Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
a shadow cast
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2022 7:40:07 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","greyson"]
the attack on sootopolis had an effect that lingered well-past that one night. the most logistically nightmarish was the displacement.
[break][break]
people fled the city, scared to return to their homes. news of necrozma in other regions didn't quell those instincts, either. between the herald of death, and the fighting between league and rocket, more than one person had lost their home.
[break][break]
thus, his presence here. a soup kitchen; a place to feed those who couldn't feed themselves. it was gratifying work, and made him all the more thankful that he was there that day. personal losses aside.
[break][break]
"hey, could you pass me that spoon?" he says to the woman next to him, a small smile that could only be described as polite, on his lips.

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","wizzcredit"]

[newclass=".greyson"] --accent:#7c98b2; [/newclass]

[newclass=".greyson"]margin:0 auto;width:470px;line-height:15px;margin-top:-20px;margin-bottom:50px; font-size:12px;letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".greyson blockquote b"] color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; } .greyson blockquote i { color:var(--accent); } .greyson blockquote u { letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted; [/newclass]
[newclass=".greyson .wizzcredit"]float:right;margin-top:25px;margin-right:-40px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:5px;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;padding:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".greyson .notes"] margin:25px 30px -15px 30px; text-align:center; padding-top:10px; border-top:1px solid #222; font:11px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Tali, Celes
She/Her
January 21
Ecruteak City, Johto
Bisexual
Dancer/Musician
Cadet
Know stars guide you through the darkest night.
awards
126 posts
Talia Celes DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @talia
Talia Celes
a shadow cast
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2022 15:36:20 GMT
Talia Celes Avatar
i'll chase the light of that distant star
Being on this side of refugee work felt different.

Talia smiled at the displaced as she ladled out soup, but there was something strained in the gesture; her cheer was performative, despite her empathy being genuine in its entirety. The way the women and children looked at her was haunted, having fled Sootopolis before the worst took hold.

She'd seen that numb look on her own face, too many times, too many mornings after fleeing to Hoenn.

"Of course," Talia replied to her companion belatedly, blinking as she handed the spoon over. She glanced up at him for a moment, hesitating.

She didn't know , except by reputation. Gym leaders that had lasted as long as him were few and far between in the region; she'd not met many, really.

The expression on his face was polite, but the distance in his gaze felt familiar. And without thinking, she spoke up and gave name to it.

"Were you in Sootopolis?" Talia had only dared to ask it in a hushed whisper, and only once their queue had thinned to the point that private conversation could be possible. "I'm sorry to ask, I just... It's horrible, looking at this now. I can't imagine how awful it was to witness, in the moment."

She regretted the words almost the instant she spoke them aloud, but couldn't seem to stop herself from voicing her thoughts. The sheer tragedy of the situation was overwhelming.

● Helping Hand ●
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
a shadow cast
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2022 18:18:57 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","greyson"]
spoon in hand, he begins to mix one new containers. they were going through food quickly, he couldn't help but notice.
[break][break]
to her question, he nods, taking a scoop of macaroni and placing it onto middle aged mans tray. as he passes, he turns slightly in talia's direction.
[break][break]
"i was, yeah," he follows it with a small smile, so small it could barely be called one at all. "it was terrifying," he admits, voice somber in recall, "but we made it through, and these people will make it through this."
[break][break]
was that mantra for her sake, or for his?
[break][break]
"greyson, by the way," he introduces, "i'd shake your hand, but, uh," he holds up the gloved appendage covered in food, chuckling slightly.

[attr="class","notes"] [break]valor: helping hand

[newclass=".greyson"]margin:0 auto;width:470px;line-height:15px;margin-top:-20px;margin-bottom:50px; font-size:12px;letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".greyson blockquote b"] color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; } .greyson blockquote i { color:var(--accent); } .greyson blockquote u { letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted; [/newclass]
[newclass=".greyson .wizzcredit"]float:right;margin-top:25px;margin-right:-40px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:5px;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;padding:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".greyson .notes"] margin:25px 30px -15px 30px; text-align:center; padding-top:10px; border-top:1px solid #222; font:11px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Tali, Celes
She/Her
January 21
Ecruteak City, Johto
Bisexual
Dancer/Musician
Cadet
awards
126 posts
Talia Celes DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @talia
Talia Celes
a shadow cast
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2022 2:25:37 GMT
Talia Celes Avatar
Self-consciously, Talia tucked a strand of her silvery-blue hair behind her ear as she listened, relieved that her question hadn't upset or offended him.

"Resilience is an incredible thing," she agreed, nodding.

All anyone had to do to notice that was look at the people across from them both, seated at their tables, talking. They had nothing, but appreciated everything.

"In moments like this I am reminded of what people can endure, and overcome. There is some hope in that, if nothing else."

The way warmth imbued each word conveyed Talia's sincerity; her idealism and optimism had somehow remained intact, no matter the aftermath of war and violence that she had witnessed, time and again.

The blue-haired Ranger turned to the dirty trays piled beside them as the requests for soup began to slow, stacking them one after another. As Greyson indicated his gloved hand, she grinned sheepishly, revealing the grime on her own.

"Talia," she introduced herself. "Talia Celes, Cadet in the Slateport Rangers. Nice to meet you, Greyson."

She mimed a handshake in mid-air, then promptly laughed and looked away, as if embarrassed at her own sense of humor.

● Helping Hand ●
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
a shadow cast
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2022 5:05:01 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","greyson"]
"there is hope, yeah." it brings solemn thoughts, despite his intentions. it reflects in the way his crestfallen gaze, but, it lasts only a moment. he's instead brought back at her attempt at humor — it works, for what it was worth.
[break]it was worth.
[break]
he laughs along with her, moving to consolidate his dirty pans with hers. once complete, he'd begin taking the group to the large sink in the back.
it was worth.
[break]it was worth.
[break]
"cadet, huh?" he didn't recognize the group, but then again, he didn't really follow the inner workings of the rangers. "how long have you been a ranger?"

[attr="class","notes"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Tali, Celes
She/Her
January 21
Ecruteak City, Johto
Bisexual
Dancer/Musician
Cadet
awards
126 posts
Talia Celes DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @talia
Talia Celes
a shadow cast
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2022 5:37:54 GMT
Talia Celes Avatar
Talia brightened with his change in mood, secretly delighted to have succeeded in pushing away the dark clouds that hovered over their encounter, at least a little bit.

"About six months now, I think?" she answered, thinking for a moment as she busied herself with cleaning a particularly difficult pot. Bubbles foamed on her hands, which were beginning to redden and turn raw with the friction of scrubbing the stubborn stain out. "So I'm fairly green, all things considered."

Their task passed quickly the more they talked, she noticed. was not a particularly difficult person to talk to, and she appreciated that.

Not every mission partner was that way, in her experience.

"Usually I conduct search-and-rescue missions on the coastline," she admitted. "Things like this are... new."

As a Ranger, at least. Not as a civilian.

"How about you? Gym Leader, huh?"

● Helping Hand ●
MADE BY MIZO
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights