[break][break]

It is enough that the simplicity of the gesture is not spurned. doesn't flinch from them this time and it feels like a little victory to have earned it.[break][break]

“Is that so?” they respond, quietly musing. The smile returns, softer than before as they stare down at their mug. And then they think maybe, maybe…they are capable of freely sharing.[break][break]

Fern is aware of the way breath snags and flutters in their throat at the idea. A pulse of nervous adrenaline that spikes over telling the truth of it. Their mistakes, which they’re not keen to admit. But there’s something in the stormy indigo of ’s eyes that snags them when they chance a peek back—sidelong and half obscured by their hair.[break][break]

Reaching forward, he sets the mug down and lets his fingers twist together. The buzz of touch still hums between their knees and Fern’s mouth opens—to tell all, they’re not sure. Because then the washer is chiming and the bubble pops. Shattering into fractal pieces.[break][break]

They laugh, raising a shoulder. “For another day, then. I’ll hold you to that.” Fern looks up at him as he moves to return to the laundry room, and that elusive air to their grin is back—painted neatly in place.[break][break]

Somehow, they mean it.

[break][break]

+ | mission | monkë…

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,988 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
stolen cabbages . [m]
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2022 4:05:35 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: