Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,405 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
PLEASE
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2022 1:54:22 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
S'il Vous Plaît
[break][break]
[break]
Her eyebrows knitted together, emerald eyes narrowing to a thin slant.

Why should her life matter to this man? What right did he have to tell her how to live?

It should have flattered her, perhaps, that Felix held such interest in her own welfare. Instead, it irritated her. Was she so meek and unassuming to him that Elisabeth seemed unable to carve her own path, as Felix himself was doing in the very same organisation?

Such blatant hypocrisy.

Her fingertips began to drum impatiently on the surface of her desk, red lips curling into a scowl.

"All right. What am I supposed to do with this information, Felix? Resign?"

Disbelief and incredulity alike dripped from each and every word.

"How does stripping me of power offer me any protection? Enlighten me."

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
[newclass=".elisafont b"]color: #7bb661;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
PLEASE
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2022 0:36:31 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Fire spat from the woman's mouth, licking the ends of his cheeks with heat and venom. But Felix's expression didn't dare flinch. Instead, he kept his features cold and loose, a sheet of passiveness that acted as a stark contrast to the words he'd just spoken.

Lips pressing into a frown, he leaned forward, resting the weight of his upper body on his knees.

"Things are only going to get worse."

The barrier.
Sea Hoenn.
The meteor.

Typically, these wouldn't be events that'd concern a man like him. Whether he survived to see another day was irrelevant -- that's what made him so good at his job -- but was still here, sleeping his summer away in their Petalburg home, and it was his responsibility to keep him safe. Keep him alive. Before, when he first accepted the promotion, he'd thought it'd become easier. Only now did he realize the consequences of both of their acceptance.

"And your name-- it's going to be attached to everything now. I can--"

'I can only try to protect you. '

He bit back the words. Was now really the time to offer guarantees?

"Is this power really worth your life?"

@tag

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,405 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
PLEASE
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2022 1:24:13 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
S'il Vous Plaît
[break][break]
[break]
"Is a life worth living, if it's powerless?" she asked, her voice flat and devoid of emotion. "How patronizing. You speak with the certainty of one who has never known true helplessness."

A bleak decade flashed through her mind's eye, its invocation manifesting a hardness in her that reflected in the pitiless light of her glare. That was the life she had known. That was the life she had escaped.

No amount of goodness -- no amount of empty, well-meant promises -- had kept her safe in the way he proclaimed they would.

This truth Elisabeth knew so intimately she would stake her very life upon it. In some ways, she already had.

"Things shall always get worse, Felix. Whether or not I am in Rocket. Whether or not I am in Hoenn or Kalos. Whether or not a meteor is intending to take out all of the region, or another reality seeks to interfere with ours."

A bitter, mocking laugh sang out, jarring in the wake of the words' solemnity as she flashed him a wicked smile.

"Do you think this is the first time my name has been slung in mud? Do you think I remain innocent, in some way? Let me disabuse you of such notions. I was plenty infamous before I entered Hoenn."

Lisa Bortiforte was accused by the Kalosian elite of marrying a man for his wealth and his prestige, while living a life of infidelity and excess.

Lisa Bortiforte had been labelled insane, deranged, and delusional, because the papers of Kalos had deemed her so.

Lisa Bortiforte had been painted an unhinged black widow by gossip magazines, intent on ruining the progress of a nation that clung to the tailcoats of a powerful, egotistic man, the shadows of his own crimes be damned.

Why should Elisabeth Fiorelli be different?

Why should she expect anything different from this new life, except that this time, she might seize some of the puppeteer's strings that controlled her own destiny?

All the wounds of the past reopened, unraveling what little restraint the woman yet possessed. When Elisabeth spoke next, all the festering resentment of those years crawled their way out, sneering with contempt.

Her voice did not raise here, but it did lower, with all the silent threat of a darkening storm.

"I have lived all of my life without power. I have let others make decisions for me. I have let men 'protect' me, in their own misguided, self-serving way, and paid the price for it."

Men like you, her mind whispered, though she did not speak so aloud.

She did not have to.

Abruptly Elisabeth rose from her seat and stared down at him, leveling him with a gaze that brooked no argument and lacked all affection. In this place that was her own, with seated before her, existed a rare moment in time where she lorded over him: a mere insect, pinned within the confines of her Ariados's web.

"If you want to take what little power I've achieved from me, Felix," she said, in a voice eerily calm with the conviction of its own resolve, "you'll have to kill me for it."

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
PLEASE
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2022 5:27:57 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Silence befell the admin as he stared back up at her, face unaffected, but stomach torn.

"I'm not going to do that, Elisabeth."

While his voice remained solid, when it got to her name, it wavered ever-so-slightly, weighed down by the realization her response forced him to swallow.

She had already made her decision. And it'd take more than a few words and offers of protection to sway her.

"I..."

What could he even say to that? Words had never been the admin's strong suit -- a fact that always became glaringly obvious whenever pitted against her. But, after being compared to the ghouls of her past, he knew it'd pain him more to walk out without another world than confront his inadequacies head on.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know."

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,405 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
PLEASE
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2022 5:36:30 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
S'il Vous Plaît
[break][break]
[break]
The waver in his voice evoked no sympathy in her own; if anything, the woman's own tongue sharpened like a knife, cutting into him until he bled with shame.

"No," Elisabeth repeated simply, lowering herself back into her seat. "You didn't know."

When she leaned back into her chair, her silhouette became something regal in its stiff-necked posture. Hands resumed their place upon the desk's surface, folding together neatly as one admin coolly regarded another.

"Now you do. And what will you do with that knowledge, Felix?"

She did not comment on his apology.

Instead, she waited for Felix's reaction to the challenge she'd placed before him.

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
PLEASE
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2022 5:55:38 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
What will he do?

"Nothing."

The answer was simple; when faced with an immovable force, what else was there to do than move on and cut your losses.

Emotions, however, complicated the matter more than he was used to. Could he really just walk away and say nothing?

"If that's your decision, then that's your decision."

He paused, taking a moment to contemplate his words.
"But I'll still do my best to protect you."

Whether she'll choose to continue down this path, vying for more power within the organization, or come to regret furthering herself from the peaceful life he still believed awaited her outside Hoenn, he'd stay close. As much as he could, at least.

@tag

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,405 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
PLEASE
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2022 6:03:04 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
S'il Vous Plaît
[break][break]
[break]
"Yes. It is my decision."

Would Elisabeth regret this life she had chosen? The doubt lingered with the cloying scent of her flowers, drifting in the silence that now settled between them.

If she would have been happier as a humble florist, her basement unburdened with secrets, Elisabeth had squandered the opportunity for that life long before she'd met Felix.

She didn't trust the happiness of that civilian life, in the end.

She didn't believe it would last.

Her head cocked towards him as he voiced his promise aloud, her golden hair spilling over her shoulder with the movement.

Finally, she spoke once more.

"Do I appear weak to you, Felix?"

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
PLEASE
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2022 6:19:50 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
"No, you don't."

There is no waver in his voice now. Reverted back to it's fortified roots, the man stood strong on this point, unrelenting now more than ever.

"Far from it."

Back when they first met, they questioned the value of one another's life. What it meant to pull the trigger on someone of little worth to the organization. Now, while the situation's changed, the question hasn't.

What was Elisabeth's life worth to rocket now? What was it worth to him?

"But, as Admin," the title rolled off his tongue with a faint tinge of restraint, "it is now within my responsibilities to ensure your safety. Whether you disagree or not."

Because if he was forced to swallow down and accept her decision, then she'd have to do the very same. This was his compromise; this was his decision.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,405 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
PLEASE
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2022 6:38:01 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
S'il Vous Plaît
[break][break]
[break]
With the strengthening of his words came a relaxing of the tension in her own. Elisabeth studied the man across from her, searching his face for any hint of dishonesty in his answer. She would have bristled at any condescension, and she would have hissed at the first sign of falsehood. Finding neither, she gave a tight nod in reply, partially mollified.

had once told her that she had thrived on being underestimated. Had that been the only reason, in the end, that Elisabeth had survived the life she had lived until now? She wondered.

Despite this, despite everything, she needed to know that Felix saw her as powerful in her own right: as one admin to another, not a woman to a man.

She craved that validation, even now.

"I don't think you are weak, either."

There was no gun positioned between them both here, as there had been all those months ago in the Petalburg Woods. Each of them had faced the other at gunpoint that day; one had shot the other, and one had not.

What was the worth of a single life, to a black widow and a mercenary?

More and more, Elisabeth believed that answer was dependent on the life in question. Her life, to her mind, was worth precious little. It baffled her that he kept insisting otherwise.

Until this moment, at least.

Elisabeth was a woman well-acquainted with games of strategy. When he outplayed her here, she understood his subtle movement upon the chessboard for what it was. It frustrated her, slightly, that there was no maneuver to answer his insistence.

She would have to be graceful in defeat.

"You're right," she admitted at last, though there was a reluctance in this concession. "My life belongs to Team Rocket. If you wish to protect that life, given the value I hold to our organisation, then I will not stop you."

Her gaze held his, defiant: but I will not rely upon you.

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
PLEASE
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2022 7:45:12 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Felix never once questioned her strength. Out of everyone within the organization, there was no one more fitting for the role, nor more deserving of the praise she'd recently received. He knew that better than anyone else.

What the admin didn't understand was that the value he placed onto her far extended what she provided the organization, or the merit of her work.

As personal strength fades into irrelevancy when the question ascends from 'if one needed the power the organization provided them' to 'if the organization required the power the individual offered them'. Whether Elisabeth recognized it or not, Felix would come to thoroughly believe she fell into the ladder, which made her decision all the more unbearable to swallow.

Alas, she made her stance clear enough.

"Good."

Because I wouldn't let you stop me.

While the words were never truly spoken, his tone mimicked the intensity she shared with him earlier.

Standing up from his seat, the admin offered her one last nod. "That's all I had to discuss, so I'll be leaving."

Heavy footsteps move toward the door, punctuated with a final, "Congrats, by the way."

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,989 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
PLEASE
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2022 8:59:40 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: