Scarlet

Tali, Celes
She/Her
January 21
Ecruteak City, Johto
Bisexual
Dancer/Musician
Cadet
Know stars guide you through the darkest night.
awards
126 posts
Talia Celes DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @talia
Talia Celes
Nestled Hearts
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2022 17:35:30 GMT
Talia Celes Avatar
i'll chase the light of that distant star
The distortions had caused their own havoc on the region, tearing apart the environment with an inexplicable chaos that put even nature itself to shame.

The Rangers had their work more than cut out for them.

Branches were strewn all over the route's paths, some causing a blockage in the nearby rivers, while others sat at the base of trees stripped naked well before the winter months. Talia gingerly approached one such tree, kneeling, as her Swablu hovered at eye-level.

"Oh," she said with a soft gasp, pity audible in that single syllable. "You poor little things."

A hand gingerly pulled aside a twig to reveal an abandoned nest of Rookidees, chirping in a low warble for a mother that seemed unable or unwilling to hear their cries. Whatever had served as the nest's foundation had more than cracked and broken, resulting in nothing more than a thicket of loosely tangled leaves and moss.

"There's an abandoned nest here," Talia called, looking up. A helplessness overtook her at the unexpected nature of the discovery, which carried into her voice as she sought a more experienced face to guide her. "I... That is, what should we do?"

● Heal Bell ●
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Nestled Hearts
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2022 21:52:25 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 The Distortions have proved devastating and fascinating all at the same time. Her research into them never seemed to end but she was finally collecting enough data to be able to analyze it. However, what remained after a distortion was always heartbreaking. The pokemon and energies that appears within them were not kind.

“You found a what?” she asked, trotting over to peer over Talia’s should. In a very similar, pitiful tone, Eva cooed over the chicks, “Awww poor little guys,” Her emerald gaze observed from a distance, “Do any of them look hurt?” Naturally, the doctor always looked for injuries first. That would dictate which direction this would go.

HEAL BELL

[attr="class","milkcredit"]MILKY
[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Tali, Celes
She/Her
January 21
Ecruteak City, Johto
Bisexual
Dancer/Musician
Cadet
awards
126 posts
Talia Celes DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @talia
Talia Celes
Nestled Hearts
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2022 22:29:28 GMT
Talia Celes Avatar
The presence of the blonde woman behind her steadied Talia; it made her feel like someone else had answers, even if she didn't.

"Um, I don't think so?" Talia managed, making room so that could join her if she wanted a close look. "They just seem hungry, I think." She paused. "And a little scared."

Her Swablu fluttered in close to calm them with a sweet, crooning song. It was then that one of the Rookidees let out a plaintive sound in reply, and Talia's eyes widened.

"Ah! That one, the tiny one in the back... I think its wing is hurt?"

● Heal Bell ●
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Nestled Hearts
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2022 20:15:00 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 After a quick scan of the chicks, Eva steps back to get a better survey of the area. There are many downs trees, likely the one closest was the home of this nest. Unfortunately, she doesn’t see any parents around just yet. Hopefully, they didn’t fall victim to some of the dangerous pokemon that appear during the distortions.

“Oh? Really?” she steps closer again to inspect the Rookidee in question. “It does seem to be holding its wing kind of funny, huh?” With the other Rookiedee calm from the Swablu’s peaceful song, Eva shifts around Talia to scoop up the pokemon into her arms. The doctor Extends each wing and gently feel the bones. There’s a small amount of blood on her fingers when she’s finished. She examines the underside of one of the wing and finds a cut there, likely from a sharp branch.

“Oh! That’s not bad. I think just a little potion will help. If you reach into the side pocket of my pack over by the stump, there should be some,” her head motions towards the dark green medic pack leaning against the stump. Heal the Rookidee, rebuild the nest, and voila! Pokemon saved!

HEAL BELL

[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Tali, Celes
She/Her
January 21
Ecruteak City, Johto
Bisexual
Dancer/Musician
Cadet
awards
126 posts
Talia Celes DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @talia
Talia Celes
Nestled Hearts
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2022 23:27:19 GMT
Talia Celes Avatar
Talia watched the doctor work with open fascination, her own topaz eyes glittering with interest. "You know a lot about Pokémon, don't you?" she murmured without thinking, her admiration for the gentle way that the doctor assessed the bird unmistakable.

She responded swiftly to the request, darting away to the indicated stump and rifling politely through 's things for the requested potion. She didn't like to snoop, and was afraid if she took too long, it might seem like she had.

With great relief, Talia retrieved the bottle quickly and ran back over to hand it off, her smile bright. "We're lucky you came prepared."

Her own bag had less useful things: snacks, band aids, a water bottle... She'd not exactly considered bringing a proper first aid kit.

● Heal Bell ●
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Nestled Hearts
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2022 4:26:44 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 It’s refreshing to see the genuine interest in her work. What’s even more refreshing, is interacting with someone who didn’t know her, or really expect anything of her. But it’s thoughts like that that make Eva feel uncomfortable, as if she’s grown too big for her britches. The small-town Kanto girl has made a name for herself. Who would have known?

She might know a little bit, “Yeah, you could say that,” she laughs lightly as Talia goes to retrieve the Potion. It shouldn’t be too hard to find. The medic pack is well organized – just how she likes it. That way, she knows where everything is in the blink of an eye! Sometimes, just from touch alone if she couldn’t spare a glance.

“You’re gonna heal, I’m gonna hold,” Eva gently spread the wing so Talia can see to cut and spray the potion.

HEAL BELL

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Tali, Celes
She/Her
January 21
Ecruteak City, Johto
Bisexual
Dancer/Musician
Cadet
awards
126 posts
Talia Celes DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @talia
Talia Celes
Nestled Hearts
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2022 0:32:00 GMT
Talia Celes Avatar
Talia was not at all familiar with the upper echelons of the League, its scientific research facilities, or really anything other than the basic outline of the Ranger offices. Some Gym Leaders, here and there, and maybe a politician's name could be recalled from the news, like .

There was nothing in her though that knew for the celebrated mind of Hoenn that she was.

Without knowing any of this, however, Talia still trusted her implicitly. It was hard not to, given the gentle way that the blonde treated the fallen Rookidees and the authoritative way that she outlined what to do next. The blue-haired Ranger knelt beside the doctor, Potion in hand, and exhaled as she attempted to shake herself of her nerves.

"Hold still," Talia whispered to the tiny bird, her own hands fighting to follow the same advice as she sprayed the bottle. One, two, three spritzes later, the wing began to stabilize and heal before her very eyes. "Ah! It works so quickly!" she exclaimed to the other woman, her surprise almost childlike in its wonder.

● Heal Bell ●
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Nestled Hearts
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2022 4:29:11 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Eva can’t help but let a light laugh escape her at the childish wonder of Talia, “They’re great for minor wounds, nothing too deep. Potions can also stabilize some bleeding,” acting like a quick clotting agent for deeper wounds but they weren’t strong enough to heal them, “Always smart to have a few on hand,” she winks at Talia, suggesting she start carrying some in her pack as a basic necessity.

Eva returns the Rookidee to its siblings and standing to look up at the nearby trees. The loud, rather hostile cry of an angry Corvisquire caught her attention. The dark-type was glaring at them with malintent.

“I think the mother had returned, let’s rebuild a nest quick before she decides we’re to blame for all this,” There’s a pretty sturdy looking tree nearby. Eva releases a Pidgeot nearby, “I think between Dolly here and your Swablu, they should have enough instinct to rebuild the nest,” she turns to the rather cheerful looking Pidgeot who coos happily as she grabs some twigs with her talons to hoist up to the top of a tree, “We’ll help by finding some sturdy pieces for the base then they can just bring em up there!” The mother would certainly have some of her own opinions and would likely redo all their hard work anyhow.

HEAL BELL

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Tali, Celes
She/Her
January 21
Ecruteak City, Johto
Bisexual
Dancer/Musician
Cadet
awards
126 posts
Talia Celes DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @talia
Talia Celes
Nestled Hearts
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2022 2:26:53 GMT
Talia Celes Avatar
Talia nodded firmly, with the enthusiasm of an eager student taking a teacher's wisdom to heart. "That sounds like a good idea!" she agreed, mentally committing the notion to memory: pick up Potions later from the PokeMart, before you forget.

The shadow of the Corvisquire fell over them, and Talia jumped slightly, startled by its sudden presence. Then, somewhat timidly, she waved hello. "Welcome back," she said, her smile returning with genuine warmth. "We've kept your little ones safe for you."

Phoebe the Swablu began to pluck pieces of twigs and leaves in her beak, while Talia likewise gathered branches in her arms. To her amusement, the fluffy wings of the Swablu shed cottony puffs of feathers to assist in the task, offering it as a way to make the nest extra cozy for the little Rookidees.

"Have you ever built a nest before?" she asked , laughing. "This is my first time."

● Heal Bell ●
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Nestled Hearts
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2022 23:36:26 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Eva scoured the ground, collecting some sturdy, larger branches for the base of the nest, something that will hold thew eight of the combined parent and chicks. The larger flying-type, Pidgeot returned to scoop some up. Fortunately, it wasn’t hard to find enough of the sturdy branches. A lot of large pieces of wood were knocked off the trees by the recent distortion.

“Umm, nope! This will be my second, I think? The last was a Pidgeot nest,” a pink Pidgeot at that. That was an interesting trip.

The Corvisquire seemed restless, flying erratically, and glaring between the several pokemon and humans surrounding its nest. It was obviously too nervous to approach being so outnumbered.

“I’m glad to see one of the parents is ok, though. I was a . . . little worried,” Eva likely didn’t need to expand on that. There were many horrible things that could have happened to the parents.

HEAL BELL

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Tali, Celes
She/Her
January 21
Ecruteak City, Johto
Bisexual
Dancer/Musician
Cadet
awards
126 posts
Talia Celes DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @talia
Talia Celes
Nestled Hearts
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2022 5:11:33 GMT
Talia Celes Avatar
"A second nest?" Talia echoed, humming pleasantly with some amusement. "Aha, this explains why you are such an expert, then!"

Their combined efforts quickly bore fruit, resulting in a rapidly growing nest of branches, moss, twigs, and downy feathers. A warm, contented pleasure radiated from Talia's smile as she turned to , indicating the repaired habitat with an excited wave of her hand.

"This is incredible," she exclaimed, turning to the restless Corvisquire as if to direct the thought to her specifically. "Don't you think so? Now you have a home again."

She, too, knew how much worse of a fate the Rookidees and their mother could have faced.

Losing her home had almost happened to her, once, during the war in Johto. And in some ways, Talia still didn't have a home to go back to.

"It feels nice, doing this part of my job as a Ranger. Seeing how things that go badly can turn out right, with a little care and attention." She turned to Eva suddenly, her eyes widening. "Oh, sweet Arceus, I'm sorry. I never told you my name, did I?"

An embarrassed laugh took hold of her as she ran a hand through her long blue hair.

"I'm Talia. It's nice to meet you, um...?"

● Heal Bell ●
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Nestled Hearts
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2022 5:59:33 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Eva would hardly call herself an expert on nest building, “Pssshhhhh I’m sure there are many Rangers who have repaired way more than two,” she ends the statement with a soft chuckle. There’s gotta be some truth behind it.

With the combined teamwork, the nest seemed repaired in a matter of minutes! With the Swablu’s help, they are able to return the small Rookidee to the treetops. As soon as the two avians return, the Corvisquire beelines it for her nest to dote on her babies.

Eva reaches out and gives Talia a hardy pat on the shoulder, “Well, you did a great job! Keep up the work! The Rangers are lucky to have you!”

In response to Talia’s mild embarrassment Eva extends a hand to properly greet her new friend, “Eva Morales, at your service!”

HEAL BELL

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Tali, Celes
She/Her
January 21
Ecruteak City, Johto
Bisexual
Dancer/Musician
Cadet
awards
126 posts
Talia Celes DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @talia
Talia Celes
Nestled Hearts
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2022 1:27:55 GMT
Talia Celes Avatar
There was something unexpected and affirming about the pat that the doctor gave her on the shoulder, and Talia decided she liked it.

When offered her hand, Talia took it eagerly, her smile radiant as they watched the happy reunion unfold. "It was a pleasure, Eva Morales," she replied.

If she were even a tiny bit more well-read on the region's sciences, that name would mean something to her. Given who she was, however, Talia just valued it as the name of a new friend. That alone though was worth enough for her to commit to memory.

"I know you're not a Ranger, but if you ever wanted to join, I'm sure you'd do a fantastic job. You showed such skill and quick-thinking! I don't know if it would have gone so well without you."

● Heal Bell ●
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Nestled Hearts
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2022 5:09:06 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Eva finishes the firm hand shake with a smile, “I actually started as a Ranger!” she admits, a little known fact about her that had been lost to time. She never quite made a name for herself among them. She wasn’t a ranger very long. Once Rocket stuck their nose into Hoenn’s business she was quick to join back up with The League to defend Hoenn from Kanto’s same fate.

“I work for The League now,” although eh Ranger were technically League employees, she meant she had a more specialized job. She glances past Talia to see Blade, her Gallade, finishing up with his task, “It was nice to meet you, Talia! I gotta get going, though. Too much to do, too little time!” her fingers slip a card from her pocket and tuck it into Talia’s hand before she jogs off past the woman to grab her pack then towards the Gallade. There’s a brief exchange before the psychic-type TELEPORTS her off to prepare for an important meeting.

HEAL BELL

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,989 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Nestled Hearts
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2022 3:58:41 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: