Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,682 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
Dressed to Kill [m]
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2022 18:13:18 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zevpost"]
[attr="class","zevposttext"]

A hitman's job did not start and end with the murder; it began way before the fatal strike, with gathering intel. An assassination required care to plan and execute. Hastiness often begat sloppiness, and of all things Zev claimed to be, 'sloppy' was not one of them.[break][break]

Over the past couple of weeks, Zev had been hard at work investigating the individuals on 's hit list. Finally, his effort paid off, culminating in a plan to cross off one of the more important names on the list, a Gregor Mansfield, at a party held at his estate. Zev had even obtained an invitation, forged for him by none other than .[break][break]

There was only one problem. The event was no ordinary party but a costume party, and the theme was 'superheroes and villains'. Apparently, Mansfield was throwing it in honor of his daughter's sixteenth birthday, and the girl loved them. Zev had no experience with this; he was completely out of touch with whatever kids liked.[break][break]

And so he reached out to the one person he figured would know and not ask too many questions: .[break][break]

Unfortunately, as it turned out, the prospect of dressing up in costume and eating expensive food at a fancy party on someone else's dime turned out to be too enticing for Isaac, who insisted that Zev bring him along. Though reluctant at first, they worked out a deal: Isaac would help Zev put together a reasonable costume — nothing that would hinder him — and Isaac could accompany Zev as his 'younger cousin'. Zev's own fake invitation announced him as the CEO of a promising tech startup, a lie made more believable by the mask that covered his face and the blonde wig that hid his naturally black hair.[break][break]

"Remember, don't draw any unnecessary attention to yourself. I'm here for a business meeting with another guest. Once I'm done, we're leaving," Zev reminded Isaac as the two men arrived a couple blocks from the estate by Xatu's teleport. Zev recalled the Psychic-type into a Poké Ball and tucked it away into a pocket.

[break]

[attr="class","zevpostooc"]
[break]

NOTES

Mission: A Little Party Never Killed Nobody (HW)

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.zevpost]--accent:#975fb2;[/newclass]
[newclass=.zevpost]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevposttext b"]color:var(--accent);font-size:14px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevposttext a"]font:12px Roboto;font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevposttext i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevposttext u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevpostooc b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevpostooc a"]font:12px Roboto;font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevpostooc i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevpostooc h1"]font:18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevpostooc u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevpostpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Dressed to Kill [m]
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2022 12:58:16 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Isaac was never the #1 costume expert. That was always more his little brother's thing. But when you were a big brother, you tended to pick up on that kind of stuff through osmosis, so Isaac was able to get Zev nice and ready for the show. Simple. Clean. Enough room to do Zev stuff in. Nothing fancy needed for this job.[break][break]

His own had been the subject of quite a bit of debate. Isaac did a double take when first suggested Fletchling to him, but apparently he wasn't just some 12 year old in outdatedly tiny pants anymore. Apparently there were, like. Four of them? And they all grew up to be incredibly hot? Weird. How did they keep growing up if Zubatman was always the same age? Comics were weird. But she was the expert, not Isaac, so into the outfit he went.[break][break]

Now he and Zev were ready to go out there and cut a rug. If Isaac was lucky, that'd be the only thing Zev would be cutting. But Isaac was rarely lucky, and Zev was so set in his nature that the Skorpi and the Politoed would've said "daaaaaaamn." There was a reason why, instead of just picking Zubatman, Isaac hit the web to find superheroes associated with the color red.[break][break]

Yeah. No. This day was going to be some sort of fucked up hidden agenda. The second Zev mentioned a business meeting, the writing was on the wall. Isaac hoped they'd be able to get away with just a bit of extortion tonight. Until then, there'd be music, gourmet food, and plenty of rich, powerful people. Why not kick back and enjoy?[break][break]

"No unnecessary attention, got it," Isaac said. He didn't need to say the quiet part out loud. This was a party. There'd be a boatload of necessary attention tonight. The more of it he had, the less of it would burden Zev. Really, by slapping a winning smile onto his face and making his way to the horse divorce table (Isaac's train of thought was not spelling that shit, they were for eating, not for brainpower), he was doing Zev a favor.[break][break]

Justifications like that always made it easier, huh?

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,682 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
Dressed to Kill [m]
POSTED ON Sept 22, 2022 13:25:08 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zevpost"]

Entrance into the estate was as easy as showing the forged invitations to the doorman. Zev and Isaac were ushered inside with the rest of the guests. The first room they entered was a lavish foyer with plenty of couches and armchairs for sitting if people wanted to get away from the noise and extravagance of the main rooms. There were doors leading away to the left and right, but private security guarded them, wearing stern faces and sharp suits.[break][break]

Beyond the foyer was a large banquet hall with a central table piled high with hors d'oeuvres. A second enormous table at the far end of the room held a four-tier birthday cake and several trays of entrée food, buffet-style. Servers stood behind the table to assist guests with their plates. Smaller dining tables lined the sides of the hall, accompanied by cushioned chairs. Every table was covered with a gold tablecloth and adorned with white plates, blush-hued napkins, and vase centerpieces overflowing with bouquets of pink begonias and white baby's breath.[break][break]

Zev snatched up two slim champagne glasses from a passing server. He handed one to Isaac. "Cheers," he said, clinking them together. Then he quaffed the whole thing in one go and discarded the empty glass on a different server's tray. Zev was not normally a person who drank on the job, but the scenario demanded it. Even if no one was actively keeping tabs on them, someone might notice, find it odd, and mention it later.[break][break]

"Let's get some food."[break][break]

As they made their way to the hors d'oeuvres, Zev kept his eyes open for the man of the hour. Because Gregor Mansfield was likely in costume, he would have to keep not only his eyes but also his ears open for any possible hint for his target.

[break]

[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.zevpost]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevposttext b"]color:var(--accent);font-size:14px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevposttext a"]font:12px Roboto;font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevposttext u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevpostooc h1"]font:18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevpostooc u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Dressed to Kill [m]
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2022 4:32:28 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]The venue was beyond extravagant; it was downright decadent. Gold and white colors dominated the eye, with tasteful accents of pastel blue and pink highlighting them. The floor space was big, the bouquets were bigger, and the cake was downright enormous. It was the kind of establishment that Isaac would've never expected to set foot in before his career in Rocket.[break][break]

It was also now crawling with people dressed in superhero costumes. The clash between what Gregor Mansfield thought was an appropriate party for his daughter and the theme that she'd insisted on was palpable. Frankly, if Isaac was in the guy's shoes, he would've cut the ritz and glamor. If his daughter wanted a superhero and supervillain themed party, he would've gone hog wild on the set design. Less dance hall, more Zubatcave. But the grown-ups would've clearly blanched at that. Ah well. Their loss.[break][break]

"Cheers," Isaac said, shaking his interior design thoughts to clink glasses with Zev. Unlike his boss, he was more the sipper type than the shooter type. Nothing wrong with letting a little bit of the bubbly stretch out through the night. He'd just have to make sure he didn't lose track of it. Something about being at a party with Zev inspired a little bit of hypervigilance in Isaac. Maybe it was because the guy was practically Mr. Worst Case Scenario. Maybe it was because by now, Isaac was acutely aware of his own status as a walking disaster. Who knew? Isaac didn't. He just knew it'd be a cold day in hell before he took his eyes off that glass.[break][break]

And now, finally, the horse divorce table! With Zev's attention split, Isaac decided to him a solid and help load some appetizers onto his plate. This way he wouldn't have to split his focus between business partners and tiny hot dogs. Isaac's own plate would be a classic one-of-everything special. Most of these foods, Isaac had never even seen before. His party food tended to be less caviar, more pizza rolls. Today, that changed. Just what wonders lied in the palates of the rich and famous?[break][break]

[break][break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,682 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
Dressed to Kill [m]
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2022 23:51:18 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zevpost"]

Zev accepted the plate of hors d'oeuvres that Isaac prepared for him and absently munched on crackers topped with lobster and caviar while he scanned the room. Once Isaac had piled his own plate with food, the two of them moved away from the central table to mingle and eavesdrop. They were finally rewarded as a snippet of conversation made its way to Zev's ears.[break][break]

"What a generous father you are, Gregor. And the food is exquisite."[break][break]

There. A middle-aged woman dressed in a sleek cape dress was exchanging light conversation with a similarly aged man who had donned a villain's costume for the evening. While her outfit barely seemed to meet the theme's requirements, his own looked tailor-made for it. And his salt-and-pepper hair and heavy build matched Mansfield's.[break][break]

After tugging on Isaac's arm to indicate that he should follow, Zev made a beeline for his target, embodying the energy of a man excited to meet someone famous and respected for the first time.[break][break]

"Mr. Mansfield! It's so good to finally meet you," Zev exclaimed when he neared, handing his plate of half-finished finger foods to Isaac so he could shake their host's hand. Mansfield turned from entertaining his female guest, confusion coloring his features. "I'm Akira Lang of SecurNet. We spoke on the phone. This is my cousin, Jake." He gestured to Isaac.[break][break]

Recognition finally entered Mansfield's eyes, though he ignored Isaac entirely. "Ah, yes! Lang. That's right. You do cybersecurity. State of art stuff, with banks, yes?"[break][break]

"That's right, sir. I was hoping we could talk in private about your interest in SecurNet?"[break][break]

The other man nodded. "Of course, of course. Mrs. Galveston, I shall have to take my leave of you, but do enjoy the party."[break][break]

The woman inclined her head in understanding and gave Zev a tight smile.[break][break]

Mansfield, however, waved for Zev to follow him. "This way. Best to chat away from meddlesome ears and eyes."[break][break]

As Zev started off at his host's heels, he called out to Isaac, "Go have fun! I'll find you when I'm done!" He gave the blonde a thumbs up, then disappeared into the crowd.

[break]

[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Dressed to Kill [m]
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2022 5:48:17 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]And so, Isaac was officially put on treat toting duty. Also, his name was apparently Jake. Thank goodness that was established now, rather than after Isaac opened his big mouth. Jake nodded as he took the plates, flashing that classic winning smile towards Mansfield. For now, that was all he needed to do. People in his role were better off seen, not heard.[break][break]

Okay. Wow. That was a really depressing way to view a party. Maybe he should just enjoy the free food instead of attempting to decipher the socioeconomic political maneuverings of the fabulously wealthy.[break][break]

If he did, he'd have to navigate them alone. Zev's business meeting had arrived, and that meant he was outta here. "I'll try not to have too much fun without you!" Isaac teased, playing up the role of younger cousin just enough. Lay it on too thick, you're a brat. Don't lean into it enough, you're a bore.[break][break]

And now the world was Isaac's oyster. Bidding a nod of acknowledgment and a smile to Mansfield's companions, he took his plate of snacks (Wait a second! And apparently Zev's! Ah, jeez, the guy was probably too busy with his important meeting to chow down. He made a mental note to pool them together once he was out of eyeshot so he didn't look like a glutton) and wandered off.[break][break]

That begged a big, important question. Now what? Isaac didn't know anyone here, and he tended to be surprisingly quiet before he got to know someone. Best case scenario, he'd end up getting sucked into enough conversations that he could fake it til he could make it. Worst case scenario . . . well, he had food at least. And it was good![break][break]

He stalked off in search of either good music to dance to or interesting conversations to eavesdrop on. Who knew? Maybe he'd end up learning a thing or two of interest about Hoenn's upper crust. He wasn't sure if anything could beat the Ranger pie fight as the juiciest secret in the region, but if any place could give it a run for its money, it was a fancy party for the rich.

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,682 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
Dressed to Kill [m]
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2022 23:27:53 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zevpost"]

Zev followed his target into a side room, a library by the looks of it, with shelves upon shelves of books dusty with lack of use. At the far end of it were two armchairs set at an angle to each other, both of them facing an electric fireplace that crackled with a digital image of flames and emitted heat.[break][break]

Mansfield gestured for Zev to sit, so he did, his host taking the other chair.[break][break]

And so played out the killer's game, Zev's careful mask riveted in place, the right words and tone emerging from an easy smile to ensnare his unsuspecting prey. Finally, Mansfield stood to pour himself a drink from the whisky decanter on a side table. While his back was turned, Zev removed the silenced pistol from beneath his costume's jacket and fired a single round, snatching the casing from the air before it could disappear into the room's shadows.[break][break]

The gun disappeared into his costume once more. Silence reigned in the room. Nothing moved for several minutes as blood seeped into Mansfield's expensive carpet.[break][break]

Confident that no one had heard what had just transpired, Zev stood from the chair and started walking back toward the door.[break][break]

Then he burst into a beaming smile. "Thanks so much, Mr. Mansfield. And for the party invitation, too. I'll definitely have my people call your people." Pause for thirty seconds while he laid a hand on the doorknob. "Yes! Jake and I will, thank you. Have a good evening."[break][break]

Zev slipped out into the empty hallway, falling silent, his grin softening into a satisfied smile. The door closed behind him with a click. In no time at all, he made his way back to the banquet hall and into the lively crowd, his eyes peeled for Isaac.[break][break]

They had to leave. Immediately.

[break]

[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Dressed to Kill [m]
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2022 2:52:33 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"-and so I said, Clauncher? I hardly even know 'er!"[break][break]

While Zev was busy ending lives, Isaac had found a crew of people to hang out with. Currently he was standing in a pack with a few others, other restless youth of around the same age as him. They hovered between the snack table and the open bar, enjoying the party's soundtrack of the usual top 20 singles from a distance.[break][break]

Really, was it any surprise that Isaac had fallen in with the misfits and wallflowers? While he was surprisingly gregarious, he was also a man that did his best work on the fringes. Even now, he was doing more than just fraternizing. When he wasn't joking around with the others, he got to hear them grump about their parents' lines of works, boast about their own burgeoning opportunities, and score some sweet gossip about Hoenn's upper crust.[break][break]

The open bar was quite the potent weapon in this war of secrets. Loose lips sunk ships, and a little bit of drink did just the trick for loosening them up. By always being the cool guy who did the drink runs, the others didn't even have the chance to find out that his rum and cokes were far more coke than rum.[break][break]

Sure, he wouldn't have much time to work this strategy. Between the start of the "deal", the dirty deed, and the search for a way out, maybe an hour at most would have passed. But rich young men at an open bar being plied with endless amounts of alcohol could drink with the best of them.[break][break]

Once Zev was an eyeshot, Isaac nodded towards him, raising his glass. "Eyy, cuz, how's business treating ya?" he asked. Zev had been enough real drunks to know that Isaac was just putting on a bit of a show, but Isaac's drinking buddies were too blitzed to pick out the difference. In their eyes, he was just a regular part of the crew.

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,682 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
Dressed to Kill [m]
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2022 0:29:02 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zevpost"]

In a sea of unique costumes, Zev found Isaac easily.[break][break]

"It went great, actually," he told the younger man as he sidled up, insinuating himself into the gathering of other partygoers and clapped a hand on Isaac's shoulder. "Mr. Mansfield was very interested in our product, so I'm hoping to hear from him soon."[break][break]

Zev eyed Isaac's various drunk companions, trying to gauge their coherency and comprehension from outward appearance alone. Some were further along than others.[break][break]

"What about you? Having a good time?" Not that he had to ask. Isaac himself looked like he was fully in his element.

[break]

[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Dressed to Kill [m]
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2022 3:40:17 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"I'd say I'm glad to hear, but. C'mon. You know I didn't doubt ya for a second." Isaac gave Zev a friendly, teasing elbow of acknowledgment. He'd never be so daring in most cases, but, hey. His job was to be the jokey, semi-irreverent cousin, and he was thriving in that role![break][break]

"How's about it, guys? Toast to our big day?" he asked. Isaac's "friends" didn't need to hear anything else. They saw an excuse to take, and by Arceus they were taking it. They waved their glasses high, alcohol messily spilling out of the rims. It was exactly the kind of sloppiness you saw when you were wasting time at an open bar because your rich dad had to start networking at some kid's birthday.[break][break]

While they were distracted by their cups, Isaac leaned a little bit closer to Zev. "Got some pretty dece dirt from these guys. Nothing, like, huge. But a layer or two past what you'd see in the news. Maybe we can talk shop later," he whispered. Then he leaned away from Zev, bursting out into laughter. "Oh, man. That's a good one. You're killing me with those jokes, cuz," he said.[break][break]

"Me? I'm having a great time! These dudes know how to party," Isaac said, gesturing to his "friends" with his cup. "But, I already know what you're gonna say, huh?"[break][break]

Wow. He was even giving Zev the chance to naturally segue to an exit. He may not have been much of a killer, but when it came to the "cloak" half of "cloak and dagger" Isaac knew his stuff.

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,682 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
Dressed to Kill [m]
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2022 2:43:01 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zevpost"]

"Maybe we can talk shop later."[break][break]

Zev squeezed Isaac's shoulder in silent affirmation to the suggestion, then let go as the younger man leaned back, his grin growing wider as Isaac barked out a drunken laugh.[break][break]

"Yeah, I hate to cut your fun short, but we have to go," he replied, checking his watch. "We need time to change back into proper clothes for your sister's concert performance."[break][break]

With an apologetic smile cast at the rest of the ground, Zev led Isaac out of the crowded hall, through its antechamber, and down the front steps. The cool night air kissed their skin and ruffled the fake hair of Zev's wig with a light breeze. They made small talk as they walked away from the grand estate — about the food, the drinks, and some of the less incriminating gossip Isaac had obtained.[break][break]

Finally, once they were a couple of blocks away, Zev opened a Poké Ball and released his Xatu.[break][break]

"I'm heading home," he said to Isaac, his false personality gone, replaced instead by cold blue eyes and a colder voice. "Good job tonight. Get some rest, and we can talk about what you learned tomorrow."[break][break]

Without so much of a backward glance, Zev signaled to his Pokémon. The two vanished in the blink of an eye.

[break]

[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,988 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Dressed to Kill [m]
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2022 8:10:46 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: