he/him
september 14
fight area, sinnoh
bi
ranger
cadet
20 height
20 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
43 posts
jacob kim DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jake
jacob kim
carl [m]
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2022 15:17:39 GMT
jacob kim Avatar
the need for sightseeing eventually lands him a trip to ever grande, taking up a mission concerning wildlife near the city.

the best part is that how he managed to squeeze himself to an opportunity to do one with the captain. ollie's friendly demeanor makes it easy to do so.

"i think this is the place." he checks the gps to make sure that they got the right area. "how do you think about my driving skills? i practiced for it, hehe."

they did go with a motorboat. they didn't see much problem through the trip, but given the mission brief he has read before going, the problem lie underneath the surface of the water.

jake puts on the diving equipment as he continues small talk.

"anyways, what do you usually do for these kinds of things?" he asks. he's curious of how things were dealt around after all. "would the beat 'em up procedure work or is there usually a more delicate procedure?"

it's undeniable that he's new, but he also doesn't want to intrude on conventions that the ever grande rangers practice.

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
everyone's a sucker for a taste of glory
awards
2,321 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
carl [m]
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2022 7:12:13 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ollie3"]
[attr="class","top"]

"pretty good! you could have a future career as a pidgeylyft driver." ollie flashes a grin at the other.

[break][break] though he's not too familiar with new implant, ollie is happy to find that he's easy to get along with. while he is always sure to get along with any of their new recruits, it certainly makes things easier when they're as friendly as .

[break][break] as they put on their diving gear, ollie considers the question.

[break][break] "well, guess depends on what kinda ranger you wanna be! some rangers all the rough and tumble type — like officer-implants, they'd kind of like to go in hard and fast." he thinks of . "some are a little more delicate, and would rather solve problems through pacifism."

[break][break] ollie zips up his suit. "personally, i like to be a mix of both. you never know which kind of ranger you need to be in any given circumstance."

[break][break] "what about you - jake, right? - what kind of ranger do you want to be?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]
corsola conservation

[attr="class","milkcredits"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".ollie3"]--accent:#FFB546; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 blockquote b, .ollie3 blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .ollie3 blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .ollie3 blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 .milkcredits"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .ollie3 .milkcredits a { transition:0.5s all } .ollie3 .milkcredits a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

jake
he/him
september 14
fight area, sinnoh
bi
ranger
cadet
20 height
20 height
awards
43 posts
jacob kim DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jake
jacob kim
carl [m]
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2022 19:03:59 GMT
jacob kim Avatar
"whichever one gets to see more action," he bluntly answers.

he came to hoenn for one thing and it's to see all the cool things that happened. rumors spreading all over the internet among video evidences was enough to bait an adventurous young adult into a career he's barely thought about before.

"well, by action, i mean the usual hoenn things. i'm down for either path."

it doesn't directly answer the question ollie has set for him, but that was the gist of what he wanted. personally, he doesn't have preferences as long as he gets to his goal.

as he finishes suiting up, he looks down the waters below.

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
everyone's a sucker for a taste of glory
awards
2,321 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
carl [m]
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2022 2:39:44 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ollie3"]
[attr="class","top"]

"ooh, you're a thrill-seeker!" he says, flashing a grin at him. "me too, bud."

[break][break] back when ollie had been a teenager, it had been all he wanted to do. though he loved the farm that he'd grown up on, there had been something so much more exciting about traveling and seeing what the rest of the world had to offer. it was what had made him come to hoenn. though, hoenn these days seemed far more deadly than it was back then, with ultrabeast wars or nightmares spinning out of portals or distortions coming out of absolutely nowhere.

[break][break] it was why they needed strong rangers like he and .

[break][break] "well i like to go in first and scout out the area first. if we go in guns ablazing, we might harm the other wildlife that's out here, and we definitely don't want to do that."

[break][break] "alright, ready? let's go!"

[break][break] ollie slaps the other on the back and then dives into the sea.

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]
corsola conservation

[attr="class","milkcredits"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".ollie3"]--accent:#FFB546; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 blockquote b, .ollie3 blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .ollie3 blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .ollie3 blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 .milkcredits"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .ollie3 .milkcredits a { transition:0.5s all } .ollie3 .milkcredits a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

jake
he/him
september 14
fight area, sinnoh
bi
ranger
cadet
20 height
20 height
awards
43 posts
jacob kim DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jake
jacob kim
carl [m]
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2022 18:15:38 GMT
jacob kim Avatar
good to know that he wasn't the only one with the same point of view. there's confidence built up on camaraderie, and jake is hopeful that similar sentiments will lead to that.

the pat on the back just gives him the much needed boost.

jake plunges into the depths of ever grande as he follows the lead of the other ranger. a torch attached to their suit lights up the waters beneath the surface, wherein they would soon find the reason for the corsola problem.

huntail and gorebyss circle the reef that the corsola have planted themselves on. they circle the group of them like the predators that they are, forcing the pink pokemon to bunker down defensively to prevent themselves from getting picked on.

a hand frantically points at the problem as jake looks at the ranger captain expectantly. he would go, but he'd rather see how the experts deal with it instead.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights