[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]PSPN DIGEST

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

EXHIBIT
JOSH DEVLIN
PERIODICAL
JULY 2023
VOL. 2 NO. 7

[player]https://fi.zophar.net/soundfiles/nintendo-gamecube-gcn/f-zero-gx/202%20-%20Brain%20Cleaner%20%28Replay%29.mp3[/player]
Brain Cleaner - F-ZERO GX OFFICIAL SOUNDTRACK
[BREAK]

BASEBALL'S PITCH CLOCK HERE TO STAY

CASTELIA CITY, UNOVA - RLB officials have announced the end of the trial period for the addition of a pitch clock to the sport, and have decided that it will now be a permanent part of the game. The decision was influenced in large part by fans, players, and coaches alike expressive overwhelming support for the change. The number one cited reason was the shortening of games: the average length of a nine-inning baseball game has decreased by almost an hour since the changes were made.[break][break]

The RLB has announced a trial period for another rules change, beginning with the last three weeks of the regular season and ending with the Division Championships. The proposed change would cause a runner to be placed at second base at the start of every extra inning. Experts project that this change would cut down on extremely long games. If the RLB were to go through with the change, it would be in full effect for the 2024 season.

PFL OVERTIME RULES CHANGES IN EFFECT FOR 2023-24 SEASON

GOLDENROD CITY, JOHTO - In response to marathon Unovan Football games causing serious injuries, the PFL will be implementing a shootout-style tiebreaker system intended to reduce draws during the regular season and mitigate postseason injuries.[break][break]

The length of the overtime period will be reduced from 15 minutes to 10 minutes. If the score is still tied after the overtime period, there will no longer be a second overtime period; instead, teams will take turns attempting two-point conversions. After five attempts per team, the team with the most conversions will be the winner. Ties are broken by continuing two-point conversions in a sudden death state.[break][break]

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
5,986 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
PSPN DIGEST
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2023 6:45:24 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]

EXHIBIT
JOSH DEVLIN
PERIODICAL
AUGUST 2023
VOL. 2 NO. 8

[player]https://fi.zophar.net/soundfiles/nintendo-gamecube-gcn/f-zero-gx/202%20-%20Brain%20Cleaner%20%28Replay%29.mp3[/player]
[BREAK]

Z-MOVE CAUSES LETHAL CRASH IN JOHTONIAN GRAND PRIX

GOLDENROD NATIONAL PARK, JOHTO - PRF administrators have come under fire after a mis-fired Z-Move led to a fatal crash in a Master Class race at the QUADRUPLE MIRROR course at the Pokéathlon Dome north of Goldenrod City. A loss of control over his Zebstrika's Z-MOVE: HYPERSONIC PLASMA CHARGE during the race's final lap led to the death of 27-year-old professional Pokémon racer DALE DUCHNOVY, JR. Three other racers were injured, including SILPH CUP contender DONALD LEVIN, who is expected to be out for the season with a concussion.[break][break]

PRF oversight will hold a safety summit next month on whether to outlaw the use of Z-Moves in competitive Pokémon racing. Despite safety concerns, fans have expressed overwhelming opposition to such a ban, arguing that the removal of Z-Moves will lead to less exciting finishes. The PRF commissioner has also expressed opposition to a ban. If the summit were to vote in favor, the ban would go into effect for the 2024 season, starting with the Hoenn region's season opener slated for a new aquatic course located off the coast of Slateport Beach. Racers by and large hope for a decision sooner rather than later, to have as much time as possible to grow Passho crops and train their aquatic mounts in time for the hotly anticipated race to take place in late February 2024.

TEEN AMATEUR VICTORIOUS AT WYNDON PHARMA CLASSIC

STOW-ON-SIDE, GALAR - Teenage golf prodigy ALBERT RUTSU became the first amateur to hoist the trophy at the Wyndon Pharmaceuticals Classic at The Ledges in Stow-on-Side. Course conditions were brutal all week, the wind being a major factor in keeping scores high. Dry greens made approaches challenging and putting a nightmare all week, the Galarian native the only competitor in the entire field to shoot under par on Sunday. With a birdie on the 568-yard Par 5 18th hole and a final score of -8 for the tournament, the nineteen-year-old amateur took home the trophy and a check for over 700,000 PD.[break][break]

The next PPGA event is the prestigious Macro Cosmos Classic at The Olde Course in Hammerlocke, Galar. Coverage will be running Thursday through Sunday on PSPN2; check your local listings. Full video coverage of the event will also be available online with a premium subscription to the PSPN News All-Access Pass.[break][break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,986 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
PSPN DIGEST
POSTED ON Oct 28, 2023 22:35:32 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]

EXHIBIT
JOSH DEVLIN
PERIODICAL
SEPTEMBER 2023
VOL. 2 NO. 9

[BREAK]

FEDERATION: Z-MOVES TO REMAIN LEGAL DESPITE ACCIDENT

SLATEPORT CITY, HOENN - Competitors and fans alike are outraged following the Pokémon Racing Federation's decision to uphold the legality of Z-Moves in races, despite the death of 27-year-old professional Pokémon racer DALE DUCHNOVY, JR. The use of Z-Power has played a big role in the outcome of many races, the extreme bursts of speed it bestows upon Pokémon, has raised both safety and accessibility concerns for racing leagues of all skill levels.[break][break]

The PRF's board has cited that while the passing of Duchnovy is lamentable, it is a one-off accident, and the safety protocols are sufficient to reasonably protect the safety of competitors and fans alike. When PSPN DIGEST representatives asked about the many season-ending accidents other racers had suffered as a result of the use of Z-Power, the board declined further commentary. Since the decision, the price of Passho Berries has ballooned, making barriers to entry even steeper than they once were.

MAUVILLE LEADER INTERVIEW OVER PRF DECISION

MAUVILLE CITY, HOENN - PSPN DIGEST has spoken to Hoenn PRF ambassador regarding his opinion on the board's decision to maintain the legality of Z-Power in official races. Below is a transcript of the interview:[break][break]

P: Thank you, Gym Leader , for taking time out of your busy day to provide us with your wisdom. You've been racing Pokémon for a long time; well before coming to Hoenn and being one of the region's finest Gym Leaders. What's your take on the decision coming out of the board last week?[break][break]

J: A pleasure to speak to such a respected publication. I'm not happy with the decision at all. Z-Power is dangerous to be in the vicinity of, let alone sitting on a Pokémon's back while it uses one. With the most common Z-Moves used on the circuit being Breakneck Blitz, Supersonic Skystrike, and my very own Hypersonic Plasma Charge, the human body is just not designed to be flung around faster than the speed of sound. There is no reasonable safety measure you can take that will reduce an impact like that from being anything but lethal.[break][break]

P: Thank you. What do you think could be changed in the rules to allow for Z-Power to be used more safely?[break][break]

J: Nothing. They just need to be banned at all levels of competition. Racers already take on quite a bit of risk; there are plenty of popular Pokémon on the circuit capable of running faster than race cars. If I had to leave them legal, I would only leave them legal at the professional levels of competition. There is no reason for amateurs to have to expose themselves to such life-threatening risk just to have a competitive edge.[break][break]

P: What do you think was the motivation behind the decision?[break][break]

J: Money. Without going too much into speculation, money. All the pieces fit. [break][break]

P: How does this change your outlook on Federation racing going forward?[break][break]

J: Not much. With how expensive this decision has made Passho, it just means I won't have a backup Pokémon for the season opener next year. I highly encourage private, unsanctioned racing leagues to ban the use of Z-Power in races.[break][break]

P: With Z-Moves remaining legal, what do you feel could be done to improve overall safety in Federation racing?[break][break]

J: Like I said, just ban them. What the Federation needs to do is commission a formal study between racing leagues, one that allows for Z-Moves and one that does not. If Z-Moves truly are safe to use, scientific evidence backing those claims up would put all of us at ease.[break][break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,986 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
PSPN DIGEST
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2024 17:14:52 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar

URGENT AND CONFIDENTIAL

TO: Hoenn Commissioner (commissioner@hoennleague.gov)
CC: Hoenn Elite Trainers (5 recipients); AQUA Initiative (4 recipients); Hoenn Council Members (3 recipients); Hoenn Ranger Authorities (7 recipients); Hoenn Science Authorities (2 recipients); Hoenn Gym Leaders (9 recipients); Hoenn Minor League (3 recipients)
SUBJ: (URGENT) (CONFIDENTIAL) Raikou

In early March of 2024, Top Champion deemed me worthy of the title Champion and commuted the remainder of my sentence for the February 2023 incident. In a shocking turn of events, his Patron, Ho-oh, has bestowed upon me the blessing of a Rainbow Feather. This Rainbow Feather, when used to draw the Sign below, serves as the vessel for a Johtonian Raikou. I wanted to clarify that it is different from the Hoennian Raikou I came into possession of that I reported on previously. I have also attached a photo of them both standing side-by-side for your reference.

has confirmed that It is the same Johtonian Raikou that he was formerly in possession of; from what I comprehend, Ho-oh has passed part of Kyle's blessing on to me. As far as I am aware, neither Ho-oh nor Raikou has made me an Avatar, nor can I speculate whether one of them will make me an Avatar in the future.

I have done some preliminary testing within Kyle's battle chamber, and have found the Raikou to be very weak; it is as though it is a shadow of the Raikou of legend. As of yet, it is far from war-ready, unable to hold its own against even the Pokémon I battled the Top Champion with. I will be doing further research into this Raikou, and would request the aid of the Science division, particularly , at their earliest convenience. My observation of its capabilities so far are as follows:

1) Raikou is currently unable to Terastallize or use Z-Moves. I have not yet tested a Dynamax Band with it.
2) Raikou cannot be taught new moves like other Pokémon. All methods of teaching it new moves have failed. Currently, it can only use Spark proficiently.
3) Raikou does not exude an aura of Pressure like many legendary Pokémon do.
4) Raikou's speed seems to be unaffected; as far as I am aware, it is still the fastest land Pokémon on the planet.

Before Raikou can be weaponized against Rocket, it must be researched. We must learn why Raikou is so weak and get it ready for battle. Gym Leaders, if you are able to help Raikou improve in battle, a meeting in a secluded, private location would be greatly appreciated. It is very important that the knowledge of Raikou be kept a close secret until we can deploy it against Rocket in a way that will maximize the damage it will deal. We cannot squander this opportunity. If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to send me a follow-up email. If you want to meet me in person to talk about the Raikou, I will make room on my schedule to talk about it.

I know this email is getting a little long, but thank you for addressing my concerns. I hope that Raikou will one day be able to serve the League in full capacity, much like 's Tornadus and 's Uxie do. Until then, thank you for your continued support. It means a lot to me.

This communication is HIGHLY CONFIDENTIAL and shall not be disseminated outside official League channels. Any unauthorized dissemination of this communication or its contents shall be punished to the maximum extent of the law.

attachment: raikou_sign.png
attachment: johtonian_and_hoennian_raikou.png

recipients

The following characters have ICly received this email:

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,986 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
PSPN DIGEST
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2024 16:01:55 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar

OPENING THE DOOR TO THE HEART

CRUSH CLAW met POWER WHIP, Jiujiu and Aleph both squealing as they sparred near the foothills of Sector 4 as the sun dipped below the horizon. Several of Josh's Gym Trainers, despite having clocked out, were still at the Gym, watching the Ultra Beast and Ultra Beast killer spar. With only his Gym employees there, the Leader took a risk. He clicked open a Cherish Ball on his belt. "Come on out, Raikou!" Not the Johtonian Raikou bound by the Rainbow Feather he wore as a pin - the "Hoennian Raikou" he befriended deep within Area Zero.

A THUNDERCLAP interrupted their battle, the Terastal Energy around Area Zero not present. The Champion had immediately lost control, the incredibly fast Raging Bolt zipping back and forth like a jouster not even Raikiri could catch. A spark lit up in Aleph's mind, standing alongside Jiujiu instead of against him.

The long-necked Beast charged again, but Aleph and Jiujiu were ready this time. The Xurkitree hurled one of its wires toward a steep grade, latching onto it like a climber would a cliff face. With a metallic twang and an alien noise that could only be interpreted as agony, Jiujiu tripped Raikou, Aleph quick to pounce on him and raking near his legs with CRUSH CLAW to slow him down. All three stopped their quarrel, Josh whistling for Mastema to heal Raikou's wounds with LIFE DEW.

"Raikou, all these Pokémon here are my friends, okay? See the saddles on their backs? That's how you can know my friends. No, our friends." With a bone-shaking purr, the Raging Bolt closed his eyes for a moment. The Champion turned his attention to his Type: Null. "Aleph, I'm so proud of you for stepping in like that and working with Jiujiu instead of against him. We've come a long way, and we've got a long way to go. But this is a really big step. Thank you." The normal-type did not respond to Josh's praise, but the subtle shift in the legendary Pokémon's demeanor did not go unnoticed.

Aleph reaches LOYALTY LEVEL 1. Aleph can now engage in any form of combat without the need for a ROLL.

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Raikou        Raging Bolt    Good
Jiujiu        Xurkitree      Good
Aleph         Type: Null     Good
Mastema       Togekiss       Good

Opening the Door to Aleph's Heart (1/5)

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights