awards
1,811 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
It's a Living [M]
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2022 1:31:51 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Armor's secretary could not have been more annoyed when Oscar stepped into the waiting area in front of 's office. In his hands were a drink holder with two coffees and a bag of pastries, and on his face was the most insufferable smile she has ever had the displeasure of witnessing. It looked so forced, like his face was not meant to smile but he kept doing it anyway. To be fair to Miss Secretary, she has been having a dreadful day. Mister Rose was in a foul mood, and the last thing she needed on her plate was some smiley intruder causing trouble.

"Mister Rose isn't seeing anyone." She recited flatly, hoping it would be enough. It was not.

Oscar cleared his throat, "He'll see me. Tell him Oscar is here to say hello." A few days ago Oscar got an alarming report from a recent grunt mission. Apparently Armor went on an absolute rampage, nearly killing the grunt team and causing quite a scene. Naturally Oscar's first thought was what could drive Armor to act so aggressively? It had been a while since he talked to him, maybe it was time to pay his old friend a visit. 

With breakfast goods in hand, Oscar had arrived at Armor's office with a sparkle in his eye and curiosity in his heart--and 'no' was not currently in his vocabulary. The secretary sighed, reluctantly pressing the call button on her phone.

"Mister Rose, an 'Oscar' is here to see you."
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
"I can't take the pressure....I'm gone beyond repair...."
awards
1,893 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
It's a Living [M]
POSTED ON Oct 9, 2022 20:22:03 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
There were days that Amor just wanted to be alone, and today had been one of those days, he was only in the office to check in on what exactly resources the League was taking away so that he could start figuring out how to work around them, and get them. But that damned dome was preventing much of his plans, so he would have to wait until either the world ended, or the barrier collapsed. Though he had no idea which would happen, then there was the issue of that Rocket Grunt that he had vented his anger out on, Amor began to worry for his mental health. Of course he knew the cause, but he couldn't go around, and tell people that he had wiped his own memory a few times to overcome various obstacles, and then restored them.

It took a strain, and a toll on the mind to undergo such revision, and reversion. Amor had been forbidden from doing it again by Walter, but still it had been necessary the times he had done it. However he felt the effects on his psyche lately, that compounded with the stress.

"Ugh..." He let the uncouth noise out of his lips as he spun around in his executive chair before his secretary came in, and a rather terrible thought entered his mind before he heard her words. "Oscar?" There was a shock in his voice as they hadn't hung out much, but Amor tapped his desk. He didn't want Oscar to get into trouble from associating with him, but if he came here then he was probably aware of the risks, or word hadn't gotten out yet. "Let him in. Forward any calls I get right now to voicemail, and take the rest of the day off." He told her, and she went back through the door to get the only other man Amor knew that shared his hair color.

"Ahem, Mr. Rose will see you now." She spoke in a soft tone, but the irritation showed in her eyes at the man being right about her boss. Though she lead him through the current busy office, and into a private secluded corner office through two sets of doors. Once she saw him in, she closed the doors carefully behind him, and took her leave.

The most notable new feature on Amor that Oscar would see, were electric blue veins that spread across the right side of his face, and disappeared beneath the suit he was wearing. They were still in the process of healing him from the ordeal at Lilycove, but this was a side effect of expediting the process.

"My apologies for her, I've had a day, a week, perhaps even a month." He laughed easily as he motioned for Oscar to sit in the big comfy chair across from him. "I've been running everyone ragged, and been a tad more temperamental than I normally am. So if she was rude to you, it's my fault." ?He said as he ran his fingers through his hair. "But erm, what brings you to my neck of the woods?" Amor asked with a tilt of his head to his friend.

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
Rosemary, heaven restores you in life.
awards
1,811 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
It's a Living [M]
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2022 22:26:31 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
As Oscar was permitted to enter, he would first poke his head through Amor's office door. Amor looked--less than stellar. Oscar was so used to Mister Rose being near-angelic in appearance, to see him so disheveled made Oscar feel uneasy. "Hey there champ." Oscar said as he fully entered the office and shut the door behind him. "I brought goodies!"

As Amor relayed his troubles, Oscar placed the coffee and pastries on his counterpart's desk before taking a seat. He grabbed one of the coffees and sipped it gingerly, he had been dying for some caffeine. Amor questioned what brought Oscar here, and luckily the sly beast had an answer prepared.

"I know how you feel, it's been a hell of a year for me too. I got so caught up with my own problems that I neglected my friends, and now I'm here to check in on one of them. How fortuitous that it's at such a bleak moment." Oscar motioned to the provided refreshment, "Help yourself pal. Let the sugar sooth your soul. Then you can tell me what's ailing ya."

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,893 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
It's a Living [M]
POSTED ON Oct 24, 2022 19:43:56 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
Amor wondered how feeble he must appear right now. He was healing, and speeding the process up with the aid of his pokemon, and he had world class physicians at his beck, and call. But it wasn't fast enough. He wasn't recovering immediately, and that is what irritated him the most. At his friends suggestion he gave an easy smile, and took one of the pastries, and began to gently bite on it. What would be the best way to describe his troubles to his friend, and after several moments of deliberation, he motioned to Walter to bring him the HoloPad. After clicking a few buttons on it he simply slid it across the table to Oscar, and let him read it.

It was the latest HNN article. Amor seemed both annoyed, and amused all at once.

"I have garnered both fame, and infamy in a short time frame." Was all he said with a chuckle as he ran his fingers through his silvery locks, and took another bite out of his pastry. He would wait for Oscar to read it before he spoke further.

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,811 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
It's a Living [M]
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2022 17:46:37 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
As the article was put before him, Oscar would lean in intently while sipping his coffee. His expression remained blank as he read, but on the inside Oscar was rather ecstatic. Amor's misfortune had created an unexpected opportunity, one that Oscar could capitalize for Rocket's benefit. He had to play it cool though, he must first gauge Amor's contempt for the League--that would determine how...susceptible he would be to alternative options.

Oscar put his drink down and sighed, leaning back into his chair. "Typical League shenanigans, squeeze their most talented minds dry and throw them away at the first opportunity. I am very sorry this happened Amor. It truly isn't fair." Oscar rested an elbow on his chair's armrest, propping his head up with two fingers as he stared intently at Amor.

"You don't deserve this treatment friend. You've worked too hard to be written off. What will you do now?"

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,893 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
It's a Living [M]
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2022 14:53:18 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
At his question Amor just smiled wryly, his arm was stiff still, but due to the extensive healing he was forcing himself to undergo it was going faster than it naturally should have.

"Wait for the assassins to come I guess." He said with a little bit of a chuckle. "That is half a joke, I sort of...Well the other day I ran across a rocket grunt, and well." Amor remembered what he had told the grunt exactly. He had quite literally poke the bear, and if he got mauled he only had himself to blame. "I sort of threatened to wipe any memory of him off the planet, if he didn't do what I told him too...Which yes I know isn't exactly smart, but I've been on edge. In a bad mood, and I used him to vent." He sighed, and just planted his face in his palm.

"I'm sort of a mental mess right now...I guess being near death so often will do that to you." First it was the assassin in his garden. Then Melody, and finally that grunt. His nerves were being frayed, and he needed a break. "I need a vacation, perhaps I'll buy a house in Sootopolis since I know the league won't go there easily." It was another bad plan.

Just literally walk into the jaws of the shark, but he had done stupid, and reckless things before.

"I don't know what I'm going to do, but if comes for me on my turf. She won't leave. You don't walk into a dragons den lightly. It won't matter if she has Cobalion, or any other legendary. I will break her...." Amor didn't like being made a fool of. He had genuinely been prepared to surrender, and she tried to kill him. Diplomacy had failed, and if she set foot on his property consequences be damned he would kill her.

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,811 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
It's a Living [M]
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2022 16:19:01 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar tilted his head as he listened to his friend's frustrations. Slowly the beast's lips would curl into a smile, he felt like a fisherman about to reel in a legendary catch. Oscar entwined his fingers, chuckling softly as Amor finished his rant.

Oscar shook his head, his eyes widening as they locked with Amor. "Why remain with the league at all? Here you are, contributing your resources, and they treat you like trash. A man of your talent would be much better off elsewhere."

Oscar's smile faded, his expression turning deathly serious. It was the moment of truth, either he reels in the whopper--or cuts the line. "I have an opportunity for you--if you're interested."

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,893 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
It's a Living [M]
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2023 20:53:06 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
Amor smiled at Oscar.

"I see it looks like I'm with the League. I suppose with all my dealings with Mr. , and it would probably appear that way to an outsider." And maybe to an extent Amor did want to put more stock in them. Zac, and Eva he didn't think were bad people. Nor did he view as a bad person. Despite it all, he could understand what happened, where it all simply wrong. He had lost his temper, and then summarily nuked that bridge into oblivion. It could probably be repaired if he truly tried, but were they worth it? Was it worth it to deal with a bunch of hypocrites constantly that he knew would mentally wear him down faster?

That is when he heard Oscar's last sentence, and he let his eyes meet his friends. With his one good arm he took a drink of the delicious stuff Oscar brought, and snagged a pastry like a child for a moment. Amor had been shot through a wall with what amounted to a high powered laser. He could act like a child for a brief moment, and so he began to eat it. Letting the sugar, and caffeine stave off the wariness in his body. Some of the color returned to him, he didn't remember when he had last eaten. Walter was probably worried, along with Adontis.

"What kind of opportunity?" He said between bites of the strawberry filled pastry. "Even with the sanctions on my company it hasn't really put a dent in my finances. Thanks to my other investments." That was the simple truth, so if it was financial aid, Amor wouldn't need it thankfully.

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,811 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
It's a Living [M]
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2023 20:18:04 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar sneered, Amor's interest was all Oscar needed. Oscar reached into his coat and pulled out his wallet. Opening it, he pulled out a black business card and slid it across the table to Amor. The card was labeled with nothing but an address in an eggshell white print. Before taking his hand off of the card, Oscar stared dead on into Amor's eyes.

"Your finances are of no importance. You should take this card if you feel as though you've been wronged and want to get back at those who have wronged you. Just know that once you start, there's no going back." 

Oscar slowly lifted his hand off  of the business card, abruptly yawning and resuming his usual informal persona. "Right then, glad you're alright at least. Pastries are yours, I gotta head out. Got a fuckin' mountain of paper work to get through." Oscar got up and stretched before turning to Amor's door. As he placed his hand upon the handle, he would pause to make one final note.

"Oh and, that card is only good tonight. Tomorrow, nothing will be there. So no pressure, but try not to drag your feet. Tootles!" Oscar left, his cheerful whistling resonating down the hall before slowly disappearing.

@amor
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,893 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
It's a Living [M]
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2023 11:09:46 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
What an odd day, Amor stared at the business card obviously impressed with the eggshell white coloring of the letters. The font was Romalian, and he just stared at it in consternation for a moment. The background of the card, this particular shade of black was called Obsidian Bone, he had considered using it himself, but it didn't work well with the rest of his brand. So he just marveled at it, and bit his lower lip.

"He just wanted to show off this fancy card didn't he....Bastard, now I'm gonna have to order brand new ones to show him up." Amor mumbled to himself feeling a bit competitive over such trivial things, but it was all in good fun. It wasn't as if he was going to murder Oscar over it. Though none of that was of real importance, it was the address that caught his attention. Nothing would be there tomorrow....If he felt as if he had been wronged go there.

Had he been wronged? The definition was loose, but in his eyes yes. Amor felt that a government should at least pretend to act a certain way, and if they couldn't, then they failed. Despite him striking a deal with one of their scientists they had dragged their feet letting him research the thing, and the potential creature he had heard about emerging from it. Even though he had risked himself to even obtain that information by collaborating with the hacker known as Athena (). So that had been a solid waste.

They failed him when one of his nodes had gotten stolen, despite the research being partially theirs. Tapping the desk lightly as he just let the frustration build up. How hard would it have been? While he did do some under the table things, he had truly tried working with the League, yet stonewalled at each turn. Perhaps in another universe he was on good terms with him.

Then came the final failure, after his brash outburst towards , when he had attacked her after she trapped him. She had asked for his surrender, and when he complied she tried to kill him. That had been the actual nail in the coffin, three bad business deals. So he tapped his HoloWatch, and called up Walter.

"I'm going to be late getting home tonight. I have some extra business to attend to." If the league wanted him to be a villain, there was no reason to make them a liar. They had no idea what he was capable of, or to what lengths he was willing to go through to get what he wanted.

They had no idea that he had modified 's memories to make sure she didn't have to lie about their talk. So perhaps whatever Oscar had just offered him, though he had a good idea of what it was. Perhaps this would allow him to get back at the League, and put him closer to his own goals. Maybe this card would allow the region to survive under the true enemy of Hoenn.

So he went, and not once did he look back.

TLDR
And Finished!

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
It's a Living [M]
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2023 22:25:55 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: