Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
You Don't Stand a Ghost of a Chance [M]
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2022 17:58:59 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]With Yveltal's nighttime flight over Hoenn, the restless dead came wailing from their graves in its wake. It was as if the apocalypse had come to Hoenn early; the region already was dead, and they just didn't know it yet. The air around here was grim enough before such a sighting. How bad were things going to get now?[break][break]

But that was a problem for the big, important people of the region to handle. Surely the littlest Pokemon at the daycare wouldn't have to worry . . . right?[break][break]

Buckets of candy meant for the entire daycare, overturned and messily devoured. Books on Pokemon care, haphazardly scattered all around the place. Baby Pokemon, shellshocked from jumpscare after jumpscare. Some unseen force was terrorizing the daycare, and both the staff and Pokemon checked in seemed at a loss as to what would be the cause.[break][break]

Zephyrus was one of the many impacted. The Dratini was having a nice, peaceful nap, dreaming about soaring through the air like his elder kin. The good news was that his dreams weren't just dreams! The bad news was that it was because an unseen force had lifted him through the air while he was sleeping![break][break]

By the time the poor Dratini came to, he had been strung up in the branches of the biggest tree in the daycare. He let out a distressed meep, trying to disentangle his serpentine body from the branches, but he was sure having a hard time pulling it off. As his struggling shook the tree up, he could hear an eerie giggle surrounding him on all sides. What the heck was even going on here?[break][break]

His eyes narrowed in focus. Whatever the reason, he was getting to the bottom of it. They woke the wrong dragon tonight!

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
paralegal / special agent
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2022 10:14:35 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ggpost"]
[attr="class","ggposttag"]

Quilava had been munching happily on a freshly baked poffin when the haunting happened. Something — or someone! — had taken the half-eaten baked good right out of her paws! She had growled in protest and swiped in the direction of the invisible thief, but it had dodged out of the way and floated off toward the trees with an eerie giggle.[break][break]

Incensed, Quilava followed at a jog. But her stolen treat floated higher, out of her reach. Eventually, she chased it to a cluster of trees on the Daycare Center's grounds. Only then did the poffin vanish — devoured by the mysterious crook right in front of her eyes![break][break]

Quilava cried out in indignation. But then she glanced at the nearby branches and noticed the Dratini stuck in them. How had that Pokémon gotten there?[break][break]

"Are you okay?" she asked, raising paw to her chin in curious expression.

[attr="class","ggpostpkmn"]

[attr="class","ggpostcredit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[newclass=".ggpost"]--accent:#D8AD43;font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ggpost blockquote"]width:375px;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;text-align:justify;margin:0px auto;border-radius:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ggpost .ggposttag"]letter-spacing:.5px;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:15px;font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ggpost .ggposttag a"]font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ggpost b"]color:var(--accent);font-size:14px;font-family:Roboto, sans-serif;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ggpost i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ggpost a"]font-size:12px;font-family:Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ggpost u"]text-transform:uppercase!important;text-decoration-color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ggpost .ggpostpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ggpost .ggpostcredit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:10px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ggpost .ggpostcredit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2022 16:03:09 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]"I'm okay!" wheezed Zephyrus, who clearly wasn't okay. Every attempt at wigglung out of the tree's grip just got the poor Dratini more and more wound up in its branches. It was like his body was one big slinky that had gotten coiled together a few too many times.[break][break]

Eventually, something had to give. On Zephyrus' lattest attemp at uncoiling himself, the air rang out with a piercing CRACK! The branch felt less tight around the Dratini's body now. In fact,,he could move his tail with little to no trouble now. He did it! He was free! He was finally free-[break][break]

Falling. He was freefalling, coils loosely slung around the now-broken branch. Uh oh. Zephyrus let out a distressed warble as he hurtled through the air, flopping facefirst into the dirt. Oof. He was gonna be feeling that one for a good bit. But at least with the branch reduced to twigs and splinters, he could easily disengage from its remains.[break][break]

His head was still swimming as he lookead towards the flaming rodent. "What's got you this far out?" he asked, half-slurring a bit before shaking himself back into sense. "Don't you know it's not safe this far out?"[break][break]

"This is where the Cold is."

[break][break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2022 16:39:17 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ggpost"]

Quilava winced when the Dratini fell to the ground, yet he didn't seem too injured. She drew closer, careful not to step on any splinters of the exploded branch.[break][break]

"I was chasing down an invisible poffin thief," she replied, sitting back on her haunches to raise herself higher. "It stole my snack and then ate it right in front of me! And I have no idea who it was or where it went."[break][break]

She looked around, sniffing the air for any strange smells. But would an invisible creature have a smell? It could be possible…

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[newclass=".ggpost blockquote"]width:375px;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;text-align:justify;margin:0px auto;border-radius:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ggpost .ggposttag"]letter-spacing:.5px;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:15px;font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ggpost b"]color:var(--accent);font-size:14px;font-family:Roboto, sans-serif;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ggpost a"]font-size:12px;font-family:Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ggpost u"]text-transform:uppercase!important;text-decoration-color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ggpost .ggpostcredit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:10px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2022 17:09:33 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"The invisible thief is an invisible Pokenapper, too!" Zephyrus complained. "It put me in a tree when I was taking a nap. It's been messing with everyone here, and I'm tired of letting it get away with this!" The Dratini's fins twitched indignantly at its response. Clearly, the invisible pranksters were getting it worked up.[break][break]

The Quilava had a good idea; stand high to catch the air, and sniff for anything strange. At first, she wouldn't seem to find antthing of note. However, a smell started to waft through the air. It was sickly sweet, almost like an overflow of berries. The smell of musty air occasionally underlined the aroma, but only for fleeting moments. It was little more than an aftertaste compared to the overpowering scent of Sweet.[break][break]

There was only one problem. The scent emanated right from what Zephyrus had just described as the Cold. Even as he, too scanned the horizon for threats, he didn't even dare to look in that direction. Something about the mere idea of going there seemed like bad medicine.[break][break]

For ghosts, was that just bar for the course?

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2022 17:23:36 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ggpost"]

Unlike her new acquaintance, Quilava had no qualms whatsoever about following the scent into this 'Cold'. It was indeed sweet, in a sickly kind of way, and she padded after it with determination. Whether the Dratini would follow or not was up to him.[break][break]

Eventually, she reached a place where the scent was strongest: the edge of the fenced-in field on the Daycare Center's property. Beyond it, up the hill, was a small graveyard, overgrown with vegetation, the stone markers covered in moss. She paused at the fence, placing her front paws on the wooden board while she stood as tall as possible on her hind legs.[break][break]

"That's the place," she murmured. "I'm gonna go find our poffin stealer and Poké-napper! Come with me if you want, or just stay here if you're scared."[break][break]

Like her master, Quilava feared nothing. She put out the flames on her head and back, then ducked under the lowest fence board and wiggled herself to the other side. Once free, she loped up the hill, looking over her shoulder only once to see if the Dratini was following.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2022 23:55:46 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Zephyrus wasn't scared![break][break]

Okay. So Zephyrus was scared. Since his stay at the daycare, the Cold hit him like a truck any time he went poking around here. One moment, he was eyeing this suspicious hill. The next moment, he was slinking away for his like, a chill down his spine and fear in his eyes. By the third time or so, he knew that this place was nothing but trouble. And yet here his new acquaintance was, bravely striding over towards the abyss.[break][break]

"I'm not scared!" he huffed, cheeks puffing out indignantly. So what if he was shivering? It was just cold, that's all. That's why it was called the Cold! "In fact, I'm so not scared that I . . . I . . . I'm gonna be right there behind you! You'll see!"[break][break]

Sure enough, the young Dratini was hot on the Quilava's heels. His serpentine body let him navigate the fence with ease, allowing him to catch up despite his earlier hesitation. "I don't see anything . . ." he said, eyes narrowing as he stared over the horizon. "Yet."[break][break]

These guys came out when somebody needed to be pranked, right? Either you had something the Cold wanted, or you were more comfortable than they wanted you to be. In either case, they didn't come when you were looking for them. That was too easy, surely. The best prank you could play on someone who wanted to see you was to never show up.[break][break]

Maybe that was why Zephyrus flopped onto the hill, rolling over onto his back. "Y'know, all this hunting's really got me tired," he admitted. "Maybe I'm just gonna . . . take a nap here . . . you don't mind keeping an eye out on me, do you? I'd sure hate to get kidnapped again!"[break][break]

Bless the poor thing's heart. He wasn't a natural showman like his trainer, but he sure was trying!

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2022 0:10:57 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ggpost"]

When the Dratini flopped onto the ground and bemoaned his fatigue, Quilava looked at him with a quizzical expression. "A nap?!" she exclaimed. "At a time like this?! We have sneaky thieves to find!"[break][break]

But the Dratini seemed intent on rolling over and dozing. Quilava sighed and sat down. "I just wanted to eat my poffin," she lamented, her paws rising to hide eyes watering with unshed tears.[break][break]

An unnatural chill washed over the two Pokémon in that moment, emanating from the nearest gravestone. Sniffling, Quilava looked over and gasped at the sudden intrusion of a third Pokémon: a Froslass who looked at them with a cocked head, one hand on the overgrown stone.[break][break]

"Where did you come from?" Quilava demanded, shocked. She reached down and shook the Dratini awake. "Hey! Someone's here!"

MADE BY GUNSMILE

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2022 0:27:12 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Zephyrus didn't say anything at first. His eyes were glued shut. His head lolled listlessly to the side. His noodly body was as limp as a corpse fresh for the grave. For all intents and purposes, he was out like a light. That was very, very bad for the Quilava, but very, very good for the Froslass.[break][break]

She floated towards the two intruders, her head cocked just a little too far to the side. "Aren't you an odd one?" he asked, her voice thick with faux sweetness. "Always so hot . . . why, this poor thing's burning up! Come, come, little one. It'll be okay . . .[break][break]

"I'll take good care of that for you."[break][break]

The Froslass chuckled in a parody of warmth, continuing to float towards Quilava. As she did, a Blizzard whipped into life around her. The temperature on the hill, already uncomfortably cold, began to drop to freezing. Little crystals of ice were starting to form across Zephyrus' scales. The cold sapped energy from Quilava's flames, and the winds whipped into a maelstrom to try and extinguish them entirely.[break][break]

Yet as she raised a hand high, attempting to call the Blizzard down on Quilava's head, Zephyrus sprang to life. He cracked his trail like a whip, the resulting Thunder Wave sending a shudder down the Froslass' spine. Her finger remained pointed towards the sky, the Blizzard dancing at her fingertip but remaining contained by her side. It was as if the frost itself had frozen.[break][break]

"Now's our chance!" Zephyrus squeaked, fins twitching in a furor. "Give her hell!"

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2022 0:38:53 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ggpost"]

Quilava shivered hard as the strange Froslass built up power around them at the top of the hill, her energy culminating at the tip of her finger into a powerful and devastating BLIZZARD. But then the Dratini whipped his tail and paralyzed her, preventing her from unleashing her attack.[break][break]

"Give her hell!"[break][break]

Flames shooting out from her head and back, Quilava leaped at the Froslass with startling speed in a FLAME CHARGE. As she slammed into the Ice-type Pokémon, her entire body erupted in flame, dealing immense damage. The Froslass staggered back against the headstone of the grave.[break][break]

"Don't mess around with the Daycare Center!" Quilava admonished Froslass. Sitting up on her haunches, Quilava crossed her front paws over her chest in imitation of her human master. "Don't kidnap other Pokémon! And definitely stop stealing their food!"[break][break]

The Froslass gave Quilava a withering look, then vanished in a burst of ice crystals. The cloud of frost swirled in the air for a moment, then made a vexed noise and dispersed on the wind, away from the Daycare Center.[break][break]

Quilava fell back onto her front paws. "Wow, that was something else," she said to Dratini. "You were totally faking it, weren't you? Smart thinking." She paused, then started down the hill. "C'mon, let's go eat some poffins!"

MADE BY GUNSMILE

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2022 3:52:11 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Yeah! What she said!" Zephyrus squeaked, threateningly swishing his tail towards the Froslass. It wasn't a very threatening gesture, yet it was the most curious thing. Each swipe seemed to be following by the jingling of bells.[break][break]

Huh. Was Zephyrus always so tall? And when did the silly little fins on his head end up looking so smooth and elegant? With each swish of his tail, Zephyrus' body seemed to stretch out more and more, the baby fat leaving his features and sculpting into a far more refined looking being. The pale blue scales of a Dratini lay shed beside him, another patch flaking off with every swing.[break][break]

Where the Quilava's unlikely companion once stood, now an elegant Dragonair sat beside her.[break][break]

"Impressive, huh?" he asked, that same, excitable tone now being carried through a deeper, richer voice. "My human always said to be careful of the direct approach. I'm not the best in a direct fight, especially with how small I am. But I think our plan there went really well!"[break][break]

Oh dear. He didn't realize that he'd evolved, did he?[break][break]

A roar lurched across the hill, and immediately Zephyrus snapped into focus. However, it wasn't any ghosts behind this sudden startle. While Zephyrus' mind didn't cotton on to his evolution, his body sure did! "Oh . . . I must've been really hungry, huh?" he said, bashfully chuckling at his own grumbling stomach. "Poffins would really hit the spot! Let's do it!"

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,988 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2022 3:56:18 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: